Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2013, 18:52   #571
BHPian

Just came back from a short TD. Mightly impressed. Have requested for another TD on Friday when I would try to have a longer drive. Before I could realize I was doing 80 on the Chennai bypass road easily. All this without bothering the throttle too much. The s mode is a scream , slotted into s midway and it was simply flying. The only worry is on the extended warranty, the SA did not have an answer. If all goes well, I might be getting the vehicle within a few weeks. Will do the booking after the clarity on extended warranty.
Old 14th May 2013, 19:09   #572
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
Extended warranties are offered through insurance companies - so it would be inappropriate for the company to talk about that in my view. The company warranty is two years.
Thanks..was not aware of that.

But I see this as being no different from 'OEM authorized aftermarket accessory' because the dealer is an integral part of the claims process.

As long as the scheme is legit, there is no harm in informing the customer about his options. I've heard sales people regularly give me BS like..."it gives superb mileage of 21 kpl sir". Something like this is lot more appreciated.

From a customer POV, this is a no brainer & and he doesn't really care where it comes from as long as the the transition from 1 warranty to another is seamless. 8K is chunk change compared to DSG overhaul

Last edited by Mpower : 15th May 2013 at 00:13.
Old 14th May 2013, 21:23   #573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringbh View Post
Your review and incredible experience should lay some of the pricing worries to rest.
Thank you. On the pricing front, all I can say is, this is what a high technology car will cost from now on. We are going to see something similar from the Fiat stables too and its gonna cost more for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringbh View Post
sure you cannot not worry about DSG. You will, once the initial Euphoria has come down.
I don't want to think of it this way. This (The DSG) should be the least of your worries when you set out to buy this car. You buy a GT for what it offers. Sure, you have to take care of that gearbox and this is where I hope VW will support its customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Can I do similar thing in tiptronic mode?
Yes.

Quote:
I never exceed 80kmph.
With a GT, you might want to once in a while.

Quote:
I just want a quiet relaxed drive.
Any which way you drive a GT, you will love this car.
Old 14th May 2013, 22:09   #574
Distinguished - BHPian

I got this message from a reliable source:

"There is no extended warranty available on Polo GT as it is a newly launched model, it would take around 60 days approx for VW to launch the extended warranty for Polo GT"
Old 14th May 2013, 22:44   #575
BHPian

No big deal as extended warranty can be purchased before expiry of original warranty in most cases
Old 14th May 2013, 22:50   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
I got this message from a reliable source:

"There is no extended warranty available on Polo GT as it is a newly launched model, it would take around 60 days approx for VW to launch the extended warranty for Polo GT"
Hi androdev,
If it is the case with respect to Warranty, should I be worried as my dealer is making me to pay for something that doesn't exist at present.
Every time the SA is evading extended warranty question and always says he will get back with info, but hasn't yet. Its not just him, even the VW customer case has tactically left my question regarding Extended warranty and has only said that DSG will be covered under their Standard warranty.
I am cutting a check for the final amount tomorrow and I think I should skip that part.
By the way I wanted a reverse camera installed, but VW accessory costs 23k+ as it includes Satnav which i dont want and as usual the SA is telling me that aftermarket reverse cam will void the electrical warranty. What do you guys suggest that I do here?
Also any recommendations on sun control film, I just want a functional film and don't mind a transparent one as well.

cheers,
D.
Old 15th May 2013, 07:11   #577
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta5 View Post
Hi androdev,
If it is the case with respect to Warranty, should I be worried as my dealer is making me to pay for something that doesn't exist at present.
Every time the SA is evading extended warranty question and always says he will get back with info, but hasn't yet. Its not just him, even the VW customer case has tactically left my question regarding Extended warranty and has only said that DSG will be covered under their Standard warranty.
I am cutting a check for the final amount tomorrow and I think I should skip that part.
By the way I wanted a reverse camera installed, but VW accessory costs 23k+ as it includes Satnav which i dont want and as usual the SA is telling me that aftermarket reverse cam will void the electrical warranty. What do you guys suggest that I do here?
Also any recommendations on sun control film, I just want a functional film and don't mind a transparent one as well.

cheers,
D.
Get a letter from the dealer or VW stating you will be eligible to buy extended warranty once it is officially launched by VW. This will protect you against any possibility of them denying you an extended warranty for cars sold prior to the launch of the ext warranty. Obviously you should not pay up front - no one even knows the price of it. In general, negotiate everything before paying the money. What you ask for after paying is called "begging" in Indian customer service - J/K but you get the message I hope :-)

Please post your experience regarding extended warranty so other members can benefit.
androdev is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2013, 08:09   #578
BHPian

Awesome review and details which has helped me deciding to purchase it. I have just booked it last evening, Red Color, now waiting for delivery. The car has it all that I wanted, Autobox, turbocharger and compact size for the city.

Any real world FE figures would be helpful to know. If you compare it with the vento TDi , which one is quicker because I am yet to drive it.
Old 15th May 2013, 08:22   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry View Post
Awesome review and details which has helped me deciding to purchase it. I have just booked it last evening, Red Color, now waiting for delivery. The car has it all that I wanted, Autobox, turbocharger and compact size for the city.

Any real world FE figures would be helpful to know. If you compare it with the vento TDi , which one is quicker because I am yet to drive it.
According to Autocar reviews, both are neck to neck in the 100kmph dash. But this car could be easier to live with in the city because of the dsg and apparently hard clutch of the Vento TDi.
shivasuma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2013, 08:26   #580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post

According to Autocar reviews, both are neck to neck in the 100kmph dash. But this car could be easier to live with in the city because of the dsg and apparently hard clutch of the Vento TDi.
Thats good to know, because I have a Vento TDi and I love it for the acceleration. i am getting back to a petrol after 7 years so it's good that I will get similar level of performance.
Old 15th May 2013, 11:03   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
I have a slightly different opinion. The Vento TDI clutch is not hard at all. On the contrary, my Polo TDI clutch is much harder in comparison. Polo 3 years old, Vento 1 year old. The 1.6 TDI is an outstanding engine. Just absolutely brilliant to drive.
NevGin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2013, 11:41   #582
BHPian

Is anyone able to get any sort of discounts at all (say Corporate) or freebies at all on Polo GT?
Old 15th May 2013, 11:44   #583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphique View Post
Is anyone able to get any sort of discounts at all (say Corporate) or freebies at all on Polo GT?
Corporate disxount of 6k has been promised at the Chennai ambattur showroom. No other discounts at all.
thiagust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2013, 11:48   #584
Senior - BHPian

Charged Air Cooler in 1.2 TSI (Air-Water Intercooler)

Thats a very nice 'n crisp short drive review and the excitement is contagious! The way you have penned it down makes me want one

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
I could not find a inter cooler too.
I'd like to add a few points here...

This engine has a different kind of intercooler setup which VW call as the "charged air cooler". Its built into the plastic intake manifold assy. Its a kind of air to water intercooler.

The interesting point to note here is that the engine cooling circuit is NOT shared between engine cooling and charge air cooling. This engine has separate cooling circuits for engine cooling and charge air cooling.

Engine cooling circuit is powered by a mechanical pump and the charge air cooling circuit is powered by a electric pump. Both circuits have separate heat exchangers (radiators) and runs independently of the other, except the common expansion tank.

Engine and Charge air cooling circuit needs to be kept separate because if engine cooling circuit is used to cool charge air it will heat the air instead of cooling it.

(PS: Do not confuse the above tech with a dual circuit engine cooling which is present in this engine as well as some other new engines where head and block has a switchable circuit which helps to attain engine operating temp quickly).

Last edited by Sankar : 15th May 2013 at 11:51.
Sankar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th May 2013, 11:49   #585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta5 View Post
Hi androdev,

cheers,
D.
I wonder if we can entirely bypass the cars wiring for low power equipment like reverse camera. Only issue would be activating the camera, one would require a independent switch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks