Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2014, 16:46   #1426
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
Imho, the premium feul is a must for all turbo cars, it makes a night and day difference. If you cant afford 97 atleast stick to 93 or speed.
According to http://www.bharatpetroleum.in/wheels...asp?from=wheel Speed97 also contains additives, and generally auto manufacturers warn customer "not to use fuel with the additives"
Quote:
Speed 97 is a unique blend of high-octane petrol with specially designed components. It also contains world-class multi-functional additive, which enables high performance vehicles to deliver their designed outputs by removing harmful deposits from all fuel metering systems and components. Speed 97 is formulated for those who care about their car, it's a petrol as advanced as today's latest high performance engine and comes from years of research into what drivers really want from their cars.
Shell also does not seem to be having high octane petrol. They just have premium petrol which has additional additives(and not higher octane)(http://www.shell.com/ind/products-se...oad/fuels.html)

Any idea where can we get high Octane(97) petrol without the additives?

While looking for the high-octane fuel in the internet, I came across an interesting article "why you should fill the full petrol tank"(http://www.shell.com/ind/products-se...-benefits.html)
No Fuel Loss
Empty space in the tank leads to higher fuel loss due to evaporation through the tank's ventilation system. A full tank minimizes that.

I was not aware of this!
Old 10th January 2014, 17:32   #1427
BHPian

Mosy modern cars take care of this thru their EVAP systems. All VAG cars have them
prithwi-81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2014, 19:32   #1428
BHPian

i read somewhere that speed 97 is actually 95 octane and some pumps in delhi are selling 93 octane fuel i think its indian oil.

i recently read in this months autocar regarding the showdown between the TSI and TDI and in the 0-100 times the TDI seems to be .20th of a second quicker to 100 than the TSI but whats confusing is this:- was the TSI being driven in D, S or Manual? because on each mode the times should be different. and with higher octane fuel the 0-100 would be less than 10 seconds.

further the TDI suffers from lack of ESP considering all that torque and really inadequate braking.
Old 11th January 2014, 19:43   #1429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironager View Post
but whats confusing is this:- was the TSI being driven in D, S or Manual? because on each mode the times should be different.
Whether in D or S, if the accelerator is floored, the engine will rev till the redline before shifting. So I don't think that's going to make a difference.
Suraj25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2014, 19:43   #1430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
According to http://www.bharatpetroleum.in/wheels...asp?from=wheel Speed97 also contains additives, and generally auto manufacturers warn customer "not to use fuel with the additives"
Fuel additives are added to the fuel to improve the octane rating of the fuel therefore you will not find high octane fuel without additives.

if the manufacturer recommends using a certain octane fuel then only that fuel should be used to get the most performance out of the car. Use of lower octane fuel also leads to premature detonation which is bad for engine longevity.

In the case of the TSI VW recommends min 95 octane therefore using lower octane fuel will result in diminished performance.

In the case of the Honda Civic (its detuned to 134 BHP as opposed to 140 in the international market) Honda recommends to use normal unleaded fuel. I have experimented with 97 octane in my honda but there seems to be no difference whatsoever in performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraj25 View Post
Whether in D or S, if the accelerator is floored, the engine will rev till the redline before shifting. So I don't think that's going to make a difference.
nope.

In D ( fuel economy mode) the gears will change early to conserve fuel.

In S the gears change right at the redline.

Manual is same as sports or D depending on driving style

Last edited by moralfibre : 14th January 2014 at 12:07. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use EDIT/Multi-Quote feature instead of typing one post after another withing 30 minutes
ironager is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2014, 19:55   #1431
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
nope.

Manual is same as sports or D depending on driving style
I'm not sure about that. With your foot planted whether in D or S the gears are changed at the redline.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2014, 20:43   #1432
BHPian

Quote:

What you're saying happens during half throttle or a little more than that.
Speaking from experience :P
Old 11th January 2014, 21:50   #1433

Since a week I am getting a metallic rattling noise in my Polo GT TSI.

This noise is very audible on bumpy roads and only happens when then car is changing gears .

I am certain that it is coming from the gearbox as I tried this with manual mode and the noises only appeared when I shifted .

After searching about this problem extensively , I just got the answer that "This noise is common in VW 7 Speed DSG gearboxes "

I find this very hard to digest as my car is only 5000 kms old and has been running since six months only.

I am gonna take the car to the service station in a few days.

This gearbox is known to be notorious , I am worried.

Does anyone's Polo GT TSI make similar noises ?
And can anyone please tell me what might be causing this noise ?

The noise in my car is the same as the one in these videos.

Old 11th January 2014, 23:47   #1434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Since a week I am getting a metallic rattling noise in my Polo GT TSI. This noise is very audible on bumpy roads and only happens when then car is changing gears . I am certain that it is coming from the gearbox as I tried this with manual mode and the noises only appeared when I shifted . After searching about this problem extensively , I just got the answer that "This noise is common in VW 7 Speed DSG gearboxes " I find this very hard to digest as my car is only 5000 kms old and has been running since six months only. I am gonna take the car to the service station in a few days. This gearbox is known to be notorious , I am worried. Does anyone's Polo GT TSI make similar noises ? And can anyone please tell me what might be causing this noise ? The noise in my car is the same as the one in these videos.
Prithwi-81 has already quoted this - the fuel lines are rattling against the body. This is a known problem and can be solved at the VW workshop.

Last edited by moralfibre : 14th January 2014 at 12:08. Reason: Trimming quoted post to remove youtube videos.
JishD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2014, 01:12   #1435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraj25 View Post
What you're saying happens during half throttle or a little more than that.
Speaking from experience :P
Therefore there is no difference between S and D mode. The driving characteristics of the car remain the same in both modes. Why did VW provide the S mode then as its useless.

Here is an alternative view http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=326138
Old 12th January 2014, 02:30   #1436
BHPian

S Mode allows much higher shifts and holds gear longer than D. It doesnt shift up as soon as u let go of the throttle.

As for the noise, the ones that are common in the Polo DQ200(1.2 & 1.4TSI) are
1. DSG Rattle in 1st/2nd gear (similar to video)
2. Feul rail/AC rails vibrating against the chassis line. (around 1.5 to 2.5k rpm) starts off in 1st/2nd gear, but gets worse over time and can be heard in all gears under light throttle.

DSG rattle is very rare in the Polo 1.2 TSI. What is very common is the feul and/or AC line vibrations. Easy fix.

Here is the dealer notes from a Australian 1.2TSI fix.
"Multiple pipes underbonnet and fuel lines noisy, roadtested vehicle with customer and confirmed presence of noises. Traced noise to fuel pipes rattling in chassis rail, removed pipes and insulated with foam, tested, noise now gone. Traced other noise to L/H/F chassis rail holder/clip adrift that holds P.A.S pipes. Refitted clip correctly, tested, noise now gone. Heard another noise, traced this noise to air coupipe rattling against chassis rail on R/H/S manovered pipe away from chassis, no noise evident now."

More info here- http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/foru...r-45487-4.html
prithwi-81 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th January 2014, 11:54   #1437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
I'm not sure about that. With your foot planted whether in D or S the gears are changed at the redline.
Nope. Wide open throttle in D results in up shifts at 5.5k rpm. But in S it goes till the redline.
Old 14th January 2014, 11:45   #1438
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Since a week I am getting a metallic rattling noise in my Polo GT TSI.

This noise is very audible on bumpy roads and only happens when then car is changing gears .

I am certain that it is coming from the gearbox as I tried this with manual mode and the noises only appeared when I shifted .

After searching about this problem extensively , I just got the answer that "This noise is common in VW 7 Speed DSG gearboxes "

[/url]
Any update on this issue? Did you get it checked with the dealer?
Old 14th January 2014, 13:50   #1439

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Any update on this issue? Did you get it checked with the dealer?
I took the car to the workshop today and went for a drive with the head technician to highlight a few problems.
Minor ones being the doors creaking and a small rattle from the dashboard when accelerating , and the major one being the metallic rattle while shifting gears.
He too drove the car and it was still making that noise while shifting gears.
He accepted the rattling noise and said that he'll look into it and is gonna perform the "sound test" or something like that , can't remember the exact words he used.

I'll post more updates once I get the car back.
Requiem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2014, 09:05   #1440
BHPian

Can anyone guide me as to if I can install an automatic window roll up module for a VW Polo Highline. Had no luck as yet to find such a module. Car accessory shops have informed me that, such a module does not exist both for Polo and Vento.

There is a module called KVW100, but i am not sure if it is compatible with the current generation polo and if compatible, where to get it?

Any help in this regard is appreciated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks