Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2018, 12:34   #5506
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Hi. I'm planning to get the following mods, and wanted to get feedback:
  1. Remap: Superchips Stage 1from N1 Racing for my GT TSI. Wanted to know the experience of fellow members with N1 and Superchips, specifically the Stage 1. I'm sticking with Stage 1 because my car is still under extended warranty. The dealer has committed to revert the car to the stock map in the worst case scenario.
  2. Suspension upgrade: Considering the following options: Bilstein B6, Koni Special Active, and KW ST (struts).
  3. Performance air filter: Looking for suggestions.
Thanks in advance.
Old 25th September 2018, 11:42   #5507
Senior - BHPian

New Car Update - Brake Disks / Rotors

The new car has only done about 350kms. On Sunday while checking underbody, I noticed that the new brake disks have started scoring slightly. Nothing deep but the surface of the rotor is not smooth. I would expect the disk pad rubbing on the rotor would be facing the rotor smoothly and the rotor face should be plane.

Is it too early to check and if yes how long should I wait for the brake components ( disk / rotor) to settle down properly.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 8th February 2019 at 00:57. Reason: Spacing and formatting
Old 25th September 2018, 12:55   #5508
Team-BHP Support

Re: New Car Update - Brake Disks / Rotors

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
The new car has only done about 350kms. On Sunday while checking underbody, I noticed that the new brake disks have started scoring slightly. Nothing deep but the surface of the rotor is not smooth. I would expect the disk pad rubbing on the rotor would be facing the rotor smoothly and the rotor face should be plane.

Is it too early to check and if yes how long should I wait for the brake components ( disk / rotor) to settle down properly.
It takes about 500 kilometers for the brake pads to settle. As the brake pads settle in, it is normal to see some unevenness in the discs. Only if the tracks are too deep, you need to worry.
Old 25th September 2018, 17:25   #5509
Senior - BHPian

On my Pajero the new Brembo discs and pads took almost 1500 kms to bed in and get the proper brake bite. So yes, give them some time and mileage and they will improve for sure.
Old 26th September 2018, 08:07   #5510
BHPian

Hi. Can someone help me source the OEM GTI armrest for my GT TSI? In Mumbai.

Moderator Suhaas had suggested Pete's, but they no longer sell it.
Old 26th September 2018, 11:44   #5511
BHPian

Is there no warning chimes while driving without seatbelt on? I was just moving the car to an adjacent parking spot and was surprised when there was no warning sounds. So I drove around for a bit and there was still no warning sounds! This is really surprising for a German car. Any idea why the warning is not there or is it a fault in my car?
Old 26th September 2018, 11:50   #5512
BHPian

No, there's nothing wrong with your car. It doesn't have an audio warning for seatbelt, at least upto 2017 model year. But, I have never driven it faster than 10-15 kmph without a seatbelt (force of habit ), so not sure if it comes on after a certain speed. But I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have been programmed like that.

Any 2018 owners?
GrandTourer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 11:54   #5513
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nair View Post
Is there no warning chimes while driving without seatbelt on?
No warning chimes.

Quote:
Any idea why the warning is not there or is it a fault in my car
The chime is missing on the Indian Polo/Vento/Rapid models. Blame it on a different model of the ACU (airbag control unit) installed on the cars here.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 13:26   #5514
BHPian

Quote:
Is there no warning chimes while driving without seatbelt on? I was just moving the car to an adjacent parking spot and was surprised when there was no warning sounds. So I drove around for a bit and there was still no warning sounds! This is really surprising for a German car. Any idea why the warning is not there or is it a fault in my car?
My 2016 GT TSI does have a warning chime with an indication in the MID. However, it is not continuous as is the case with the lights turned on after shutting off the engine. It is for a very short period of time.
Old 26th September 2018, 13:34   #5515
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
My 2016 GT TSI does have a warning chime with an indication in the MID. However, it is not continuous as is the case with the lights turned on after shutting off the engine. It is for a very short period of time.
Could you please upload a short clip of the chime to YouTube and share the link here? Would like to view it. Thanks.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 15:34   #5516
BHPian

I don't have warning chime nor the indication in MID.
Old 26th September 2018, 20:02   #5517
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Germans probably think that wearing the seat belt is the most natural thing in the world to do. Like we would never forget to close the door before driving off, they probably cannot imagine a scenario where someone forgets to put on the seat belt.

But looks like now they are Indianizing things. Seat Belt reminder, change in the door unlock process are couple of things I have seen.

They do have warning chimes if the headlights are not turned off when the car is switched off and when you drive with hand brake engaged. Definitely more useful in my opinion.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 26th September 2018 at 20:03.
Old 26th September 2018, 20:16   #5518
BHPian

There are warning chimes for driving with the handbrake on as well. Which makes it all the more surprising that there is not one for seatbelt.

Anyway question answered. Nothing wrong with my car. So thanks everyone.
Old 28th September 2018, 11:07   #5519
BHPian

Quote:
There are warning chimes for driving with the handbrake on as well. Which makes it all the more surprising that there is not one for seatbelt.

Anyway question answered. Nothing wrong with my car. So thanks everyone.
Yes it's quite surprising that a car with all those modern tech doesn't have one... Heck, it has a warning chime for when you turn off the car and open the door with headlights on, but not for seatbelt :what:
Old 30th September 2018, 15:27   #5520
BHPian

Dear members,

My 10500kms run Polo GT TSi has developed brake shudder. I understand that this has happened with several polos. How can I take it up with the company?

The dealer seems to be pretty useless in this case - Their response was that I have replace it at my own cost. The car is within its warranty period and this seems like a quality defect and I feel I should not be punished for the company's mistake.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 8th February 2019 at 00:59. Reason: Spacing

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks