Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2013, 13:45   #1366
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpz View Post
Over the weekend had to make an early morning run to the airport and in the still of the night, with no external noises, I realized there is a rattle in the engine bay in 1st and 2nd gear. It sure does sound like some metal pipes rattling against the body somewhere inside the engine bay. No noise on gears after 2nd. The vibration harmonics must be just right that it makes some rattling noises.

A number of interweb searches have numerous discussions on the same rattle. Need to check this evening if I can locate the AC pipes and fix it. I will post what I find. If it's a simple touching of pipes against the body, some heavy rubber (similar to the ones that are between the hood and the body to prevent vibration) squeezed inbetween the pipes and the body should solve the problem (did this on the STI ages ago).
Thats how mine started, till it got worse going upto 5th gear, especially when rev match down shifting in S mode. Take it to the dealership to get it fixed.
Old 9th December 2013, 16:19   #1367
BHPian

DIY Fix here-
http://forum.mypolo.nl/polo-v-6r/361...oplossing.html

Dealer Fix is in image -
prithwi-81 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th December 2013, 22:35   #1368
BHPian

Prithwi don't you think it's time to put up a review of the Pete's remap you installed for us team-bhp members ?
Old 11th December 2013, 01:22   #1369
BHPian

Its up on my ownership thread JD.. hows ur new GT TSI treating you?
Old 14th December 2013, 11:34   #1370
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahilkhurana View Post
I don't see the GTI coming anytime soon but i think it will north of 2.0 Lacs over the current GT TSI.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post
I think 2 lacs is a really conservative estimate. Just the increase in excise will be 1 lac more. Add to that the costs of a 1.4 TSI and the twin charger it comes with in the GTI. Then the bits and pieces with better safety equipments that the 180 bhp demands, the costs will touch the range of a jetta for sure.
well i guess then my best bet is to buy a GT Tsi and add Paddle Shifters to it. The only things i really miss are the paddle shifters. Any idea of how much it would cost fit them ? do i have to change the entire steering or can the paddle shifters be added to the stock steering wheel ?

thanks.
Old 14th December 2013, 15:28   #1371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
. Any idea of how much it would cost fit them ? do i have to change the entire steering or can the paddle shifters be added to the stock steering wheel ? thanks.
I checked with vagtune they are quoting 66K for MF GTI steering. Based on my limited research, it seems that the complete steering wheel needs to be replaced. This one is smaller and much better to hold, I think few bhpians already have it, Robi and Prithwi.
Old 14th December 2013, 21:36   #1372
BHPian

Quote:

well i guess then my best bet is to buy a GT Tsi and add Paddle Shifters to it. The only things i really miss are the paddle shifters. Any idea of how much it would cost fit them ? do i have to change the entire steering or can the paddle shifters be added to the stock steering wheel ?

thanks.
Retrofit is not possible sadly, already explored. You can get the jetta wheel which is local on the jetta tdi at. It fits too. And its cheaper I suppose. Will need airbag also.
Old 14th December 2013, 21:56   #1373

Quote:

thanks.
I imported a MFSW with paddle shifters with airbag from Mexico, ordered it via EBAY. Cost me 450$+80$(shipping)=530$ plus customs duty. Got it fit from Authorized VW service center in Mumbai for 480 Rs. hope this information helps. cheers
Leo_Rulez is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2013, 22:23   #1374
BANNED

so option 1 is to get the jetta steering wheel which will be the same as gt tsi but will include built in paddle shifters. additionally I'll have to purchase a new set of airbag as well.

And the 2nd option with be to get the gti steering wheel. It will have paddle shifters built in and also a flat bottom and no need to purchase a new set of airbags.

have I been able to correctly conclude it ?
Old 16th December 2013, 14:58   #1375
BHPian

Slightly off-topic - but if Ford releases the Fiesta in 2014 with the 1.0 L EcoBoost Engine + 6 speed PowerShift dual clutch transmission - wouldn't that combination be far superior to the Polo GT TSI or the Vento TSI AT?
Consider the pluses -
1. The Ford EcoBoost 1.0 L engine is more efficient and more refined than the VW 1.2 TSI. The Ford EcoBoost 1.0L is an award winning hi-tech engine.
2. Combined with Ford's 10 year warranty backed dual clutch PowerShift auto transmission. VW's DQ200 seems to be plagued with problems... and the way VW seems to be addressing this issue seems dodgy and does not inspire confidence
3. Although Ford's ASS is not in the same class and category as Honda/Toyota/Maruti, it is still miles ahead of VW's ASS

Considering the above 3 - why would an enthusiast consider the Polo TSI at all and not go for the 2014 Ford Fiesta with the 1.0 L EcoBoost + PowerShit?

I would love to hear differing / contrarian and supporting opinions on this
Old 16th December 2013, 23:12   #1376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssenhyd View Post
Slightly off-topic - but if Ford releases the Fiesta in 2014 with the 1.0 L EcoBoost Engine + 6 speed PowerShift dual clutch transmission - wouldn't that combination be far superior to the Polo GT TSI or the Vento TSI AT?

Considering the above 3 - why would an enthusiast consider the Polo TSI at all and not go for the 2014 Ford Fiesta with the 1.0 L EcoBoost + PowerShit?

I would love to hear differing / contrarian and supporting opinions on this
The question is, will it ever come? Ford has not provided us anything exciting since the Fiesta S. They make cars that handle like on rails but power it using lethargic motors which totally beats the cause. They even play the downsizing and under-powering game which ends up building mediocre engines which do not provide the claimed efficiency not is fun to drive, what a pity!

The Figo has been around for close to 4 years now and not even once have Ford thought about powering the amazing chassis to cater to the enthusiasts. They should have killed the boring 1.2L P engine and instead plonked in the 1.0 ecoboost in there, and the new 1.5 TDCi should have replaced the stone age 1.4. No, they did neither. So if you have the cash now and is looking out for some thrills, get the Polo GT or a Linea T-jet, else wait endlessly till Ford wakes up and see what VW has done with the Polo and Fiat with the Linea.

Last edited by jayded : 16th December 2013 at 23:14.
Old 17th December 2013, 09:48   #1377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
The question is, will it ever come? Ford has not provided us anything exciting since the Fiesta S. They make cars that handle like on rails but power it using lethargic motors which totally beats the cause. They even play the downsizing and under-powering game which ends up building mediocre engines which do not provide the claimed efficiency not is fun to drive, what a pity!

The Figo has been around for close to 4 years now and not even once have Ford thought about powering the amazing chassis to cater to the enthusiasts. They should have killed the boring 1.2L P engine and instead plonked in the 1.0 ecoboost in there, and the new 1.5 TDCi should have replaced the stone age 1.4. No, they did neither. So if you have the cash now and is looking out for some thrills, get the Polo GT or a Linea T-jet, else wait endlessly till Ford wakes up and see what VW has done with the Polo and Fiat with the Linea.
Ford has already released the Fiesta with EcoBoost 1.0L and 6 speed PowerShift in europe.
http://www.team-bhp.com/news/interna...ost-powershift

Here is a link to Ford UK where they are offering Fiesta with the EcoBoost 1.0L engine + 6 speed PowerShift dual clutch auto transmission http://www.ford.co.uk/Cars/Fiesta/Pe...ce#primaryTabs

Here is forum posting that mentions that Ford is launching or launched this combination in Malaysia - an Asian developing country auto market similar to ours..
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...ml#post3318474

Hence it might be just a matter of time before it is launched in India
Old 17th December 2013, 10:28   #1378
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Slightly off topic. I've noticed something that I hadn't noticed ealier. A Hissing sound. Let me explain the scenario, which I've repeated all this week and wanted anyones' opinion on.
Quote:
Will check and report back my findings.
Hi Suresh,
Were there any other follow up findings on this 'hissing' sound. Noticed it happening in my car also
Old 17th December 2013, 11:27   #1379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Hi Suresh,
Were there any other follow up findings on this 'hissing' sound. Noticed it happening in my car also
Hi Rajeev. Went to the dealer and got looked at and the end result was, "it's normal". I checked a few cars there as well and they do make the noise. Surprisingly some of the older models (both Vento/Polo) don't make the noise.

After searching the intraweb, it's probably the AC system normalizing pressure as the same issue is being discussed in the VW, Audi and Seat boards as well.

Personal observation:

AC-on in AUTO mode: Hissing is there for over 2 mins after car is shut down
AC-on in non-AUTO mode: Hissing is there for about 1 min
AC-off no hissing
AC switched off for the last 2-3 kms before stopping, No hissing.

Based on the above combinations and analysis, I would stick to it being something with the AC. Do check your car if the hissing shows up even with the AC off. I think at this point, getting combinations and data-points together may help.
Old 17th December 2013, 11:47   #1380
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
After searching the intraweb, it's probably the AC system normalizing pressure as the same issue is being discussed in the VW, Audi and Seat boards as well.

Personal observation:

AC-on in AUTO mode: Hissing is there for over 2 mins after car is shut down
AC-on in non-AUTO mode: Hissing is there for about 1 min
AC-off no hissing
AC switched off for the last 2-3 kms before stopping, No hissing.

Based on the above combinations and analysis, I would stick to it being something with the AC. Do check your car if the hissing shows up even with the AC off. I think at this point, getting combinations and data-points together may help.
Thank you. Will keep a watch on this. I think today morning when I parked I did not notice the sound (I had not put on the AC). Will check once more and update.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks