Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2019, 03:12   #5926
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by namanchaudhary View Post
The local dealer is offering a 25-30k discount + arm rest which comes in highline plus + a rear parking camera. Should I wait or just go for this one?
That's a steal man! Discounts for the GT are non existent in Bangalore. Dealers make it seem like you're buying a Rolls!
Old 4th April 2019, 06:44   #5927
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The local dealer is offering a 25-30k discount + arm rest which comes in highline plus + a rear parking camera. Should I wait or just go for this one?
That is a big surprise - a GT TSi being offered that much discount. Get the VIN number and make sure it is not a very old stock. If genuine, this is a very good offer and you should take it.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2019, 07:08   #5928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
That is a big surprise - a GT TSi being offered that much discount. Get the VIN number and make sure it is not a very old stock. If genuine, this is a very good offer and you should take it.
Quoting my post from another thread, I too got a handsome 50k discount specially on latest model manufactured in MY19. But you are absolutely right as apart from this dealer no one else even bothered to talk on discount part. They were like "Saar GT TSI is a special car it doesn't carry any discount".

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Thanks a lot bhpian DPetrolHead for pitching in and getting me a nice deal on Polo GT TSI from Volkswagen Rajdhani, Delhi. Got 50k discount and reverse parking camera as a goodwill gesture. It is exactly 10.50L on road Delhi registration +5k for centre armrest. The model will be MY19 not 18, opted for the signature red shade. Expected delivery to be in end of Feb as requested by me otherwise can be delivered within 7-10 days max.

Thanks all for replying. Will post about test drive experience of other cars later.
roby_dk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th April 2019, 21:55   #5929
BANNED

Discounts are definitely there. 2019 manufactured cars have 20-25k off, and 2018 manufactured MY19 cars have easily 50k off. I booked mine for 9 lacs ex showroom after a simple 5 minute negotiation with the dealer. Do note that in 2018 actually the ex showroom was 9.39 and now it is 9.58. Overall I got the car on road with registration in Ludhiana and insurance on my own for just under 10 on road. Not bad considering the tin cans are also 10 on road for a CVT
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2019, 22:43   #5930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Discounts are definitely there. 2019 manufactured cars have 20-25k off, and 2018 manufactured MY19 cars have easily 50k off. I booked mine for 9 lacs ex showroom after a simple 5 minute negotiation with the dealer.
Exactly. I just entered the showroom and had a little discussion and within 5min I got the discount, the arm rest and the rear camera. The discounts on '18 variants were too good to be true.
He seemed to be pushing the the Lapiz Blue colour alot "Sir, aap look dekhiye. aap ismei beth kr dekhiye aap pr suit bhi kr rha hai ye colour"
I asked for Carbon Steel, he said it's discontinued. I pushed a bit saying that people are still getting 2019 Carbon Steel delivered. He came back after a good 10min discussion with his senior with "Hojaega sir, aap book kro"
namanchaudhary is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2019, 22:59   #5931
BANNED

Quote:
Exactly. I just entered the showroom and had a little discussion and within 5min I got the discount, the arm rest and the rear camera. The discounts on '18 variants were too good to be true.
He seemed to be pushing the the Lapiz Blue colour alot "Sir, aap look dekhiye. aap ismei beth kr dekhiye aap pr suit bhi kr rha hai ye colour"
I asked for Carbon Steel, he said it's discontinued. I pushed a bit saying that people are still getting 2019 Carbon Steel delivered. He came back after a good 10min discussion with his senior with "Hojaega sir, aap book kro"
I'm sorry I forgot to add, my negotiation was purely on the phone. Told him I'll book at 9 ex showroom and i got a call back in 5 mins.
And agree with your dealer, the Lapiz Blue is a looker and attracts eyeballs everywhere. Congrats on your booking!
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2019, 20:40   #5932
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys!!

As mentioned in my earlier post, we took delivery of our 2019 Lapiz Blue GT TSI on 15th March. The car is driven by my mother-in-law and she has found two things to be irritating her:

HORN
The car comes with only a single tone horn unlike the dual tone horns that used to be stock on the Highline variants. My 2011 Polo 1.6 came with the dual tone horn as stock.

I believe the GT TSI comes with the high tone and has the low tone missing (or is it the other way round?); not sure. I am however told that the socket for the other horn is hidden behind the right side headlight. Any confirmation on this?

REVERSE CAMERA
The car comes with the RCD330G or RCD340G? Which one is it? The primary question though is whether a reverse cam can be attached to the stock headunit and will the reverse image appear on the screen of the headunit?

Any idea on where I can purchase a reverse cam for this headunit? It need not necessarily be the flip cam; the regular number plate light cam will do as well.

All help will be highly appreciated.
Old 7th April 2019, 21:20   #5933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Hey guys!!

As mentioned in my earlier post, we took delivery of our 2019 Lapiz Blue GT TSI on 15th March. The car is driven by my mother-in-law and she has found two things to be irritating her:

HORN
The car comes with only a single tone horn unlike the dual tone horns that used to be stock on the Highline variants. My 2011 Polo 1.6 came with the dual tone horn as stock.

I believe the GT TSI comes with the high tone and has the low tone missing (or is it the other way round?); not sure. I am however told that the socket for the other horn is hidden behind the right side headlight. Any confirmation on this?

REVERSE CAMERA
The car comes with the RCD330G or RCD340G? Which one is it? The primary question though is whether a reverse cam can be attached to the stock headunit and will the reverse image appear on the screen of the headunit?

Any idea on where I can purchase a reverse cam for this headunit? It need not necessarily be the flip cam; the regular number plate light cam will do as well.

All help will be highly appreciated.
The horn is a 3000 rupee accessory at any showroom. Takes about 10 minutes to install.

The owners booklet will specify which HU you have. You can figure out the camera part from there. There is a YouTuber called Shailendra or Classic Car Radio in Delhi who offers a lot of cool OE type mods for VWs, you might find it interesting.
Viraat13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 11:20   #5934
BHPian

Quote:

HORN

REVERSE CAMERA
The low tone horn will be installed behind the right fog lamp.it will Rs 1500 from the service centre. just ask them to install additional low tone horn for polo and they will do the needful for you.

Reverse camera can be attached. Ask your dealership to help you out in this.
sagpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 12:27   #5935
BHPian

I have had a strange issue. Till recently, I had been issuing my Nexus 6P over bluetooth for Google maps navigation on my 2016 GT TSI which has the RCD330G. I have had no issues as such with it, except that, as with all android phones (unlike IOS) the HUD needs to be on media rather than, say Radio. Now, I had connected a Samsung S8+ to the bluetooth and when using Google maps, the volume of the HUD is forcibly muted, even if it is unmuted / volume is increased. This happened repeatedly, even after rebooting the phone, reinstalling Google maps, turning off the car and on, etc..

The same phone works properly Google maps in another car.

Has anyone faced anything similar?
Old 8th April 2019, 15:31   #5936
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viraat13 View Post
The horn is a 3000 rupee accessory at any showroom. Takes about 10 minutes to install.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
The low tone horn will be installed behind the right fog lamp.it will Rs 1500 from the service centre. just ask them to install additional low tone horn for polo and they will do the needful for you.
The service centre is willing to sell the low tone horn to me on the VIN of my Polo 1.6 and not on the VIN of my GT TSI. No issues here. However, they are not willing to install it on the GT TSI as the said model does not come with that horn. I will get it installed at at a trusted garage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viraat13 View Post
The owners booklet will specify which HU you have. You can figure out the camera part from there. There is a YouTuber called Shailendra or Classic Car Radio in Delhi who offers a lot of cool OE type mods for VWs, you might find it interesting.
Quote:
Again, not sure if the service centre will have this done for me.
Epic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 16:16   #5937
Distinguished - BHPian

My 2014 GT TSI underwent a major service last week.

The car has completed 22,000 kms in the 4.5 yrs of ownership. The car has been in Belgaum since the past 1.5 yrs and is doing duty over there. It turns out my running has now dropped to just 2.5k kms / yr with this car since that is how much it has run since last service.

During last service itself, the advisor noticed that one of the struts was leaking oil. He said that I can run it for another 5k kms without worrying. I wanted to replace, but the part wasn't in stock, so I let it be. I was sure I wanted it replaced this time and checked up on its availability before taking the car in. We put the car on the lift and sure enough both struts were leaking. I would have changed both anyway. The brakes have been juddering during high speed braking since quite long. I decided to change the discs and pads as well even though they had almost 50% life left.

Both the old struts were completely shot. THe ride had become quite jarring even with new 15" Michelin P3ST's. After the strut replacement the ride is simply superb. I don't know which make VW is fitting these days, but one difference I noticed is that the suspension does not make that phuss phuss sound while going over speed breakers or other undulations. The ride is spot on now with that perfect balance between ride and handling. The difference is night and day! I can't believe I was sufferring all these days.

The good thing is that the OE shocks are really cheap at about Rs. 6,572/- a pair. I managed to eek out a 5% discount on the struts and brakes .

The car feels brand new now. I hope the quality of the strut is improved now and it will last long. Advice to all Polo owners : Get your shocks checked. The part quality is poor in terms of its service life. Don't suffer bad ride, get it replaced, it isn't priced exorbitantly.

Attaching the service bill for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-vw-polo-service-bill0001.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-vw-polo-service-bill0002.jpg  

Santoshbhat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 16:47   #5938
BHPian

Quote:
The service centre is willing to sell the low tone horn to me on the VIN of my Polo 1.6 and not on the VIN of my GT TSI. No issues here. However, they are not willing to install it on the GT TSI as the said model does not come with that horn. I will get it installed at at a trusted garage.

Again, not sure if the service centre will have this done for me.
I think you're confusing showroom and service centre. In Delhi, the showrooms are where all the accessory work is done, and the service centre will always tell you they can't/won't do any accessories related tasks.
Viraat13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2019, 14:16   #5939
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
VW ASC has refused to install the low tone horn in my GT TSI as they say they will have to cut wires as there is no provision in the wiring harness for cutout. And cutting wiring may disqualify warranty. So please check before you proceed. My car is 2018.
Old 11th April 2019, 12:12   #5940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
VW ASC has refused to install the low tone horn in my GT TSI as they say they will have to cut wires as there is no provision in the wiring harness for cutout. And cutting wiring may disqualify warranty. So please check before you proceed. My car is 2018.
Quote:
I got the low tone installed from vw service centre in mira road. Try to contact them. They made it clear that they wont support for warranty on the additional low tone horn. The car's warranty will not be affected by this.

Most Viewed