Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2013, 20:00   #466
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
Simple reason, about which I was apprehensive before also, is that I cannot have DSG fail on me even with warranty. It will put the car OOO for too long and just in case VW shows its bad side, I will have to pay for it
This is exactly what I was thinking. Took a TD and the car is super smooth, takes off like a jet. But in case of failures, multiple visits to the dealership is inevitable. Its sad that you don't get power, features, quality and reliability in the same product and at the right price.
Old 9th May 2013, 20:26   #467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
This is bad news for prospective Polo TSI DSG owners when VW's spokesman makes comments like these, if true - VW's DSG has problems with Asian climate and traffic; Recall initiated in Japan, China http://indianautosblog.com/2013/05/v...-climate-75182 .
One of my colleagues did share me the news today. It is definitely a worrisome news and has already made me to have a rethink on this. I thought my 8 month wait for a new car was over and now it starts again.
Old 9th May 2013, 20:50   #468
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
Just when I had thought I had finalised buying the GT. Now will have to look at amaze or i20 either of which I don't like :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmatic View Post
This is exactly what I was thinking. Took a TD and the car is super smooth, takes off like a jet. But in case of failures, multiple visits to the dealership is inevitable. Its sad that you don't get power, features, quality and reliability in the same product and at the right price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiagust View Post
One of my colleagues did share me the news today. It is definitely a worrisome news and has already made me to have a rethink on this. I thought my 8 month wait for a new car was over and now it starts again.
A manufacturer will not initiate a recall if they have not identified a solution for the issue. In that aspect it's actually good news IMO. And if something is being fixed by a recall, that problem is not expected to surface on cars rolled out after that.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 21:45   #469
Distinguished - BHPian

If this http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/foru...-41977-94.html is correct, Polo buyers have no reason to worry, and a recall of Superbs is justified. Pl look at post #935.

Last edited by Hayek : 9th May 2013 at 21:46.
Hayek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 23:38   #470
BHPian

Come on guys, why are all of the guys worried about the gear box failure when VW is offering a solution already with warranty on it?. ( i checked with sundaram motors chennai and they said extended warranty for 7600 rupees). just cheer up and ride the hot hatch without thinking too much on the failures.
MuzzledMoose is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2013, 00:02   #471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzledMoose View Post
Come on guys, why are all of the guys worried about the gear box failure when VW is offering a solution already with warranty on it?. ( i checked with sundaram motors chennai and they said extended warranty for 7600 rupees). just cheer up and ride the hot hatch without thinking too much on the failures.
Worried about VW not honouring warranty, even if no wires are cut on say speaker or headlamp upgrades.
Old 10th May 2013, 00:05   #472
BHPian

Oh then it becomes a German car with not so European attitude here. Consumer court stories will haunt them.
Old 10th May 2013, 00:09   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Oh then it becomes a German car with not so European attitude here. Consumer court stories will haunt them.
If it ever came to the consumer court then the case will run on and on. Frankly no working class person has that time or patience :(
Old 10th May 2013, 00:10   #474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For how long? and what does the fine print read?
Old 10th May 2013, 00:17   #475
BHPian

Easy way out for the naysayers. Buy a brio at, rev it past 5krpm, and enjoy the power, reliability and warranty.. oh and get blown by a Polo TSI driving by at 2k rpm. See its simple, buy the car if you can deal with the brand irregularities, like I do with 2 Lauras (TSI n VRS). Or buy a honda or toyota and call it a day. We can go on for all time with the wht ifs and why nots, but this is the equation for the Polo TSI! Yes VW is a pain with warranty, Yes the DQ200 may still have issues to iron out for our climate, yes it costs more to maintain than the Japanese cars and Yes it will also blow away anything else on the road south of 13 lacs.

If you can live with the above equation, then the polo TSI is your car. If not it isnt.
prithwi-81 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th May 2013, 00:25   #476
BHPian

The cost we pay while buying and maintaining the Germans cars is not for the metal we are buying, but its for the R&D where they constantly spend their time and money while developing new products. Before fixing the issues in previous product, they end up bringing new range of products. This is the progressive nature they have, thats why we don't see 100% reliable product from them.

If you appreciate that, buy German products otherwise leave them and live peacefully.

Last edited by tbppjpr : 10th May 2013 at 00:26.
Old 10th May 2013, 00:26   #477
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
You have a good point.

But you also have to remember that a piece of paper with 'Warranty' written on it is not going to help me when I find myself stranded in the middle of the road at 12 am because the gearbox failed. I think this is what people are most worried about.
suhaas307 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th May 2013, 00:54   #478
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I think this is what people are most worried about.
Add 40+ degree summer heat, 2 kids, a VERY VERY pissed-off wife, a ruined 5* no refund/flexibility hotel booking and a highly unimaginative boss at work who couldn't care two hoots that your beloved car's gearbox failed on your summer holiday
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2013, 00:57   #479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
Easy way out for the naysayers. Buy a brio at, rev it past 5krpm, and enjoy the power, reliability and warranty.. oh and get blown by a Polo TSI driving by at 2k rpm. See its simple, buy the car if you can deal with the brand irregularities, like I do with 2 Lauras (TSI n VRS). Or buy a honda or toyota and call it a day. We can go on for all time with the wht ifs and why nots, but this is the equation for the Polo TSI! Yes VW is a pain with warranty, Yes the DQ200 may still have issues to iron out for our climate, yes it costs more to maintain than the Japanese cars and Yes it will also blow away anything else on the road south of 13 lacs.

If you can live with the above equation, then the polo TSI is your car. If not it isnt.
The attitude that if you can live with it, its OK. Otherwise get lost, of VW/Skoda is exactly what people here are cribbing about. It's arrogant to say that if you want a good car, you have to suffer the ASS horror. Most of us just want to know why we can't have an excellent car like Polo GT and have some peace of mind too. Is it too much to ask for ?

People complaining here are not the naysayers who are searching for reasons, but rather those who vent their frustration that an excellent car comes with so many strings attached.
drpudhi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th May 2013, 06:10   #480
Team-BHP Support

If ASC is the worry, stay away from the brand, even if DSG becomes 100% reliable. Because the gearbox is not the only part which can fail. We here horror stories related to VAG ASC but at the same time we have a fair bit of satisfied owners who own cars like Vento, Yeti etc.

My suggestion - check out the car in person, do your homework, and if the feeling is positive go and put in the booking amount.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed