Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2018, 16:35   #5431
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
True. Sometimes when the cabin is silent and you have some co passenger, it is kind of embarrassing. More so if you would've told that co passenger how well built the car is. ICE has come to my rescue in such scenarios (i turn up the volume)
True that. In just 5000kms my arm rest top is making a ruckus. Some more rattling has also popped up. The ASC will have to fix those.
Old 20th August 2018, 12:13   #5432
Distinguished - BHPian

Palace cross executive called me on Friday and told that VW have now come out with this Add-on warranty scheme where I can take it by paying some amount per year (around 12K per year). They told they can issue this even though the 2+2 I have is from another dealer.
Since Apple auto have now given in writing that they cannot extend my 2+2 to 2+3, I have only this option. On the VW website it states that Add-on warranty can be purchased till a max of 7 years for the vehicle.
Is this Extended warranty and Add-on warranty same? Dealer says it is same. I've taken a week's time to think.
hemanth.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th August 2018, 14:37   #5433
BHPian

Quote:
Palace cross executive called me on Friday and told that VW have now come out with this Add-on warranty scheme where I can take it by paying some amount per year (around 12K per year). They told they can issue this even though the 2+2 I have is from another dealer.
Thanks for this helpful update. Just like you, I have run into a wall with my dealer refusing to move me from 2+2 to 2+3. Please ask the dealer offering the add-on warranty for the terms and conditions in writing, so that we can compare it with the extended warranty. Waiting to hear from you.

Edit: I just called VW Customer Care, and the associate I spoke to confirmed that I can buy the 5th year warranty separately. He didn't have any additional details to offer, and asked me to speak with the service centre team.

Last edited by TheLizardKing : 20th August 2018 at 14:48. Reason: Updated
Old 20th August 2018, 15:41   #5434
zen
BHPian

Had heard from my dealer that something like this was in the offing. Thanks for letting us know it's out!

Looks like the VW site has been updated with details and terms. The site says it's a curtailed version of the new/extended warranty but doesn't look like any major exclusions at first glance.

https://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/volk...-warranty.html
Old 20th August 2018, 15:44   #5435
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Since Apple auto have now given in writing that they cannot extend my 2+2 to 2+3, I have only this option. On the VW website it states that Add-on warranty can be purchased till a max of 7 years for the vehicle.
Is this Extended warranty and Add-on warranty same? Dealer says it is same. I've taken a week's time to think.
Thanks for this update. This is a very useful addition. My Vento TSI 2+2 warranty got over last November. As per the info in the website (Link), it looks like I can purchase this add-on warranty. Having the DSG covered for another 2 years definitely gives more peace of mind. Need to see what the cost would be in my case.

Quote:
  • Avail add-on warranty any time from next day of expiry of new vehicle's warranty, but within 7 years from date of vehicle's sale. However, odometer reading of vehicle should be within 125,000 km limit.
  • Avail add-on warranty 30 days before expiry of valid extended warranty OR maximum 15 days post expiry of extended warranty. However, odometer reading of vehicle should be within 125,000 km limit.
  • Avail add-on warranty can be purchased post expiry of used car warranty, provided vehicle is within 7 years from date of sale and odometer reading is within 125,000 km limit.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2018, 16:24   #5436
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLizardKing View Post
Thanks for this helpful update. Just like you, I have run into a wall with my dealer refusing to move me from 2+2 to 2+3. Please ask the dealer offering the add-on warranty for the terms and conditions in writing, so that we can compare it with the extended warranty. Waiting to hear from you.

Edit: I just called VW Customer Care, and the associate I spoke to confirmed that I can buy the 5th year warranty separately. He didn't have any additional details to offer, and asked me to speak with the service centre team.
They have sent me an email with a word document attached to it.

Also I saw in the VW webiste where they have explained the Add-on Warranty
In this link, I see this line quoted below
Quote:
Note: Add-on Warranty is a curtailed down extension of the New Vehicle /extended Warranty. Parts which are excluded are mentioned separately in the exclusion list. Kindly read carefully.
There is another link where they have explained about the Extended warranty
The differences when I compare the Extended warranty and Add on warranty as per the website are:
Extended warranty has two additional points
Inclusions
Volkswagen approved accessory
(Please refer updated list available with Volkswagen Authorised Dealers)
Exclusions
The loss under the policy that is not in force at the time of claim due to any reason whatsoever.
Add on warranty has this extra condition
30. No claim will be accepted within first 15 days from start date of Add-on Warranty Cover.

What the dealer has sent me on email is exactly the same as the extended warranty terms and conditions and not the Add on warranty.

Whatever it is, I will take the Add-on warranty because I feel that's the best deal in the situation as it stands today
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2018, 19:08   #5437
BHPian

So how did it work for few of us? I think VW realized that everyone is wanting to convert 2+2 to 2+3 and dealers pushed back.

Quote:
They have sent me an email with a word document attached to it.
Old 20th August 2018, 22:01   #5438
Distinguished - BHPian

I had a talk with the guys at wheelwisdom.com through whom I have managed my last couple of services. As per them, VW has launched the Add-On Warranty program, but there is a confusion with the dealer communications on the 2+3 Warranty vs the Add-On Warranty program. So asked to wait for the confusion to settle down and a clear communication is given to the dealers.

They also said for the add on warranty for out of warranty cars, there will be a detailed technical inspection before the add on warranty is given.
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2018, 11:19   #5439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
The VW Arm Rest is such a rattle box.
Quote:
True. Sometimes when the cabin is silent and you have some co passenger, it is kind of embarrassing.
Hey did you guys buy the original VW armrest or did you buy from Aliexpress? I am planning to get the original accessory installed in my GT TSI, and I am severely allergic to rattles...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
As per them, VW has launched the Add-On Warranty program, but there is a confusion with the dealer communications on the 2+3 Warranty vs the Add-On Warranty program.
My dealer was pretty categorical that it is not allowed to move from 2+2 to 2+3. I am happy they introduced Add-on warranty. As long as it is about the same price as the difference between the prices for 2+2 and 2+3, I am happy to buy it. There is hardly any difference between the two when it comes to coverage.

Last edited by TheLizardKing : 23rd August 2018 at 11:24. Reason: Added content.
Old 24th August 2018, 10:40   #5440

I have just dropped my 4 year old GT TSI for annual service at VW Pune West Wakad Workshop.
No additional work, just annual servicing.
They have estimated a total cost upwards of 14K.
Is this same across other service centers ?

3.5K is just labour cost and other charges for engine oil change, a/c filter change, ribbed belt replacement, spark plugs replacement, and some petrol additive which the service advisor claims is mandatory for 4th year service.

Is this cost justified ?
Cool_SRK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2018, 12:57   #5441
BHPian

Someone please help me with the part number of the headlight switch? I have the earlier version of the Polo, got it in early 2014.

Want to upgrade to the auto headlight switch available on Ali Express.
Old 25th August 2018, 14:47   #5442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool_SRK View Post
I have just dropped my 4 year old GT TSI for annual service at VW Pune West Wakad Workshop.
No additional work, just annual servicing.
They have estimated a total cost upwards of 14K.

Is this cost justified ?
Are you sure about the ribbed belt change? The belt costs a handsome amount by itself. Didn't they change the tensioner pulley?
Old 25th August 2018, 17:21   #5443
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
So how did it work for few of us? I think VW realized that everyone is wanting to convert 2+2 to 2+3 and dealers pushed back.
Either you were lucky or your as you said VW realised that this opportunity and decided to cash in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLizardKing View Post
Hey did you guys buy the original VW armrest or did you buy from Aliexpress? I am planning to get the original accessory installed in my GT TSI, and I am severely allergic to rattles...
mine was from Aliexpress.
Old 25th August 2018, 17:35   #5444
Distinguished - BHPian

2+3 years warranty should be available for all VW cars. Only condition is, the car should be less than 730 days old at the time of purchase. Pricing is such that if you buy it within 1 year of purchase , price is lower. Next slab is for purchase within 545 days of purchase of car and then the last slab is for within 545 to 730 days of purchase.

My GTI will be one year old on 31st Aug. So I called them to convert my 2+2 year warranty into a 2+3 year warranty. Calculation is pretty simple. Refer the price list attached, deduct what you paid for the 2+2 year warranty and pay the difference. They will then cancel the 2+2 year warranty and issue a fresh 2+3 year warranty. In my case I am being asked to pay Rs. 25,193/- i.e (85,490, current price of 2+3 Less 60,297, amount initially paid for 2+2)

If I purchase the 2+3 warranty after 31st August, the price is Rs. 1,05,998/- .
Attached Files
File Type: pdf VW-Extended-Warranty-RSA.pdf (199.5 KB, 201 views)

Last edited by Santoshbhat : 25th August 2018 at 17:57.
Santoshbhat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th August 2018, 22:15   #5445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
2+3 years warranty should be available for all VW cars. My GTI will be one year old on 31st Aug. So I called them to convert my 2+2 year warranty into a 2+3 year warranty. In my case I am being asked to pay Rs. 25,193/- i.e (85,490, current price of 2+3 Less 60,297, amount initially paid for 2+2)

If I purchase the 2+3 warranty after 31st August, the price is Rs. 1,05,998/- .
There is another thread about add on warranty which extends up to seven years.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...y-india-2.html
It seems confusing there should be two schemes running parallel. In the price list posted in that thread fifth year warranty for Polo GT TSI is Rs.12,923. Sixth and seventh year is Rs.15,389 per year.
Guite is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks