Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2018, 15:32   #5371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
But I am also considering the Polo's sheet metal thickness. Is there any other car which can handle the scratches, dings and dongs of Bangalore traffic like the Polo does.

Well in that case the only other car in that budget I can think of is the Ecosport Trend+ automatic. Higher ground clearance, high seating and a decent all rounder. I guess it is around 11.6 OTR Bangalore. Not sure of the discounts.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2018, 23:19   #5372
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

I have March 2016 GT Tsi. Recently in one of the longer drives (2 hours + ) than the car is used to, I noticed a slipping sound when the gear was shifting from D1 to D2 and D2 to D3. The car had 4 passengers at that time.

90% of the times it's just me driving with no one else in the car. I tried to observe it again but there was no sign of any sound over few weeks. Then yesterday again I felt the sound coming while the gears were shifting. But after stopping for some work when I started again I couldn't reproduce it. I am actually a little lost of where the sound is coming from. I am taking it for a check to the service centre tomorrow. Not sure if I'll be able to reproduce it then .
Old 10th July 2018, 09:14   #5373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan85 View Post
I have March 2016 GT Tsi. Recently in one of the longer drives (2 hours + ) than the car is used to, I noticed a slipping sound when the gear was shifting from D1 to D2 and D2 to D3. The car had 4 passengers at that time.

90% of the times it's just me driving with no one else in the car. I tried to observe it again but there was no sign of any sound over few weeks. Then yesterday again I felt the sound coming while the gears were shifting. But after stopping for some work when I started again I couldn't reproduce it. I am actually a little lost of where the sound is coming from. I am taking it for a check to the service centre tomorrow. Not sure if I'll be able to reproduce it then .
I had exactly the same problem with my GT TSI and in my case the sound would show up only after really long drives on ghat roads. I recently posted about this issue. You can check my post here and compare the sound you are hearing. If it matches then it's surely a clutch issue. My car is still in the garage for getting the clutch replaced under warranty. I should be getting it back tomorrow.
sanspatil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2018, 09:35   #5374
Senior - BHPian

Is this Polo, MK5 or MK6 ? I have to order stuff from AliExpress, so needed clarification.
Old 10th July 2018, 10:00   #5375
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Is this Polo, MK5 or MK6 ? I have to order stuff from AliExpress, so needed clarification.
It is the MK5. 6C to be exact. For ordering from Aliexpress you've to see "6R/6C" because 6C is just a minor 2014 face-lift of 6R
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2018, 12:14   #5376
BHPian

So I had my first servicing done this week at VW Hyderabad Khajaguda Service center. Mine was July2017 model without Android Auto. Service experience was just ok, nothing great. They said no software update was required.
I asked to activate Needle sweep and lane change indicator blink count to 4, but it was not done citing lack of member who knows how to do it. Even now they are saying to bring it to workshop and keep it for couple of days and they will "try" ( Im no way going to get it done that way).
Any advice on how to get it done in Hyderabad?

Also service cost total come to 11300/-.
Old 15th July 2018, 14:27   #5377
BHPian

Hi. I recently purchased a used 2015 Polo GT TSI. The problem did not show up during my short test drive (the dealer wasn't keen to give me a longer one because of his location and I didn't insist, but that's water under the bridge), but after having driven her for a couple of days, I've realized that the DSG suffers from the infamous D3 > D2 jerks. The jerks are ruining all the driving pleasure, and I'm unable to experience the joy of new ownership. Thankfully, the car is under extended warranty for another year.

This was the first place that came to my mind to look for help. I intend to take the car to an authorized workshop. Any advice would be really appreciated.
Old 15th July 2018, 17:04   #5378
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLizardKing View Post
Hi. I recently purchased a used 2015 Polo GT TSI. The problem did not show up during my short test drive (the dealer wasn't keen to give me a longer one because of his location and I didn't insist, but that's water under the bridge), but after having driven her for a couple of days, I've realized that the DSG suffers from the infamous D3 > D2 jerks. The jerks are ruining all the driving pleasure, and I'm unable to experience the joy of new ownership. Thankfully, the car is under extended warranty for another year.

This was the first place that came to my mind to look for help. I intend to take the car to an authorized workshop. Any advice would be really appreciated.
Try and reset the DSG software so that it can adapt to your driving style again. This should help in atleast reducing the magnitude of the jerks. It's the simplest way to troubleshoot the issue before fiddling with the mechatronics. Follow this procedure:

Quote:
- Put your key in the ignition and turn ignition to the on position (don't start the engine!)
- Hold down the gas pedal for at least 20 seconds.
- Let foot off pedal and start car. Be sure that you do no turn ignition off because that will void the reset
This will reset the shift points of the gearbox and it will try and adapt to your throttle inputs. Also check with your A.S.S if there is a software update available for the gearbox.

This isn't a problem with the mechatronics IMO. Shouldn't be anything to worry about until it gets worse or the gearbox responds or shifts erratically.

Last edited by vishy76 : 15th July 2018 at 17:08.
vishy76 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2018, 10:43   #5379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post

This will reset the shift points of the gearbox and it will try and adapt to your throttle inputs. Also check with your A.S.S if there is a software update available for the gearbox.
Are you sure it works? I had tried this and it didn't change anything noticeable.
Old 17th July 2018, 01:29   #5380
BHPian

So guys i'm glad to announce that i took delivery of a brand spanking new Flash Red Polo GT TSi last month.

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_3510.jpg

Now unfortunately, the stock Goodyear Assurance are absolutely terrible tires, so i took the liberty of ordering myself a set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tires. Man oh man, did that change the nature of the car!

Now i'm sure you guys are asking, isn't it overkill for such good tires on this car? Pretty sure they are, but then this is my first car, wanted to treat her to the best! took about 3 weeks for my local Michelin dealer to procure the tires, but it was all worth it!

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_20180713_154529.jpg

These tires are absolutely amazing!
Pros:
ZERO wheel spin, even on full throttle! It just goes!

Excellent braking. Smooth quick stops (compared to the goodyears, we all know the brakes are a little lacking)

Much better ride than the Goodyears.

Cons:
Had to upsize to 205/50. So the track is wider but the wall is smaller. So have to be careful on rough roads.

Umm.. Yeah thats about it.

Overall so happy with the upgrade. A friend of mine also got the Polo GT a week after me. He notices the difference a lot more than i do!
venom_op is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th July 2018, 09:54   #5381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
So guys i'm glad to announce that i took delivery of a brand spanking new Flash Red Polo GT TSi last month.

Attachment 1781758

Now unfortunately, the stock Goodyear Assurance are absolutely terrible tires, so i took the liberty of ordering myself a set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tires. Man oh man, did that change the nature of the car!

Now i'm sure you guys are asking, isn't it overkill for such good tires on this car? Pretty sure they are, but then this is my first car, wanted to treat her to the best! took about 3 weeks for my local Michelin dealer to procure the tires, but it was all worth it!

Attachment 1781759

Pros:

Excellent braking. Smooth quick stops (compared to the goodyears, we all know the brakes are a little lacking)

Much better ride than the Goodyears.

Cons:
Had to upsize to 205/50. So the track is wider but the wall is smaller. So have to be careful on rough roads.

Umm.. Yeah thats about it.

Overall so happy with the upgrade. A friend of mine also got the Polo GT a week after me. He notices the difference a lot more than i do!

congratulation on owning the red beauty!
Noticed that your bonnet looks blackish, have you modified it with a wrap?
amit_mind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2018, 10:05   #5382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post

Pros:
The GT doesn't have enough torque to spin the wheels of any decent tyre even after a pretty aggressive remap and intake mods.

I use the much cheaper Continental MC5 and I've only seen traction control light up once in over 2 years of driving and that was on wet roads .

That said, PS4 is a very good tyre for grip. Probably the best you can buy for normal road use. There are more extreme tyres like AD08 but they are rather impractical for daily use.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 17th July 2018 at 10:06.
reignofchaos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2018, 10:52   #5383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mind View Post
congratulation on owning the red beauty!
Noticed that your bonnet looks blackish, have you modified it with a wrap?
Yeah. Got the roof, hood and logos wrapped in Gloss Black and PPF on the bumpers and then coated with Hypershield from 3M Car Care. Notice the water beading on the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
The GT doesn't have enough torque to spin the wheels of any decent tyre even after a pretty aggressive remap and intake mods.

I use the much cheaper Continental MC5 and I've only seen traction control light up once in over 2 years of driving and that was on wet roads .

That said, PS4 is a very good tyre for grip. Probably the best you can buy for normal road use. There are more extreme tyres like AD08 but they are rather impractical for daily use.
Really? Lol, I thought it could. Oh well, still happy with my decision. Especially since the horrible Goodyear Assurances absolutely HAD to go!
venom_op is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2018, 11:21   #5384
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
That's because its an automatic, not because of lack of torque. There is enough wheelspin a WagonR can do, leave alone a Polo GT.
SLK is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 19th July 2018, 10:28   #5385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspatil View Post
I had exactly the same problem with my GT TSI and in my case the sound would show up only after really long drives on ghat roads. I recently posted about this issue. You can check my post here and compare the sound you are hearing. If it matches then it's surely a clutch issue. My car is still in the garage for getting the clutch replaced under warranty. I should be getting it back tomorrow.
It turned out to be the multi-clutch after all. I took video of the time I heard the sound with the car speedo, VIN and the number plate also part of the playback and submitted it to the service in-charge. Service Centre folks submitted it further to VW and even though they themselves could not reproduce the sound the video helped in getting an approval for a replacement.

I wasn't charged anything given I had extended warranty. The clutch replacement took a week and now the car is running fine *knock on wood*.

No matter how much I love driving the car its issues like this and the one I had earlier, with vibrations while braking, that irritate me.
karan85 is online now   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks