Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2019, 14:09   #6241
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
That's for the second horn, should you choose to install it.
How easy is it to install the second horn? I really dont like the single tone horn on my car. Just concerned about the warranty part actually.
Dippy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2019, 16:54   #6242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
How easy is it to install the second horn? I really dont like the single tone horn on my car. Just concerned about the warranty part actually.
Well if the horn is just plug and play there shouldn't be any warranty issues, moreover you can go to the service center and talk to a service advisor about it
Old 31st August 2019, 16:56   #6243
Distinguished - BHPian

I got the second horn fitted at the last service. The dealer cost was 3,500. I understand (and it has been detailed here) that it requires one bracket, the horn itself, and the labour.

It's nice that my car sounds like a VW again!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2019, 20:15   #6244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Well if the horn is just plug and play there shouldn't be any warranty issues, moreover you can go to the service center and talk to a service advisor about it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I got the second horn fitted at the last service. The dealer cost was 3,500. I understand (and it has been detailed here) that it requires one bracket, the horn itself, and the labour.

Thanks guys. My service is due in very soon in the next couple of weeks, will check with the SA on this.
Old 31st August 2019, 20:25   #6245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Thanks guys. My service is due in very soon in the next couple of weeks, will check with the SA on this.
You ought to call and check. When I went to the service centre, they told me it was an accessory and that those were only sold at the showroom.
Old 31st August 2019, 20:55   #6246
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Fitting an additional horn should not void the warranty if you are not cutting any wiring. As long as there is space (which should be) and you are not cutting any wires - it should all be a direct fit. Does the VW not come with the typical VW/Skoda horn (pressure type ones)?
Old 31st August 2019, 20:58   #6247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Fitting an additional horn should not void the warranty if you are not cutting any wiring. As long as there is space (which should be) and you are not cutting any wires - it should all be a direct fit. Does the VW not come with the typical VW/Skoda horn (pressure type ones)?
They used to. Now they dont and that's a big turn off
Old 1st September 2019, 08:08   #6248
BHPian

Quote:

I was quoted 8000 by VW Hyderabad service Centre. The service manager mentioned it is not legal to have two tones anymore but will be done if I want it. As you correctly guessed my response was Thanks but No Thank You.
Old 1st September 2019, 17:16   #6249
BHPian

Quote:

3500 for a single horn! I'll just lower down the window and make the horn sounds myself
yesyeswe is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st September 2019, 18:03   #6250
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
3500 for a single horn! I'll just lower down the window and make the horn sounds myself
but hey, less than half of...
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith2524 View Post
I was quoted 8000 by VW Hyderabad service Centre.
When I enquired previously they said they weren't allowed to do it. This time they had no objection, and, as the service assistant gave the price of the top of his head, and the part was in stock, perhaps it is not unusual.

8,000 seems steep indeed! I took a look at the invoice, and the horn itself costs 1,706. I couldn't be sure which of the screw/fixture parts applied, but that would not add much.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2019, 18:23   #6251
BHPian

Quote:
but hey, less than half of...

When I enquired previously they said they weren't allowed to do it. This time they had no objection, and, as the service assistant gave the price of the top of his head, and the part was in stock, perhaps it is not unusual.

8,000 seems steep indeed! I took a look at the invoice, and the horn itself costs 1,706. I couldn't be sure which of the screw/fixture parts applied, but that would not add much.
On the other hand i was quoted 2500 rs for the replacement of a single horn, labour extra.They just quote whatever comes into their heads first. I declined SA at that time, checked out the front damaged cars in the service center to locate the position of the horn. Came home, removed the horn, put it in a bag full of rice for a day, all the moisture that was inside the horn got absorbed by the rice, horn was as good as new the next day.
yesyeswe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2019, 18:46   #6252
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Some massive brain in VW thought sometime in 2013 (I think): "Why don't we get rid of one of the most individual audible features of a VW, namely the iconic dual tone VW/Skoda horn?"

AND they did partly to cost-cut and partly because the early OEM horns were failing at regular intervals leading to arguments with customers whether it was a wear-and-tear part or a warranty part.

My 2012 Polo CL came with duals but they moved to a single one shortly afterward. I think they retained it on the HL models though which was even more childish!.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2019, 22:29   #6253
BHPian

Hey guys,

Quick question,

I had the roof wrapped in gloss black. However to make a perfect cut, the people had to remove the antenna by going through the roof lining.

Doing this has resulted in ceases in the lining, something which I noticed only after coming back home.

Any suggestions on what I should do next?

I will probably have to take it back to the place where they applied it, but what can even they do?

I have attached an image of how it looks now. It's not too visible in this particular image however.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_20190901_182016.jpg  

Last edited by SS8939 : 1st September 2019 at 22:38.
Old 2nd September 2019, 11:20   #6254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS8939 View Post
Doing this has resulted in ceases in the lining, something which I noticed only after coming back home.

Any suggestions on what I should do next?

I will probably have to take it back to the place where they applied it, but what can even they do?
I had creased the roof lining near the A pillar while pulling some wires through, and it went away on its own in a day or so. That said, the creases weren't as severe. Maybe wait a day or so and see if it reduces a bit?
Viraat13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2019, 16:25   #6255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viraat13 View Post
I had creased the roof lining near the A pillar while pulling some wires through, and it went away on its own in a day or so. That said, the creases weren't as severe. Maybe wait a day or so and see if it reduces a bit?
I took the car back to 3M today, the person who applied it said that it should go away on its own. When I pressed him on how long he thinks it should take to go away, he wouldn't give me a specific answer.

Still, the people there seem to be nice enough. Hopefully they'll resolve it if the creases don't go away.

Also, could you please explain how it might go away on its own. Isn't it like a cloth that's been folded, where you've apply heat to remove the creases. Or perhaps I am missing something here?

Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks