Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2017, 12:04   #4696
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Hello Friends,

I have to upgrade my POLO GT TSI suspension with Bilstein B6, which is best garage in and around kukatpally, Madhapur in Hyderabad ? Please advice.

- Prabhu
Old 27th July 2017, 15:54   #4697
BHPian

One of my friends is looking to buy the Polo GT TSI ? wanted to check if any model upgrade is in planned this year?
Old 27th July 2017, 16:11   #4698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazikon View Post
One of my friends is looking to buy the Polo GT TSI ? wanted to check if any model upgrade is in planned this year?
Here are some changes in the 2018 model - Though Europe, it could be similar in India.

The next generation Polo will get a number of engine options including a 1.0 litre TSI three-cylinder petrol engine that also generates two states of tunes, 93 hp and 113 hp. Another petrol unit that will come is a 1.5 litre TSI four-cylinder configuration that makes 148 hp. The engine will be mated to a five or six-speed manual gearbox or a 7-speed DSG automatic transmission, start/ stop function as well as brake energy regeneration.

Safety features in the 2018 Polo include standard features such as Front Assist Area Monitoring System with City Emergency Braking and Pedestrian Monitoring. In addition, optional features include adaptive cruise control, blind spot detection, lane change detection with rear traffic alert and semi-automated park assist. These driver assist features are expected to be available in European markets, however, India bound Polo will get ABS and dual airbags as standard.

The 2018 Volkswagen Polo is based on the A0 version of the MQB platform as the older version of Polo was based on the PQ25 platform. On the outside, the Polo will get LED headlamps with LED DRLs, a panoramic sunroof, wider tyres and a roof spoiler.

The Full article is here
http://www.financialexpress.com/auto...-india/723366/
Old 27th July 2017, 17:08   #4699
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The latest (6th Generation) Polo that was recently launched in Europe may not come to India so soon. My estimate is that India will get it only by 2020 when the current PQ25 platform may be completely replaced by the MQBA0 platform used in the 6th Generation Polo.
Apart from that, whatever are the changes, VW only introduces them in January Every year. Going by the history, at the most VW India may add some features like the reverse camera, DRL lamps, Central armrest and start stop button. Although none of these changes are confirmed, I don't expect anything more.
If these are real deal breakers for your friend, he should wait for some more months by which time we'll come to know exactly what VW will offer.
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 18:56   #4700
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
Here are some changes in the 2018 model - Though Europe, it could be similar in India.
As Hemanth has stated above, it is unlikely that India will receive the new-generation Polo any time soon. VW will look to flog the the current generation Polo (platform, et al) for another few years. This will give them time to migrate their assembly, presumably, to the MQB platform for the new-gen Polo.

The current generation Polo (Highline / GT) may receive mild tweaks in the form of LED headlights / tail-lights and other minor cosmetic changes.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 18:56   #4701
BHPian

Quote:
Well they recently provided many upgrades in the last year or so. Including 16 inch wheels. Sometimes they also have a mid year upgrade with some minor features. Most of the main features are ticked off. Also now there is a Limited Edition GT Sport with different, more pronounced spoilers, decals, black roof and black upholstery. So I think it is a good time to book.

But of course next year Jan again there might be minor upgrades along with a bump in price of say 10-20k. That cycle keeps on going..

Last edited by rageshgr : 27th July 2017 at 18:58.
rageshgr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 09:40   #4702
BHPian

I came to know that there is no longer a "GT Sport" version as the website says. We only get the regular GT with black spoiler, Sporty looking fabric seats and black upholstery. No black roof/ decals
Pacifier is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 19:33   #4703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacifier View Post
I came to know that there is no longer a "GT Sport" version as the website says. We only get the regular GT with black spoiler, Sporty looking fabric seats and black upholstery. No black roof/ decals
Good riddance, GT Sports should have been a 1.4 TSI And could have been called GT-S or even GT Sports
Old 28th July 2017, 20:33   #4704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rageshgr View Post
Good riddance, GT Sports should have been a 1.4 TSI And could have been called GT-S or even GT Sports
This is correct, I confirmed from my Volkswagen dealer today. Apparently the GT-Sports was introduced only for a limited time. I guess it was there from late April 2017 till perhaps June. The kit was for Rs. 27000/- and included the black roof, side stickers, a different rear spoiler and the Faux leather seat covers.

I was one of the unlucky few who got short-changed since they had removed the rear spoiler in April (Just before GT-Sports launch) when I took delivery. I am furious with them now as I saw that new GT TSI's again come with the rear spoiler. I have escalated this as a case of rampant discrimination with VW and waiting to hear back. You can't have the one distinguishing part of the GT-TSI removed and then added again at your whims and fancies. Especially when there was no price reduction when they removed the part.

As of today, the GT-TSI is back to the usual spec. It now comes with the Standard Black Rear Spoiler, 16 inch wheels and fabric upholstery. It even costs less than earlier due to GST benefits being passed on to customers.

Last edited by Traveler : 28th July 2017 at 20:36.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2017, 08:34   #4705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post

As of today, the GT-TSI is back to the usual spec. It now comes with the Standard Black Rear Spoiler, 16 inch wheels and fabric upholstery. It even costs less than earlier due to GST benefits being passed on to customers.
Just checked the the official website of VW website. The upgrade to 16 inch Portago alloys, made in Feb 17, is still not being reflected, either in the specs or in the e brochure of the Polo GT's. That's VW for you.
Old 1st August 2017, 13:11   #4706
BHPian

Team, a colleague of mine is interested in a 2015 Polo TSI. This one has run 12500 kms and the offer is for 3.5 lacs. This is in Chennai. He is planning to go for a TD today evening. I would like to know if the 2015 models were plagued with the DSG problems or it was already ironed out.
Expecting a quick reply guys.
Thanks in advance.
Old 1st August 2017, 13:50   #4707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Team, a colleague of mine is interested in a 2015 Polo TSI. This one has run 12500 kms and the offer is for 3.5 lacs. This is in Chennai. He is planning to go for a TD today evening. I would like to know if the 2015 models were plagued with the DSG problems or it was already ironed out.
Thanks in advance.
3.5 L for a 2 year old car is a great deal!
Only 12.5K in 2 years that too for a car which is bought to be driven! Check why.
2015 and Chennai kind of ring a bell. Double and triple check if the car was submerged during the floods.

I own a late 2015 model and not had any DSG issues. Mine has done 25K and been thru remote places in MH/Goa and numerous highway trips. Its mostly used as a highway car with 3 days a week commutes.

Do remember that CC/Folding mirrors and Cooled glove box was added somewhere around August time frame. Cars before that may not have those features.

Last edited by freedom : 1st August 2017 at 13:51.
freedom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 13:55   #4708
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks in advance.
3.5 lakhs for a 2015 Polo TSI is insanely cheap. Something is definitely wrong somewhere. Please check in great detail.

On dsg issues, nothing has really changed from the time of release. VW says issues are sorted, but they have been some issues reported. So there is no guarantee that there will not be any issue. It is a risk one has to take when buying a TSI dsg.

But once again, 3.5 lakhs sounds fishy.

Edit: Good point on the flood damage by freedom above. High chances. No way anyone would sell a issue free TSI for 3.5 lakhs.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 1st August 2017 at 13:57.
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 14:10   #4709
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks in advance.
Steer clear of this car. My 2015 GT TSI has done 20k and I would never sell it for even 6 lakhs, let alone 3.5.

There is obviously something wrong with it. My guess is that it's a flood-damaged car.
suhaas307 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 14:28   #4710
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Team, a colleague of mine is interested in a 2015 Polo TSI. This one has run 12500 kms and the offer is for 3.5 lacs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Double and triple check if the car was submerged during the floods.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
]Edit: Good point on the flood damage by freedom above. High chances. No way anyone would sell a issue free TSI for 3.5 lakhs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Steer clear of this car. My 2015 GT TSI has done 20k and I would never sell it for even 6 lakhs, let alone 3.5.
Curious. If there is something wrong, why would someone sell the car at a price that screams something wrong? Wouldn't a seller either try to cover up and get full price, or state up-front, half-price because z, y, and z.

At that price, I guess one could afford a new gearbox if necessary. I wonder if the car is still under [extended] warranty?

One thing for certain: your colleague should get (and the seller agree to) a checkover by an independent engineer. I would always do this, even if buying from a trusted, known person.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 1st August 2017 at 14:30.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks