Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2015, 17:39   #3106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
A couple of queries -

1. At what speed does the Sports mode shift to S7? Mine is mostly doing at S6 mode and VW service staff are telling me that it'll shift to S7 only by cruising in excess of 150kmph.
The 7th is an overdrive. S7 doesn't activate at any speed . At the limit, its in S6 around 5k rpm with no further acceleration.
JishD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2015, 19:26   #3107
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

I seem to have a bottle of Duragloss Total Performance Polish 105 that I bought few years back. Do you recommend using it on a brand new car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
Instead of going for the 3M paint protection you could buy a good sealant(e.g. Ultima paint guard plus), and try the DIY(there is a very good thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ing-guide.html). One application easily lasts for 6 months
ipsanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2015, 20:07   #3108
BHPian

Re: DSG Rattles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
I am itching to go get the car modded. The remap, B6 suspension, 16" wheels and tyres and paddle shift steering are what I've got lined up.
Hi,

I am still trying to decide between Vento 1.2 TSI and 1.5 TDI (MT). Since I will buy CL variant I am planing to upgrade to MOMO Revenge 16' but my worry is availability of tyre in 205/50/R16. Are you aware of any other tyre available in this size apart from Yokohoma S Drive?

Regards.
antardaksh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 11:09   #3109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipsanand View Post
I seem to have a bottle of Duragloss Total Performance Polish 105 that I bought few years back. Do you recommend using it on a brand new car?
According http://www.autogeek.net/duragloss-to...ce-polish.html it has got good reviews. So you could go ahead and use this on a new car.

If you are interested in DIY then please follow http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ing-guide.html. You could also post your further queries over there. Otherwise moderator might mark these as "cross posting"
shetty_rohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 15:32   #3110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi,

I am still trying to decide between Vento 1.2 TSI and 1.5 TDI (MT). Since I will buy CL variant I am planing to upgrade to MOMO Revenge 16' but my worry is availability of tyre in 205/50/R16. Are you aware of any other tyre available in this size apart from Yokohoma S Drive?

Regards.
Pirelli P7 Cinturatos are available in that size, though they are quite hard to find
lalittalwar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 18:16   #3111

Took delivery of the upgraded GT TSI on 31st Aug from EVM Perumbavoor. I flew to India (I am an NRI) for a week's leave just to take delivery of my red GT, paying extra bucks for the tickets (due to Onam festival in Kerala). As per the original plans, I was supposed to get delivery in October, but jumped at an opportunity to get one of the first upgraded GTs rolled out of the factory. It's worth all those extra money and efforts.

Already in love with this car, drove about 750 kms in just 2 days! Had to return to my workplace and now its my wife's turn to enjoy the ride in the new GT. The new upgraded version includes cruise control, automatic ORVM and a cooled glove box. Planning for some modifications during my next visit in October. Will post some pics soon.
gttsian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 17:59   #3112
BHPian

After about 2-3 months of owning the GT TSI and experiencing the driving pleasure, it decided to please me with its other side - frugality (well, efficiency at least!). I drove from Powai to Thane via the Eastern Express Road, late at night around 11.30 pm post a dinner meeting. It's a 15 km distance, and the road was relatively congestion free, though not deserted. I had to stop only at two signals. After the delectable meal and fruitful meeting, I was in a mood to drive smoothly, with light foot. It was enough to maintain a constant 65-70 kmph and I didn't feel like overtaking (which is so rare in this machine). As I entered into Thane, I noticed the fuel efficiency display for trip starting to create magic. It was around 15-16 till then, and over the last 5 km or so, kept constantly pushing up, first into the 17s, then early 18s, and finally settling at 18.6, with a slight blip of 18.7. Wow, 18.6, to that's what this machine is capable of, if the road is clear, and one drives sedately, though not necessarily slowly.

The best I had achieved before this was when descending from Lonavala till Panvel via the expressway, around 16 kmpl. The difference this time was maintaining a constant speed, without the surge to cover the vacant road ahead and overtake by pressing the accelerator. I don't know if I'd like to drive this way always (that's not what TSI was designed for), but good to know what it can achieve. And importantly, getting result in excess of the ARAI of 17.2 suggests that I am getting attuned to the DSG's dynamics. It's always good to feel related to the vehicle you drive and this is one aspect of it!
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-image.jpg  

Old 8th September 2015, 18:19   #3113
BHPian

Booked a GT TSI for my wife. She currently drives a honda city the 77bhp idsi one. We had rejected almost all premium hatchbacks. One TD of the GT TSI and both of us were sold. The SA did not had to work an iota for sealing the deal .
My wife loved the night blue colour but the GT is not avaialble in that colour. We booked Carbon Steel grey as our SA told us that GT comes in only two colours White and Carbon Steel. Obviously he is wrong since our bhpian gttsian has just picked up a Red GT TSi.
Now when i downloaded the New Polo brochure it says GT comes in White, Red and Silver. Called the SA again to confirm. He confirmed back with the company that Carbon steel grey is available in new polo GT. I am super confused now .
Can anybody confirm the colour options for the new polo GT Tsi please.
Old 8th September 2015, 18:53   #3114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
GT was available in only three colours, pure white, carbon steel and red at least till couple of months ago. Don't know if any new colour has been added or subtracted. Haven't seen any other on road. ONon GT variants come in more colours.
Old 8th September 2015, 21:11   #3115
BHPian

VW has updated the Polo GT e-brochure.

PoloGT-ebrochure.pdf

It's been couple of days since I got my White TSI. Thoroughly enjoying it driving around the city. Among the new features I find the ORVM joystick button with mirror fold option extremely fragile. Every time I operate it, it feels like it might come out at any time. Not sure if its just me or this is how its always been.
Made few changes to the car(only aesthetics for now). There is a highway trip coming up later this month, will try out cruise control and will post my experience after I do more miles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
Not sure which brochure you looked at, I don't think there are any colour changes for the GT variants. New GT brochure doesn't talk about any colour options. I guess if your dealer claims that grey is available then he is the best source right now as VW site is never upto date.

Last edited by BlueEyes : 8th September 2015 at 21:39.
Old 8th September 2015, 22:31   #3116

I think it's a good time to comment on the transmission given the last few posts have been about the 7th gear and now one on FE. One might imagine that the mighty "overdriving" 7th gear and FE to have an inverse relationship. But that's hardly the case. If anything the 7th gear is provided for the very purpose of FE and more accurately - to cruise efficiently. By product of which is higher FE, lesser engine wear and tear etc. If I am not wrong, our beauties cruise at 80kmph @1800 rpm in the 7th. That's very low compared to conventional 5 speeds. Which is why if you are a GT owner who is using the car on a long highway trip, seeing numbers around and even excess of 20kmpl should not be surprising. Also why you will never see a S7. I am surprised a few were able to get it in S6. I think 5-6k rpm on a S5 should take you well above 120-130 kmph. Ive once been at around 100kmph in a D3 kickdown
I have used the OBD a bit, its a shame we don't get selected gear data from it. Its easy enough to extract though along with the gear ratios. In D almost all up gear shifts happen at 2k. Any idea on this? Atleast the final drive ratio?
rohn52 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2015, 07:46   #3117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes View Post
VW has updated the Polo GT e-brochure.

Attachment 1412007

Not sure which brochure you looked at, I don't think there are any colour changes for the GT variants. New GT brochure doesn't talk about any colour options. I guess if your dealer claims that grey is available then he is the best source right now as VW site is never upto date.
Here is the updated brochure. Please refer page 11 last line.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf polo_ebrochure.pdf (4.41 MB, 810 views)
Old 9th September 2015, 09:02   #3118
BHPian

Thanks for pointing that out. I find it very silly, they put out GT colour options on the common Polo brochure but forgets to mention the same on GT brochure itself
Old 9th September 2015, 13:07   #3119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohn52 View Post
I think it's a good time to comment on the transmission given the last few posts have been about the 7th gear and now one on FE. One might imagine that the mighty "overdriving" 7th gear and FE to have an inverse relationship. But that's hardly the case. If anything the 7th gear is provided for the very purpose of FE and more accurately - to cruise efficiently. By product of which is higher FE, lesser engine wear and tear etc. If I am not wrong, our beauties cruise at 80kmph @1800 rpm in the 7th. That's very low compared to conventional 5 speeds. Which is why if you are a GT owner who is using the car on a long highway trip, seeing numbers around and even excess of 20kmpl should not be surprising. Also why you will never see a S7. I am surprised a few were able to get it in S6.
S6 is doable if you get an empty stretch of road and do unmentionable speeds! I've never seen S7 yet and probably never will.
In the 'D' mode, the gear-shifts happen almost always around the 2k rpm mark. And I can vouch for the FE hitting an eye-popping 23.8 kmpl during one of my Pune-Mumbai runs (remember you are going down-hill that aids FE to a large extent). This was a sedate drive never going above the 2k rpm mark and at best hitting the 100 kph mark. A bit of spirited driving mixed, the FE falls below 20 kpl but still is astoundingly good. And each time the FE records above 20 kpl, I pat myself on the back for a brilliant purchase :-). Nothing like the TSI in the market today, this side of 10 L.
Old 9th September 2015, 13:22   #3120

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi,

Regards.
antardaksh, please do check with the SA on upsizing. I booked a TSI CL, on enquiring for alloys, agents recommendation was to stick to VW originals and did put in a caveat that any deviations could have an affect on Warranty.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks