Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2017, 23:37   #4471
BHPian

DSG Manual override

Hi,

This might be useful for folks with DSG and dead battery. To switch from parking mode to neutral with dead battery you will need to access manual override switch. This is hidden beneath the chrome gear lever cover. You can remove this cover using trim removal tool or rewards card.

Following is picture of this switch(yellow) beside gear lever.

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-manualoverride7dsg.jpg

Regards.

Last edited by antardaksh : 23rd March 2017 at 23:38.
antardaksh is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 14:14   #4472
BHPian

Re: DSG Manual override

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi,

This might be useful for folks with DSG and dead battery. To switch from parking mode to neutral with dead battery you will need to access manual override switch.
Thanks a lot for the post. So what do you do with the yellow thing: push it / pull it / nudge to side?
Old 24th March 2017, 21:37   #4473
BHPian

Re: DSG Manual override

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Thanks a lot for the post. So what do you do with the yellow thing: push it / pull it / nudge to side?
Hi Guite,

You need to press that yellow tab and move gear lever to neutral.

Regards.
antardaksh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th March 2017, 19:04   #4474
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

I have been a dormant member of this thread. Owned a GT TSI since Nov '13

3.5 years down the line have now covered around 35k km (low largely due to the break in my work).

My GT never was loyal to a service centre and touch wood all the 3 services I have had, never have disappointed me.

I got the car from VW Pune the one near the modern cafe (sales guy Abhijeet Shetty, if I am not wrong he still works there).
The first service was in VW Nashik in Dec'14 at 15k km. it cost around 8.5k (no wheel alignment/balancing). Post that I had a minor brake pad chip off which caused me to change the brake pads around 20k km in Feb'15.

I shifted to Mumbai in April'15 and was a dull year overall. Laziness and low running caused me to postpone my 2nd service until March 16 with 25k km on the odo. It cost me about 9k.

I shifted to Hyderabad, in April'16 and my wife has been the primary uses in Hyderabad while I slogged for my MBA. I got my third service done at PPS motors in Hyderabad.

A few observations:
1. The workshop was keen on a senior Mr Narshiman (who handled DSG vehicles only Polos, Ventos, Jettas, Passats) to handle the car. For the first time, I felt like I was given "premium" service treatment.
2. The SA explained me everything about the service requirements and scheduled stuff. (again I knocked off the WA/Balancing)
3. He asked me whether I would be ok for a "Mechatronics" software update for the DSG. I gave him a go ahead.
4. I had lost the LHRWM to a Tata Ace. I though I would have to go for the entire assembly but only the missing parts (the lens, the body coloured plastic part and the frame holding the black and coloured part together) were replaced- I felt extremely happy about it.
5. The estimate and the actual bill matched to the T. (INR9675)
6. Vehicle was delivered as promised after an excellent job of cleaning

Post service I have observed slower shifts especially very gradual engagement of the clutch. (Yes, 2 years on the auto test engineer in me did not die).

I will be upgrading my tyres in the next 6 months (after I start earning again) mostly to 195/60 R15 (haven't finalized-will be great if there are no integration issues).

Hope this was not a uniquely good experience for the VW customers and hope everybody experiences it too.
1.2TSI7DSG is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 29th March 2017, 12:53   #4475
BHPian

Had the opportunity to TD a 2016 GT TSi recently. And what an experience that was. Enough has been said about the DSG box and the TSi motor. Could relate to everything that I have read on this forum after the TD. Could not experience the infamous D3-D2 jerk that is widely reported. The TD car had 8500 km on the odo.

I wish VW could add some of the features in the 2017 version that have now become common with most cars.....engine start/stop button, reverse camera, SatNav, LED/DRLs. Sad to see that only the alloys & tyre size have been upgraded to R16.

I'm sitting on the fence with regards to upgrading to either the GT TSi or the WR-V if it came with a 1.5 iVTEC + CVT combination in future. Currently driving a 5+ year old Swift ZDi.
fuel_addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2017, 18:03   #4476
BHPian

Hi,

Could someone with new Polo/Vento help me with following questions related to Auto Dimming mirror.

1. Does the auto-dimming switch off when you switch on dome light manually?
2. Does the auto-dimming switch off when you set the dome light to switch on when doors are opened.

It would be helpful if someone can post instructions from the user manual since I am not able to find it online.

Regards.
Old 31st March 2017, 09:40   #4477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraj25 View Post
Took delivery of our TSI last week.
Congrats on your new car. Has the ground clearance increased due to the 16inch wheels? Are alloy wheels the only change in the 2017 cars? I wish it came with the upholstery of the Allstar.
Old 31st March 2017, 10:22   #4478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
Congrats on your new car. Has the ground clearance increased due to the 16inch wheels? Are alloy wheels the only change in the 2017 cars? I wish it came with the upholstery of the Allstar.

Thank you! Yes, the ground clearance had increased post the 16inch wheel upgrade and the car looks noticeably taller than the 2016 models. The wheel is the only thing that's different in 2017 models but the polo already had good kit from 2016 onwards.
Old 7th April 2017, 15:11   #4479
BHPian

Hi Guys,
Finally took delivery of my GT, Carbon Steel Grey last week. Experience so far:

The Good:
1. Smooth shifts
2. S mode does the job of overtaking easily
3. Above average handling while cornering at high speeds
4. Suspension set-up is comfortable. Not too stiff not too soft.
5. 16 inch wheels look great
6. Goodyear rubber (I was dreading i'll get Apollo)
7. Inverted head restraint for rear passengers - No more rearward visibility issue
8. Auto dimming IRVM

The Bad:
1. Glove box rattle from day 1
2. Fuss-Fuss sound from the front suspension (Although my frineds 2013 GT had the same issue. I don't know if this is a problem or a thing with VW's suspension. Even my parents Polo has this)
3. Overtaking in D is a bit of a challenge. One has to engage the S mode or be patient.
4. Small size of IRVM

Few smaller things:
1. Fuel consumption dropped to 6.6 kmpl in bumper to bumper traffic on Friday evening while driving from Saket to Dwarka, which is around 25 kms. Should I expect this number to improve after the car has run in?
2. The horn, while isn't as loud as the earlier model is loud enough for me. Plus this one doesn't scare other people on road.
3. The brakes are OK.
4. Miss the cloth lining on the driver and passenger hand-rest on the door. Its not all plastic.

Mods planned:
1. Polo GTI steering wheel. Have taken the extended warranty. I am pretty sure that will go out of window as soon as I get this done. Any expert advice here. Plus I have not driven a polo with this steering so don't know how it feels. Purely going by the looks of it and experience of other members on teambhp (e.g. Gannu's and Frank Mehta's)
2. Center arm rest - I was driving a Civic before this and have got used to a comfortable armrest. Got to have it. Any recommended seller in India or Ali Express?
3. Speaker upgrade- Need a plug and play solution. Many people have done major upgrades with new HU+ speakers + sub woofer setup, which I am sure sounds amazing. I, however, am looking to upgrade the speakers only. Need advice if that will be the right thing to do and if it will improve quality significantly. I read in someone's post that OEM HU and after market speaker setup lacks performance. Is there a combo which works? Don't mind spending extra on better speakers.

Have not clicked photographs yet. Will share them soon.
blacknebula is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2017, 15:30   #4480
BHPian

Sales advisor at Dakshin Honda told me that VW is going to add leather seats, few other cosmetic mods, rename the GT as sports and hike up price by 28k.

Any truth to this claim?
Old 8th April 2017, 15:40   #4481
BHPian

I just noticed the EPC light remains on after the ignition is turned on. As soon as i start the car , it goes away. is this normal or shud i give the ASS a visit. Please advise.
Old 8th April 2017, 16:37   #4482
Distinguished - BHPian

Not sure, but I think that as long as all lights go out once the engine is started, then all is well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin489 View Post
Sales advisor at Dakshin Honda told me that VW is going to add leather seats, few other cosmetic mods, rename the GT as sports and hike up price by 28k.
Real leather? Or that scammy Artifical-leather stuff?

For real leather, and depending on other extras (cosmetic changes are almost always worthless), wouldn't that be quite a good proposition?
Old 8th April 2017, 16:55   #4483
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknebula View Post
Hi Guys,
Finally took delivery of my GT, Carbon Steel Grey last week...

Mods planned:
1. Polo GTI steering wheel. Have taken the extended warranty. I am pretty sure that will go out of window as soon as I get this done. Any expert advice here. Plus I have not driven a polo with this steering so don't know how it feels. Purely going by the looks of it and experience of other members on teambhp (e.g. Gannu's and Frank Mehta's)
2. Center arm rest - I was driving a Civic before this and have got used to a comfortable armrest. Got to have it. Any recommended seller in India or Ali Express?
3. Speaker upgrade- Need a plug and play solution. Many people have done major upgrades with new HU+ speakers + sub woofer setup, which I am sure sounds amazing. I, however, am looking to upgrade the speakers only. Need advice if that will be the right thing to do and if it will improve quality significantly. I read in someone's post that OEM HU and after market speaker setup lacks performance. Is there a combo which works? Don't mind spending extra on better speakers.
Welcome to the GT Tsi club. Wishing you tens of thousands of safe miles and smiles.

1. Though technically, warranty would go, if you have a good rapport with the dealership, they should support you in any warranty claims, as the steering wheel is plug and play and OEM.

2. Recently my friend got a GT TSi and got the armrest fitted by the dealership itself. Cost him about 7K. Check with your dealer. Alternately you could get it from AliExpress as well.

3. I am not an expert on speakers. Even I want to upgrade the speakers. I heard that the simplest upgrade would be to go for Focal speakers with the stock HU. Others experts on audio would be able to provide better information.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2017, 16:56   #4484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Real leather? Or that scammy Artifical-leather stuff?
Not sure. As far as I am concerned, leather is meant for shoes and belts. For car seats, I'd rather prefer high-quality fabric, irrespective of price.

After the 16" wheel gimmick, looks like VW is out for easy money by cramming in unnecessary cosmetic junk.

Quote:
Sales advisor at Dakshin Honda
Sorry, I meant to say Elite VW on Hosur road; both these dealerships are run by the group though.
ashwin489 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2017, 17:50   #4485
BHPian

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:

Any truth to this claim?

VW should rather add start/stop button, reverse camera and SatNav instead of leather seat covers.

With a 28K price hike, they are getting very close to (or crossing) the 10L ex-showroom price in most states. Wouldn't that attract higher tax?

Last edited by fuel_addict : 8th April 2017 at 17:56.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks