Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2016, 16:12   #211
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Enjoy : Official Review

These price cuts really beg the question, why couldn't they have been priced right to start with ?

A sensible price at the start would have been a USP for the product. Now this just becomes a ploy to off-load a market dud onto buyers.

Are these vehicles being sold off at a loss ?
Old 19th October 2016, 16:28   #212
Senior - BHPian

For cabbies especially - familiarity of garages with the maruti engines, big Suzuki authorised service network, running costs etc will come into play as well.

I was talking to an uber cabbie who was driving as an employee of the car's owner - that guy had done the same calculation with Chevy spark instead of Indica and was now apparently regretting it.
Old 19th October 2016, 16:56   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
It's not a move made for you or me.
It's indeed a move to lure the cabbies who usually look for maximum horizon of 5 years.
If I'm out there for shopping, as a fleet operator, I would now definitely consider this option over others.
For example, now I can buy 7 Enjoys compared to 5.5 or 6 Ertiga.

Enjoy has better space than Ertiga inside and is powered by same diesel engine.
Makes sense. I failed to think from a fleet operator's perspective. I was mentally preparing a 'Chinese product, Ertiga is better, blah blah blah' response for this thread actually

Thinking of fleet operators, they cannot afford the new Innova at its current prices and make decent profit, they still have not started buying the Lodgy or Ertiga or Xylo (no increase in sales figures) Leaving the lower UV market of Eeco and Omni, what do these fleet operators buy these days??
Old 19th October 2016, 17:13   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Makes sense. ......

Thinking of fleet operators, they cannot afford the new Innova at its current prices and make decent profit, they still have not started buying the Lodgy or Ertiga or Xylo (no increase in sales figures) Leaving the lower UV market of Eeco and Omni, what do these fleet operators buy these days??
Good observation there Aravind.
I don't know where those Innova buyers are going to quench their thirst.
Either they might have migrated to sedans again or they might have opted for different-different UVs and thus we don't see a considerable rise in sales figure of any particular UV.
This came up in my mind as I saw more number CS, in top end trims, with yellow plates and some Lodgys / TUV 300s too.

What will happen to already dead Tavera? Will it finally RIP?

Last edited by DriveOnceMore : 19th October 2016 at 17:14.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 17:52   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Good observation there Aravind.
I don't know where those Innova buyers are going to quench their thirst.
Either they might have migrated to sedans again or they might have opted for different-different UVs and thus we don't see a considerable rise in sales figure of any particular UV.
This came up in my mind as I saw more number CS, in top end trims, with yellow plates and some Lodgys / TUV 300s too.

What will happen to already dead Tavera? Will it finally RIP?
This thread seems to confirm that Toyota entirely stopped production / sales of the 1st Gen Innova. They might have moved their entire existing stock to their commercial sales dealers, moving it out of retail, not sure.

After that I guess they are banking on what happened when they stopped making the qualis and introduced the innova - it still became a hit despite being substantially costlier than the old Qualis.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...comes-end.html
Old 20th October 2016, 08:29   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Looks like the enjoy 2015 with "all new, updated interiors" - that actually look fairly decent - is getting heavily advertised on google ads. Steering mounted audio, more chrome, two tone interiors. However it looks extremely underpowered for what claims to be an 8 seater - 5 seater like an ecosport perhaps.
Based on my experience of owning a Duster 85PS variant and having driven a Chevy Enjoy, I would say they fairly match in terms of performance. The turbo lag is non-existent in Enjoy despite having a FGT. GM have been better tuners of engine with FGT's. What Enjoy lacks is a good proportionate body to match the looks of a MUV or SUV and poorly designed interiors. The GC is decent even when fully loaded and last row of seats is also good. Enjoy looks very ugly from the back. They could have made some exterior changes to give it a muscular look and re-designed the rear side.
deehunk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 13:42   #217
Senior - BHPian

It is perfectly ok as far as a 5 seater is concerned - so I won't quarrel with your comparison with a Duster 85PS. Not for a habitually overloaded people mover type 8 seater used in the taxi business.

That said I see a fair number of Enjoys deployed by Fast Track Call Taxi, a local chennai (and several other cities) radio cab company that used to be huge before Ola / Uber turned up, and still do a lot of business in Chennai, mainly because they have an airport concession.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Based on my experience of owning a Duster 85PS variant and having driven a Chevy Enjoy, I would say they fairly match in terms of performance. The turbo lag is non-existent in Enjoy despite having a FGT. GM have been better tuners of engine with FGT's. What Enjoy lacks is a good proportionate body to match the looks of a MUV or SUV and poorly designed interiors. The GC is decent even when fully loaded and last row of seats is also good. Enjoy looks very ugly from the back. They could have made some exterior changes to give it a muscular look and re-designed the rear side.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 16:05   #218
Senior - BHPian

Its fully loaded variant is at least 2.5L cheaper than the Ertiga, OTR.

Makes a very good case for itself, as far as pricing is concerned. But it is a case of "Too little, too late"
Old 20th October 2016, 22:27   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It's not a move made for you or me.
It's indeed a move to lure the cabbies who usually look for maximum horizon of 5 years.

Enjoy has better space than Ertiga inside and is powered by same diesel engine.
Yes looks like this is a CAB market specific move and they will really Enjoy it ( Pun intended )
I got a chance to sit in last row of Enjoy cab, and you sit in more Knee up position with absolutely no Under thigh support ( I am just 5.7 )

Ertiga is much better in last row compared to Enjoy, but since its headed for Cab market , it does not matter.
Old 20th October 2016, 22:46   #220
BHPian

Quote:
and is powered by same diesel engine.
Not exactly.

The Ertiga gets the VGT equipped 90bhp variant

The Enjoy gets the Non VGT 75bhp variant.

Remember someone who rented an Enjoy for a hill station trip telling me that the car was grossly underpowered when fully loaded.
Old 21st October 2016, 08:19   #221
Senior - BHPian

Having a FGT or VGT won't matter much if the turbo selection matches with the engine parameters and the duo have been tuned precisely. This is where GM, Tata, Honda and Hyundai are good compared to Maruti. The reason to feel a vehicle being under-powered may be due to driver-driver difference, as I am experiencing with my Duster. Turbo lag is evident in all Maruti vehicles but GM vehicles do not have turbo lag. When I say Turbo lag it is the efficiency of rotor assembly and bearings in a turbo, the quality level of Turbo components is better in GM vehicles compared to Maruti.

Last edited by deehunk : 21st October 2016 at 08:21.
deehunk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 17:05   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
I They are changing all the pipes related to Turbo after finding an minor oil leak on the turbo hose.

I still wonder why other manufactures are not tapping this segment to make a vehicle with below mentioned features.

1. Captian seats in middle row
2. 20+ KMPL on highway for diesel
3. rear-wheel drive
4. Sleek design rather than Boxy (7 seater MUV will tend to be boxy but Innova's design is kind of acceptable)

Family bought a chevy enjoy 2014 unregistered model which had run 9600 kms at a really good price. I wanted to know the recalls that would be pending assuming the earlier owner haven't serviced it.

ECU and Brake rotors only right?

is there any other issue i should consider before making final payment?

Is there any methods for owners to check what recalls are pending against their VIN no?

Chevrolet Enjoy : Official Review-1.jpg

Chevrolet Enjoy : Official Review-2.jpg

Chevrolet Enjoy : Official Review-3.jpg

Chevrolet Enjoy : Official Review-4.jpg

Chevrolet Enjoy : Official Review-5.jpg

Last edited by johannskaria : 15th February 2017 at 17:10.
Old 16th February 2017, 11:13   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Family bought a chevy enjoy 2014 unregistered model which had run 9600 kms at a really good price. I wanted to know the recalls that would be pending assuming the earlier owner haven't serviced it.
Are there any methods for owners to check what recalls are pending against their VIN no?

Attachment 1608710
Looking at the engine bay it does not look like driven for 9.6K, if there is no service history for a car either you have to trust the seller or stay away from the deal. PM the VIN number.
Old 16th February 2017, 21:06   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looking at the engine bay it does not look like driven for 9.6K, if there is no service history for a car either you have to trust the seller or stay away from the deal. PM the VIN number.
Stay away from it. Probably used as a dealer service vehicle / staff ride around vehicle etc for a few years and put to extremely rough use before being sold.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2017, 21:16   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post

is there any other issue i should consider before making final payment?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Stay away from it. Probably used as a dealer service vehicle / staff ride around vehicle etc for a few years and put to extremely rough use before being sold.
Moreover, an unregistered vehicle cannot be driven for so many kms. If I am not mistaken, it cannot be registered once it crosses xyz kms.

Other Bhpians can throw more light on it

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 16th February 2017 at 21:32.
vinit.merchant is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks