Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2018, 23:47   #5236
Senior - BHPian

There was a tyre size change in late 2016. The new car has 16 inch tyres and the pressures increased, as far as I know the tyre pressure recommendation changed because of that. My car has the 36/33 mentioned in the fuel lid it is April 2017 model.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2018, 09:46   #5237
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
I tried Speed 97, didn't help in my opinion. My car still has tastes, it clearly likes BP more than IOC and HP.
I think my car likes Shell. I filled Shell normal petrol from Bangalore and on my trip to Cochin, I got 18.1kmpl (~525kms, maximum I saw was 18.7kmpl). I filled IOCL normal petrol from Cochin and my return trip got only 16.1kmpl (max 17.5kmpl) even though there was lesser traffic as I left early morning this time. I am a noob when it comes to petrol types. Not sure if normal Shell has some additives that helped boost the mileage. Also felt I was not getting as much pickup as when I was running on Shell.
Old 17th April 2018, 10:37   #5238
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
Hi, there's a major suspension problem in my car and the car has only done 24,500 kms. So I gave in the car for the 2nd service for which i was quoted 11,400 rupees, which is an inflation on the quoted service of less than Rs.8000.

The ASS is quoting a total bill of Rs.22500

Post this experience, I recommend everybody to stay away from VW or Polo GT as the suspension is terrible and a massive failure point.
This is a cause for concern.

Did you notice any anomalies / niggles / symptoms before suspension failure? Were you taken by surprise by the service center?

I'd suggest you take the car to an independent / reputed service center for a check up.
Old 17th April 2018, 10:50   #5239
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nair View Post
I think my car likes Shell. I filled Shell normal petrol from Bangalore and on my trip to Cochin, I got 18.1kmpl (~525kms, maximum I saw was 18.7kmpl). I filled IOCL normal petrol from Cochin and my return trip got only 16.1kmpl (max 17.5kmpl) even though there was lesser traffic as I left early morning this time. I am a noob when it comes to petrol types. Not sure if normal Shell has some additives that helped boost the mileage. Also felt I was not getting as much pickup as when I was running on Shell.
Shell normal has no additives. Shell V power has cleansing additives, octane rating remaining same. You need to take into consideration the difference in altitude between origin and destination. It is natural when you are going up, your car is working harder than when it is going down. Bangalore being at a higher altitude than Cochin can cause this effect. Also other factors like traffic, time of day, ambient temperatures all play their parts, not to mention driver's mood .

Lastly purity of the fuel will matter. Pure unadulterated fuel has to be more efficient. I will any day bet on Shell when it comes to purity compared to PSU bunks.
Santoshbhat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th April 2018, 13:53   #5240
BHPian

I'd like to know if the new GT TSI models come with a factory fitted spoiler or not. The reason for my query is because i just booked the car however the sales representative said that the GT models coming from the factory after February this year do not come with a factory fitted spoiler. The VW website however mentions that the car comes with a spoiler in the list of features of the GT models. Not really sure whats correct.
Old 17th April 2018, 14:22   #5241
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase_nt View Post
I'd like to know if the new GT TSI models come with a factory fitted spoiler or not. The reason for my query is because i just booked the car however the sales representative said that the GT models coming from the factory after February this year do not come with a factory fitted spoiler. The VW website however mentions that the car comes with a spoiler in the list of features of the GT models. Not really sure whats correct.
VW is notorious for this. Some batches have the spoiler and some dont. I did not get a spoiler in my April 2017 GT and was told that it has been discontinued. Then in May 2017 I saw a new GT with a factory spoiler. I was infuriated and complained the issue to VW. Result was that I got the Sports Spoiler for the GT as a goodwill gesture.

They do it for the colors too. They informed me that the grey color in the GT was discontinued and guess what, I saw a brand new GT in grey color recently.

I guess they do these things when they run out of stock at the factory... Really disappointing to say the least.
Old 17th April 2018, 14:52   #5242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
This is a cause for concern.

Did you notice any anomalies / niggles / symptoms before suspension failure? Were you taken by surprise by the service center?

I'd suggest you take the car to an independent / reputed service center for a check up.
The only problem was a bottom out noise on normal bumps. Yes, the water pump is a suprise.
Old 17th April 2018, 16:31   #5243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase_nt View Post
I was facing a very similar situation when I booked my GT. However, I made it very clear in writing on the booking form that the car had to come with the spoiler and since it's mentioned in the brochure, I'm entitled to it. The dealer later told me that they had to follow-up with the factory to ensure that this was ensured.

I would suggest that you too put in a written condition for the same.
niteshbids is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2018, 16:45   #5244
BHPian

Just got my car serviced at the scheduled interval of 1 year from the date of service. I did send it for the half yearly check-up, earlier.
Bill of apprx 14k and I wonder if they have even changed the engine oil. I complained of multiple niggles lilke the wiper blades not functioning properly, little noise that comes from the steering column etc apart from the persistent jerking issue between gears1-2. None of these were addressed.
With a gem of an engine and a car that truly satisfies driving enthusiast (under the INR 11 lakh budget), I wonder why VW doesnt address their terrible servicing standards.
Old 17th April 2018, 18:03   #5245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
I was infuriated and complained the issue to VW. Result was that I got the Sports Spoiler for the GT as a goodwill gesture. Really disappointing to say the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteshbids View Post
I was facing a very similar situation when I booked my GT.

Thanks for the replies. I think Volkswagen really need to get their act right however i doubt that will ever happen
Old 17th April 2018, 19:13   #5246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghuveerk View Post
Just got my car serviced at the scheduled interval of 1 year from the date of service. I did send it for the half yearly check-up, earlier.
Bill of apprx 14k and I wonder if they have even changed the engine oil. I complained of multiple niggles lilke the wiper blades not functioning properly, little noise that comes from the steering column etc apart from the persistent jerking issue between gears1-2. None of these were addressed.
With a gem of an engine and a car that truly satisfies driving enthusiast (under the INR 11 lakh budget), I wonder why VW doesnt address their terrible servicing standards.

This has always been the issue.

I told them last service my suspension is facing issues, and yet they said its all okay.

Now at the second service I have a bill of 25000 with 3 suspension parts changed which I know were under problem since first service.

Most of the parts are badly manufactured and not suitable for India.
Old 17th April 2018, 20:00   #5247
BANNED

Quote:
I told them last service my suspension is facing issues, and yet they said its all okay.

Now at the second service I have a bill of 25000 with 3 suspension parts changed which I know were under problem since first service.
Did you mention this suspension related issue on the job card during the last service?

If yes you can use that as a proof to escalate to the higher ups at VW.
Old 17th April 2018, 20:05   #5248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This has always been the issue.

Most of the parts are badly manufactured and not suitable for India.
Suspension components are localized and of very poor quality. I'm facing all sorts of suspension noises as well due to the car running on really bad roads in Whitefield area. It'll be 2 years old in another few months and I have a funny feeling I'll have to overhaul the suspension as well.
Old 20th April 2018, 13:40   #5249
BHPian

Hi,

I have just booked my GT TSi in carbon grey. The car is ready at the dealership, but I will be taking the delivery on Monday.

Here are my few queries to the current owners as well as everyone who is knowledgable.

1. I am made to understand that the car is not suffering from any transmission issues any more - true?
2. Does it come with apple play/android auto?
3. The suspension niggle which everyone is talking about here - can it be sorted before I take the delivery of the car? Can I ask the dealership to grease the struts before hand itself?
4. Any other niggles or irritants I should be aware of?
5. Needless to say since its a VW - I would be taking the extended warranty too - anything else I should consider?
6. I read in some other thread - that the brakes seem inadequate. Are others facing the same issue too?
7. How good are the speakers? Would you guys recommend upgrading them? I am not really any audiophile - but I hate it if the system doesn't sound crisp.
8. What are the prime differences between the 2017 and 2018 model?

Your replies are eagerly sought after as I decided to buy the car today morning, the car in the particular color is available too and I would be taking the car on monday - so we have enough time in between to sort out any issues I might face before taking it.

Last edited by samyakmodi : 20th April 2018 at 13:41.
Old 20th April 2018, 13:54   #5250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
Hi,

I have just booked my GT TSi in carbon grey. The car is ready at the dealership, but I will be taking the delivery on Monday.

Here are my few queries to the current owners as well as everyone who is knowledgable.

1. I am made to understand that the car is not suffering from any transmission issues any more - true?
2. Does it come with apple play/android auto?
3. The suspension niggle which everyone is talking about here - can it be sorted before I take the delivery of the car? Can I ask the dealership to grease the struts before hand itself?
4. Any other niggles or irritants I should be aware of?
5. Needless to say since its a VW - I would be taking the extended warranty too - anything else I should consider?
6. I read in some other thread - that the brakes seem inadequate. Are others facing the same issue too?
7. How good are the speakers? Would you guys recommend upgrading them? I am not really any audiophile - but I hate it if the system doesn't sound crisp.
8. What are the prime differences between the 2017 and 2018 model?

Your replies are eagerly sought after as I decided to buy the car today morning, the car in the particular color is available too and I would be taking the car on monday - so we have enough time in between to sort out any issues I might face before taking it.
Congratulations on your decision. You will not be disappointed with this car.

To answer your queries.

1. As per reviews and user feedbacks, DSG issues were present in 2015 and possibly ealier cars. Most cars have shown the symptom only around 35k mark. It is early to say if the new batches post 2015 suffer from the issue or not. However VW has replaced the DSG boxes on a number of cars without any charges even when out of warranty. So chill and enjoy.

2. Yes it does come with both Apple and Android auto.

3. The suspension niggle is nothing to worry about. I will not recommend getting it opened and greased at time of delivery. This is a time related issue and if and when it happens can be sorted out easily during regular service.

4. Have owned it for an year now and haven't experienced any niggles so far.

5. Extended warranty is all you need. You may want a armrest installed as it makes the driving more comfortable.

6. Braking depends entirely on how you drive and anticipate. Personally I haven't faced this issue. Just ensure you have good tyres like Michelin etc.

7. I find the stock system to be quite good. Treble is balanced and bass is tight. Listen to it for a week and then decide.

8. The upgraded headunit and 16 inch wheels is what I can remember. Also the rain sensing wipers if I am not mistaken.

Enjoy the car, it is a fantastic machine.

Last edited by Traveler : 20th April 2018 at 13:55.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks