Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2013, 22:18   #1261
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

So after months of researching and and taking a lot of virtual test drives in team-bhp ( Onroad test drive of only one vehicle till now ), my drive have finally arrived at the dealer two months post booking. Just had a simple inspection before temporary registration. No freebies whatsoever and they even had the audacity to say they might give it to next in line if i ask for any discounts.

Decided to change to primacy 3 ST 195/60 R15 right out of the showroom. Have also planned 3M paint sealent over the weekend. Any experience with the 3M paint protection film anyone ? Some snaps till i take delivery.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-dsc00561.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-dsc00564.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-dsc00567.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-dsc00562.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-dsc00565.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-dsc00568.jpg  

drpudhi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th November 2013, 23:45   #1262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post
Some snaps till i take delivery.

So did they omit the chrome covering from the headlamp switch?

Old 5th November 2013, 23:58   #1263
Team-BHP Support

I was just about to point that out! The Team-bhp review car had that silver trim outlining on the knob but is missing on the cars we've seen on the forum.

From the official review:

From robi's ownership thread:

From pilot77in's ownership thread:

From chase_nt's ownership thread:

From drpudhi's post above:

This is absurd!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 6th November 2013 at 00:00.
Old 6th November 2013, 02:07   #1264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
I was just about to point that out! The Team-bhp review car had that silver trim outlining on the knob but is missing on the cars we've seen on the forum.
It's a supply chain issue. VW may not have received headlight switches with chrome outline, that's why they are fitting one without it on current GT TSi.

I faced a similar issue with my Vento TDi purchased way back in Mar 2011. It too didn't have the chrome outline on headlamp switch. The later on batch started coming back with it. Nothing you can do about it, as VW mentions specs can change at any moment.

Also one of my friend who bought a Vento TDi just before me, had the chrome outline switch but didn't have leather covered steering wheel. Now that's even worst than doing without chrome outline switch.
Old 6th November 2013, 07:29   #1265
sdh
BHPian

Even I was wondering when there is chrome trim all around the dash, why only the headlight switch, ORVM mirror switch and windows switches were without chrome finish. They really look odd and was even searching out for replacement switches to make it gel with the other parts that have chrome trim. I think VW has just saved few cents at wrong place again.
Old 7th November 2013, 01:54   #1266
BHPian

I had a question that I hope someone "in the know" could answer -

Is a manual transmission option for the 1.2 GT TSi on the cards any time in the next 6 months or so?
Old 7th November 2013, 02:11   #1267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by etchemkay View Post
Is a manual transmission option for the 1.2 GT TSi on the cards any time in the next 6 months or so?
Nope. Only thing we can expect 6 months down the line is VW Polo face lift featuring downsized 1.6 TDi to 1.5 TDi to avail excise duty cuts.
Old 7th November 2013, 06:21   #1268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by etchemkay View Post
I had a question that I hope someone "in the know" could answer -

I would buy one the day its launched!! VW missing a big trick not releasing a manual TSi Polo.
Old 7th November 2013, 07:14   #1269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
I would buy one the day its launched!! VW missing a big trick not releasing a manual TSi Polo.
The way VW is introducing engine options on enthusiast's demand, I feel they may come with a manual TSI also anytime after reading your post along with many other in this thread. Afterall they are jobless for couple of years since no new model is in the pipeline for next couple of years.
Old 7th November 2013, 07:22   #1270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
The way VW is introducing engine options on enthusiast's demand, I feel they may come with a manual TSI also anytime after reading your post along with many other in this thread. Afterall they are jobless for couple of years since no new model is in the pipeline for next couple of years.
Well I have a budget of 8 lakhs for any good looking, solid performance petrol hatch with a manual tranny that has say 90+ HP with good interiors. Fuel consumption can be around 12+ kmpl.

VW Polo Manual TSi fits that requirement perfectly. Does any other present or forthcoming hatch?

Last edited by gsurya : 7th November 2013 at 07:24.
Old 7th November 2013, 08:37   #1271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
My Vento Tsi has the crome. Just adding to the discussion.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-imag1531.jpg  

Old 7th November 2013, 08:58   #1272
BHPian

Quote:

Well I have a budget of 8 lakhs for any good looking, solid performance petrol hatch with a manual tranny that has say 90+ HP with good interiors. Fuel consumption can be around 12+ kmpl.

VW Polo Manual TSi fits that requirement perfectly. Does any other present or forthcoming hatch?
Why go manual when you can go dsg with better FE in traffic than manual.
Old 7th November 2013, 11:42   #1273
BHPian

Quote:
Amen brother, I would too !! But, I just might be swayed toward the TDi .. let's see after I (hopefully) test drive both TSi and TDi today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
Why go manual when you can go dsg with better FE in traffic than manual.
prithwi-81, I have this mental block against automatics somehow. But I will be TDing the TSi too just to be fair.

Quote:

You and me both! My budget is a little bit stretchable beyond 8L too. My first priority is a modern, fun hatchback. I've considered everything from used Palio 1.6 GTX (not modern, spares issues) to Swift (already own another Maruti) to an i20 (not really a driver's car) but nothing really tugged at my heartstrings except for these 2 Polos.

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 7th November 2013 at 16:13.
Old 7th November 2013, 19:27   #1274
BHPian

Finally the GT is home. What a bliss it is to have an AT in this maddening traffic. After just one day and hardly 20 kms, i've started to fall in love with this DSG+TSI combo. Goodbye MT. Also changed to Primacy 3 ST 195/60 R15 right out of the showroom. Even my wife told could feel the difference between the stock tires and Michelin.

A few snaps here. Got appointment for 3M paint sealant over the weekend. Also thinking of the paint protection films for atleast the corners ( Really cramped apartment parking slots). Anyone have experience with those PPF ?
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-tdsc00570.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-tdsc00574.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-tdsc00580.jpg  

drpudhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2013, 13:26   #1275
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post
Finally the GT is home. What a bliss it is to have an AT in this maddening traffic. After just one day and hardly 20 kms, i've started to fall in love with this DSG+TSI combo. Goodbye MT. Also changed to Primacy 3 ST 195/60 R15 right out of the showroom. Even my wife told could feel the difference between the stock tires and Michelin.
Congratulations! The red number looks great. Do post a detailed ownership thread.

One suggestion – You should’ve just posted a couple of pictures of the car alone, instead of those with black-masked faces
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks