Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-119.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by aniketi (Post 3162819)
You should have got booking number at the dealer at least. Like some one said 13, then you can challenge dealer for your delivery by confirming the number of cars he is receiving. I know its difficult considering number of models & color choices, but you can get hold of dealer at least. But i am sure, people who has booked before launch will get deliveries sooner than others. If still you dont get it, then dealer is cheating you for sure :)

They can never hold you up forever. But this happens typically during launch time of a big hit. you will eventually get it, but you might be number 30 or 50.

Token 13 and 3 months means he is a poor dealer who does not get proper stock. Even if we take 5000 Ecosports sold per month and around 250 dealerships(Or less??) it still translates to 20 cars per dealer per month.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajshenoy (Post 3162830)

Token 13 and 3 months means he is a poor dealer who does not get proper stock. Even if we take 5000 Ecosports sold per month and around 250 dealerships(Or less??) it still translates to 20 cars per dealer per month.

True, but again it will depend on model he has chosen and the color. Sometimes few colors take time. Also as some has mentioned, Ecoboost has long waiting period and AT is yet not available. So it might take time :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by k_ajay (Post 3162353)
Someone told you incorrectly. Just collected the price list from Elite Ford this evening and a member has just posted it above, on this page.

Atrocious! Dealers should not be making a kill on customers like this and clearly Ford should do something about this, rather than sending emails subtly mentioning that the accessories and packs are optional.

Hi. Which showroom's quote is this from, in B'lore. This price list seems to be quoting the lowest On-Road price for the EcoBoost Titanium+ variant.
What i don't understand is why does every dealer have different on-road prices? Crazy and its bound to spoil buyer experiences.

Attaching the accessories price list for EcoSport, from ELITE Ford in B'lore. Even these prices are different from the accessories price list another member had shared earlier, on this thread.

Attachment 1103267

I realized that the price difference is because of different quotes on the Insurance. The higher prices ones (41k), etc are offering a zero depreciation policy it seems, hence the differential.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatienceWins (Post 3162402)
The waiting period is atrocious, however good the vehicle is. I am sure the vehicle will be available at better terms once the dust settles down. Patience Wins! :D

If you like the car, I guess the best time to buy is now. Remember how Duster silently sky rocketed the price in quick succession. I am sure Ford will do the same, once the car's credentials are established.
Right now, Ford's desperation, Fabulous pricing, subdued market dynamics, and lack of serious competition is keeping the price where it is. I doubt it will remain there for very long

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote,
click here (How to MULTI-QUOTE (when replying to a thread) on Team-BHP).

We advise you to read the
Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

I believe the shoulder space issue is cropping up every now and then. I do not know why car sites, forums and magazines like Autocar, Top Gear, Carwale, etc. do not list Shoulder space as a basic statistical information. In conjunction with knee / leg room (which thankfully the Ecosport has a plenty), the shoulder or hip space is a major indication of the overall cabin comfort of rear passengers. I also found the 2nd row a bit more cramped than I would like, especially for the 8-10L category car purchase range. I did not get the exact information, but judging from the fact that it is based on the Fiesta's platform, I expect the shoulder space in EcoSport to be around 1250 (Fiesta's) to a probable max of 1270 or 1290mm. Comparing that with other sedans in the price range, Honda City is 1390mm while the Hyundai Verna is 1340. The spacious Indica Vista gives 1340! Coupled with the Ecosport's high Shoulder line, and its rather dark interiors, psychologically, the feeling of spaciousness is more cramped than I would have liked. I mean... c'mon Ford! Sure you created a sub 4m car based on the Fiesta platform, but why be stingy with the width? No regulations there! Ford could have easily added another 4", without dramatic upheaval of the overall design. Yeah, the cost would probably have been gone up by 3-4%, but I think it would have worked wonders for EcoSport Slayers and the overall backseat comfort of the actual buyers. Having said that, for 80% of the average trips incurred per month, which would not be more than 25km one way, I do think that 3 medium built persons can sit rather comfortably (snug... but comfortable). It's the once-in-a-while family vacation road-trp to Goa with your heavily-built in-laws that's going to be a bummer!

As per Pune Ford dealer , Talera , The registration charges are 1.08 Lakhs for TDCi T+ .

As per Pune RTO website its 7% of exshowroom.

So registration cost should be 9.17*7%= 64k . 1k for smart card total 65k. Why
so much of difference?

My fz1 ex showroom was 8.8L , RTO charges were around 67/68 inclusive for 4-5k agent fees . Pune RTO says both 2wheelers and 4 wheelers are taxed at 7%

Am I missing something here ?

http://www.rtopune.info/taxation.htm

Update from dealer: diesel vehicles taxed at 11.5% , agent charges are only 3-3.5k . Anyone has any clear idea on this?

Update 2 : http://www.mycarhelpline.com/index.p...=133&Itemid=10

Quote:

Originally Posted by niks_devil666 (Post 3162846)
As per Pune Ford dealer , Talera , The registration charges are 1.08 Lakhs for TDCi T+ .

As per Pune RTO website its 7% of exshowroom.

So registration cost should be 9.17*7%= 64k . 1k for smart card total 65k. Why
so much of difference?

My fz1 ex showroom was 8.8L , RTO charges were around 67/68 inclusive for 4-5k agent fees . Pune RTO says both 2wheelers and 4 wheelers are taxed at 7%

Update from dealer: diesel vehicles taxed at 11.5% , agent charges are only 3-3.5k . Anyone has any clear idea on this?

Diesel vehicles will be taxed @11% as per the last directive, I guess Pune website isnt updated with the new norms. There was a post in the forum which carried the link, unable to locate it now. The rates for diesel cars are with effect from 1st April 2013. Earlier there was uniform rates for petrol and diesel at 7% but petrol cars are now taxed at 9% of exshowroom costs.

How comfortable is the turning radius of the Ecosport for city driving? The specs say 5.3m. For comparison, the Verna is 5.2m, the Duster is 5.2m and the Linea is 5.4m and also for comparison the Punto is 5.0m.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dchax (Post 3162823)
The original BHP reviewers mentioned that the Goodyear tyres are way better than the MRF tyres, and that Ford provides both. Surprisingly the Planet Ford (Pune) dealer seemed unaware of choosing tyres as an option. I mentioned that I would like the Goodyear instead of MRF, and he said that they had no control on choosing tyre brand. I'll be taking this up with Ford directly... but any other similar experiences to this regard?

You do not get to choose what tyres your car should be shod with. The cars are fitted with whatever OEM tyres are available at that time. So typically one whole lot will have Goodyear and next lot might have MRF. If you are so particular about specific tyres, either you could wait till you get a car with your choice of color and tyres. You might have to give a miss to few pieces till you get your preferred one. Or you could strike a deal with the dealer to swap the tyres from other car which has come with Goodyear. But this could happen only if dealer is in need of a sale. For Ecosport, I don't think any dealer would agree

Quote:

Originally Posted by niks_devil666 (Post 3162846)

The taxes were revised last year. For diesel vehicle, it stands at 11% of ex showroom value. For petrol, it is 9% of ex showroom value. The RTO site is not updated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shipnil (Post 3162898)
You do not get to choose what tyres your car should be shod with. The cars are fitted with whatever OEM tyres are available at that time. So typically one whole lot will have Goodyear and next lot might have MRF. If you are so particular about specific tyres, either you could wait till you get a car with your choice of color and tyres. You might have to give a miss to few pieces till you get your preferred one. Or you could strike a deal with the dealer to swap the tyres from other car which has come with Goodyear. But this could happen only if dealer is in need of a sale. For Ecosport, I don't think any dealer would agree

The taxes were revised last year. For diesel vehicle, it stands at 11% of ex showroom value. For petrol, it is 9% of ex showroom value. The RTO site is not updated.

Thanks , Yup I checked that.

There were three Titanium + at Pune showroom , all had MRF's

Yesterday I have checked the Car personaly in the showroom.
Very good looking but I didnt like the size of it, really looked like hatch on steroids.
Even the sitting arrangment was not of my liking, the view from the inside was felt like scooped inn. Visibility was not great.
The front seats are quite narrow for larger frame person like me.
Rear seat is only for two, it is so narrow. I felt the seat is narrower than my Figo.
The showroom was full with people asking for this car, even I could not take a test drive as the wating was over half an hour.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACM (Post 3162645)
I do doubt the Discount bit happening. But for sure this Dealer "Planet Ford Pune" needs to be highlighted as he seems to stand out as a rare breed clap:who believes in doing clean business. clap:Would encourage more people to mention dealers who have been clean and professional as far as the booking process and pricing is concerned.

Actually very similar experience at Talera Ford in Pune. No trying to push accessories, extended warranty etc just a simple clean price list.

Clearly not a case where Ford is encouraging these kind of dealer behaviors or as earlier mentioned "not giving margin to dealers & letting them make an earning on the accessories".

Just looks like a case of some not so professional wheeler dealers trying to take people for a ride knowing that there is a lot of enthusiasm to get he vehicle early. I have not heard any case where the dealer has refused a booking in case a person is not taking accessories etc, the only sword to hang over a customer's head is delayed delivery.

If people stop giving in to these pressure tactics, in a couple of months time the deliveries would be stream lined & these dealers would need to get their feet back on the ground.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dchax (Post 3162823)
The original BHP reviewers mentioned that the Goodyear tyres are way better than the MRF tyres, and that Ford provides both. Surprisingly the Planet Ford (Pune) dealer seemed unaware of choosing tyres as an option. I mentioned that I would like the Goodyear instead of MRF, and he said that they had no control on choosing tyre brand. I'll be taking this up with Ford directly... but any other similar experiences to this regard?

I've asked this question in 'tyres and alloy wheels section' - we already have a thread active for the Ecosport.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post3162256

Unfortunately, this thread isn't getting enough attention yet. I'm not in a hurry, though. I opted for the Ecoboost and it will take quite some time for delivery.

Took a test drive of the TDCi Titanium variant after waiting for 45 minutes at MPL Ford Pallikaranai. I was not impressed with the steering feeback, it was super light. I could easily turn it with 2 fingers. Probably I am used to the hydraulic steering in my Fiesta 1.6. Also, I felt the vehicle was not stable at 70km/hr. I could feel some amount of body roll. Apart from these two points, I don't find any other drawbacks. But, this vehicle has an amazing road presence! IMHO the 1.5P Ambiente variant seems to be VFM when compared against for Swift Vxi/Ritz Vxi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by himanshuchadha (Post 3162525)

I am coming from Polo Diesel and my wife currently drives a Figo (D). I managed to sell my Polo just in time for ES.

Any particular reason to sell Polo but not Figo? How do you compare these two hatches, since you owned both at the same time?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACM (Post 3162645)
I do doubt the Discount bit happening. But for sure this Dealer "Planet Ford Pune" needs to be highlighted as he seems to stand out as a rare breed clap:who believes in doing clean business. clap:Would encourage more people to mention dealers who have been clean and professional as far as the booking process and pricing is concerned.

I'd still not give a full clean chit to them. I bought my Figo from them. That time they allowed me to buy insurance from outside but were adamant to do the registration themselves if I wanted to register in Pune. This meant shelling out 4K over and above registration amount to the dealer. I did raise this issue with Ford but they too took the dealer line and said they will not force dealer to allow me to register on my own in Pune.

In the end I registered it in my hometown, on my own.

Ford Ecosport Test Drive Vehicle topples while on Test Drive in Gandhidham, Gujarat

Name:  ForumRunner_20130628_141604.png
Views: 6946
Size:  349.1 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20130628_141617.png
Views: 12732
Size:  422.8 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20130628_141644.png
Views: 6139
Size:  419.6 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20130628_141711.png
Views: 6125
Size:  548.6 KB