Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2013, 23:45   #1081
BHPian

Guys, has any one noticed a rattling noise coming from the front when negotiating rough roads?. Have been noticing it for a few days and will be going to the showroom tomorrow for them to have a look.
Old 31st August 2013, 00:48   #1082
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiagust View Post
Guys, has any one noticed a rattling noise coming from the front when negotiating rough roads?.
Its engine mount noise. Since VW has already rectified the engine mount issues in the India Polo long ago by replacing the rubber mounting with newer hydraulic type mounting, I doubt the engine mount is faulty in your case. Rather its by nature that a little bit of noise still keeps coming on the bad roads even with the hydraulic engine mount.

Try to negotiate the bad roads little bit more politely
Old 2nd September 2013, 15:47   #1083

I am about to pick up my new GT TSI in a few hours. The dealership called and asked me to stop by around 6pm to take delivery. Excited !!!!!!!!!

I have read user reviews suggesting changing the Tyres to 195/r/60. Am wondering if its suggested to do so when I am mainly to drive the GT in the city and if it will take a big toll on FE.

Pls suggest. Thanks
kamson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2013, 16:19   #1084
Senior - BHPian

@kamson: congrats man.

My suggestion, drive around, see if you need it & then decide.
Old 2nd September 2013, 20:09   #1085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamson View Post
I am about to pick up my new GT TSI in a few hours. The dealership called and asked me to stop by around 6pm to take delivery. Excited !!!!!!!!!

I have read user reviews suggesting changing the Tyres to 195/r/60. Am wondering if its suggested to do so when I am mainly to drive the GT in the city and if it will take a big toll on FE.

Pls suggest. Thanks
I am getting 12.5kmpl in delhi gurgaon rush hour traffic on 205/50/R16.. so you should be fine. Enjoy the added traction. If F.E is your concern, then you may be better off with a diesel.
prithwi-81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2013, 22:38   #1086
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
Also I've been having huge complaints about the brake feel in the car. Then after a few dozen forum posts and VW Workshop manual reading, it clicked.. digital car, digital brakes, as in no connection between brake pedal and brake master cylinder. Brake pedal connected to a digital signal generator that goes to brake master cylinder!! Its like drive by wire/electronic throttle. Think of it as brake by wire.. This is why the brakes lack any feel. Whatever 'feel' you get is the stupid feedback from the controller, like a force feedback game pedals.. GEEZUS!! This will take a bit of getting used to.
As others have indicated and requested, would like more details. Unconvinced otherwise.

If the brake pedal is not connected to a master cylinder, why is there a master cylinder at all. And who/ what operates it.

Regards
Sutripta
Old 2nd September 2013, 23:03   #1087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
As others have indicated and requested, would like more details. Unconvinced otherwise.

If the brake pedal is not connected to a master cylinder, why is there a master cylinder at all. And who/ what operates it.

Regards
Sutripta
Please see my ownership thread for details. No point cross posting.

VW Polo suspension - No wheel alignment required or possible. So if your dealer says so, slap him on the head with hindustan times :-)

Proof?? Here you go!
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-alignmentspecs.jpg
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-wheelalignment.jpg
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-rearaxlecamber.jpg
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-camberalignment.jpg

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 4th September 2013 at 16:19. Reason: Back-to-back posts
Old 3rd September 2013, 00:23   #1088
BHPian

Quote:
VW Polo suspension - No wheel alignment required or possible. So if your dealer says so, slap him on the head with hindustan times :-)

Proof?? Here you go!
Thanks for sharing this info.

But some questions arise in mind are that:

1. Then what the workshop people actually do after charging some 1K-1.5K on the name of wheel alignment?

2. And what the other shops do on the name of wheel alignment?

One of my friend's Polo has eaten inner side of tread from one of the front tyre (almost half). But it stopped eating that tyre when car went for wheel alignment at a wheel alignmetn shop. Later he replaced that tyre with spare wheel.

I am sure there will be few other people around here who may have noticed their VW cars eating the tyres and the problem is fixed after getting the alignment done.

Last edited by tbppjpr : 3rd September 2013 at 00:25.
Old 3rd September 2013, 00:58   #1089
BHPian

Honestly maybe its due to toe corrections which the dealer may have done.. Polo cannot be aligned as the VW service manual states. Only toe adjustments.. most likely has to do with the skinny tires combined with the raised suspension thats the culprit..
OH and dont forget our wonderful buttery smooth roads.
Old 3rd September 2013, 07:24   #1090
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for uploading the relevant pages of the manual, it clarified that Polo/TSI is like just any other hatch regarding wheel alignment. My current Maruti has only toe correction possible and so did my 85 model Maruti. Only front toe correction is possible on majority of the hatches/cars sold in India with a McPherson type front suspension and non-independent rear twist beam/solid axle, caster and camber is fixed and is to be messed with only for accident repairs or suspension repairs.

Also the GT TSI doesn't have brake-by-wire, none of the production cars have that as of now anywhere in the world. There is a solid mechanical connection between the brake pedal and the brake master cylinder. The XDS setting is nothing but an (pseudo) electronic locking differential, which means it probably applies brake on the faster spinning wheels to transfer the torque to the slower wheel. Polo TSI has an open differential otherwise.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2013, 20:41   #1091
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please see my ownership thread for details. No point cross posting.
Hi,
Went through it. Other than a paragraph in the first post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3219150
and a link to the electronic differential a few posts later, did not find any real details.

In any case, please do post full details of the Polo GTs revolutionary brake technology on any thread of your choice.

Regards
Sutripta
Old 4th September 2013, 13:44   #1092

The GT TSI is growing on me everyday. As someone aptly posted before, "depression sets in when i reach my destination"

Got new floor mats from 3M, Santhome. Vijay the co-owner was extremely helpful and professional. I chose the 2350 over nomad since they are a bit more economical and seem quite similar to Nomads. I also, feel much safer while driving as compared to the stock mats which tend to "slip" over the plastic covered floor

Got rid of the plastic covering on seats too and really love the feel of the car.

Next, planning to get some ICE upgrades from this new place in Velachery, "Auto Runway" which is opening up this weekend. Will post on the service and pricing once I have visited. Other suggestions welcome as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-image2287767825.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-image1634998498.jpg  

kamson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2013, 22:16   #1093
BHPian

Autocar India has done a comparison test of Polo gt tsi v/s Ecosport 1.5 at. This is the link ! And the winner (as expected) is the Polo
Old 8th September 2013, 22:06   #1094
Senior - BHPian

My Punto has completed 50K in 3.5 years. I have a slightly wild idea of replacing her with the Polo GT TSI. Please note that I have absolutely no reason to say goodbye to the Italian beauty other than the ze German. I am not interested in any other car or variant either.

Minus some minor scratches and a BT phone function that is not working, the Punto is in excellent condition. It is still under finance, but I am planning to pre-pay the loan by OCT/NOV and sell the car by NOV/DEC.

Buttt a concrete decision has not yet been taken.

- this will be our second car, and we'll be using only for city commute. We live in a small town so let me say, small-town commute. We have the XUV for our long drives.

- would cover 600 to 1000 kms per month, to be shared by me and wifey, who is also a an experienced driver.

Advise needed:
- should I keep the Punto for another 1.5 years or should I go for the swap?
- (if I go for the swap) should I sell the Punto or exchange it at the VW dealership?
- how much should I expect in either case for the Punto (EP, FGT, 2010 JUN)?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 8th September 2013 at 22:08.
Old 8th September 2013, 22:36   #1095
Senior - BHPian

With Abarth being tested (caught & reported) on our roads, FIAT is that much closer to launching it later this year. I think you should wait for the same to compare it heads on with the Polo GT and then take a call. At this time the GT has no direct competition and the TSi engine's response compared to the Multijet will always be alluring. Abarth vs Polo GT will be an Oranges to Oranges comparison and for all you know FIAT may just launch it with a 1.6L turbocharged engine instead of the 1.4L that does duty in the TJet currently. The 1.4 is already potent enough to make the TJet fly off the blocks, with the Abarth's (less weight) it will as if running on Nitrous and with the 1.6 we may just be able to put someone on the Moon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Advise needed:
- should I keep the Punto for another 1.5 years or should I go for the swap?
- (if I go for the swap) should I sell the Punto or exchange it at the VW dealership?
- how much should I expect in either case for the Punto (EP, FGT, 2010 JUN)?

Thanks in advance
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks