Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2019, 14:02   #5791
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Just got a remap update for my Tsi. Its called the Gt-Fire Map. Enclosing the video link. The tuner has also promised a switchable map which is the next update.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 12th February 2019 at 15:09. Reason: Removing additional spacing
Nimish anthony is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th February 2019, 14:08   #5792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiro View Post
---
The VW Prabhadevi showroom sells them, so does the new VW Autobahn Mumbai West. Call them and check if they have.
I believe that the ones sold in India by VW are not the GTI spec armrest but a locally made OEM one. This has varying reviews in terms of quality.

I'm thinking about buying this one which I believe is the GTI spec one: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/OEM-...191c3c00aMcieW

I understand that installation of this one doesn't require the whole of the centre console to be removed, rather it's a relatively simple installation. Could anyone who has bought and installed the GTI spec one confirm?

Thanks.
s4ch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2019, 16:25   #5793
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
I understand that installation of this one doesn't require the whole of the centre console to be removed, rather it's a relatively simple installation. Could anyone who has bought and installed the GTI spec one confirm?
I had installed this armrest in my GT TSi, and have documented it in the below post.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post3831466

Though I have not shown the step by step proceduce, I have listed three other links from where I got the procedure. The installation does not require removing the complete center console. You just need to lift it at the end and insert the arm rest base. In my case, this was difficult due to the carpets and I had to remove the full console though.
graaja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2019, 16:56   #5794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
I had installed this armrest in my GT TSi, and have documented it in the below post.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post3831466

Though I have not shown the step by step proceduce, I have listed three other links from where I got the procedure. The installation does not require removing the complete center console. You just need to lift it at the end and insert the arm rest base. In my case, this was difficult due to the carpets and I had to remove the full console though.
Many thanks for your reply. Great thread and enjoyed reading through.

How is the armrest holding up after all these years? Do you recommend it?
Old 12th February 2019, 17:01   #5795
BHPian

Hi All,
Took delivery of Polo GT TSI, will be driven by my wife. In love with the super smooth DSG gearbox and this car is hoot to drive in sports mode. The engine sounds quite different like a sports car.

Trying to quickly clock 1000 kms to finish of with the initial running-in period. SA told it is not required with new cars now but there is no harm in following the old school process.

Upgraded the tires from MRF 195/55 R16 to Pirelli 205/55 R16 the latter are far better than stock tires and I can feel the difference within 100kms of drive on stock. Ah I feel very bad I didn't upgraded for my Endeavour which is still running on cheap MRF's at 26k on odo.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_20190211_111104.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_20190211_111129.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_20190211_111144.jpg  

Last edited by roby_dk : 12th February 2019 at 17:29.
roby_dk is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 12th February 2019, 17:07   #5796
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Hi All,
Got delivery of Polo GT TSI, will be driven by my wife. In love with the super smooth DSG gearbox and this car is hoot to drive in sports mode. The engine sounds quite different like a sports car.
Congrats and wish you many happy miles!

I notice the alloys color is greyish(?), has VW chanegd the color or is it done by you?
Also, i notice a reverse cam. Can you share details, is it oem fitment or aftermarket?
revved_up is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2019, 17:26   #5797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Congrats and wish you many happy miles!

I notice the alloys color is greyish(?), has VW chanegd the color or is it done by you?
Also, i notice a reverse cam. Can you share details, is it oem fitment or aftermarket?
Thanks, Oh I missed that part could have mentioned in my initial post itself. The alloy colour is changed from silver to slight grey SA termed it as gun metal finish.

Reverse cam was added by the dealer itself and it is integrated nicely with the system. He quoted around 10k for the same and 5k for armrest which was not available at the time of delivery. He promised to fix it with number plate in couple of weeks.

The car has Android auto and Apple car play, the navigation(gmaps) and other things work like charm, the USB port placement could have been better.

Sorry I am not much familiar with the car as of now I need to go through the entire review thread. It was a quick purchase for better half focusing more on mechanical things rather than features.

Would need help and advice from fellow members for future upgrades, planning to upgrade lights next.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 12th February 2019 at 18:12. Reason: Minor typo
roby_dk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th February 2019, 17:30   #5798
BHPian

Quote:
The alloy colour is changed from silver to slight grey SA termed it as gun metal finish.

Sorry I am not much familiar with the car as of now I need to go through the entire review thread. It was a quick purchase for better half focusing more on mechanical things rather than features.

Would need help and advice from fellow members for future upgrades, planning to upgrade lights next.
So VW mild refreshes continue

You can also think about enabling some features through VCDS. Isnt a long list though in Polo, since the BCM doesnt support much.

Anyways, i also bought the same car in the same color in 2017 for my better half!
I occasionally take it out for a spin, it surely is a hoot to drive in "S"mode.
revved_up is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2019, 17:35   #5799
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
How is the armrest holding up after all these years? Do you recommend it?
The armrest is absolutely doing good and is very sturdy (touchwood)
graaja is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2019, 18:02   #5800
BHPian

Quote:
Upgraded the tires from MRF 195/55 R16 to Pirelli 205/55 R16
Congratulations on your red beauty! Wish you many happy and safe miles with it.

Have they also upgraded the tyre size? I remember the stock size was 15".

The gun metal finish looks cool and is in sync with your endeavour
daf23 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2019, 00:35   #5801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daf23 View Post
Have they also upgraded the tyre size? I remember the stock size was 15".
Thanks for the wishes.

As I said as I didn't hook up to this thread before so I never knew TSI came with 15" inchers earlier. It seems I have a big task ahead to read all pages from starting.

Stock size: MRF 195/55 R16
Upgraded :> Pirelli 2015/55 R16

You are right the Endeavour also has gunmetal finish alloys I guess the ones in Polo are darker than Endeavour. Let me post a comparison pic tomorrow.
Old 13th February 2019, 09:28   #5802
Senior - BHPian

Folks, my GT is coming up for the 7500Km checkup. Wanted to know apart from the usual check items mentioned in the manual, what else do I need to get done.

Pointers will be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 13th February 2019, 12:16   #5803
a2k
BHPian

The time has come to replace the tires on my Polo GT TSI which is primarily driven by my wife who drives fast but not a pedal to metal driver. Which is a better set of tires?

1. Pirelli P6 Cinturato Tyres - 5500 Per Tire includes Free Balancing and Alignment.
2. Michelin Energy XM2 - 5500 Per Tire includes Free Balancing and Alignment.

Funnily some of the dealers in Chennai said since it is an alloy wheel it need not be balanced and I only need to do the alignment. As far as I know we always do the balancing irrespective of alloys or not. Or Am I mistaken here.
a2k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2019, 13:25   #5804
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a2k View Post
The time has come to replace the tires on my Polo GT TSI which is primarily driven by my wife who drives fast but not a pedal to metal driver. Which is a better set of tires?

1. Pirelli P6 Cinturato Tyres - 5500 Per Tire includes Free Balancing and Alignment.
2. Michelin Energy XM2 - 5500 Per Tire includes Free Balancing and Alignment.
if you want to decide only between these 2, then Pirelli is a better choice IMO
But other wise the Michelin Primacy 4ST and Continental MC5 are the most preferred tyres for the GT TSI (At least on TBHP). I recently changed to Michelin Primacy 4ST and really happy with it (it's only 4000 Kms after the change)

Quote:
Funnily some of the dealers in Chennai said since it is an alloy wheel it need not be balanced and I only need to do the alignment. As far as I know we always do the balancing irrespective of alloys or not. Or Am I mistaken here.
Alloys or other wise, you have to do balancing (recommended interval for WA and WB is every 5000 Kms). Only the types of weights change base don the wheel. Alloy wheels get sticker weights and steel wheel get clip-on weights.
hemanth.anand is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th February 2019, 14:46   #5805
a2k
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
if you want to decide only between these 2, then Pirelli is a better choice IMO
But other wise the Michelin Primacy 4ST and Continental MC5 are the most preferred tyres for the GT TSI (At least on TBHP). I recently changed to Michelin Primacy 4ST and really happy with it (it's only 4000 Kms after the change)

Alloys or other wise, you have to do balancing (recommended interval for WA and WB is every 5000 Kms). Only the types of weights change base don the wheel. Alloy wheels get sticker weights and steel wheel get clip-on weights.
Hemanth Thask you for the response. I have the 2014 Polo GT TSI which comes in the 185/60R 15 alloy spec. The Continental MC5 and the Primacy 4ST comes only in the 195 width spec. Your car probably has the newer 16 inch alloy.

Last edited by a2k : 13th February 2019 at 14:47. Reason: Additional Info

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks