Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2019, 10:20   #6121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukhesh Raj View Post
Like the other 2 pictures posted previously, my car also has a gap near the DSG Shifter.
Congrats on your new drive, the gap looks odd is it just a panel gap or does it serve any purpose ?

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 10th July 2019 at 16:45. Reason: typo edited
Old 8th July 2019, 10:58   #6122

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
Ccongrats on your new drive, the gap looks odd is it just a panel gap or does it serve any purpose ?
Thank you!

It’s just a gap in the panel doesn’t serve any purpose. I guess it’s a issue with the mould since others also have posted the same gap in the panels.

I have been shifting to N when coming to a complete stand still and engaging the handbrake if the wait is more than 20-30 seconds or I’ll just use the brakes.

The service schedule for the car is 1 month / 1,000kms, 6 months/7,500kms and 1 year/15,000kms. Any idea from when have they added the 1 month/1,000kms checkup? For my last car, it was just the 6 months checkup and 1 year service.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 9th July 2019 at 07:39. Reason: Spacing
Old 8th July 2019, 22:17   #6123
BHPian

What are some of the good graphic patterns on a white GT TSI? Where can you get them in Delhi?
Old 9th July 2019, 11:47   #6124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukhesh Raj View Post
Any idea from when have they added the 1 month/1,000kms checkup?
In Jan 2019. 1 Month checkup is just an introduction to create your service account. They call it the Swagat check up or something like that. I'm quite certain they don't do anything to the car. They might use this opportunity to sell you some addons Eg: extended warranty, and give you some freebies Eg: Car Cleaning Kit. They also use this opportunity to have a good look at you who they plan to fleece in future. You may use this opportunity to start complaining about any niggles.
keith2524 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2019, 12:42   #6125
Distinguished - BHPian

Waste of time. So is 6-month service which should be just a thing of the ancient past.
Old 10th July 2019, 11:24   #6126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Waste of time. So is 6-month service which should be just a thing of the ancient past.
No, the 6 month service is still on the list. Yeah the 1 month service is a waste of time. I don't mind the extra "service" as for me it is just a 20 min walk over couple of hills back home from the service centre. Consider it free exercise.
Old 14th July 2019, 18:57   #6127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
This feature is not available in the BCMs that come in the stock GTs. This is available in BCM max, and can be enabled by coding. I upgraded to BCM Max when I installed the OEM Bixenons and enabled this feature.

It is the same here as well. The service guys usually don't entertain any VCDS coding.
It sure does seem that the stock setup does not have the feature, although I'm perplexed that the car does beep if you turn the indicator on when the car is off..Did they just forget to disable this?

How're the mods holding up? I've read your thread, and the bi-xenons are drool worthy!

I was hoping that the new Polo would come with DRLs (at least). If that was the case, I would've loved to upgrade to those, if it was possible. But from the spy pics, it doesn't seem that there's going to be any change in the headlight design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viraat13 View Post
The indicator stalk has to be in the full beam position for this. Does work for me. I had the same system in my '06 Octavia.
I tired that as well. It doesn't work.
Ignition off -> key out -> turn indicator stalk to left/right -> there's an intermittent beep, but the corresponding pilot light does not light up.

On a separate note,
I ordered the euro-spec air guide, and have installed it on the stock air filter setup. I did feel some difference, the car seems to climb to speed more easily than before.
The part costed ~Rs. 1200/-

Last edited by suhaas307 : 16th July 2019 at 14:39. Reason: Spacing in quoted post
Old 15th July 2019, 11:13   #6128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron999 View Post
I tired that as well. It doesn't work.
Ignition off -> key out -> turn indicator stalk to left/right -> there's an intermittent beep, but the corresponding pilot light does not light up.

On a separate note,
I ordered the euro-spec air guide, and have installed it on the stock air filter setup. I did feel some difference, the car seems to climb to speed more easily than before.
The part costed ~Rs. 1200/-
That is very odd! What does your owners manual say?

That's cool. Can you share some installation guide or pictures? I'd like to see how to do this, I've already got the part but haven't got my hands dirty as yet.
Old 16th July 2019, 08:46   #6129
BHPian

Hello guys,

I just realised that the overspeeding warning has to be fitted on all cars manufactured from the 1st of July.

With respect to that, can anyone confirm if their new Polo comes with the warning?

And is there a way in general to disable the system? I don't ever see myself doing over 100 in any car, but something about this just irks me to no end.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th July 2019 at 10:10. Reason: Typo.
Old 16th July 2019, 12:48   #6130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS8939 View Post
Hello guys,

I just realised that the overspeeding warning has to be fitted on all cars manufactured from the 1st of July.

With respect to that, can anyone confirm if their new Polo comes with the warning?

And is there a way in general to disable the system? I don't ever see myself doing over 100 in any car, but something about this just irks me to no end.

The new Polo will definitely have the warning chime. My recent conversation with the SA confirmed it. But hopefully the germans will have a decent chime rather than an irritating buzz.

Fingers crossed!
Old 16th July 2019, 14:46   #6131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionell View Post
The new Polo will definitely have the warning chime. My recent conversation with the SA confirmed it. But hopefully the germans will have a decent chime rather than an irritating buzz.

Fingers crossed!
Hello Lionell,

Thank you for your response, I really appreciate it.

On a related note, would you also know if the upcoming facelift would have the new 1.0 3 cylinder engine?

The 3 cylinder engine and the speed warning were the reasons I was willing to go for the current, pre facelift version. But with one out of those two things gone, my confidence is wavering. Just yesterday, news outlets have picked up images of camouflaged Polos/ Ventos undergoing testing.
Old 17th July 2019, 00:26   #6132
BHPian

That dreaded day finally arrives. Fear that was always present at the back of my head came right in front staring in my eyes.

Gearbox Mechatronic failure!!
Dec-2014 Model, 42,700Kms only. No remap done ever and followed rules to the T(Shift to neutral at signals etc. etc.)

I was driving from Bandra Kurla Complex towards Andheri at around 7pm when there was a slight jerk and the CHECK ENGINE light flickered only to realise that the car would not go beyond D2.

Fortunately, the car did not stall. I put the gear in tiptronic mode and the only gear changes i saw was from 2 to 4 which meant the clutch that shifted gears 1,3,5 and 7 had gone kaput.

I managed to drive and drop the car at VW Autobahn, Goregaon Workshop. Workshop was shut by then.

i have opted for the Addon warranty in December 2018. Hopefully the damage should be covered. I will speak to the workshop tomorrow morning and keep you'll posted.

Last edited by RJ2285 : 17th July 2019 at 00:27.
RJ2285 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 15:10   #6133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ2285 View Post
I have opted for the Addon warranty in December 2018. Hopefully the damage should be covered. I will speak to the workshop tomorrow morning and keep you'll posted.
I have bought add-on warranty for my Jetta DSG and the warranty guide says the gearbox and clutches are covered . I hope Polo warranty also covers that part.
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 17:57   #6134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
I have bought add-on warranty for my Jetta DSG and the warranty guide says the gearbox and clutches are covered . I hope Polo warranty also covers that part.
Yes. It is the same for the Polo GT TSI. I'd confirmed this when I was doing my pre-purchase reading.
Old 17th July 2019, 19:04   #6135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ2285 View Post
That dreaded day finally arrives. Fear that was always present at the back of my head came right in front staring in my eyes.

Gearbox Mechatronic failure!!
Dec-2014 Model, 42,700Kms only. No remap done ever and followed rules to the T(Shift to neutral at signals etc. etc.)

This is sad. I was hoping these failures are a thing of the past, but your case seem to have awakened the fear back.

Did you have any tell-tale symptoms before the actual failure? Maybe some sound in the lower gears which is what many have mentioned here?

Most Viewed