Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2013, 12:42   #706
BHPian

And the devil is here. Took a short ride from Saket to Lajpat Nagar and I am impressed with the performance, can't believe there's a meagre 1.2 inside. The steering has ample feedback, I don't know why many are complaining.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-image1848015886.jpg  

Berry is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2013, 17:29   #707
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry View Post
And the devil is here. .....The steering has ample feedback, I don't know why many are complaining.
Congratulations! I agree about the steering. To me it gives adequate feedback.
Old 23rd May 2013, 17:52   #708
BHPian

The AC is making a strange noise, like an airplane which increases as I accelerate and shuts off completely on turning off the AC on idle. Is it normal ? I am new to petrol cars and used to wilder noises that a diesel engine makes that masks AC noise. Please share your findings on this.
Old 23rd May 2013, 18:08   #709
BHPian

Me too have had a good experience with both these showrooms. I guess it's just a matter of luck and keeping expectations low. Have booked and expecting to collect over the weekend. So far so good.
Old 23rd May 2013, 18:51   #710
BHPian

Quote:
The AC is making a strange noise, like an airplane which increases as I accelerate and shuts off completely on turning off the AC on idle. Is it normal ? I am new to petrol cars and used to wilder noises that a diesel engine makes that masks AC noise. Please share your findings on this.
Is it the blower or the compressor making that sound? I know of the compressor making an airplane sound that increases with RPM. This happens sometimes.
Old 23rd May 2013, 19:01   #711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevGin View Post
Is it the blower or the compressor making that sound? I know of the compressor making an airplane sound that increases with RPM. This happens sometimes.
Yeah ! It is indeed the compressor, never heard in any of my other diesel cars, probably because of the clatter.
Old 23rd May 2013, 20:16   #712
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah ! It is indeed the compressor, never heard in any of my other diesel cars, probably because of the clatter.
I get this noise in my Vento TDI now and again. I haven't made much of it yet as the cooling is great. I am due my yearly service and will get it at least checked out at that point.
Old 24th May 2013, 06:41   #713
sdh
BHPian

It would be great if the GT TSI owners in the thread could share the mileage they are getting in the real driving conditions (city/highway).
Old 24th May 2013, 07:00   #714
BHPian

Quote:
Berry I think it is the automatic climate control trying hard to keep the set temperature. I noticed the same during the TD. Setting temp to a low value, did fire the compressor up. On 19 degree, it was really noisy. I dont think it is a defect
999 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2013, 07:13   #715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdh View Post
It would be great if the GT TSI owners in the thread could share the mileage they are getting in the real driving conditions (city/highway).
I have driven for about 60 Kms and the Mileage as of now that the MID is showing is about 12.5, it is strictly strictly a car to drive with a super light foot. Sports mode will take care of the wild driving instincts.
Berry is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2013, 07:40   #716
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The AC is making a strange noise, like an airplane which increases as I accelerate and shuts off completely on turning off the AC on idle. Is it normal ?
Not normal.

I highly doubt if this is the air conditioner compressor. I don't recall hearing anything like this when I took a TD. I had to turn down the blower and turn up the temperature as the air conditioning was making a racket. It was impossible to hear the engine with the blower in full blast. All cars have noisy blowers when turned up. Are you sure you are not hearing alternator whine through the car stereo speakers? This can sound like air plane engine spinning up/down based on throttle input. I had this issue on my Linea and after the first service inspection, the problem has not surfaced in over a year. When I explained the matter to my service engineer, he could not understand what it was. Explaining whine is not easy and as always, the problem never showed up in front of the service engineer. My car used to suffer from weird electrical behaviour when negotiating bad traffic. The car stereo would cut out on its own, the headlamps went off momentarily and I could hear alternator whine once in a while even when the car stereo was turned off. After getting the car back from inspection, I noticed some electrical relay that was changed. I have not seen a repeat of the problems after this. You might want to listen close and check whether its whine from the compressor or if it is actually coming out of your car stereo speakers.
Old 24th May 2013, 08:31   #717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post

Not normal.

I highly doubt if this is the air conditioner compressor. I don't recall hearing anything like this when I took a TD. I had to turn down the blower and turn up the temperature as the air conditioning was making a racket. It was impossible to hear the engine with the blower in full blast. All cars have noisy blowers when turned up. Are you sure you are not hearing alternator whine through the car stereo speakers? This can sound like air plane engine spinning up/down based on throttle input. I had this issue on my Linea and after the first service inspection, the problem has not surfaced in over a year. When I explained the matter to my service engineer, he could not understand what it was. Explaining whine is not easy and as always, the problem never showed up in front of the service engineer. My car used to suffer from weird electrical behaviour when negotiating bad traffic. The car stereo would cut out on its own, the headlamps went off momentarily and I could hear alternator whine once in a while even when the car stereo was turned off. After getting the car back from inspection, I noticed some electrical relay that was changed. I have not seen a repeat of the problems after this. You might want to listen close and check whether its whine from the compressor or if it is actually coming out of your car stereo speakers.
I have double checked, it's not from the speakers. I had turned the HU off, it is very much there from the AC and particularly on the front passenger side.
Old 24th May 2013, 10:39   #718
VEA
BHPian

I got my GT yesterday in candy white. Couple of points i wish to add here. I have been sold the extended warranty and i have the receipt plus the booklet. Its not a GT specific warranty, just mentions Polo petrol with my vehcile details. It mentions coverage for all the usual bits and peices of the auto box. Nothing to be worried about the print as such.

I also checked the warranty booklet regarding accessory fitment. It mentions all repairs, alterations, mods, accessories causing damage to the the vehicle will void the warranty. So i guess unless one damage the vehicle by installing such things, the warranty is valid. Simply installing wont void the warranty i believe. I plan to install the entertainment system outside the dealership.

I plan to fix a front centre armrest for the GT. the one from the vento seems a straight fit, but the dealer doesn't recomment nor sell it. Im planning to get the ARMSTER from UK, as they have one for the polo and it seems good quality. Anyone here having experience with armster?

I have driven around 50kms yesterday and the MID shows 12 kmpl. Will update once i have the tank to tank readings.

Last edited by VEA : 24th May 2013 at 10:42. Reason: Spell correct
VEA is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2013, 11:05   #719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEA View Post
I got my GT yesterday in candy white. Couple of points i wish to add here. I have been sold the extended warranty and i have the receipt plus the booklet. Its not a GT specific warranty, just mentions Polo petrol with my vehcile details. It mentions coverage for all the usual bits and peices of the auto box. Nothing to be worried about the print as such.

I also checked the warranty booklet regarding accessory fitment. It mentions all repairs, alterations, mods, accessories causing damage to the the vehicle will void the warranty. So i guess unless one damage the vehicle by installing such things, the warranty is valid. Simply installing wont void the warranty i believe. I plan to install the entertainment system outside the dealership.

I plan to fix a front centre armrest for the GT. the one from the vento seems a straight fit, but the dealer doesn't recomment nor sell it. Im planning to get the ARMSTER from UK, as they have one for the polo and it seems good quality. Anyone here having experience with armster?

I have driven around 50kms yesterday and the MID shows 12 kmpl. Will update once i have the tank to tank readings.
Congrats on the GT. Any freebies whatsoever? 12kmpl is with a light foot I presume. Also what is the mix of Urban/Rural?
Old 24th May 2013, 11:18   #720
VEA
BHPian

Thanks. Around 10 kms in the city and rest in semi urban conditions with a light foot. No freebies given by the dealer.
VEA is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks