Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2013, 21:50   #1171
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Congrats man on your black TSI.. have fun with the ride and be safe... As for wheels, not much difference in weight between Lenso's and Borbets but the strength and durability is where the 2x money goes.Hit a pothole the wrong way with the lenso's and it will surely bend. With borbets, momo's, OZs etc, there rim has a 75% chance of survival.
prithwi-81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2013, 15:09   #1172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahilkhurana View Post
Hi Rajesh,

I am dealing with PPS Motors showroom in Somajiguda (Volkswagen Somajiguda).

Dharmana which dealer you got your GT from ?
My dealer's at Jubilee hills showroom.
dharmana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2013, 12:49   #1173
sdh
BHPian

Does anyone have a soft copy of the owners manual?
Old 26th September 2013, 13:00   #1174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
I have just booked a Red Polo GT TSi.
SA told me that there is a waiting period of three months, however he would try to deliver the vehicle within 15 days.
Sorry, Correction.
SA told me that there is a waiting period of three months, however he would try to deliver the vehicle within 45 days.
Old 26th September 2013, 14:17   #1175
BHPian

Update on the waiting saga:
Was told that car will get billed on 20th Sept. Have been following up with Sales people since then without any luck. Everyday I was being told that it will get billed by month end.

Called them today and got a shocking reply saying month end is over. It has not been billed and can only happen next month now . Don't know what VW and its dealers are upto !!
Old 26th September 2013, 15:31   #1176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahilkhurana View Post
Update on the waiting saga:
Was told that car will get billed on 20th Sept. Have been following up with Sales people since then without any luck. Everyday I was being told that it will get billed by month end.

Called them today and got a shocking reply saying month end is over. It has not been billed and can only happen next month now . Don't know what VW and its dealers are upto !!
I think the Dealerships read of a pre-printed text. I have got the same verbatim reply. Snippet of the conversation.

Me: Is my car billed this month
SA: Sorry Sir, it's not billed this month. We are getting allotment for next month and I'm sure we can give you the car
Me: How many people ahead of me.
SA: There were 15 people who cancelled and now you have 3 people ahead of you
Me: If you get 3 cars and they are billed to the people ahead of me then I won't be getting my car this coming month (Oct), is that correct?
SA: We will get you a car sir
Me: I'm pleased to know that without any substantial evidence you are makeing a promise
SA: Don't worry sir, we will get you a car next month. If you don't want to wait that long, you can take the Polo TDI or other model or we can refund your money.

Last edited by stumpz : 26th September 2013 at 15:57.
stumpz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2013, 16:36   #1177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpz View Post
I think the Dealerships read of a pre-printed text. I have got the same verbatim reply. Snippet of the conversation. Me: Is my car billed this month SA: Sorry Sir, it's not billed this month. We are getting allotment for next month and I'm sure we can give you the car Me: How many people ahead of me. SA: There were 15 people who cancelled and now you have 3 people ahead of you Me: If you get 3 cars and they are billed to the people ahead of me then I won't be getting my car this coming month (Oct), is that correct? SA: We will get you a car sir Me: I'm pleased to know that without any substantial evidence you are makeing a promise SA: Don't worry sir, we will get you a car next month. If you don't want to wait that long, you can take the Polo TDI or other model or we can refund your money.
I guess you got "stumpzzz" sorry couldn't resist that (pj)

Coming to topic, looks like VW is making a big deal in delivering your car. This isn't in your end only most VW showrooms have a lackadaisical attitude and it's true for most showrooms across India, they truly believe that they're moving mountains to get you the car (when it's not so). Don't let them push you ask for some freebies, you never know they might budge a bit or give it sooner.

Last edited by D'Artagnan : 26th September 2013 at 16:39.
Old 26th September 2013, 20:35   #1178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Artagnan View Post

I guess you got "stumpzzz" sorry couldn't resist that (pj)

Coming to topic, looks like VW is making a big deal in delivering your car. This isn't in your end only most VW showrooms have a lackadaisical attitude and it's true for most showrooms across India, they truly believe that they're moving mountains to get you the car (when it's not so). Don't let them push you ask for some freebies, you never know they might budge a bit or give it sooner.
Bottom line is vw doesnt have enough kits for the demand. Looking at this thread, it looks like for every 10-15 bookings only one car is being delivered. Sigh.
Old 27th September 2013, 13:11   #1179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironager View Post
Even in the case of the GT TSI it would have made more sense to add allround disk brakes instead of ESP which takes away the pure thrill of driving.
When i purchased the GT if VW had offered me the option of choosing between rear disk brakes and ESP i would have happily opted for the former. However after pushing the GT really hard around corners with gay abandon, i have to vouch for the fact that VW has done an awesome job incorporating ESP in this car. In a situation where in you are bound to lose control of the vehicle the ESP is a life saver.
chase_nt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2013, 14:13   #1180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
Bottom line is vw doesnt have enough kits for the demand. Looking at this thread, it looks like for every 10-15 bookings only one car is being delivered. Sigh.
Let's hope for before the xmas holidays start. Unless there is some great news I'm going to go and enjoy the holidays with my kid.

Off Topic: Just out of curiosity I called the dealership and asked about the Auto Jetta. The SA said six months.

Due to my back problem, if he said even 1 month he could get me a car, I would have made the booking and paid the deposit today, considering there is no clarity on when the Polo would be here.

I think VW always rounds their numbers in multiples of 3. It's either 3 months, 6 months, 9 months and seems to be inline with the models.

Polo: 3 months
Jetta: 6 months
Passat: 6-9 months

Atleast it's better than the Ecosport Auto I called the Ford dealership (Lathangi Bangalore) about and he said, 18 months!!!

Happy Holidays guys.
Old 27th September 2013, 15:32   #1181
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpz View Post
Atleast it's better than the Ecosport Auto I called the Ford dealership (Lathangi Bangalore) about and he said, 18 months!!!
For that wait, they better give the face-lifted EcoSport
Old 27th September 2013, 16:31   #1182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase_nt View Post
When i purchased the GT if VW had offered me the option of choosing between rear disk brakes and ESP i would have happily opted for the former. However after pushing the GT really hard around corners with gay abandon, i have to vouch for the fact that VW has done an awesome job incorporating ESP in this car. In a situation where in you are bound to lose control of the vehicle the ESP is a life saver.
The ESP is an essential piece of equipment and will cut in when the car reaches its limit. for a normal driver in the city or even the highway it will not be required 99% of the time but if a car enthusiast is driving the car it will start kicking in whenever the car reaches its limits.

I feel that the ESP takes away the thrill of driving, its like you are not in control of the car the computer is in control of the car and will cut in whenever it feels/senses the car has reached its limits.

A good driver knows the limits of his car and has a feel/sense when the car is approaching 99% of its capability/ against that we have drivers who will crash a car no matter what safety features are installed case in point being the many videos on youtube of drivers crashing M5, AMG`S, Ferraris etc etc.

At the end of the day its all about choice. VW could give the option to a customer to opt for the 4 disks instead of ESP. As in most cases some people cant do without ESP and some people prefer not to have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
For that wait, they better give the face-lifted EcoSport
There are a lot better cars out there than the Ecosport. In the pre owned market one can get a Skoda TSI, 8th Gen Civic, even a BMW all under 10 lakh.

I took a TD of the ecosport ecoboost a few days back its not even in the same league as the GT

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 27th September 2013 at 18:51.
Old 28th September 2013, 08:37   #1183
BHPian

Quote:
The ESP is an essential piece of equipment and will cut in when the car reaches its limit. for a normal driver in the city or even the highway it will not be required 99% of the time but if a car enthusiast is driving the car it will start kicking in whenever the car reaches its limits.

I feel that the ESP takes away the thrill of driving, its like you are not in control of the car the computer is in control of the car and will cut in whenever it feels/senses the car has reached its limits.

A good driver knows the limits of his car and has a feel/sense when the car is approaching 99% of its capability/ against that we have drivers who will crash a car no matter what safety features are installed case in point being the many videos on Youtube of drivers crashing M5, AMG`S, Ferraris etc etc.

At the end of the day its all about choice. VW could give the option to a customer to opt for the 4 disks instead of ESP. As in most cases some people cant do without ESP and some people prefer not to have it.
Hi, No offense to anybody in the forum. I am just voicing my opinion about the ESP.

Sometime back(6 long years back), I bought a Swift ZXi which costed much more than VXi. I preferred ZXi(over VXi) is because it had ABS and Airbags. Many of my friends were of the opinion that I had wasted this extra money. I have no regrets whatsoever regarding this decision, and I don't mind wasting of few thousand Rupees on safety. And definitely, my next car will always have Airbags, and ABS.

A year back, when I started researching for my next car(a hatchback/sedan within 12 lakhs), I also included ESP in my checklist. However, only expensive cars(like Laura, Jetta) had this. So I would definitely appreciate VW for introducing ESP in Polo. Only other car which has the ESP in this range/segment is Eco-sport(1.5P automatic)

There are many videos in YouTube which explain why the ESP is a "good to have" option. In many of the developed countries(please refer http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electro...bility_control) it is mandatory to have ESP. Someone can argue that developed countries have better roads than us, and they drive faster.

I would say in India we drive even faster(because in developed countries they have speed limits, and on the Indian highways we do not care about the speed limits). And cars like TSi can reach 3 digit speeds very quickly(i.e even in the city).

For me ESP is as important as ABS/Airbags, and I hope auto manufactures will provide this as an option in all cars(at least for the so called fast cars)

I too agree that VW should have given the Polo GT TSi "all disc brakes" option.

Note: VW also provides an option to switch off the ESP.
Old 28th September 2013, 15:16   #1184
BHPian

[QUOTE. VW also provides an option to switch off the ESP.[/quote]

That button just switches off the Traction Control ESP cannot be switched off.
Old 28th September 2013, 15:48   #1185
BHPian

Quote:

That button just switches off the Traction Control ESP cannot be switched off.
Hi ironager. ESP means electronic stability program which includes traction control. So ESP(traction control) can be switched off.

Most Viewed