Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2018, 15:47   #5416
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

I have crossed 12,000 kms on my GT in since December 26th 2017. I wanted to get a feeler from other owners if this is a good time to get the service done or should I wait for the 15k mark.

The car has seen good highway and city mileage and is not just run in the city.
Old 9th August 2018, 08:17   #5417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionell View Post
I have crossed 12,000 kms on my GT in since December 26th 2017. I wanted to get a feeler from other owners if this is a good time to get the service done or should I wait for the 15k mark.

The car has seen good highway and city mileage and is not just run in the city.
" 15k or one year whichever comes earlier " is what my understanding is, unless you're having some issue. I take it that you would have got the free check up done after six months of ownership.
Old 9th August 2018, 08:25   #5418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
Wow..that's quite strange. I never managed to get to S7 without cruise control.
The upshifts are a function of throttle input and vehicle speed/engine speed. The harder you press the A pedal, the gear would upshift at a higher rpm keeping you in a lower gear for longer. Generally while in S mode, we are in the enthusiastic driving mode ourselves and are generous with the A pedal hence not easy to get to S7. With a slightly milder driving you'd get the S7 that has been eluding you.

Another reason you don't see S7 easily is that almost all cars including the GT TSI achieve top speed in the penultimate gear and not top gear. Hence for any high throttle input, the last upshift point is outside of practical operating range
niteshbids is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2018, 17:24   #5419
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Just wanted to let you know that VW will renew for the 5th year ONLY if you renew before the 2nd year.
While this is correct that we can buy an extended maximum within the main warranty period of 2 years, They do not seem to have figured out how they'll do that for people like me who already have bought the 2+2 year warranty policy an just want to extend it for the 5th year. This is even if the car is still less than 2 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLizardKing View Post
Thanks. The current owner has checked with the authorized dealer in his city, and has been informed that VW will be launching a separate product in August to enable customers whose cars are under extended warranty to purchase the 5th year warranty. You may want to check with your dealer about this. I intend to check with mine (I own a Polo MPI).
Today morning I called my dealer, Apple auto Whitefield and they told me that they will give the 2+3 only to new cars and they can't extend it to old cars (even if it is still less than 2 years old) having 2+2 years.

A few minutes ago I called VW customer care directly they connected me to the CRM of another dealer - Palace cross . What they told is they can do it but will take around a month to finish the process detailed below:
  1. Existing policy of 2+2 years will have to be cancelled after taking an approval from their warranty team
  2. 2+3 years policy has to be purchased afresh by paying the necessary amount
  3. Refund of the 2+2 policy will be initiated by Apple Auto from where I had purchased the car and the 2+2 warranty policy
Because of a refund they don't want to do it especially when there is another dealer involved in it.

Suppose if it can be done like this, I'll get a refund of 13695 (which was exactly what I had paid) and I now have to pay 27292 for the 2+3.
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-untitled.jpg

In this exercise, I discovered that there is no way I can contact VW customer care for general topics like this and they take only complaints!!! These topics are to be discussed with the dealers only!
hemanth.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th August 2018, 07:25   #5420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Suppose if it can be done like this, I'll get a refund of 13695 (which was exactly what I had paid) and I now have to pay 27292 for the 2+3.
Attachment 1788896
Perfect timing. Thank you. I'm taking delivery tomorrow and will ask my dealer to give me this 5 year warranty package.

Guys,
Any pointers for the running-in period? I'll have the car with me for about a week before I take it Bangalore on Friday. Hope to do at least the first 1000 kms by then.

Accessories from the dealer:
  • Engine Sump Guard : 6000
  • Body Side Protector: 2475 (2700 with installation)
  • Sun Blinds : 2050
  • Mud Flaps : 1000?

Accessories from Auto Harbour, Manipal
  • Parking Camera : 6000
  • Armrest: 3000
  • 3D Floor Mat : 7000
  • Roof Wrap : 3000
  • Seat Covers : 13,000

Need to do PPF for Front Bumper, Door Edges and Wing mirrors in Bangalore on Saturday.

Any pointers on someone cheaper than 3M?
Our Location: Near Cox Town.
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2018, 11:03   #5421
BHPian

Quote:
A few minutes ago I called VW customer care directly they connected me to the CRM of another dealer - Palace cross . What they told is they can do it but will take around a month to finish the process detailed below:
  1. Existing policy of 2+2 years will have to be cancelled after taking an approval from their warranty team
  2. 2+3 years policy has to be purchased afresh by paying the necessary amount
  3. Refund of the 2+2 policy will be initiated by Apple Auto from where I had purchased the car and the 2+2 warranty policy
Because of a refund they don't want to do it especially when there is another dealer involved in it.
Why make it so complicated, VW?

Much thanks for the update, btw. You enter a very short and exclusive list of persons who've managed to talk to VW Customer Care.

It is going to be all the more difficult for me. I bought the car used, and the previous owner purchased the extended warranty. Cherry on top, the dealership who sold it to him shut shop a long time back.

Also, I know the rates have gone up since you purchased yours, but you're going to end up shelling out close to 14k for the 5th year...
TheLizardKing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2018, 16:51   #5422
BHPian

Quote:
While this is correct that we can buy an extended maximum within the main warranty period of 2 years, They do not seem to have figured out how they'll do that for people like me who already have bought the 2+2 year warranty policy an just want to extend it for the 5th year. This is even if the car is still less than 2 years old
Hi Hemanth, I got mine extended from 2+2 to 2+3. I just paid diff amount which was about ~4k. Yes the procedure is correct where the dealer will cancel the existing warranty and apply for the new one. With my diff amount being paid to the dealer, he managed the refund and adjustment himself.
penpavan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2018, 07:16   #5423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
I'm taking delivery tomorrow and...

Need to do PPF for Front Bumper, Door Edges and Wing mirrors in Bangalore on Saturday.

Any pointers on someone cheaper than 3M?
Our Location: Near Cox Town.
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_20180813_073234_hdr2.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_20180813_073135_hdr2.jpg

Here she is...

The most impressive feature of the car? Rain sensing wipers
- just because of the non-stop rains here now.

PS: Anybody have answers for my PPF question above?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 16th August 2018 at 13:54. Reason: Formatting
samaspire is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 16th August 2018, 11:23   #5424
BHPian

My GT TSI is about to complete 2 years in October 2018. I haven't done ANY mods on the car so far. I wish to do following simple mods WITHOUT affecting the warranty (I have 2 + 2 Extended warranty). Here are the simple mods planned. Any reliable and reasonable workshop in Pune?

1. Anti-glare windshield film (I hate to drive at night because of incoming High Beams)
2. Headlamp upgrades without affecting warranty. (Either Phillips Xtreme Vision Plus or LEDs). Original ones are just too weak.
3. Driver Armrest
4. Android Auto Head unit (Mine is Mirrorlink one)
5. Any high performance brake pads?

Last edited by capslock : 16th August 2018 at 11:24. Reason: Added #5
Old 16th August 2018, 12:43   #5425
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by capslock View Post
1. Anti-glare windshield film (I hate to drive at night because of incoming High Beams)
3M CR70. expensive but worth every bit.

Quote:
2. Headlamp upgrades without affecting warranty. (Either Phillips Xtreme Vision Plus or LEDs). Original ones are just too weak.
I have used both Philips Xtreme vision and Osram Nightbreaker. I would suggest Osram Night breaker laser. around 1700 per pair. you'll need 2 pairs of H7 for the headlamps.

Quote:
3. Driver Armrest
you can order on Aliexpress and get it fixed in a FNG. The VW A.S.S will also do it for around 6500

Quote:
4. Android Auto Head unit (Mine is Mirrorlink one)
I don't know for sure but this might affect the warranty.

Quote:
5. Any high performance brake pads?
Many members have done this and Brembo are Tarox are the most preferred ones. various combinations of pads (Brembo red, Brembo Black, Tarox, Stock etc.) and discs (solid, slotted, drilled) are well documented. I just replaced the OE ones with the Brembo last week. Tarox was way out of my budget
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2018, 13:12   #5426
Senior - BHPian

I'm in the market for a fast hatchback and after doing the basic Polo GT TSI vs Baleno RS, have zeroed in on the Polo.

However my primary concern is whether this is the right time to buy Polo. the present gen Polo has been in the country for 8 years and the GT for about 5.

Any pointers on whether the new generation Polo is coming anytime soon to our shores?
Old 16th August 2018, 13:37   #5427
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
Hi Hemanth, I got mine extended from 2+2 to 2+3. I just paid diff amount which was about ~4k. Yes the procedure is correct where the dealer will cancel the existing warranty and apply for the new one. With my diff amount being paid to the dealer, he managed the refund and adjustment himself.
Even after writing to the VW customer care and they assigning a ticket to Apple motors, the CRM of apple motors replied in mail that they cannot change from the 2+2 to 2+3. I really wonder how this can be different with different dealers. I've written them back how it can be like this and haven't got a reply (slim chances of it happening)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I'm in the market for a fast hatchback and after doing the basic Polo GT TSI vs Baleno RS, have zeroed in on the Polo.

However my primary concern is whether this is the right time to buy Polo. the present gen Polo has been in the country for 8 years and the GT for about 5.

Any pointers on whether the new generation Polo is coming anytime soon to our shores?
Decision depends on how urgent is your requirement. The next generation won't be coming before the end of 2020.
Old 16th August 2018, 13:42   #5428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Decision depends on how urgent is your requirement. The next generation won't be coming before the end of 2020.
Looking at buying within the next 30 day period.
Old 16th August 2018, 13:53   #5429
BHPian

The VW Arm Rest is such a rattle box. As in, there are no moving/playing parts that rattle but strangely the Arm Rest top makes horrible noise on the edges even when slight weight falls on it (like when you rest your elbow). Its hard to explain but so annoying.

Quote:
you can order on Aliexpress and get it fixed in a FNG. The VW A.S.S will also do it for around 6500
penpavan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2018, 14:10   #5430
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
The VW Arm Rest is such a rattle box. As in, there are no moving/playing parts that rattle but strangely the Arm Rest top makes horrible noise on the edges even when slight weight falls on it (like when you rest your elbow). Its hard to explain but so annoying.
True. Sometimes when the cabin is silent and you have some co passenger, it is kind of embarrassing. More so if you would've told that co passenger how well built the car is. ICE has come to my rescue in such scenarios (i turn up the volume)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks