Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2019, 01:00   #5911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbopetrol View Post
What does one VW Connect Dongle cost?

While trying to find some reviews about it, I happened to read in Amazon UK that the dongles were given for "free" by dealers to customers - which is really strange from Volkswagen
I've read that it sells at the dealerships for about 5.5k.

Should probably get it imported considering it's being given away for free in Europe.

Day 3: Loving the ride. So much fun!

Just noticed there's a mild creaking sound when turning the steering. It's quite mild, but definitely noticeable when it's quiet. The best way to describe it would be kind of like the sound an old door makes, but way milder.

Anyone experience this?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 3rd April 2019 at 08:25. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Please use the EDIT / QUOTE+ functions to address your reply.
Old 31st March 2019, 01:14   #5912

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
My advice - it's not worth it, given that the price is about 10% of the whole car's price. PPF is fine for door edges and maybe the mirrors and bumpers if you're really keen but that's about the extent of it.

If you do get a deep scratch elsewhere, get that panel repainted when it happens. It will be cheaper for most people given the typical scratch probability.
Staying in Mumbai and parking on the road does get scratches on the car eventually, but yes I do get your point and I do not want to shell out so much for the PPF if possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Absolutely waste of money IMHO. You could get the whole car properly booth painted on the outside after 5 years for a lot less than this amount.
Any idea how about original factory paint costs? Will it be as good as new once repainted? From what I've been told by the sales guy they dunk the entire piece in paint, hence it has a 6 year warranty.
Old 31st March 2019, 02:45   #5913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-Freak View Post
Hi Guys !!

Got my steed in Dec'18, MY 2019 Lapiz Blue.

Want to do some more mods in the coming future and will need help of the guys on this forum to source the same.

1. Steering wheel with paddle shifters
2. Slip-on Exhaust
3. BoV
4. ECU Flash
Hey!

Nice mods on the GT, I have a white 2017, Feb registered.

Running a custom catback exhaust and a Forge BOV, in case you wanna know more

Cars also running a Code6 ECU Flash along with TCU Flash from DSG for better ingear shifting.

The Steering is the mod I have my eyes on.

The car has also seen 4 sets of tires, from the stock Goodyear(Terrible) to the Continental MC5 which I shifted to my baleno to the Michelin PS4 in 16" and to the Michelin PS4 in 17".

Attaching some pictures:

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-polo-2.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-polo-4.jpg

Last edited by suhaas307 : 31st March 2019 at 17:44. Reason: Spacing
devilwearsprada is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st March 2019, 03:31   #5914
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiv View Post
Staying in Mumbai and parking on the road does get scratches on the car eventually, but yes I do get your point and I do not want to shell out so much for the PPF if possible.
These are likely to be shallow scratches that will "buff out" with a good detailing session. The only exception is if you have a severe vandalism problem. Also, invest in a good car cover and if possible, a better parking space.
McLaren Rulez is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2019, 10:24   #5915
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For the 7th year I've been told that they will assess the car after 6 years are completed and then decide whether to extend warranty to the 7th year (paid ofcourse).

I'm getting rubber mats and mud flaps free with ₹3,550;

and Bajaj comprehensive insurance at ₹33,909, but that's about it. Paying ₹4,200 extra for Shaman Shield makes my insurance Zero Dep, which I'm opting for.

I'm paying extra for the armrest - ₹6,000 (why?!) and a reverse parking camera - ₹9,000. Though I don't like that the camera doesn't have dynamic guidelines. Any suggestions for a better camera? The car has a decent quality screen with Apple Carplay and Android Auto to which adding a high resolution camera could work wonders.

Also looking for suggestions for good sunblinds and clear UV/heat resistant window film.
1. Insist on buying the 7th year Warranty now, with the new car. I just inquired with my dealer yesterday and he said it can be bought before delivery.

2. Are you paying 3550 for the mat and flaps? How is it free?

3. Better Insurance can be bought from outside for cheaper if you want to go that route.

4. You can inquire about the armrest and the camera outside, as you might get better quality ones for the same price. And as long as you don't splice any wires and use the right connectors for fitting the camera, they can't deny warranty.

5. Buy the sun blinds from VW. (This can be taken in lieu of the mats and flaps. Better to buy a good 3d/5d mat and regular flaps aftermarket, as they will age better.) The blinds are of very good build quality. It's 5 pieces, viz. 1 each for the rear glass, the rear quarter panels, and the rear windows. They don't provide one for the front windows. But these are available aftermarket - buy the zipper ones.

You wouldn't need films if you install the blinds.

6. Also buy the engine bay floor guard.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2019, 14:03   #5916
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Any idea how about original factory paint costs? Will it be as good as new once repainted? From what I've been told by the sales guy they dunk the entire piece in paint, hence it has a 6 year warranty.
VW service centres should be giving original VW paint. I have had a door painted and my only complaint was that it looked slightly better than the rest of the car!

The exact original treatments and paint done at the factory are probably not possible elsewhere. At least, not here.

It was a couple of years ago, at least, but I seem to remember someone mentioning 50k for a full dealer respray. This was in a conversation about the possible lack of sense in spending even more than that on paint treatments. My slightly more recent experience of paintwork and tinkering was 7k per panel.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2019, 17:26   #5917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
Was it driven in slush and rainy conditions recently (a month or two)? If the car hasn't been serviced after the last rains, I suggest you get an underbody water wash. It might just be mud and grime caked up on the suspension components.

If the problem persists, then it would be better to take it to the A.S.S.
Sorry for quoting an old post but want to thank you personally again. I just got the car back from service where they did the underbody wash as well and voila, the irritating jangling noise has gone.

Also got an underbody engine cover, don't want to take any chances in the bad roads around where I live in Bangalore.
nair is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2019, 21:59   #5918

Thank you all for taking the time to reply in such detail. I really appreciate it.

Quote:
These are likely to be shallow scratches that will "buff out" with a good detailing session. The only exception is if you have a severe vandalism problem. Also, invest in a good car cover and if possible, a better parking space.
Not too much I can do about the parking space, but I'm going to go ahead with your advise on the PPF; skip it and try to be careful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
1. Insist on buying the 7th year Warranty now, with the new car. I just inquired with my dealer yesterday and he said it can be bought before delivery.

2. Are you paying 3550 for the mat and flaps? How is it free?

3. Better Insurance can be bought from outside for cheaper if you want to go that route.

4. You can inquire about the armrest and the camera outside, as you might get better quality ones for the same price. And as long as you don't splice any wires and use the right connectors for fitting the camera, they can't deny warranty.

5. Buy the sun blinds from VW. (This can be taken in lieu of the mats and flaps. Better to buy a good 3d/5d mat and regular flaps aftermarket, as they will age better.) The blinds are of very good build quality. It's 5 pieces, viz. 1 each for the rear glass, the rear quarter panels, and the rear windows. They don't provide one for the front windows. But these are available aftermarket - buy the zipper ones.

You wouldn't need films if you install the blinds.

6. Also buy the engine bay floor guard.
1. I'll check about year 7 and update once again.

2. They're free, I'm just quoting the price that is mentioned in the list.

3. I'll check on the insurance too. Just that I was told that it will be easier to claim insurance when it is done though them. Is that true?

4. I will check for the camera, but I want the original armrest.

5. I liked the VW sunblinds, but the Shaman ones cover the front seat glasses with a cutout for the mirrors while skipping the rear windscreen. I'm confused.

6. Didn't know there was something as an engine bay floor guard. Will read about it.

Any more suggestions you have are more than welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
VW service centres should be giving original VW paint. I have had a door painted and my only complaint was that it looked slightly better than the rest of the car!

The exact original treatments and paint done at the factory are probably not possible elsewhere. At least, not here.

It was a couple of years ago, at least, but I seem to remember someone mentioning 50k for a full dealer respray. This was in a conversation about the possible lack of sense in spending even more than that on paint treatments. My slightly more recent experience of paintwork and tinkering was 7k per panel.
I'll definitely keep this in mind for the future. I hope I never have to deal with this, but experience tells me otherwise.
Akiv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2019, 22:39   #5919
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Parking on Road is a hard fact of life for most Mumbaikars. More so if you are in South Mumbai. And if you have a parking space, atmost its a for 1 car. And at Rs.50k/ SqFt carpet area rates, very few even buy parking unless it comes bundled in.

@akiv :I did come across a ceramic coating for 25k (for a premium car) at shine my ride, Vile Parle (E) which is far cheaper than PPF that you have quoted.
Old 1st April 2019, 00:02   #5920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nair View Post

Also got an underbody engine cover, don't want to take any chances in the bad roads around where I live in Bangalore.
Can you please share the part number and cost of the underbody engine cover?

How did they fix it, was it provisioned for already? Any picture would be very helpful.

Thanks
Old 1st April 2019, 07:19   #5921
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
3. I'll check on the insurance too. Just that I was told that it will be easier to claim insurance when it is done though them. Is that true?

4. I will check for the camera, but I want the original armrest.

5. I liked the VW sunblinds, but the Shaman ones cover the front seat glasses with a cutout for the mirrors while skipping the rear windscreen. I'm confused.

6. Didn't know there was something as an engine bay floor guard. Will read about it.
3. Slightly easier, but not worth the 10-20 k difference.

4. The VW provided armrest is known to have issues. Follow back from this below post to know more.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4459359 (Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review)

5. VW does not provide blinds for the front, so you may buy those from any brand. To cover the others, I suggest VW blinds because they are fixed with clips and not magnets. Magnets are known to damage the paint after prolonged usage, if not handled carefully.

6. It's called the underbody guard. Search the thread - details have been posted previously.
Old 2nd April 2019, 10:44   #5922
BHPian

So it's official. VW is actually testing the 1.0 TSI for the updated GT TSI.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...n-india-412155

So now what should someone do who's in the market for a hot hatch?
1. Buy the current GT TSI at a discount and with a 1.2 TSI.
2. Buy the updated GT TSI at no discount with a few more features and new lights with a slightly lesser powerful 1.0 TSI (94bhp) because I doubt VW will give 115bhp state of tune to the Polo.

Please suggest.

Last edited by namanchaudhary : 2nd April 2019 at 10:46.
namanchaudhary is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2019, 22:18   #5923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namanchaudhary View Post
1. Buy the current GT TSI at a discount and with a 1.2 TSI.

Please suggest.
Doubt you will get discounts since there's a 2.5 month waiting.
Old 3rd April 2019, 17:21   #5924
BHPian

Today I paid the 50k booking amount for the lapiz blue. Total on road here in Pune is coming to around 11.30 lakhs. The dealer (Vidyut Motors Shivajinagar) is not offering any discounts or freebies whatsoever. I was told delivery would be in around 7-10 days. Very excited!
vishalrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2019, 22:11   #5925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
Doubt you will get discounts since there's a 2.5 month waiting.
The local dealer is offering a 25-30k discount + arm rest which comes in highline plus + a rear parking camera. Should I wait or just go for this one?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks