Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2019, 13:29   #6031
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Hi.
Can anyone putup how an extended warranty looks like?

I was told, and from reading here on the thread, that I would get an email of the same. Do we not get the ext. Warranty in a hard copy at all?
Its been close to 6months of purchase of the vehicle.
Old 2nd June 2019, 15:59   #6032

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealStig View Post
Could you tell how much did the camera and its installation cost? If possible could you share snapshots of lowlight footage of the camera.
This was a 6K something affair, although a DIY would probably be around half the price. Took this picture in the basement with almost very little natural light and illumination at the rear. There’s a hilarious and irritating glitch at times, randomly where the output video is upside down
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-e95ca35e46834db49eaa30db2b2a319c.jpeg  

Old 2nd June 2019, 16:13   #6033

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdeal View Post
Congrats Roopesh!

Picked up mine from them in March. Unfortunately, not the best experience especially with tons of swirls all over the car and a squeaky, springy sound from the steering right after leaving the dealership.

Wondering if you have experienced anything similar with the steering.

Also, it doesn't happen always, but the car feels a bit jerky sometimes when slowing down around the 3rd and the 2nd gear, no matter how light you are on the brakes when slowing down.

Palace Cross took the vehicle in twice to diagnose these issues, but hasn't been rectified yet. Worst thing is, the dark grey plastic under the gear lever has come back with one edge looking like someone tried to pry it open. Attached a picture of it below. Palace Cross vehemently denies making opened it up for any reason. Funny thing is, the car didn't have any jerking issues before that first service.

Been a pretty bad experience so far. Thinking of taking this up with VW. Any suggestions?
Ouch. Rattles and squeaks right after delivery is a bummer!

The jerky feeling around D3 lower isn’t much but I’m not sure how to gauge what’s bad vs. liveable. I did hear about the rubber-band effect being prevalent so perhaps it’s normal, again no real-world reference so don’t quote me on this. It is quite evident in the Sport mode but that’s the engine braking, which is fine. Did you diagnose and try to have it checked before your first service?

The plastic issue - check out the picture below, looks identical to yours? The plastic finish is such an eyesore!
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-6aea66c6f2e449cdbe68a377fe385c5e.jpeg  

roopesh1326 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2019, 23:17   #6034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roopesh1326 View Post
The plastic issue - check out the picture below, looks identical to yours? The plastic finish is such an eyesore!
Mine is similar on both sides. Hilarious quality for a 10 lakh rupee car.

Mine was a little raised. I leveled it with a shaving blade.
Viraat13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 02:17   #6035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roopesh1326 View Post
Ouch. Rattles and squeaks right after delivery is a bummer!

The jerky feeling around D3 lower isn’t much but I’m not sure how to gauge what’s bad vs. liveable. I did hear about the rubber-band effect being prevalent so perhaps it’s normal, again no real-world reference so don’t quote me on this. It is quite evident in the Sport mode but that’s the engine braking, which is fine. Did you diagnose and try to have it checked before your first service?

It's uncanny how similar they look! Thought you reposted my picture.

Ok so that's one thing I can cross off my list. How does that even happen to a brand new car?

Yeah, I definitely didn't notice the "rubber band" effect it in the first 1000kms. Wondering if they may have upgraded the software or something else they caused it during service.

Like I said, it doesn't happen always, but it's definitely there from time to time and I rarely ever use it on S mode.

BTW, does the Logo reverse cam void your warranty? Would love to connect with you sometime - one GT owner to another

Too bad I don't have PM use yet. Mods, can I leave a way for someone to contact me on here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viraat13 View Post
Mine is similar on both sides. Hilarious quality for a 10 lakh rupee car.

Mine was a little raised. I leveled it with a shaving blade.
VW is terrible - can't believe they'd let something like that roll out of the factory.

BTW, any good screen protectors for the ICE that anyone can recommend? Saw one on Amazon, but reviews for other cars seems bad.

https://www.amazon.in/Volkswagen-Pol.../dp/B07PY3MWFW

https://www.amazon.in/Anti-Glare-Vol.../dp/B07PNPYJVW

Last edited by benbsb29 : 3rd June 2019 at 05:26. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts.
rawdeal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 11:01   #6036
BHPian

Quote:

BTW, any good screen protectors for the ICE that anyone can recommend? Saw one on Amazon, but reviews for other cars seems bad.
It's probably an issue with the die/mold for that part.

I think you'll have to buy a laptop screen protector and cut it to size. I have the older HU, so can't be bothered to protect the b/w screen.
Viraat13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 12:47   #6037

Quote:

BTW, does the Logo reverse cam void your warranty? Would love to connect with you sometime - one GT owner to another
I think I voided a bunch of Warranties within a couple of days after delivery such as the suspension for example and perhaps something else due to the camera installation. And yes, I heard VW can be strict with any non-OEM fitments and concerning warranties.
Old 4th June 2019, 12:50   #6038

Btw, saw this yesterday by chance when my dog's food bowl was placed on this supplement. A summary of declining sales and desperate times? The yellow is ghastly IMHO.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_1675.jpg  

roopesh1326 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 22:44   #6039
BHPian

All that was required was back to back test drives of the All new Hyundai Venue 1 L turbocharged engine with 7 speed DCT and the mighty GT TSI. I have booked the GT TSI in Lapiz blue. Hoping to get the car some time in 2019.

Cochin is a sea of white and red GT TSIs and white Germans. Hoping to change that with my blue baby.

Last edited by sandygordon : 6th June 2019 at 22:46.
sandygordon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2019, 09:49   #6040
BHPian

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
All that was required was back to back test drives of the All new Hyundai Venue 1 L turbocharged engine with 7 speed DCT and the mighty GT TSI. I have booked the GT TSI in Lapiz blue.

Congrats!! How was the braking in the test drive? That is the only reason I was waiting for the updated Polo expected later this year with the 1L TSi. I test drove the naturally aspirated Polo (in the bright lapis blue!) and the braking seemed fine.
Cayman360 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2019, 10:09   #6041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
All that was required was back to back test drives of the All new Hyundai Venue 1 L turbocharged engine with 7 speed DCT and the mighty GT TSI. I have booked the GT TSI in Lapiz blue. Hoping to get the car some time in 2019.

Cochin is a sea of white and red GT TSIs and white Germans. Hoping to change that with my blue baby.
Congratulations on your booking ! Please share how the booking experience was at Volkswagen Cochin. Also I heard there's quite a wait for the GT TSI (to the tune of 2 months) is it true ? Also did you manage to get any freebies/discount ? My friend is looking to pick up the GT TSI this month so any info would be helpful.
Thanks in advance !
Old 7th June 2019, 23:26   #6042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraken View Post
Congratulations on your booking ! Please share how the booking experience was at Volkswagen Cochin. Also I heard there's quite a wait for the GT TSI (to the tune of 2 months) is it true ? Also did you manage to get any freebies/discount ? My friend is looking to pick up the GT TSI this month so any info would be helpful.
Thanks in advance !
VW Cochin is not particularly happy in taking bookings of the GT TSI. According to the guys there they are delivering GTs to those who have booked in Nov 2018. I booked through another dealer out of Cochin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayman360 View Post
Congrats!! How was the braking in the test drive? That is the only reason I was waiting for the updated Polo expected later this year with the 1L TSi. I test drove the naturally aspirated Polo (in the bright lapis blue!) and the braking seemed fine.
Braking is poor and needs calculation. My Figo and S cross brakes would score perfect hundreds when the GT would score less than 50. Upgrading those brakes would be in my top priority list.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th June 2019 at 09:28. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote option (QUOTE+) while quoting and responding to multiple posts. Thanks.
sandygordon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2019, 15:56   #6043
BHPian

The dealer installed my “free” OEM armrest today. Satisfied. Not very happy about having to reach over for handbrake. The armchair like comfort is worth the trade off I hope. Armrest has a cupholder. Wish the length of the damn thing was shorter by 3 inches. But, well, beggars can’t be choosers they say.

The ratchet mechanism is a bit quirky when trying to get it to catch and stay in desired position. Works with hand brake down and the armrest is fully extended and then slowly lifted until it clicks in place at the desired angle. Here are a few photos for your consumption.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-4097d4155c4748068d8288041329381c.jpeg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-be18d6d1f5dc4a189fb605018bd65331.jpeg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-67e5548e52d74cc2b5b8b8785c08f833.jpeg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-a6bf1fc7a3ab4a50a6b7829589925e9a.jpeg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-d5c02fb47d4f4ebca7f66a2c508eeda7.jpeg  

keith2524 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th June 2019, 16:38   #6044
BHPian

My first post on team-bhp!

I got my Lapiz Blue GT TSI in January this year, and have clocked ~13,000kms already. Got my first service done this week.

It's seen some major highway running in the few months of ownership.

1) Delhi - Mumbai - ~1400kms - (when the car was just 10 days old)
2) Mumbai - Pune - Mumbai - ~300 kms - (couple of times)
3) Mumbai - Amravati - ~700 kms
4) Amravati - Kota - Delhi - ~1100 kms
4) Delhi - Chandigarh - ~250kms - (couple of times)

The remaining distance was mostly commutes within Mumbai, which would amount to ~80kms per day.

Few highlights:

>The suspension/ride:
- Too soft. Maybe it's the new 16 inch rims which has made it that way, but it's too soft for highway runs, and spirited drives.
- There's a lot of vertical movement on undulations, and quite a bit of body roll on sudden manoeuvres like to avoid potholes. It is much more pronounced with luggage, and/or passengers.
- With passengers on the rear bench, the mud-flaps touch almost every other speed breaker. Bad design?

> The engine and gearbox:
- An excellent unit for the most of it.
- Seems noisier at idle than our Honda City, and Brio.
- Does 100kph ~2k rpms, which keeps the engine noise quite low at those speeds. In comparison, if I recall correctly, the City IVTEC engine hovers around 3k rpm at those speeds, and is audible.
- Responsiveness in D7 at city speeds is just sad. One has to depress the accelerator pedal almost 3/4th to get the box to downshift.
- Better fuel economy, and responsiveness on high octane fuel than regular. (highway runs)

> NVH:
- excellent insulation at city speeds, and upto 110 kph on the highway.
- there's significant tyre noise that creeps in on cement roads at highway speeds.

> ICE:
- placement of the USB port could've been better.
- sound is decent for a stock setup. I've added OEM tweeters on the A pillars, which has improved the sound tremendously.

> Headlights:
- LEDs, and DRLs are sorely missed.
- The lighting is adequate. Not great, not that bad either.

> Niggles/issues:
- With the AC on, there're some vibrations on the steering, and A pedal at crawling speeds. Probably something to do with the compressor clutch engagement. Is this common?
- I've noticed that the RPM needle drops fast between gear changes on some gears, and drops gradually, specially on higher gears. Does this happen to everyone ?
- Before the first service, sometimes while shifting from D3-D4 or D4-D5, there would be a "tuk" sound from the front right, and could be felt on the A pedal as well. Not sure what this is all about. I've read some more posts on this, but I couldn't find anything conclusive. Insights would help.
- The AC blower speeds vary even if set manually
- Outside smells seep into the cabin even when on recirculation.

Any inputs would be helpful. Thanks!

P.S. I tried uploading pics, but it seems to timeout. Will try again later.
veyron999 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2019, 18:16   #6045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron999 View Post
My first post on team-bhp

- Responsiveness in D7 at city speeds is just sad. One has to depress the accelerator pedal almost 3/4th to get the box to downshift.

- sound is decent for a stock setup. I've added OEM tweeters on the A pillars, which has improved the sound

- Outside smells seep into the cabin even when on recirculation.
Congrats!

D7 kick down - easier and much fun to simply flick gear stick to the left and tap down to 6. Flick back to D. Simple. No need to press gear lever button.

Tweeters - appreciate if you could please elaborate on price and photos of mounting.

Smells - Strange coincidence. I noticed this today after two weeks of ownership. I live and commute in smell-free parts of the city. But I can imagine Mumbai. The smells pierce the airplane cabin the moment it pulls up to gate. Lol!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks