Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2013, 20:25   #1336
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

My cousin brother has a new 1Series 116i which he only takes out for parties or to pick up his associates from the airport "Power play I guess". It's mainly because of that I was considering the Polo TSI but it does not hold a light in front of the much more fun 116i, in fact I found a bit of 116i in the test drive of the Octavia 1.8.
Old 26th November 2013, 00:08   #1337
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jha.shailesh View Post
0-100 for 118d is 8.9 seconds and that for Polo GT TSI is 9.7, sub-second difference not really very smoky, is it? Broadly, we are saying the same thing - power, steering, safety and braking are good for 118d or rather live up to the expectations of a 30L car.

But, suspension and transmission leave something to be desired. I drove in both Eco pro and sports mode, and my observations above were while comparing ecopro with D mode of DSG, and yes the lag seemed more prominent in118, it could be delayed diesel affect or what you've mentioned above, but after that the push in the seat is something we aspire for. I think someone also mentioned, probably Prithwi, similar observations about the suspension of 3 series when having a run with gt tsi.
That's almost a difference of a second, which is a lot. Also the TSI would need 97 to achieve its claimed time while the 1 would do it on diesel from anywhere.

The suspension is tuned for handling, as in all BMWs. So if you were expecting a good ride then the A class is what you should test out. Also compared to older BMWs these current ones have great ride quality. Again all subjective, depending on what you are looking for and how much you are willing to compromise for handling. Comparing eco pro to D of the DSG IMO wouldn't be correct. Eco pro really dulls down the throttle response and makes the car absolutely boring. Comfort would have been the right mode to compare with D.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2013, 14:24   #1338
BHPian

During the weekend while driving to Coimbatore(on the Salem highway) I had hit a dog. Today I took the vehicle to the VW Whitefield for the repair.
Damages: Bumper(Right hand side), fog lamp(RHS), and wiper water storage tank.
Approximate estimate: 23K
Waiting time: 1 week
Insurance: Since I am having Bharti Axa Bumper to Bumper, the complete repair is covered(except washing charges, and 1K compulsory deduction)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Great. Please do let me know if it's available and part number, etc.
Hi Anand,
I had been to the dealer(VW Whitefield), and met the manager(responsible for the Service). He was kind enough to take me to the shop floor, and showed the under-body protection. Its called as Sumpguard(which is thick hardened plastic cover around 4 feet X 3 feet). Though this is not as strong as metal cover, this is hard enough to take care of minor under-body hits. I have asked him to the fit the same into my Polo TSi. Approximate cost for this is around 10K(6K is the cost, after that add labor charge, tax,etc). Will update you(along with the exact cost) once this is fixed.
In the shop floor saw couple of polos with the damaged sump(oil tank). So, I guess it is better to fix the sump guard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahilkhurana View Post
Update on the DSG recall:
Called SA to understand when are cars going to be called for the change. He told that VW team is visiting them this weekend to demonstrate the process. Post that customers will be intimated by VW.
Checked this with SA who was not aware of this. After this I met the manager who confirmed me that VW has informed the dealers regarding this recall, and dealers have started informing the TSi owners.
shetty_rohan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th November 2013, 14:46   #1339
BHPian

Just got a call from VW informing that my car is not affected by the DSG recall.
sahilkhurana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2013, 23:14   #1340
BHPian

Quote:
Just got a call from VW informing that my car is not affected by the DSG recall.
Not affected? Can you give some more details. Does this mean your car already has the mineral oil ?
Old 28th November 2013, 00:23   #1341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post

Not affected? Can you give some more details. Does this mean your car already has the mineral oil ?
I was in a meeting and hence not able to talk much. Later on I called up customer care to ask the very same question and was told that they will forward the query to concerned dept.
Old 28th November 2013, 19:17   #1342
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post

Hi Anand,
I had been to the dealer(VW Whitefield), and met the manager(responsible for the Service). He was kind enough to take me to the shop floor, and showed the under-body protection. Its called as Sumpguard(which is thick hardened plastic cover around 4 feet X 3 feet). Though this is not as strong as metal cover, this is hard enough to take care of minor under-body hits. I have asked him to the fit the same into my Polo TSi. Approximate cost for this is around 10K(6K is the cost, after that add labor charge, tax,etc). Will update you(along with the exact cost) once this is fixed.
In the shop floor saw couple of polos with the damaged sump(oil tank). So, I guess it is better to fix the sump guard.
Thanks.

As I am awaiting the delivery of the Polo TSi, I have been calling the dealer everyday to arrange the sump guard before the delivery so that I don't have to drive without it at all, he kept searching for the part number for more than a week and called me today to say that the sump guard is offered for the TDi only and it won't fit the TSi . Finally, I told them I want to meet one of their brilliant engineers who can explain this to me.

Can you please double check and if you are really getting a sump guard for your TSi, please share the part number and other details.

Last edited by anandpadhye : 28th November 2013 at 19:19.
Old 29th November 2013, 08:02   #1343
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks.

As I am awaiting the delivery of the Polo TSi, I have been calling the dealer everyday to arrange the sump guard before the delivery so that I don't have to drive without it at all, he kept searching for the part number for more than a week and called me today to say that the sump guard is offered for the TDi only and it won't fit the TSi . Finally, I told them I want to meet one of their brilliant engineers who can explain this to me.

Can you please double check and if you are really getting a sump guard for your TSi, please share the part number and other details.
As I have met with a small freak accident(dog hit), I have given the vehicle for the body work. Expecting my vehicle in couple of day(around 4 hopefully).
I have already asked the Manager(services) to fix the sump guard. Will definitely let you know once I get the vehicle.
shetty_rohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2013, 17:17   #1344
BHPian

Quote:
Talked to VW again on the subject and person on phone clarified that my car is indeed running mineral oil. He told that there are some GT TSIs running synthetic oil which will be called for an oil change.
sahilkhurana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2013, 17:34   #1345
BHPian

Quote:

Talked to VW again on the subject and person on phone clarified that my car is indeed running mineral oil. He told that there are some GT TSIs running synthetic oil which will be called for an oil change.
Thanks man... Can you share with me the date of manufacture of your TSI ? Did you give your vin to get this information?
Old 2nd December 2013, 18:51   #1346
BHPian

Overdrive comparison between Polo GT TSI vs Polo GT TDI http://overdrive.in/reviews/volkswag...s-polo-gt-tdi/

And the winner is GT TSi
Old 2nd December 2013, 22:16   #1347
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks man... Can you share with me the date of manufacture of your TSI ? Did you give your vin to get this information?
Manufactured in Sept 2013. Yes I gave them the VIN to get this information. Got email response as well.
================================================== ==
Dear Sir,

Greetings from Volkswagen Passenger Cars!

We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused to you.

As informed to you earlier over phone & today’s discussion with our representative, we would like to inform to your good self that gearbox in your vehicle has already got mineral oil in it.

Assuring you of our best services.

Best Regards,

Customer Care
After Sales
Volkswagen Passenger Cars India
=================================================

Last edited by sahilkhurana : 2nd December 2013 at 22:43.
sahilkhurana is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2013, 22:24   #1348
Distinguished - BHPian

^Thanks for this information. Is there anyway we can know for sure which oil the car contains? Mine is a Vento TSI manufactured 30th October.
Old 3rd December 2013, 10:55   #1349
sdh
BHPian

I also checked with VW customer care and according to them my car also has mineral oil in the gear box. My car was manufactured on 24.08.2013 according to the sticker I saw during PDI.
Old 6th December 2013, 16:33   #1350
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks.
I have got the sump guard installed in my Polo GT TSi. It costed me Rs 10,543.
Part No : 6R0825902A
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-sumpguard.jpg  

shetty_rohan is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks