Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2013, 23:00   #1276
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Congratulations! The red number looks great. Do post a detailed ownership thread.

One suggestion – You should’ve just posted a couple of pictures of the car alone, instead of those with black-masked faces
Thanks. Have planned a 1000 km drive next week. Will post the experience after that. And thanks for the suggestion. But my bad that i didn't have a single solo photo of my GT on the delivery day as i was with family and didn't want to face their wrath by giving priority to the car .
Old 9th November 2013, 20:57   #1277
BHPian

Guys, got my GT TSi(Flash Red) today, and this is a quick update.

Did the following modifications
Tyre upgrade:
Michelin Primacy 3 ST(195/60R15)
Paid Rs 13,000 for 4 tyres(after exchange) at Madhus(Owned by Nikhil)

Bulb upgrade:
Osram Night Breaker Plus Headlight Bulb H4
Paid around Rs 1,000
http://www.ebay.in/itm/171161818242?...#ht_2440wt_906

After the delivery I had to drive in bumper-to-bumper traffic(thanks to the Marthahalli-Whitefield traffic) for around 10kms, and I was shocked to see 5.6kmpl in the MFD. After few kms(around 50 km) of light foot driving, it slowly went up till 9.3kmpl. I would be happy if I get above 10 kmpl

Guys, I have few questions, and appreciate your answers
- Have you noticed lot of reflection on the front windshield(basically dash is reflecting on the windshield)? It might be because dash was polished and waxed.
- While changing radio channels using the steering remote, it does not jump to the next channel(instead it does a search, and then goes to the next channel). Is there any option to change this behavior?
Old 11th November 2013, 07:42   #1278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
Guys, got my GT TSi(Flash Red) today
Congratus Rohan. What a wait, but I'm sure it was worth it.

The milage goes up as the time progesses. Mostly due to my early morning and early evening communte and a relatively right foot, I"m getting 13.7. So I wouldn't worry too much about the milage.

Regarding the Radio, I'm not sure actually. I am usually on USB or IPOD as the only radio station I listen to is in English so haven't experienced your radio question.

Let me know about the lights, interested. After a long trip this weekend, the OEM lights are sorely inadequate.

Windsheild reflection does exist, but it's not too bad. If you move the seating position either higher or lower, perhaps the relfection angle will reduce. Just a thought.
Old 11th November 2013, 08:12   #1279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpz View Post
Congrats Rohan. What a wait, but I'm sure it was worth it.
Thanks Stumpz. As some somebody had mentioned this is ADDICTIVE.

Quote:
The mileage goes up as the time progress. Mostly due to my early morning and early evening commute and a relatively right foot, I"m getting 13.7. So I wouldn't worry too much about the mileage.
This morning I started early to the office(around 7 am), and got the FE of 13.1(MFD reading) which is equivalent to my older Swift.

Quote:
Let me know about the lights, interested. After a long trip this weekend, the OEM lights are sorely inadequate.
I would advise everyone to go for this. It is much better than the stock.(MRP is around Rs 2300, But in ebay it is available for Rs 1000).

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
By the way, I sorted the weak headlamp issue by upgrading the bulbs to OSRAM Nightbreaker Plus H4 60/55. Its a simple 2 min DIY. No relay or wiring required. Its plug n play.
Thanks to robimahanta

Quote:
Windshield reflection does exist, but it's not too bad. If you move the seating position either higher or lower, perhaps the reflection angle will reduce. Just a thought.
Thanks, I will try this.
Old 11th November 2013, 08:25   #1280
Distinguished - BHPian

Just to let you guys know, Osram has updated the Nightbreaker Plus series to Nightbreaker Unlimited. These would be an ideal plug and play upgrade for the Polo stock bulbs now.
http://www.powerbulbs.com/product/ni...r-unlimited-h4
robimahanta is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th November 2013, 09:29   #1281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
Just to let you guys know, Osram has updated the Nightbreaker Plus series to Nightbreaker Unlimited. These would be an ideal plug and play upgrade for the Polo stock bulbs now.
http://www.powerbulbs.com/product/ni...r-unlimited-h4
Did a bit of reviewing/googling. Looks like the unlimited is a bit better and probably worth the extra few pennies. Ordered today. Will keep you all updated/posted.
Old 11th November 2013, 09:49   #1282
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, got my GT TSi(Flash Red) today, and this is a quick update.
Congrats Rohan. I visited the showroom on Sunday and saw your name listed on the board with the 'Delivered' comment. So guessed you would have started enjoying your Polo TSI
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2013, 14:20   #1283
BHPian

Have few clarifications regarding the DSG modes, would appreciate your answers about the same.

In Short signal(say 15 seconds in the Red light), I do the following to stop
- Leave the mode in 'D'
- Keep the foot brake engaged(and do not engage the handbrake)

In Long signal(say 2 minutes in the Red light), I do the following to stop
- Change the mode to 'N
- Engage the handbrake(Do not engage the foot brake)
- Stop the engine(ignition off)

Is this okay, or should I change the mode to 'P', and then switch off the engine??

Can I start the engine when it is in 'N' mode??

I am interested to know the ideal way of stopping and starting car in the long signal. If there are different approaches please do let me know.
Old 11th November 2013, 14:46   #1284
BHPian

No need to set to P or use hand brake. just keep ur foot on the brake when in N, even though on flat roads u wont even need that, but its a good safety habit.

I'm shocked to see you guys getting such bad mileage. I get 12.5-13.1kmph (without A/C) in delhi gurgaon morning evening rush hour traffic, depending on how bad it gets. With AC its between 11.3-12.5kmpl.

Only time i got anywhere close to 5.6 was when we were beating on the car constantly. BUT then again, i've stuck to 97 or at worst 93 since i got the car. 4000kms n going.
prithwi-81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2013, 15:09   #1285
BHPian

I too get a mileage of 8 - 9 in the five days I've been with the car. Its to early I think and the drive is in 100 % crawling traffic. Has planned a 1000 km roundtrip and might get an accurate reading with the tankful method.
Old 11th November 2013, 15:38   #1286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
No need to set to P or use hand brake. just keep ur foot on the brake when in N, even though on flat roads u wont even need that, but its a good safety habit.
Thanks prithwi.
I am bit lazy to keep the leg on the brake. Even in my manual car I used to do the same in the signal(i.e put the car in neutral, engage the handbrake and switch off the engine.)

One more question, can I start the car in the 'N' mode??

Last edited by shetty_rohan : 11th November 2013 at 15:43.
Old 11th November 2013, 15:47   #1287
BHPian

Quote:
One more question, can I start the car in the 'N' mode??
Yup you can start the car in N mode ,what you can't do (rather the set up wont let you do) is remove the car keys with ignition off in any other mode than P

On the mileage side the best i have managed to get is 16.1 (using octane 97) though i get a mild heart ache with the per litre price being 103.99

Last edited by Rajesh Rawal : 11th November 2013 at 15:51.
Rajesh Rawal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2013, 15:50   #1288
BHPian

Under 15 sec: I usually just keep my foot on the brake
Over 15 secs: I pop it in Neutral (after coming to a stop) and keep my foot on the brake. (I've been doing this with all my cars back in the US). During traffic lights I never go to Park unless I hit one signal which I know takes upwards of 240 secs (which I avoid).

I normally never turn off the car at the lights, if I do I keep it in Park and honestly haven't tried starting it in Neutral. Probably not a good practice, but I don't see why it wouldn't start. My old Ford F350 would..
stumpz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2013, 16:15   #1289
Distinguished - BHPian

Drpudhi, congrats on your new GT TSI. Nice to know Primacy 3 ST tyres are found good on your TSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
One suggestion – You should’ve just posted a couple of pictures of the car alone, instead of those with black-masked faces
Completely agree with you. Firstly, why post pictures of people and then mask their face out? Looks totally ridiculous (no offense to Drpudhi)

Just posting pictures of car should have been enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
though i get a mild heart ache with the per litre price being 103.99
INR 104/Litre is just mild heart ache? Man, you sure have deep pockets
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2013, 16:48   #1290
BHPian

Sorry, for posting back to back. Just trying to clear every doubt.

Few more questions
Cooling down Turbo:
Do I need to wait for few minutes before switching off the engine??

Engine and Transmission protector:
In the "Owners manual" I have read that VW provides Engine protector(under body protector) along with transmission protector for an extra cost. Any idea about this(e.g. price)??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks