Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2013, 11:25   #1006
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
I had to change my preference of color from black to white since waiting for black has gone upto 7 months

Btw ,since launch about 127 units have been booked/sold pan india , i am hoping to get the candy white within the next few days-its in transit (my booking date was June 10)

Big shout out to fellow tbhpian hyd_traveller for helping accelerate the delivery process

No extended warranty details as yet ,so its the standard 2 years for now
Congrats Rajesh ! Just got off the Phone with VW Deccan SA, now he tells me the Waiting period on any colour is around 8-16 weeks and it might get longer
Old 29th July 2013, 11:17   #1007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortShifter View Post
Congrats Rajesh
Thanks bro ,got my little pocket rocket delivered on 26th afternoon ,had been to the stockyard the previous day for pdi with the experts (ravindra & diesel don)

Tell you what candy white has more character than black( it took me like some time though as in my mind i was sold on the black)

Did couple of runs on the orr ,car is amazing

Go for it (if you havent booked it as yet)
Old 29th July 2013, 19:10   #1008
BHPian

After a agonizing wait for 2 months , got the confirmation that my GT is arriving next week. Going to sign the loan papers tomorrow and the rest would be post me doing the PDI. Expect to have the delivery around the 12th of August. Super excited.
Old 1st August 2013, 15:54   #1009
BHPian

After much-a-do, I too made a booking for a White GT TSI. I will be handing over the 5 year old Swift that my wife currently uses to my folks as a run-around-town car. The Mrs. will be getting my current Fiesta.

Due to a very bad back problem, and working on an Australian shift, which pretty much means no driver in his right mind would show up, I decided on a small but fun car for myself. Yes it's a step down from the comfort levels of the Fiesta but the Fiesta will be traded in next year for something bigger and something I will probably end up driving. The wife already is calling shots on the fact she wants the Polo.

Booked: July 24, 2013
Dealer: VW Whitefield
Estimated: 4 mth wait

Happy waiting will now start.
Old 1st August 2013, 20:27   #1010
BHPian

Took a long desired test drive of the Polo GT TSI from VW Whitefield. It was my first drive of any car with the auto box so had to start off a bit carefully but got used to it in a jiffy. The car is a hoot to drive and shifts gears like an eye blink. The low end torque is very usable. The car was already in 6th gear on the flyover on the uphill. Since I got used to the presence of just the accelerator and brake pedals at my feet, I decided to go for the S mode for my next stretch. Wow. Truly amazed at the way the box' holds the revs till redline. Shifts are seamless too. Add this to the solid German interior and exterior quality this is a hot city car. At around 9.8 lacs on road, it's a good VFM car for the performance on tap. Currently around 6 months waiting period. Just hope VW gets the 6 speed manual in the near future to make this a true enthusiast's car which could bring the price to around 7 lacs on road.

Cheers to all those who possess this piece of machine and best wishes to potential owners.

- Srinath

Last edited by srinath34 : 1st August 2013 at 20:28.
srinath34 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2013, 23:47   #1011
BHPian

huge delay on the cars from every dealer.. 2-3 weeks. someone mentioned being told 4 weeks during booking and he is on his 6th week now..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Hooligan acceleration results
1. Laura Tsi
2. GT (Wins beside the Fiat due to that brilliant gearbox)
3. Rapid Diesel
4. T Jet (The new pricing sure makes it the sweetest deal around)
OFF TOPIC -
Add to the top of the list the Laura TSI AT.. u think the stock TSI is fast, the 7AT DSG Laura TSI is stupid fast!

Last edited by Rehaan : 2nd August 2013 at 01:28. Reason: Posts merged.
prithwi-81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 11:30   #1012
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
Add to the top of the list the Laura TSI AT.. u think the stock TSI is fast, the 7AT DSG Laura TSI is stupid fast!
Hi Prithvi! Is Laura DSG TSI faster than Laura DSG (diesel)? If we add Polo TSI DSG and Cruz AT diesel to the list and re-arrange them in the order of faster aceleration, how would the list look? Not that I'm in the market for one but I just want to know.
Old 2nd August 2013, 17:54   #1013
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Hi Prithvi! Is Laura DSG TSI faster than Laura DSG (diesel)? If we add Polo TSI DSG and Cruz AT diesel to the list and re-arrange them in the order of faster aceleration, how would the list look? Not that I'm in the market for one but I just want to know.
The stock Laura TSi DSG is much faster than the diesel Laura DSG. But I dont think it is any longer available. I believe no Laura TSi's are available for sale any more as the new Octavia is just around the corner.
robimahanta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 23:51   #1014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post

Agree with robi.. nothing beats the laura tsi dsg in a drag...
Old 3rd August 2013, 20:10   #1015
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdh View Post
I think the number of bookings are dismissal and that is why they are not able to produce. I assume some minimum amount of cars need to be produced in a batch and if the booking number is less than that, VW will have difficulties in changing the production line to TSI. I have not heard of any deliveries since the initial batch is exhausted and every time you talk to dealer, the waiting period increased by few weeks.
I don't see them advertise for the GT anymore which actually makes me think that they have sufficient bookings to change the manufacturing line for a few batches of GT's. Keeping my fingers crossed here folks. Keep posting on any news.
Old 3rd August 2013, 21:31   #1016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevGin View Post

I don't see them advertise for the GT anymore which actually makes me think that they have sufficient bookings to change the manufacturing line for a few batches of GT's. Keeping my fingers crossed here folks. Keep posting on any news.
My SA says that there are more than sufficient bookings and VW did not expect these many bookings. The delay is primarily because of the fact both the engine as well as the DSG are imported from Germany - this again from the SA. I know one thing for sure- if you have booked a red GT , the wait is going to be longer. In fact my ride which is expected next week would be the 4th or 5th Red GT delivered by ABRA motors ambattur and I booked mine in may. Expect the waiting period to go up.
thiagust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2013, 01:20   #1017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiagust View Post
My SA says that there are more than sufficient bookings and VW did not expect these many bookings. The delay is primarily because of the fact both the engine as well as the DSG are imported from Germany - this again from the SA. I know one thing for sure- if you have booked a red GT , the wait is going to be longer. In fact my ride which is expected next week would be the 4th or 5th Red GT delivered by ABRA motors ambattur and I booked mine in may. Expect the waiting period to go up.
Good luck. I hope you get delivery soon. In Mumbai, apart from the test drive car which is white, I have seen just one other GT and that too a red.
Old 5th August 2013, 09:48   #1018
BHPian

I took a nice, long test drive of the GT TSI on Sunday. The first drive I had taken was too short to really know much about the car. Now I can say that I am totally head over heels in love with this car, primarily because of the way it drives.

I started out in D, making progress in a calm and relaxed manner. The DSG quietly shifted up to 5th and 6th in no time, keeping the revs below the 1500 RPM mark. It is impossible to tell when the box shifts up, its that smooth. Turned on to a relatively empty stretch of road and knocked the shifter into manual mode. Went down a couple of gears, where the RPMs shot up to 3000 and the TSI unleashed its inner Milkha Singh and just started sprinting for the horizon. That enjoyable push-back-into-the-seat feeling was fantastic. I loved the nice growl of the engine as well. The tactile feel of the gear lever is great and I thoroughly enjoyed shifting in manual mode.

Empty stretch done, I knocked the lever back into D and the car became calm as a monk again.

Then I shifted down into S mode. Now, the gearbox takes the engine by the scruff of the neck. RPMs stay above 2000 and the car just wants to go. This is the total TSI-cho (Psycho) mode and the grin factor is immense.

I rather liked the light steering and the comfortable suspension setup.

I was enjoying the drive so much that I did not bother checking any other features of the car.

Conclusion: I want one very badly and am starting to save up.

Last edited by amitg79 : 5th August 2013 at 09:49.
amitg79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2013, 23:50   #1019
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.prashanth View Post
Sorry to hijack a thread suddenly cosidering costs the linea 1.4 turbo seems to be a good alternative except for the non availability of a automatic.this is my 2 cents as I was considering the GT. Good space for 5 adults and luggage, maybe 50k more but you get a lot of features and comfartable car. The service attitude and competence on both VW and fiat are similar .
Is the Linea Equipped with ESP?
Old 6th August 2013, 09:55   #1020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.prashanth View Post
Good space for 5 adults and luggage, maybe 50k more but you get a lot of features and comfartable car.
I'm sorry, but did you actually test the com-fart-ability on both the cars? I hope it was a test drive vehicle and not your friend's
Anyways bro, don't feel bad everyone messes up once in a while with the spelling

Last edited by allajunaki : 6th August 2013 at 09:59.

Most Viewed