Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2013, 06:18   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Enjoy : Official Review

Got a chance to see the ENJOY in the flesh. It looks small, similar in size to the ERTIGA. The model that makes the most sense in the 8 seater Diesel, it has power windows, and roof mounted AC too, the real plus point is the seat that folds out completely and gives access to the rear seats, the 7 seater models are a joke, with no access to the rear most seats
Old 27th May 2013, 11:07   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
And chinese tyres on the enjoy? God knows what their reliability is going to be!
I have used some Chinese tubeless tyres on one of my earlier cars and let me tell you that for the entire two years that I ran the car, they didn't even have so much as a puncture. They didn't even lose air! The tyres were Kenetica Kenda tubeless radials.

Last edited by GTO : 28th May 2013 at 11:58. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 27th May 2013, 17:25   #138

Quote:
And chinese tyres on the enjoy? God knows what their reliability is going to be!

I have used some Chinese tubeless tyres on one of my earlier cars and let me tell you that for the entire two years that I ran the car, they didn't even have so much as a puncture. They didn't even lose air! The tyres were Kenetica Kenda tubeless radials.
Ditto with me too. I used the LINGLONG tyres on my ford Ikon and since 2 years not even a puncture or pressure loss. Also the side walls are so soft that there is an added advantage in ride comfort! Best experience I ecer had on any tyres.

Last edited by Eddy : 27th May 2013 at 20:18. Reason: Fixed the quotes
Old 27th May 2013, 23:51   #139
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shypals View Post
Ditto with me too. I used the LINGLONG tyres on my ford Ikon and since 2 years not even a puncture or pressure loss. Also the side walls are so soft that there is an added advantage in ride comfort! Best experience I ecer had on any tyres.
When i visited the dealership I saw the ENJOY shod with JK. In my opinion anything is better than a JK. Now please dont pounce upon me because your JK went on for 50K kms without any issues. I would say you are lucky.

Sorry went offtopic.

So I saw JK shod ENJOY.

Last edited by GTO : 28th May 2013 at 11:56. Reason: Removing broken quote
Old 30th May 2013, 13:33   #140
BHPian

After I bought Ertiga, there were two other MPV launches in the same price bracket (Nissan Evalia and now Chevy Enjoy). Looking at them, I am happy with the Ertiga. It is any day more presentable and may be more comfortable as well.
Old 31st May 2013, 11:01   #141
BHPian

We had spotted this car some 1.5 months back on Mumbai - Pune Expressway. We did manage to take many spy shots of the car. The MPV did look dated and was struggling on the ghats. May be it was driven that way. Is this a replacement for Tavera by any chance? Then looks like we have another Taxi type car in the wings.
Old 31st May 2013, 23:07   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alokgunhal View Post
We had spotted this car some 1.5 months back on Mumbai - Pune Expressway. We did manage to take many spy shots of the car. The MPV did look dated and was struggling on the ghats. May be it was driven that way. Is this a replacement for Tavera by any chance? Then looks like we have another Taxi type car in the wings.
Yes, this one seems catering more to the Taxi-Transport kind of category. More like a people mover rather than a family car. Also the interiors seem dated and very bored. Ertiga surely in a win-win situation here.
Old 1st June 2013, 14:20   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
Got a chance to see the ENJOY in the flesh. It looks small, similar in size to the ERTIGA. The model that makes the most sense in the 8 seater Diesel, it has power windows, and roof mounted AC too, the real plus point is the seat that folds out completely and gives access to the rear seats, the 7 seater models are a joke, with no access to the rear most seats
Managed to catch a Enjoy while returning from work. It looks proportionate on the road, what I realised is that seeing an Enjoy by itself makes it look big, but when seen in traffic it looks like a taller Ertiga

The engine noise was not too audible, and it was driving along well, the lights too looked bright, overall, nice car that Chevrolet has, wonder how the market will react to it now

Last edited by TheARUN : 1st June 2013 at 14:24.
Old 1st June 2013, 14:37   #144
Senior - BHPian

I saw a Black (stickered) Enjoy in a South Delhi market parking lot last Sunday, must say it is just acceptable, nothing extraordinary, despite looking in best in Black. Ertiga looks & should perform (courtesy the VGT) better IMO.

But, since it is priced Rs.50K under Ertiga, it would definitely manage few buyers, also because of the under Rs.25K 3-Years Service Holiday package.
Old 1st June 2013, 23:02   #145
BHPian

Today I saw this Enjoy while coming back from Alappuzha, Kerala.
The van was lost in the crowd (almost every car does now a days) but if you replace the front chrome grille and put a chrome mesh grille (like in the Corolla), it would look great.

Would need to do some stickering also.

This one was fast and had a good poise. This was a straight road with a good surface. Even the rear of the Enjoy does not really look odd in the midst of other cars.

I certainly have a soft corner for this mini Van now

Last edited by figo_mba : 1st June 2013 at 23:03.
Old 3rd June 2013, 10:44   #146
BHPian

has anyone bought this vehicle?
Was really impressed with the space and am considering this buy.
Though, for me function over form plays vital role, my family would love to have a more current design.
Are there any decals released specific to Enjoy by any 3rd party vendors or by OEM itself?
turbospooler is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2013, 13:04   #147
Distinguished - BHPian

Apologies for my prolonged absence from this thread. I was on my annual vacation and this time it was a roadtrip, so not much time to get online. Thanks for all the feedback and comments- will try and tackle some of the questions posed now:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Hi @noopster & @parrys, thank you two for the good work. However, could you please advice how good or bad the 165mm (161mm-Diesel) ground clearance is, as the vehicle has a soft suspension setup.
It is certainly not bad, since we tooled about some roughish terrain without being unduly troubled. The lower GC does make the ride more car-like, which is a good thing. However, fully loaded with people and luggage, the story may be different, so urge you to please test it out for yourself!

Quote:
The plastics appear acceptable in the images, but, are they as poor a M800/ Alto/ Nano or bit like the the Wagon-R, Santro, old Swift, etc.
Quality of plastics is a moving target and I think comparisons with previous-decade cars may be a trifle meaningless. Given the competition, however, specifically the Ertiga, plastic quality in the enjoy is strictly average.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinair View Post
Nice review team! What happened to the photographer?? Photos lack the typical TBHP quality??
Thanks for the honest feedback and point noted for future reviews. The fact that one has to compete with the likes of Rudra Sen, Samurai and tsk1979 does not help!

Quote:
I cannot fathom how a 1.3 liter mill (considering almost 90% of the buying crowd will prefer diesel over petrol) can maintain speeds with all seats occupied and luggage thrown in? It would be really great if these parameters are also covered in a driving test!
You need to look beyond the engine size. The "national engine" is quite competent even in the lower state of tune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudh2s View Post
I'd be surprised if anyone buys this for personal use. We've been unfairly targetting evalia for it's looks (it looks quite nice from most angles), chevy enjoy deserves the award for the ugliest vehicle on road, if ever there was one. Autocar India can include this category too in their awards.
Really? Actually I thought the enjoy isn't bad looking from the front. But this is a matter of personal opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
I thought India has enough good Tyre manufacturers so why basic things such as Tyres sourced from China ? Does it help save a lot of costs ? I Wish to hear some clarification about so much of Chinese influence. Will it not qualify as imported and assembled in india(not completely manufactured) and hence more tax ?
The petrol TD vehicle was shod with JK Tornados of the same spec. I am not sure using Chinese tyres will save much on costs since these are budget-spec rubbers to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
Did you guys feel it running out of breath once you reached 3 digit speeds(100+)?
Yes- especially so in the petrol variant. We managed to hit 130 k's in both variants on the expressway but it was not a joyous feeling! Cruising around the three-figure mark on the open roads is your best bet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
Any news on whether they plan an Automatic gearbox variant on the Petrol?
No, but I doubt there would be much of a market given how price sensitive this segment is. Chevy is better off plonking an AT into its sedan and hatch offerings targeted at the urban commuter. I don't see too many folks driving to work in an Enjoy.

[quote=tbppjpr;3119265]Few questions:
1. Isn't there enough space between the middle row captain seats to go towards rear seat?
[quote] Yes there is. We tried this and it was a good way to get to the back row, even on the move.
Quote:
2. The speaker grill in the doors looking very small, what size speakers those can accommodate?
I need to double check this, but it looked like standard 6" speakers to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Any idea which company was the audio unit from?
Nippon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Leg room for the front passenger looks really limited. Hope its not the camera angle making it seem so.
Could be the camera angle. The front seat is where you want to be in the Enjoy. The seats are comfortable and the legroom decent.

Nice to see the first-hand drive reports pouring in. Keep posting, and if there is anything I missed, please PM me or reply in this thread.
noopster is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th June 2013, 13:47   #148
BHPian

How to not train your dragon!

Hormazd Sorabjee tweets with this
Quote:
‏@hormazdsorabjee
Scoop! Chevy Enjoy to join sub-4 metre band wagon. Shorter, 5-seat MPV expected in 2015.
Instead of getting the MPV spin, chevy decides to . Seems they are looking to rival Ecosport etc.
The articles below also suggests a significant price decrease. With the price of enjoy already being competetive, how far can they really go?

The full article is as below

http://www.autocarindia.com/News/345...act-enjoy.aspx
Old 6th June 2013, 23:05   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
The articles below also suggests a significant price decrease. With the price of enjoy already being competetive, how far can they really go?
http://www.autocarindia.com/News/345...act-enjoy.aspx
I'd rather its a good move! There is definitely a need for a mega-sized hatch. Something practical (read Economical) that'd give decent mileage & have a large boot. It'd be great to have >350-370L of bootspace. It could be something like a LARGE WagonR (With a better front grill ofcourse) with the Fiat 1.3mjd. Maybe they'll also have time to develop a 90hp version (i.e. with a VGT).

But the price should reduce atleast by a lakh, else there's no use. I doubt even taxi guys would sacrifice the spacious 3rd row for just 40k.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 6th June 2013 at 23:28.
Old 21st June 2013, 00:44   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
has anyone bought this vehicle?
Was really impressed with the space and am considering this buy.
Though, for me function over form plays vital role, my family would love to have a more current design.
Are there any decals released specific to Enjoy by any 3rd party vendors or by OEM itself?

My Uncle has got this vehicle few weeks back and is quite happy with it.He feels its value for money.Its almost Rs70,000 cheaper and lot spacious than Ertiga.

On my personal opinion:
This car cant be compared to Ertiga due to difference in price and size.The rear seat has AC vents which is a must in cities like Delhi.It is easy to switch seat from second row to the third row without stopping the car.This car is very well priced by GM Motors.It also comes with a three year warranty.

Overall if you ask me Ertiga is any day better than Enjoy.But in term of value for money i feel Enjoy is a steal.You cant get anything better than this at this price tag.

Do take test drive.You will get to know.
sidrock2004 is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks