Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2013, 16:59   #1051
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
Seeing the success of the GT Tsi is there a remote chance that VW decides to bring in the Gti with 1.4 Tsi + Paddle shifters ?

or maybe a GT version with 1.2 Tsi ( higher bhp ) + Paddle shifters + other goodies ?
+1. If they are smart they should. The 1.2 Tsi has stolen the hearts & wallets of the Indian buyer like the 1.6 P could have never dreamed of.
Mpower is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2013, 17:08   #1052
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiagust View Post
Took the delivery of my GT yesterday. Upsized the tires to 195/55R15 continental CPC2. Steering feels a lot more weighed and the road grip has improved a lot. I had to remind myself very often not to press too much till the initial run-in is over. Would try to come up with an ownership review after a few 100 kms.
Congrats on the TSI. Looks lovely in Red and IMHO the best color for the Polo.

Thats a lovely decision of upgrading the tyres to CPC2. Can you please share some sideway pictures of the CPC2 and the pricing info ( exchange and difference price)

Iam using CPC2 from 43K and totally love them as their grip in wet and gravely condition is superb and my next set of tyres are going to be the same brand.

Enjoy and drive safe !!!
Old 14th August 2013, 17:19   #1053
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
If you compare these figures to the 8 kmpl that I am getting out of my i10 AT , it doesn't seem too bad.
Yes, as I said, this is better than any other AT hatchback, no doubt . But, I would beg to defer on the FE comparison within the TSi world. Laura 1.8 TSi AT would be more efficient than Laura 1.8 TSi MT, such is the magic of DSG. Superb TSi AT may be less efficient because the bulk of the car is more than the Laura.
Old 14th August 2013, 19:28   #1054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Congrats on the TSI. Looks lovely in Red and IMHO the best color for the Polo.

Thats a lovely decision of upgrading the tyres to CPC2. Can you please share some sideway pictures of the CPC2 and the pricing info ( exchange and difference price)

Iam using CPC2 from 43K and totally love them as their grip in wet and gravely condition is superb and my next set of tyres are going to be the same brand.

Enjoy and drive safe !!!
Thanks. I will share the photos later. I went for the exchange at B M Lal bros in Chennai. He took the stock Apollos for 3100/tyre and the cpc2 was 5350/tyre. I was looking for 205/55 R15, but he advised that the steering might feel very heavy with that upgrade and hence decided against that. The steering feel is very apt right now. The grip is awesome and mainly the tyre noise has come down drastically.
thiagust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2013, 10:30   #1055
BHPian

Quote:
Took the delivery of my GT yesterday. Upsized the tires to 195/55R15 continental CPC2. Steering feels a lot more weighed and the road grip has improved a lot. I had to remind myself very often not to press too much till the initial run-in is over. Would try to come up with an ownership review after a few 100 kms.
Congrats on your GT!
Any mods planned for the future?
BTW, is that VW mount road?
Old 15th August 2013, 14:01   #1056
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post

Congrats on your GT!
Any mods planned for the future?
BTW, is that VW mount road?
Thanks. No mods planned for now. I had booked at ABRA ambattur and the tyres were done at bm Lal - opp Satyam parking.
Old 16th August 2013, 20:59   #1057
BHPian

Why the polo GT TSI is VFM, but not world class?

If we want to buy a polo GT TSI in Germany with almost the same spec as in India it costs approx. 19000 Euros which roughly translates to 15 Lakhs (5 lakhs is a big difference, whatever the exchange rate or the development of the country is considered)...The taxes, CO2 emission premiums etc. add up to bring this value. Now we are at a greater financial advantage compared to a German buying the GT TSI (leave alongside the other advantages he gets like the customization, driving on the autobahn etc..)

We pay less, purely for the Engineering (Technik as the Germans call it)...And this is just for the cost & technology conscious buyer (..someone will obviously rant 10L for hacthback and well they have everything else other than GT TSI)

Now on the technology front, I would like to discuss few minute details which may not be available in the GT TSI threads on Teambhp, or I am afraid anywhere else...This is purely for the petrolheads

*From the technical data provided by VW india, the TSI engine we get is the first generation of Direct injected engines. I could come to this conclusion based on 2 things :
  • The torque data of india spec GT TSI states 175Nm @ 1550-4000 rpm which is for the 2 Valve per cylinder EA111 engine. These are the first generation DI engines from VW based on 150bar high pressure fuel systems
  • If you take a look at the German spec Golf which uses 1.2 TSI 77KW engine, it has 175Nm@1400-4000rpm. This is the 2nd generation DI, 4 valves per cylinder EA211 engines with 200bar high pressure fuel system. Even in Germany it is not possible to get polo with the 2nd generation 1.2 TSI engine. We could see the 4 valves really make the difference in the low end torque and this is what any OEM works on for their small cars
From this we could understand we have a technologically advanced engine, but not the really modern one...based on the generations of Direct injection technology

Attached is a PDF with detailed German price list of all polo variants and the detailed spec
Pg 7 : Cost of 1.2 TSI 77kW with 7-speed DSG [7-Gang means 7-gear and DSG comes from Doppelkopplungs (Dual clutch) Getriebe(transmission)]
Pg 27 : Spec of the 1.2 TSI 77KW
Pg 34 : Tire upgrade recommendations and noise reduction

(Some other pages in this pdf may be of interest to some, if you could work your way out with an online translator)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf polo_preisliste.pdf (2.07 MB, 516 views)
carthick1000 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th August 2013, 11:46   #1058
BHPian

Quote:
Took the delivery of my GT yesterday. I had to remind myself very often not to press too much till the initial run-in is over.
Many Congratulations,I don't think you need to do any run in (per the s a ) so enjoy the pocket rocket
Old 20th August 2013, 12:58   #1059
Team-BHP Support

Re: Why the polo GT TSI is VFM, but not world class?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carthick1000 View Post
Now on the technology front, I would like to discuss few minute details which may not be available in the GT TSI threads
Here's a related thread you might want to look through as well : link

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2013, 21:26   #1060
BHPian

All the parts are in for my TSI. Only thing missing is the damn car! Hopefully here soon.
Old 20th August 2013, 21:38   #1061
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
All the parts are in for my TSI. Only thing missing is the damn car! Hopefully here soon.
And so I heard!

What are the list of things you got? Or are you going to have us hanging in suspense till the Ownership thread comes in?
Old 21st August 2013, 12:09   #1062
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
But then you also get idiots driving with their fog lamps on, 365 nights a year because they think they look cool! The front ones don't bother oncoming traffic at least but the rear ones are bright!
Not sure if this is an "idiotic" approach or scientific. It is the same logic as having DRL's on your car, maybe those who don't ave DRL's on their car use front fog lights when driving. Not sure it is for the "cool" factor, as don't see what can be cool in having your front fog lights on ?
Old 21st August 2013, 12:59   #1063
Team-BHP Support

^^ From what I've understood, DRLs and fog lights serve different purposes. But people get the impression that fog lights do the same job.

Please take the discussion to this thread. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ng-lights.html
Old 25th August 2013, 11:20   #1064
BHPian

So after a long wait, finally did the much desired long test drive yesterday. The service was ok as had to wait for ten days for this long drive. The drive included a mix of heavy bumper to bumper traffic, some really bad roads and the bypass freeway. In the traffic, its really a bliss. This was my first AT and didn't even dreamt that in a single day i will change loyalties from the trusted manual. In heavy traffic just take the leg of brake and the car starts a slow creep. The D mode was more than enough for negotiating the heavy chennai traffic. In some of the really bad roads, could feels the bumps filtering into the cabin. Felt the GC was adequate and didn't bottom out even on some aggressive driving.

The steering was lite and pretty easy to manouvre. At speed, it weighed up nicely and was confidence inspiring. The sport mode takes you to triple digit speeds in a blink of an eye.

So after being bowled over by the car, then comes the shocks. A waiting period of six months ! No extended warranty for GT whatsoever. So now have two tough tasks at hand now. First wait for a long time for my GT and Secondly, start convincing my family to pay for a hatch the sedan money. :-)
Old 25th August 2013, 12:30   #1065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post
..then comes the shocks. A waiting period of six months ! No extended warranty for GT whatsoever..
I just went to the nearest (in Vijayawada) VW showroom searching for an automatic car for my father and when I asked about the VW GT 1.2, the waiting period said was 4 weeks. Also in the brochure, there is a mention of extended warranty. As per the brochure, extended warranty is being offered on GT. Just check the brochure of GT. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks