Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2013, 15:25   #46
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Enjoy : Official Review

I sometimes wonder who makes these decisions about bringing a particular car into India, and how much loaded it should be? GM apparently thinks, what works in China, will work in India too!
Frankly I'm disappointed with the way the Enjoy has turned out to be. Like it has been mentioned in the review, it's positioned more as an alternative to the B+ or C segments. With the looks, fit and finish and dearth of some by-now essential features, I doubt the B & C segment customer is going to look at it even with it's extra seat and lower price.
India is a price conscious market, but we want everything for a lower price tag!
kaiserketkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 15:33   #47
Team-BHP Support

Going by the number of Sail/U-Va's on the road, it looks like the Chinese have finally succeeded in entering the Indian automobile market, under the guise of a Chevrolet. Does anybody else see parallels between this and using the Trojan Horse to get around the walls of Troy?

Chevrolet Enjoy : Official Review-images.jpg

It looks like a Chevrolet, its called a Chevrolet, but its not a Chevrolet. I wonder what this will do to the brand.

Going by the specs, I expect Enjoy to be reasonably successful, like the Tavera.
SmartCat is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 15:39   #48
BHPian

+1 to KaiserKetkar's reply. I seriously wonder who takes the decisions to get such products to India. With this product being priced just 40k lower than the Ertiga, where is the value ? One would rather buy a Maruti product and buy peace of mind, rather than experiment with a cheap Chinese product.

I don't see any value offering even for the cab segment.

This is going to bomb for sure.

Slightly OT - I think the product managers at Chevrolet should be fired and they should float an opening for people like us who understand what people look for and then bring in suitable products in the market.
yogeshnagpal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 15:40   #49
Senior - BHPian

161mm GC ? is this true !!!! I first read it on ACI and felt it was a typo. Isnt that a problem with long wheel base ?

Looks like most of the components are imported from china ? Nothing wrong, but i can see the Chinese partner of GM dictating terms(Sail twins and now Enjoy).

I thought India has enough good Tyre manufacturers so why basic things such as Tyres sourced from China ? Does it help save a lot of costs ? I Wish to hear some clarification about so much of Chinese influence. Will it not qualify as imported and assembled in india(not completely manufactured) and hence more tax ?
Old 9th May 2013, 15:51   #50
BHPian

I think this is going to be another car that died while becoming one, from the Chevrolet stable.

I was planning to buy one for the space and comfort so that it could become my long distance tourer and now I don't want one.

I was OK with the bland styling, Interiors, not so great plastics and little misfits but I seriously was put off by the engine (diesel).

Is GM seriously thinking that they can sell Enjoy with 76 bhp engine at 70K INR less and people would not call their bluff ? Suddenly Maruti Ertiga seemed value to me.

There is space in the bay, People are ready to pay extra, please plonk the VGT. Otherwise this is becoming a new Tavera.
Old 9th May 2013, 15:52   #51
Senior - BHPian

Uninspiring product from the brand that once gave us solid cars like Opel Astra/Corsa/Sail..
Old 9th May 2013, 15:53   #52
Senior - BHPian

If ever there was a car/mpv launch that had 'TAXI' written all over it, this is IT. It will be loved and picked up by the Taxi market given its competitive pricing. Other than that there isn't anything much for car enthusiasts.
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 15:58   #53
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Feels like GM went cooking but were asked to rush up as customers were lined up so gave a half baked product.

It seems to expect to sell purely on pricing. Yes it may indeed do so, but frankly I think the Ertiga is a way better option and GM should have finished cooking before releasing this one.

The Top end itself is too barebones and elements like how the last and mid row seats fold etc. don't seem well though out.
ACM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 16:03   #54
BHPian

@Anoop and Parrys - this is one of the best reviews, the pictures that have been clicked a spot on. The honeycomb design inside the grill, blew my mind. Your dedication in composing some of the interior pics is commendable.

Great job guys. Rated 5 stars for those pics alone.
neofromcapone is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 16:05   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron_head View Post
BTW, Don't the innova and tavera look longer than they are? Or is it just me?
Could be the photo, as the wide angle lens tends to distort objects - especially closer to the edges.

Check the specifications comparo sheet in post #2 for the numerical comparison of dimensions.

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 16:17   #56
BHPian

Please make sure not to have the tyres over inflated. I had the tyres on my test drive vehicle over inflated and the car was all over the road while braking.

The Diesel is very responsive and it is much better than the Quanto.

It is a bit noisy and please make sure that the seatbelt does not get entangled with the seat adjusters or the seatbelt will choke you :(

It has good low end torque though there is body roll in the corners.

It has very good ride quality.
I did not find the GC to be a problem.
If anyone wants to go for the Tavera better go for this vehicle as I think it is much better and newer design

Last edited by supercars : 9th May 2013 at 16:20.
supercars is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 16:53   #57

Great Review.
Enjoyed reading the review, particularly the one which starts with "Ultra-Cheap". Enjoy would surely have its market from cab and travel services.

Cheers.
shiva_s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 17:16   #58
BHPian

Excellent review Noopster and Parrys. Pretty detailed as expected.

I got to drive this vehicle much before the official launch thanks to a relative working in GM. No way it lives up to its name ENJOY. There was nothing extra-ordinary about this car. In fact most of the plastic parts are sub-ordinary (if there's any such word). Lots of corner cutting and cheap stuff to keep the price attarctive. You can feel that once inside.

Except the little more comfy & airy seats than Ertiga (esp. third row), Enjoy loses the battle hands-down. Not sure how this will boost GM's falgging sales volumes.

Last edited by vineet_k21 : 9th May 2013 at 17:18. Reason: spelling correction.
vineet_k21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 17:20   #59
BANNED

Very good review and comparison with Ertiga.

Enjoy seems to be like a vehicle on which the word 'Taxi' is written all over it. It will just become a Tavera-competitor, IMO. They should have brought this Chevy Spin to India, which looks better and may be a better competitor to Ertiga.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Enjoy : Official Review-chevrolet_spin.jpg  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 9th May 2013 at 17:38.
romeomidhun is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 17:28   #60
Senior - BHPian

Great review. I rated it 5*. Lots of attention to detail esp. the rear view mirror bit.

Coming to the car itself, it looks like a disappointment. Chevy have got some great cars in the US and they have done a great job even modifying the boring Impala.

I don't understand why they run out of ideas when it comes to India. There is no outright USP for the car other than the price. I am sure someone who knows his buy will sacrifice the 70K and go for a Ertiga.

The design seems timid and very old compared to the offerings from Maruti and Toyota (leaving Quanto out, since it is as bad as this car).

Will be interesting to see how the market responds to this car.
SchumiFan is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks