Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2020, 11:55   #6601
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
You get to keep the existing unit. They don’t exchange. I think you could dispose it off through TBHP classifieds or some other platform.
Thanks a lot. I will explore this option.

The model numbers are confusing. Is there a RCD 340G and a RCD340G Plus model also?

Where can I look up the differences between these models.
Old 16th June 2020, 17:26   #6602
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got the OE RCD340 installed in my GT a couple of weeks back. Earlier, it was costing 45K. Recently, the price was dropped to 26K (including installation) and immediately got it installed.

Check with your dealer if they have this offer on the RCD340. That is a very good upgrade to get Android Auto and CarPlay.
Can you please share the Service Advisor's number and dealership name who helped you get this done.

I talked to PPS Motors Bangalore and they are not even aware if the unit can be changed. They asked me to get the details of the dealership from where this was done so they can find the process and place the order.

Kindly share the details.

Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 17:48   #6603
Team-BHP Support

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Can you please share the Service Advisor's number and dealership name who helped you get this done.

I talked to PPS Motors Bangalore and they are not even aware if the unit can be changed. They asked me to get the details of the dealership from where this was done so they can find the process and place the order.

Kindly share the details.

Thanks
I got this done from Ramani Volkswagen in Coimbatore. I did not get the number of the person in charge of accessories section. I will get the number from my SA and PM you. You can ask your dealer to speak to her about the procedure.
Old 17th June 2020, 08:19   #6604
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got this done from Ramani Volkswagen in Coimbatore. I did not get the number of the person in charge of accessories section. I will get the number from my SA and PM you. You can ask your dealer to speak to her about the procedure.
One last question, actually two. Is this a drop on replacement or does it require any vcds coding.

Second. What was the original model in your car and does the new one sound better.
Old 17th June 2020, 16:41   #6605
BHPian

Finally got the add-on warranty for 5th year for my car!

I had gone for service to VW Hessarghatta Road center before the lockdown and had requested to purchase the add-on warranty. The warranty cost was 12900 but they were running a 4k discount so it came to 8.9k which is a good deal considering I am close to 60k kms now. I had to change my battery to OEM battery to be able to buy the add-on warranty.

Then the lockdown happened and nothing moved for over 2 months. I called them up when things started opening and I was called in for a car inspection to send the report to VW for approval for add-on warranty. This should really have been done during the service. Anyway I took the car and it took them about an hour to complete the inspection. I was not charged anything for the inspection.

The next day, I was told to pay 8.9k (the 4k discount was still on) for the warranty approval as VW needs a payment receipt before giving approval for warranty (that's what I was told). So I paid up and then after a week I got a call that I need to get the "ribbed belt" replaced as a preventive maintenance for the add-on warranty to be approved.

It was getting a bit frustrating now so I took help from a friend who happens to work for VW. He in turn informed the GM of VW Palace Cross who then had a chat with me and assured me that everything will be done in this final visit. The car was picked up from my office, the ribbed belt was replaced which costed me 1.1k including labour and car delivered back by evening. The next day I received the add-on warranty certificate from them.

I wish all this was done in a single visit but probably not many people buy add-on warranty so the service center did not know the procedure well and therefore it took 3 trips to get the warranty. But otherwise, the service center is good and they do a good job with the car. They even allowed me to walk into their workshop and chat with their technician working on the car. That is something I really appreciate

Here is the price list for add-on warranty for all VW cars but you should always call up the dealer to know about discounts if you plan to buy warranty.
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-unnamed.jpg
anshumandun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2020, 20:26   #6606
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
One last question, actually two. Is this a drop on replacement or does it require any vcds coding.

Second. What was the original model in your car and does the new one sound better.
If you have the RCD330, then this should be a drop in replacement. If you have RCD310, then you need the ISO to Quadlock converter cable.

Originally, my car came with RCD310. I then changed it to Android HU, and then changed to DS-611 and now to RCD340. Of all these, RCD340 has the best sound quality.

As I already had the ISO to Quadlock converter cable installed for the DS-611, I did not need a converter cable. And the service center did not have the converter cable as well. They said the installation was possible only because I had this cable.

What is the model of HU in your car?
graaja is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2020, 00:00   #6607
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you have the RCD330, then this should be a drop in replacement. If you have RCD310, then you need the ISO to Quadlock converter cable.

Originally, my car came with RCD310. I then changed it to Android HU, and then changed to DS-611 and now to RCD340. Of all these, RCD340 has the best sound quality.

As I already had the ISO to Quadlock converter cable installed for the DS-611, I did not need a converter cable. And the service center did not have the converter cable as well. They said the installation was possible only because I had this cable.

What is the model of HU in your car?

I just checked my original owners manuals. I have an owners manual for RCD 330G that came with the car. So I guess I should be okay for a drop in replacement.

You mentioned RCD 330, whereas my manual states it as RCD 330G , are these the same or different models.
Old 18th June 2020, 01:36   #6608
anb
BHPian

Quote:
I just checked my original owners manuals. I have an owners manual for RCD 330G that came with the car. So I guess I should be okay for a drop in replacement.

You mentioned RCD 330, whereas my manual states it as RCD 330G , are these the same or different models.
RCD 330G is the one with small touch screen and 330 plus is the one with big touch screen but no android auto/apple car play. RCD340 is a direct replacement and u don't need iso to quad lock converter like in the case of RCD320
anb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2020, 04:59   #6609
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I left out the G in the model number. As anb has already explained, if you have a RCD330G, then RCD340 is a direct replacement.

Also, when they install the system the first time, they have to initialize some parameters in the unit to get CarPlay and Android Auto working. In my case, the technician who installed the system did not do it. I could not test it in the workshop as I did not have the data cable with me. Then I did this myself using VCDS. When you get yours installed, make sure to have them test both CarPlay and Android Auto (and reverse camera if you have one) in the workshop itself.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2020, 07:44   #6610
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I left out the G in the model number. As anb has already explained, if you have a RCD330G, then RCD340 is a direct replacement.

Also, when they install the system the first time, they have to initialize some parameters in the unit to get CarPlay and Android Auto working. In my case, the technician who installed the system did not do it. I could not test it in the workshop as I did not have the data cable with me. Then I did this myself using VCDS. When you get yours installed, make sure to have them test both CarPlay and Android Auto (and reverse camera if you have one) in the workshop itself.
Thanks, this is a big relief. I did not have the Quadlock cable and would have been stuck. I do not have a camera either.

I do have a working VCDS cable with me. Although it is a Aliexpress version it does work with my 2017 GT TSI. I will ping you if I encounter any issues post the installation. Cheers
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2020, 09:16   #6611
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I do have a working VCDS cable with me. Although it is a Aliexpress version it does work with my 2017 GT TSI. I will ping you if I encounter any issues post the installation. Cheers
A working VCDS cable is very convenient. If the service center guys do not know how to initialize the unit, let me know. I will share the details.
Old 18th June 2020, 10:48   #6612
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A working VCDS cable is very convenient. If the service center guys do not know how to initialize the unit, let me know. I will share the details.
Sure, thanks for your help in advance. I will reach out to you in case of any issues.
Old 25th June 2020, 12:38   #6613
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I got the OE RCD340 installed in my GT a couple of weeks back. Earlier, it was costing 45K. Recently, the price was dropped to 26K (including installation) and immediately got it installed.
Hi Ganesh, the price of a new unit is Rs 41,222 as per a friend who got the info from VW's online partsbase system.

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img20200624wa0089.jpg
Old 25th June 2020, 13:26   #6614
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Hi Ganesh, the price of a new unit is Rs 41,222 as per a friend who got the info from VW's online partsbase system.

Attachment 2020825
Hi Ganesh,

Yes. The original price is 40+K. I don't know how my dealer had this offer. It is possible that this was some offer that was dealer specific. They also gave me a proper invoice. Will share the invoice copy in a couple of days (right now am traveling).
graaja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 14:58   #6615

My car's center vent to legs air recirculation flap motor went kaput. I tried to find the part number of boodmo but no luck.

Part number- 050915 1 C

I decided to send the car to the VW Gurgaon service station. The motor was replaced in 1 day and a damage below 5k.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-screenshot-20200625-2.57.51-pm.png  

sunnygt is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks