Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2017, 07:49   #4531
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
Its kind of silly for them to offer the TSi only in select colours, they should make it available in all of them, factory customizable of course. Its not even like the TSi is different from the regular body shell of the Polo, make the shell, put in the engine and components, interior panels and black seats and call it a day.

I for one am sick of white, since the cabbie community made inroads to the nation (pun intended) white has gone from premium to public-commuter color. Red screams for attention and looks quite racer-boyish in my opinion, the neutral colors left are metallic grey, silver, black and perhaps dark blue, these will give any car a formal, everyday look.
Extremely valid observations. IF true , VW is conveying the message that you can't own a GT TSI in metallic colours. Hitherto, carbon steel grey was the only metallic option available.
Old 18th April 2017, 17:00   #4532
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
Its kind of silly for them to offer the TSi only in select colours ...
Absolutely agree. But if they must do, then they should be unique, premium, metallic colours.
Old 18th April 2017, 17:20   #4533
BHPian

So just had a word with the sales rep through whom I bought the car. He mentioned it'll be called the GT Sport, will have leatherette seats, black roof and a spoiler like the Crest edition. And oh ya another price hike! Mechanically nothing changes. Typical of VW! with another new version, it makes my GT-TSI already two iteration old in just two months!
Old 18th April 2017, 17:25   #4534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiosity View Post
So just had a word with the sales rep through whom I bought the car. He mentioned it'll be called the GT Sport, will have leatherette seats, black roof and a spoiler like the Crest edition. And oh ya another price hike! Mechanically nothing changes. Typical of VW! with another new version, it makes my GT-TSI already two iteration old in just two months!
VW is simply flogging the almost dead horse as much as it can. Sooner or later, the horse will give up .
Old 18th April 2017, 17:35   #4535
Senior - BHPian

I talked to the dealer. My new Polo GT just arrived at the showroom. It is the same car. No changes to seats etc. Apparently there is an accessory pack for about 22K that adds these goodies.
Old 18th April 2017, 17:42   #4536
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
VW is simply flogging the almost dead horse as much as it can. Sooner or later, the horse will give up .
On a lighter note... The dead horse still gives a run for the money to every other hatch around . In my opinion it still is an aspirational car to own.
Old 18th April 2017, 17:58   #4537
Senior - BHPian

Here the pictures fresh off the oven (Factory). Just reached Bangalore. Will be taking delivery in a couple of days. The Sales person confirmed that the interiors are the same as well.

He also confirmed about the accessory pack that has Side Spoliers, Leather (Fake) covers and some side stickers (Livery), this is optional dealer fitments and can be had for about 22K as already mentioned.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-back.jpeg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-backright.jpeg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-front.jpeg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-frontright.jpeg  

Last edited by Traveler : 18th April 2017 at 18:15.
Traveler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2017, 19:05   #4538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Here the pictures fresh off the oven (Factory). Just reached Bangalore. Will be taking delivery in a couple of days. The Sales person confirmed that the interiors are the same as well.

He also confirmed about the accessory pack that has Side Spoliers, Leather (Fake) covers and some side stickers (Livery), this is optional dealer fitments and can be had for about 22K as already mentioned.
The underside of the rear spoiler in those pics looks to be in body colour and not Black as it is generally on the GT

Here is a pic of my car in the stock yard when i purchased her during the end of last year. The black spoiler is evident even though the top part of the spoiler and roof is wrapped in white paint protection material.

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-20151229_155139.jpg

In your car though, the said portion looks to be body coloured.

Cheers
prince85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2017, 19:32   #4539
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
The underside of the rear spoiler in those pics looks to be in body colour and not Black as it is generally on the GT

Cheers
That's because the red car is missing the spoiler that came with your car.

Looks like they've intentionally omitted it and have instead provided the dealership with SR kits (to be installed at the dealer level)
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2017, 19:38   #4540
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiosity View Post
... ... ...Typical of VW! with another new version, it makes my GT-TSI already two iteration old in just two months!
It doesn't matter.

But count up the face lifts, one by one, to know all the extras you'll get when you trade up to the latest model in a couple of years time!

Old 18th April 2017, 20:23   #4541
BHPian

Quote:

Here is a pic of my car in the stock yard when i purchased her during the end of last year. The black spoiler is evident even though the top part of the spoiler and roof is wrapped in white paint protection material.

Attachment 1630757

Cheers
I took delivery of my car on 3 March 2017. I posted pictures of my car, after the tyres were changed to MC5 in this post.

Both sides (upper and lower) of the rear spoiler are black. Red GT owners, kindly comment.

Last edited by asitkde : 18th April 2017 at 20:28.
Old 18th April 2017, 21:16   #4542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitkde View Post
both sides (upper and lower) of the rear spoiler are black. Red GT owners, kindly comment.
Ofcourse. I meant wrt. Pics of cars parked in the stock yard with the protective white film which covers the entire roof and hood of the car. Hence the only way to get a sneak peak of the spoiler colour is to see the underneath side of it where it's actual paint is exposed in this case. Rest we all have a complete black spoiler on the GT both sides (upper and lower)

Cheers
prince85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2017, 21:38   #4543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitkde View Post

Both sides (upper and lower) of the rear spoiler are black. Red GT owners, kindly comment.
Something is wrong somewhere.
Though I don't own a GT, am pretty much sure that only the first batch models had body-coloured mirrors and spoiler.

The latter one's had gloss-black mirrors and spoilers. Be it a GT in white, black, or red.

For reference, BHPian Schoudhory's GT TDI had gloss-black spoilers.
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-2_001.jpg

Kee revvin'
Tojo_GotBhp.

Last edited by Tojo_GotBhp : 18th April 2017 at 21:40.
Tojo_GotBhp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2017, 22:00   #4544
BHPian

Quote:
Ofcourse. I meant wrt. Pics of cars parked in the stock yard with the protective white film which covers the entire roof and hood of the car. Hence the only way to get a sneak peak of the spoiler colour is to see the underneath side of it where it's actual paint is exposed in this case. Rest we all have a complete black spoiler on the GT both sides (upper and lower)

Cheers
Got your point. Didn't read your previous post carefully. Picture of your white GT in the yard still had the protective white thingy on the upper side of the spoiler.

By the way, perhaps the body-coloured spoiler was something in the plans of VW for a while, since my SA mentioned that the rear spoiler would be body-coloured. I even mentioned this in one of my earlier posts in this thread a few days before I took the delivery. But then during the delivery I found that the rear spoiler is black painted, and the only changes are the 16" rims & tyres.
asitkde is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2017, 08:59   #4545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

By the way, perhaps the body-coloured spoiler was something in the plans of VW for a while, since my SA mentioned that the rear spoiler would be body-coloured.
I think VW have gotten the concept of "Dirty Marketing" in India now, and are just walking the path paved by the market leaders (Hyundai/Maruti). Seems like it is a simple strategy guys:

Make so much noise about the "New Features" that it actually drowns any slight squeaks/whispers about removing the existing ones!!

On the flip-side, I have a feeling that the black colour on the ORVMs and Rear Spoilers that were present on the previous GTs were actually the Black Paint that was left from the original black coloured GTs/Regular Polos, both of which were discontinued long back.

May be, VW have now used up all the 'Black Paint' that was in their inventory and hence back to body coloured stuffs!!

Last edited by Vik0728 : 19th April 2017 at 09:00.
Vik0728 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed