Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2013, 15:57   #1246
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Update on the door noise.
It is second day since I gave my car to the service center and till yesterday evening, they were working on the door beading. Called them today and got an update that beading is perfect. It is a door latch issue. I think I have read some people on UK forums complaining of the same.
Anyways they had apparently made some adjustments which didn't help the right front door noise.
Can't stop wondering what on earth can cause door latches to get misaligned in 15 days.
Old 24th October 2013, 13:46   #1247

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this. Thanks

Expecting my car to be delivered by mid next month. I have ordered Flat Bottom GLI paddle shift mfsw from mexico ( got a good deal). Also plan to delete the rear muffler and get a new set of TSW 16". Very tempted to get the 17", but again would need some advice if i could go for the same.

Thanks

Last edited by GTO : 25th October 2013 at 15:50.
Old 24th October 2013, 20:18   #1248
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Rulez View Post
Expecting my car to be delivered by mid next month... i have ordered Flat Bottom GLI paddle shift mfsw from mexico ( got a good deal)... also plan to delete the rear muffler and get a new set of TSW 16" ... very tempted to get the 17" but again would need some advice if i could go for the same....

thanks
If you want to be worrying about sidewall bulges on every bump on our great Mumbai roads then go ahead with 17. Otherwise 16s too will give you enough to worry about over here.

Though if your commute is on the Western side, you may be able to manage with 17s.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2013, 00:00   #1249
BHPian

So, after so much waiting it has finally arrived. Will in most probability take delivery next week. Please help regarding the tyre upgrade. My priority will be a silent comfortable ride with decent life. Will only be using the stock rims. Was thinking of CPC2 195/55 or primacy 3 ST 195/60. Kindly help deciding. Also throw in any other option you guys find appropriate.

thank you,
Old 26th October 2013, 03:45   #1250
BHPian

I'd advise PS3's if u can get the size, or Yoko SDrives if u intend to drive it hard.
prithwi-81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2013, 14:34   #1251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post
Will only be using the stock rims. Was thinking of CPC2 195/55 or primacy 3 ST 195/60. Kindly help deciding. Also throw in any other option you guys find appropriate.
Congrats on your new acquisition. I would suggest the following options:
1. Michelin XM2 195 60 R15
It has been recently launched in the above tire size. Since XM2 have stronger sidewalls compared to other Michelin products it would be a safe bet. Also they are quitter compared to JK & Apollo. You also get a GC increase of 6 mm.

2. Continental CPC2 195 60 R15
Used by many fellow Vento owners. Excellent ride on wet surfaces. Only grudge been, its a unidirectional tire which means you need to be careful when you do your tire rotation. As only front left can go over to rear left and vice verse. You also get a GC increase of 6 mm.

3. Michelin Primary 3 ST 195 60 R15
Recently launched. Much has to be seen how they behave on Indian road conditions. Have been made specifically for Asian markets. But given Michelin now makes XM2 in the same size, I would bet my money on it as it would be able to handle our road conditions better.

4. Yokohama S Drive 205 55 R15
S Drive are either a hit or a miss. Many have had a very good experience and some with terrible. Side wall bulges being the most common. These too are unidirectional tire which means you need to be careful when you do your tire rotation. Also you get a GC increase of 1.75 mm.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2013, 20:51   #1252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahilkhurana View Post
Update on the door noise.
It is second day since I gave my car to the service center and till yesterday evening, they were working on the door beading. Called them today and got an update that beading is perfect. It is a door latch issue. I think I have read some people on UK forums complaining of the same.
Anyways they had apparently made some adjustments which didn't help the right front door noise.
Can't stop wondering what on earth can cause door latches to get misaligned in 15 days.
Got the car back. As per the SA, this is what they have done:
1. Door latch adjustment
2. They then put a Transparent film around the window frame (part that touches the rubber beading).

Have driven 100 kms after that and the noise has re-surfaced .
As per SA, this is a common problem in VW which is difficult to understand as no-one here has reported it.
Any suggestions guys?
Old 31st October 2013, 10:26   #1253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry View Post
Finally my GT day is tomorrow. The red devil is waiting for me at the dealership. :-D talked to the tire guy and I am straightaway taking it to him after the delivery. Going in for Michelin Energy XM2 195/60/R15. Just paying 2100 per tire extra over the shoddy accelers.
Does the spare tyre(195/60/R15) fits in the place meant for storing the spare wheel?
Old 31st October 2013, 12:46   #1254
BHPian

It has been a long time since I wrote something on this post , work has literally killed my life for the past two months.

Have completed 1100 kms on my GT so far and it has been a breeze so far. I would be coming up with an ownership report soon.

I'm not sure whether any of you guys have faced this problem. The RC book had mentioned the bhp rating incorrectly and I got it corrected again. The SA was trying to tell me that it would be mentioned only as 77hp as hatchbacks are not supposed to have more than 80 bhp. I was not ready to accept this and in fact I had asked him to take care of this in an email earlier itswlf and told him that I would be left with no choice other than going to the customer care and other escalation routes, post which the correction was made in the rto again.
What he told me was that the other customers who have taken the deliveries were ok with it. I was not ready to buy this nonsense and got the required done.
Old 31st October 2013, 15:22   #1255
BHPian

I guess the 77 stands for power in KW. 77KW ~ 105hp

Internationally the car is commonly called the Polo 77TSI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiagust View Post
It has been a long time since I wrote something on this post , work has literally killed my life for the past two months.

Have completed 1100 kms on my GT so far and it has been a breeze so far. I would be coming up with an ownership report soon.

I'm not sure whether any of you guys have faced this problem. The RC book had mentioned the bhp rating incorrectly and I got it corrected again. The SA was trying to tell me that it would be mentioned only as 77hp as hatchbacks are not supposed to have more than 80 bhp. I was not ready to accept this and in fact I had asked him to take care of this in an email earlier itswlf and told him that I would be left with no choice other than going to the customer care and other escalation routes, post which the correction was made in the rto again.
What he told me was that the other customers who have taken the deliveries were ok with it. I was not ready to buy this nonsense and got the required done.
Old 31st October 2013, 16:19   #1256
Team-BHP Support

Actually, 77 kW ~ 103 hp ~ 105 PS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiagust View Post
The SA was trying to tell me that it would be mentioned only as 77hp as hatchbacks are not supposed to have more than 80 bhp.
What non-sense!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 31st October 2013 at 16:21.
Old 31st October 2013, 18:32   #1257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
I guess the 77 stands for power in KW. 77KW ~ 105hp

Internationally the car is commonly called the Polo 77TSI.
I need to check but as far as I remember it was mentioned as bhp. But I was surprised to see how these guys think that they make us believe anything they say. He mentioned that one of the guys who had taken the delivery earlier did not object to this.
Old 1st November 2013, 21:48   #1258
BANNED

m very keen on the GT Tsi. Now that we are seeing vw introducing the tsi dsg combo in the vento it is reasonable to believe that the tsi dsg combo is here to stay permanently in the indian market ?

I'm really hoping that as the tsi dsg combo becomes mainstream in a short amount of time then vw will introduce the fully loaded polo gti soon in the country.

I really want the whole package. I'm talking about maybe a slightly higher tuned 1.2 tsi or maybe the 1.4 tsi in the polo with dsg + paddle shifters + plus other goodies.

How much more would a Polo Gti cost over a Polo GT Tsi anyways...?
Old 2nd November 2013, 18:26   #1259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
m very keen on the GT Tsi. Now that we are seeing vw introducing the tsi dsg combo in the vento it is reasonable to believe that the tsi dsg combo is here to stay permanently in the indian market ?

I'm really hoping that as the tsi dsg combo becomes mainstream in a short amount of time then vw will introduce the fully loaded polo gti soon in the country.

I really want the whole package. I'm talking about maybe a slightly higher tuned 1.2 tsi or maybe the 1.4 tsi in the polo with dsg + paddle shifters + plus other goodies.

I don't see the GTI coming anytime soon but i think it will north of 2.0 Lacs over the current GT TSI.
Old 2nd November 2013, 21:06   #1260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahilkhurana View Post
I don't see the GTI coming anytime soon but i think it will north of 2.0 Lacs over the current GT TSI.
I think 2 lacs is a really conservative estimate. Just the increase in excise will be 1 lac more. Add to that the costs of a 1.4 TSI and the twin charger it comes with in the GTI. Then the bits and pieces with better safety equipments that the 180 bhp demands, the costs will touch the range of a jetta for sure.
drpudhi is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks