Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2013, 21:02   #1516
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Superb pricing. So finally Ford has learnt a lesson after messing up with Fiesta's pricing.

@5.60 lacs base petrol model, this will give huge competition to likes of Swift Dzire, Amaze, etc.

Just wishing that there is no compromise on quality/safety because of such a low price.

Anyways Ford has some good days ahead

How I wish I were in market today to buy a new car

Last edited by bluevolt : 26th June 2013 at 21:21.
Old 26th June 2013, 21:15   #1517
BHPian

All i can do is . First it was the Tjet pricing and now the Ecosport pricing.

Great pricing. Ford is clearly focussed on selling more of the Titanium variant. Most of the goodies are in this variant. Cannot blame as they seem to have priced it sensibly too. I guess 75% of their Ecosport production will be of the Titanium variant.

According to me they could have added Center Armrest, Foglights, parking sensors or MID and parking sensors as standard along with other features available in the Trend version and try to justify the difference of a lakh rupees compared to Ambiente. It would have been more VFM. May be they have saved these for their limited editions down the line. Ford is notorius for launching multiple limited editions.

I feel there will be a lot of cross shopping happening. This is going to force other manufacturers to give more discounts now especially on their top end variants or add more features to the entry and mid variants without increasing the price. I am not looking at buying the Ecosport. Hence wish the former happens. Its time Maruti, Hyundai, Volkswagen learn to price their cars sanely.
Old 26th June 2013, 21:15   #1518
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentpotential View Post

Can you please explain this? Why should seat covers affect the airbags?
The side curtain airbags lurk within the seats. If you cover them up with additional seat covers then they cannot work to protect you on the event of a prang.
Old 26th June 2013, 21:16   #1519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Just got the following message from the Ford Dealer:

Ecosport on-road prices (Chennai):

1.5 (P) Ambiente 6.8 L
1.5 (P) Trend 7.85L
1.5 (P) Titanium 9.02 L
1.5 (P) AT 10.11L

1.0 (P) Ecoboost Titanium 9.46L
1.0 (P) Ecoboost Titanium (O) 9.91L

1.5 (D) Ambiente 8.12L
1.5 (D) Trend 9.18L
1.5 (D) Titanium 10.35L
1.5 (D) Titanium (O) 10.79L
Really disappointed that the dealers are acting too greedy and compulsorily charging us for essentials pack, extended warranty, extended roadside assistance, etc. I contacted another dealer in chennai and got a quote of 6.7L for petrol Ambiente. This should really be under 6.5L for 1.5 Petrol Ambiente with just registration, insurance and tax. I guess I will wait out a few on this and probably book one during the midnight madness sale.
Old 26th June 2013, 21:17   #1520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviorp View Post
Looks like the guys at VW are also following this thread closely and decided to come up with this . Who knows Swift/i20/Duster might also come up with discounts like this

Attachment 1102874
That ad went live exactly one day before the TDs started at various showrooms last week. VW is definetely keeping an eye out!
Old 26th June 2013, 21:25   #1521
BHPian

I am sure whoever looking forward to book Swift , I20 petrol will now start to think twice..!

i am now thinking of giving my 3 yr Figo Diesel Titanium in exchange for Ecosport diesel, the rear space and built quality is definetly better than Figo

-MUKE
muke31 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2013, 21:28   #1522
BHPian

I am attaching the price list received from a Mumbai Dealer (Bhavna Ford)

I am amazed at the following:

1. He is charging Rs. 6000 for STANDARD ACCESSORIES
2. Rs. 5000 DEPOT CHARGES (BHPians, this is illegal right?)
3. Registration is 1,01,319 against the official charge of Rs. 85,490

THIS MEANS THAT THE DEALER IS CHARGING Rs. 22,458 more than the formal price! (Rs. 15,740 extra for Registration, SHOCKING!!!)

I have booked the Silver Titanium Diesel, lets see what happens now!

Should we be complain to FORD?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Bhavna Ford_EcoSport_Pricing.pdf (245.5 KB, 896 views)

Last edited by xuv2390 : 26th June 2013 at 21:57. Reason: Details updated
xuv2390 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2013, 21:32   #1523
Senior - BHPian

Ford has opened a new frontier with a well-priced product. If Ford manages to supply the demand fast enough then I see a significant price correction across segment (B , B+ & C) segment.

I always felt that Indian customers are getting cars at a much higher cost with minimal features. With this new breed of competition I guess we should see some new products and pricing coming our way.

I wish Toyota should re-engineer there RAV4 and bring it to India at a similar price point.
Old 26th June 2013, 21:58   #1524
BHPian

Good pricing by Ford.I think the prices are steadily going to rise considering that this is introductory and also,the demand will be immense.I just hope they don't hike prices too much like the other blockbuster products of other companies and transform it from VFM to overpriced.Which would be the opposite of the Fiesta(I seriously don't understand why people still consider it overpriced and something like the Vento well priced)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Just wishing that there is no compromise on quality/safety because of such a low price.
Me too,we have seen signs of cost-cutting but hopefully they haven't compromised on quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
I always felt that Indian customers are getting cars at a much higher cost with minimal features. With this new breed of competition I guess we should see some new products and pricing coming our way.

I wish Toyota should re-engineer there RAV4 and bring it to India at a similar price point.
Yes we are,but I think it's more prevalent in the higher end space than the small car market.Maybe its all to do with competition.
I don't think any amount of re-engineering can bring the RAV4 to this kind of a price.If and when it would be launched,it'll be 2 if not 3 times the price of this car.
Old 26th June 2013, 21:58   #1525
Senior - BHPian

Was at Cauvery Ford today, gotta admit it was the pricing which made up 90% of the decision. I took another TD of the car this time it was 2-3 kms, it felt a lot better this time since I could also experience the power of this engine,apart from the excellent drivability. It is adequate for most, but for someone coming from a Polo D it was a blast to drive! Body roll was superbly controlled despite the size,only weaklink being the steering which was light. Brakes had good bite.

Went to the showroom thinking i'll book the Titanium,but upgraded to the Titanium (o) later on as it was more VFM than the Titanium. I get the following extra for 46k in the Titanium (O) v/s Titanium
4 additional Airbags
2 tweeters(Titanium doesn't come with it is what SA told me)
Leather seats

IMHO, it is worth the additional moolah. Delivery will be sometime in October last week or November, so its a loong wait but worth it. The total OTR break-up was as follows:

Ex-showroom: 915989
Road Tax: 142703
Insurance:41899!! (This is too high when compared to Lathangi,Metro but it also is a 0% depn policy)
Incidental Exp: 8000
Standard fitments:4500
3rd&4th yr warrranty+RSA:16431

Grand Total: 11,29,522 a cool 10k more than Lathangi just for that 0% policy i'm forced to buy

Last edited by shashank.nk : 26th June 2013 at 22:00.
Old 26th June 2013, 22:04   #1526
BHPian

Absolutely spot on pricing! Ford has another Figo in the making here. And yes, i must say, I am mighty tempted to trade my Figo in for this one!
Old 26th June 2013, 22:10   #1527
Senior - BHPian

Forget Duster, another product is already dead before its birth...NISSAN TERRANO
Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2013, 22:16   #1528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by troublemaker View Post
I checked carwale and OTR Ahmedabad for Trendline TDCi is Rs.7,40,000. This is going to be a VFM Rockstar!
Thats even less than the Ex-showroom price of the TDCi Trendline in Bangalore.
Old 26th June 2013, 22:16   #1529
BHPian

Brilliant pricing by Ford I must say. This is certainly going to give tough competition to Swift/Dzire, i20, Punto and Ford's own Figo itself. The 'CROSSOVER" thing is only going to rise in India I feel, and in a good way of course. What do you guys think?
Old 26th June 2013, 22:27   #1530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
The side curtain airbags lurk within the seats. If you cover them up with additional seat covers then they cannot work to protect you on the event of a prang.
If the airbags are in the seats, why does this variant loose the grab handles? In the review, it was mentioned that the reason for missing grab handles are the airbags.
mtnrajdeep is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks