Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2013, 12:57   #16
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Enjoy : Official Review

Thanks for the review guys. I guess the 161mm GC and long wheelbase makes this a non-starter for Bangalore roads
jaibir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 13:00   #17
Team-BHP Support

Excellent review.
Thanks Anoop and Parrys enjoyed reading the review and the pictures capture a lot of detail.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 13:02   #18
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Enjoy Launched starting from 5.49(P) and 6.69(D) Ex- showroom

I so admire and hate Chevy. Give me a fully equipped LTZ (O) variant including steering mounted controls, ACC, ABS & 2 Airbags and am sold. I just can't think of upgrading to my next vehicle without these features.

Its really irritating that except for Hyundai, we as consumers are so forced to compromise on our wants in the sub-10 lac segments! At least give me an option to pay more and get features i want.

Last edited by Nilesh5417 : 9th May 2013 at 13:03.
Old 9th May 2013, 13:08   #19
BHPian

I don't understand what's the point of bringing in cheap Chinese cars in India which in no way can compete with the competition be it in build quality or looks. I Agree that you will save money if you buy an Enjoy rather than an Ertiga, but that alone won't help in the long run. Chevy has been in the Indian market long enough and doesn't even have a single model that has the the sales chart on fire. They should stop taking these shortcuts and overhaul their approach towards India just like Hyundai did. The first generation Verna bombed here and look at how the South Korean giant returned with a bang. Unfortunately, I can see the future of Enjoy only in the cab market.
captain.torque is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 13:11   #20
BHPian

As usual, a great unbiased review, Parrys/noopster.
The Ertiga leads in most of the aspects. But the difference of around 1 lack price difference may affect the buying decision. Buyer looking for a Hatchback/Sedan can leave some goodies to get a 7-seater for a low budget.
denver85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 13:15   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Super cool review Noop and Parry

The review is crisp and detailed at the same time capturing the essential bits for us to know how it fares compared to its arch rival the Ertiga

From what I can see from the pictures, the interior quality leaves a lot to be desired especially the switches look really poor quality. No wonder they were able to price it lower than the Ertiga with these cost cuttings

Ertiga is a well rounded MPV and looks nice both from exterior and interior and being a MUL product, I personally dont feel Enjoy will be much of a competition to it.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 13:16   #22
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Superb review Noopster and Parrys!!! Going by the size and practicality, I dont think the Enjoy is going to affect the sales of the Innova (they both belong to completely different segments).

Its UV look is gonna find more buyers in the hotel industry where the Nissan Evalia has just picked up sales. The Enjoy being cheaper and wearing a Chevy badge can be an advantage.

The Ertiga will still rule the family MUV in my opinion for a medium sized MUV.
v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 13:21   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaibir View Post
Thanks for the review guys. I guess the 161mm GC and long wheelbase makes this a non-starter for Bangalore roads
Hi This is rear wheel drive, so technically the GC is measured from the lowest point in this case the rear axle housing. In the real world however, this travel with the rear wheel and so will not hit the speed breakers. So I don't think it will be a cause for concern.
figo_mba is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 13:22   #24
BHPian

Can the last row bench be folded completely? to get some more luggage space!?

I think i dint find any mention about it
Old 9th May 2013, 13:23   #25
BHPian

A very detailed review. Chevrolet should have launched this last year itself to grab a share of the UV market. The price of Enjoy should be able to rake in good numbers for Chevrolet
Old 9th May 2013, 13:32   #26
Senior - BHPian

Frankly am surprised, what makes GM think that they will be able to challenge Ertiga with this wagon? Honestly feel that they should slot it against the Winger. But even with then Winger does have a better seating capability, compared to the 7 seats that Enjoy has.

Well Done GM!!!
Old 9th May 2013, 13:32   #27
BHPian

Excellent review. Very precise and to-the-point .

Enjoy has completely missed the mark with the urban household. Clearly it is made for the taxi segment to ferry passengers to and from the airport. The glaring omissions like bottle holders or arm rest , also the captain seat arrangement in top end versions, highlight the fact that GM expects this to be driven by drivers and not the owners.

All in all a taxi material .
vikrantj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 13:34   #28
Senior - BHPian

Wow, affordable Monocoque rear-wheel drive with a petrol engine! Good times indeed for us.
Old 9th May 2013, 13:38   #29
BHPian

Nice review team! What happened to the photographer?? Photos lack the typical TBHP quality??

About the product, I somehow feel the Xylo makes absolute sense now when compared with the so called 'MPVs' and the 'buy me if you can' costing Innova!

I cannot fathom how a 1.3 liter mill (considering almost 90% of the buying crowd will prefer diesel over petrol) can maintain speeds with all seats occupied and luggage thrown in? It would be really great if these parameters are also covered in a driving test!

Last edited by vinair : 9th May 2013 at 13:49.
vinair is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 13:43   #30
BHPian

I think there should have been pictures of how much boot space is available with third row folded down. the prices though the cheapest, an after thought says it could have been lesser. It isnt a new car after all. But i think the standard version is better equipped (than ertiga LXI) for its price which includes rear AC and 4 power windows and central locking. This car surely will confuse you if not convince you. I think its space should help it score over the Ertiga. Time will tell.

Most Viewed