Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2018, 18:56   #5521
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Write to VW and tell them that is a clear case of poor product quality. They will respond with some resolution.
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2018, 19:23   #5522
BHPian

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by raman.aries View Post
Dear members,

My 10500kms run Polo GT TSi has developed brake shudder. I understand that this has happened with several polos. How can I take it up with the company?

The dealer seems to be pretty useless in this case - Their response was that I have replace it at my own cost. The car is within its warranty period and this seems like a quality defect and I feel I should not be punished for the company's mistake.

Rotor has a warranty period of 6 months or 10,000 kms whichever is earlier during which they will have to be replaced by VW, should any issue occurs. Same issue cropped up in my vento post 10k kms and post 6 months, but i escalated to VW and they were replaced by VW on goodwill basis. Take it up with Volkswagen customer care and i believe they will be of help. Anandh.
anandharamanp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2018, 13:01   #5523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Write to VW and tell them that is a clear case of poor product quality. They will respond with some resolution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anandharamanp View Post
Rotor has a warranty period of 6 months or 10,000 kms whichever is earlier during which they will have to be replaced by VW, should any issue occurs. Same issue cropped up in my vento post 10k kms and post 6 months, but i escalated to VW and they were replaced by VW on goodwill basis. Take it up with Volkswagen customer care and i believe they will be of help. Anandh.
Thank you F150 and anadharamanp. As per your advice, I got in touch with VW customer care and registered this issue with them. Today, I received a call from the dealership informing me that they are checking the issue once again and will get back to me before end of day.

Seems like several members in the forum have experienced issues with VW brakes. Wonder why the company has not tried to resolve the issue once and for all.
Old 2nd October 2018, 22:24   #5524
BHPian

I recently got an RCD340 HU from Classic Motors in Ramesh Nagar Delhi. The guy has a youtube channel too and has been selling RCD 330/340 for quite sometime now.

The total cost came to ₹14k and the system has been performing well.

I have two queries and want to know if other members have noticed the same.

1) I recently noticed that the HU can be switched on even if the car is turned off with the keys removed from the socket. This is weird behavior according to me.

Please confirm if anyone else has noticed the same with their RCD 340.

2) When using Google Maps on Apple Car play, the screen doesn't always switch to night mode. It's unreliable.

Although the screen dims when the headlights are turned on, but switching to night mode on google maps doesn't happen most of the times.

Any solutions?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 8th February 2019 at 01:00. Reason: Spacing
docsinghal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2018, 07:17   #5525
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docsinghal View Post
1) I recently noticed that the HU can be switched on even if the car is turned off with the keys removed from the socket. This is weird behavior according to me.
Please confirm if anyone else has noticed the same with their RCD 340.

2) When using Google Maps on Apple Car play, the screen doesn't always switch to night mode. It's unreliable.
Although the screen dims when the headlights are turned on, but switching to night mode on google maps doesn't happen most of the times.

Any solutions?
1) - Yes, that's normal, with this car any model HU. I quite like this actually.

2) - Isn't google maps supposed to turn to night mode automatically at sunset time and not otherwise?.
SLK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2018, 09:19   #5526
BHPian

Quote:
Dear members,
My 10500kms run Polo GT TSi has developed brake shudder. I understand that this has happened with several polos. How can I take it up with the company?
The dealer seems to be pretty useless in this case - Their response was that I have replace it at my own cost. The car is within its warranty period and this seems like a quality defect and I feel I should not be punished for the company's mistake.
Yes, this is a common problem with this car. Not sure if VW has addressed this issue with the newer cars. Maybe some new car owners can tell but only after they have done 10k+ kms.

I got this issue at 30,000 kms. I just got the rotors and pads changed at my own cost as there was no point complaining at 30k kms.
Old 3rd October 2018, 10:34   #5527
BHPian

I have started getting the brake shudder at 8500 kms but is apparent only at speeds over 80 kmph. I'm taking my car to ASC this weekend. Will update you guys as to what resolution is provided.
Old 3rd October 2018, 13:27   #5528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshumandun View Post
Yes, this is a common problem with this car. Not sure if VW has addressed this issue with the newer cars. Maybe some new car owners can tell but only after they have done 10k+ kms.

I got this issue at 30,000 kms. I just got the rotors and pads changed at my own cost as there was no point complaining at 30k kms.
They agreed to replace the disc at their expense but could not explain as to why this happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandTourer View Post
I have started getting the brake shudder at 8500 kms but is apparent only at speeds over 80 kmph. I'm taking my car to ASC this weekend. Will update you guys as to what resolution is provided.
I am thinking of starting a poll to find out how many members have faced this issue from VW group cars.
Old 3rd October 2018, 15:13   #5529
BHPian

Quote:
I am thinking of starting a poll to find out how many members have faced this issue from VW group cars.
Please do, I think a lot of the GT-TSis have this issue but hasn't been quantified ever.

Even my GT-TSi started facing the shuddering issue around 15k KMs. Didn't bother with VW or ASC. I drive sedately most of the time and brakes did have the "bite" even with the shuddering.

I could live with the shuddering till about 25k km after which changed to brembo disks and pads from a BHPians garage in Pune. Extremely satisfied with the performance and better braking even after heating up than stock.
bhargavd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2018, 15:34   #5530
Distinguished - BHPian

For my Vento TSI, I changed the rotors and pads at around 28k due to the shuddering. Then again at ~40k same issue popped up. Got the rotors skimmed at a multibrand center. Looks like a very common thing in the VAG cars. Not sure if it is more prevalent in the DSG variants.
Old 3rd October 2018, 15:47   #5531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhargavd View Post
Please do, I think a lot of the GT-TSis have this issue but hasn't been quantified ever.

Even my GT-TSi started facing the shuddering issue around 15k KMs. Didn't bother with VW or ASC. I drive sedately most of the time and brakes did have the "bite" even with the shuddering.

I could live with the shuddering till about 25k km after which changed to brembo disks and pads from a BHPians garage in Pune. Extremely satisfied with the performance and better braking even after heating up than stock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
For my Vento TSI, I changed the rotors and pads at around 28k due to the shuddering. Then again at ~40k same issue popped up. Got the rotors skimmed at a multibrand center. Looks like a very common thing in the VAG cars. Not sure if it is more prevalent in the DSG variants.
I tried creating the poll in a new thread but couldn't. I ended up creating just the thread.https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...ml#post4471789

It would really be helpful if we could add a poll to the thread. Pardon my tech savviness, but could any of you advice me as to how to add a poll to that new thread? I would really be grateful.

Thank you.
Old 3rd October 2018, 18:18   #5532
BHPian

Okay... This will sound plain stupid but what is the steering lock to lock number of turns in your Polo?

I got my wheel alignment done at ASC and took the car for a test drive. That is when I noticed that my centre to full left is 1.5 turns while centre to right is little less than 1.5 turns (say 1.3 turns). Shouldn't it be 3 turns lock to lock?

This seems weird that it would have uneven centre to lock ratios. I fear something went off during the wheel alignment at ASC.

Fellow Polo owners, please throw some light on this
Old 5th October 2018, 22:37   #5533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandTourer View Post
Okay... This will sound plain stupid but what is the steering lock to lock number of turns in your Polo?

I got my wheel alignment done at ASC and took the car for a test drive. That is when I noticed that my centre to full left is 1.5 turns while centre to right is little less than 1.5 turns (say 1.3 turns). Shouldn't it be 3 turns lock to lock?

This seems weird that it would have uneven centre to lock ratios. I fear something went off during the wheel alignment at ASC.

Fellow Polo owners, please throw some light on this
It’s probably a wheel alignment problem. If it matters, in my Vento it is 1.5 turns (slightly less actually, say 1.45 turn) each way from dead centre.
Old 6th October 2018, 01:24   #5534
BHPian

I've been having car start trouble for sometime now, it stutters a lot when I turn on the ignition. At times, it takes about 1 to 3 seconds to fire up.

This happens 9 out of 10 times, very rarely will the car start right away, like it should. This problem is not limited to morning drives or cold months, the current October heat is also no help.

I got the battery replaced under warranty (for the same issue), about 10 months back but the problem still persists. The very next day the car was stuttering again.

My car is due for it's 60k servicing next week and wish to get this issue resolved once & for all.

What should I tell the VW guys to look into perticularly? It might even happen that the car fires up instantly in front of the VW guys

What could be the issue other than the battery?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 8th February 2019 at 01:02. Reason: Spacing
Old 6th October 2018, 12:09   #5535
BHPian

@adityan27 : Are you facing any performance issues as well? Like poor acceleration or any hesitation? If that is the case then the spark plugs could be the culprit.
Waspune is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks