Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2013, 20:16   #2056
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreen View Post
I test drove the Ford Ecosport Titanium diesel and the Renault 85 diesel (base with no features) and chose the Renault for the following reasons:

Better handling
Better suspension (the Ford made me feel the bumps on the steering)
Better turning radius
More space for the rear seat, there were three adults sitting there who voted for it and gave a thumbs down to the Ford
Delivery within two/three weeks
Much better behavior at the Renault Whitefield dealership as compared to Lathangi Ford
Nothing is "mandatory" like at the Ford dealers, you can take the insurance from outside if you want.

I am missing out on a world of features and that was a hard call. Even things like ABS and Airbags, which are standard in Ecosport Titanium are missing in the base Duster (which IMHO is overpriced by about 1.5 lakh), but sadly, budget isn't permitting and the itch for a car is "now". The interiors of the base Duster are pedestrian but functional, another thing I have to live with. The Ecosport wins hands down on features, but my requirement is for a sturdy SUV-like car that is frugal, easy to drive (85 is pretty easy to drive in city traffic), and has good ground clearance (for Bangalore roads). I guess only if the Ecosport could accommodate 5 people, I would have gone for it by all means. It is way more futuristic, but like I said, it was a tough call.

But am not unhappy. Let's see how these cars perform in the long run. Congrats to all the Ecosport buyers. I will now move to the Renault thread.
Congratulations on your selection. Currently Ford Dealers would not really be that polite - probably they when the Renault guys were at the time of the Duster Launch. It is good to see that you have stuck to your primary requirements and budget and selected accordingly. Also liked you frank assessment. Views may differ but you are clear about why you selected as you did.

Priorities differ and the EcoSport buyers have different one.

Just checking, I do presume you are a family of 5 and the other 3 in the rear seat are actually the people (or similar sized as those) who would be sitting there.

Last edited by ACM : 2nd July 2013 at 20:39.
ACM is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2013, 20:22   #2057
BHPian

I had booked a Silver Titanium Diesel on 1st June 2013 and was assured delivery by 2nd week of July 2013. Now the Asst. Manager, BHAVNA FORD, MUMBAI tells me that it is "Management Decision" to compulsory by accessories worth Rs. 90,000.

He says that all those who want the car from the first lot have to pay this amount because otherwise the waiting period is 5-6 months. He also blackmailed me that Ford is planning to close the booking within the next few days.

Upon mentioning that Ford has said NO ACCESSORIES OR INSURANCE, he says this is "MANAGEMENT DECISION"!!!

I have decided that I will have my colleague who knows someone at Ford Regional Office contact the dealer principle and fire the life out of him! If that does not work out I will adopt some rude methods to ensure this dealer does not harass me like this!

Ford, if you are reading this then take some action tomorrow, else, I am going to PRESS since I have recorded all conversations with this dealer!
xuv2390 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2013, 20:54   #2058
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuv2390 View Post
I had booked a Silver Titanium Diesel on 1st June 2013 and was assured delivery by 2nd week of July 2013. Now the Asst. Manager, BHAVNA FORD, MUMBAI tells me that it is "Management Decision" to compulsory by accessories worth Rs. 90,000.

He says that all those who want the car from the first lot have to pay this amount because otherwise the waiting period is 5-6 months. He also blackmailed me that Ford is planning to close the booking within the next few days.

Upon mentioning that Ford has said NO ACCESSORIES OR INSURANCE, he says this is "MANAGEMENT DECISION"!!!

I have decided that I will have my colleague who knows someone at Ford Regional Office contact the dealer principle and fire the life out of him! If that does not work out I will adopt some rude methods to ensure this dealer does not harass me like this!

Ford, if you are reading this then take some action tomorrow, else, I am going to PRESS since I have recorded all conversations with this dealer!
Reading this has angered me to no extent. Im very shocked, I'm however glad you are taking action.
Please keep us updated on the same.
Old 2nd July 2013, 21:02   #2059
BHPian

90000 worth of compulsory accessories??? What was that guy smoking? Its clear now that they are very much eager to make hay when the sun shines. I feel you should immediately escalate this to Ford. These folks want to make heavy margins over accessories. That's the primary reason they are mentioning compulsory accessories, insurance and so on.
Old 2nd July 2013, 21:02   #2060
BHPian

Quote:

I suggest you do the same that revv_maniac has done.
Refer his post: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3166287
Old 2nd July 2013, 21:13   #2061
BHPian

EcoSport topples during a test drive @ Perumbavoor kerala. I didn't witness the incident, my friend told me about this. His words "Car was drove by showroom guy itself. He wanted to display the amazing handling,road grip and precise steering of the car. He did some zig-zag motion on steering @ 70 or 60km/hr. Next thing they remember is vehicles nose going down, and the toppling"
Friend was not in the car, may be he got info from the guy who was in the car.

From his narration, I think its pure driver error.
Old 2nd July 2013, 21:16   #2062
BHPian

Did any of you book the Ecoboost variant? If you did, did you take delivery / get an estimated delivery date? My dealer tells me that production of this variant has not begun yet, and is expected to begin around the end of this month (July). Please let me know if you have any information on this.
Old 2nd July 2013, 21:25   #2063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by limited-edition View Post
EcoSport topples during a test drive @ Perumbavoor kerala. I didn't witness the incident, my friend told me about this. His words "Car was drove by showroom guy itself. He wanted to display the amazing handling,road grip and precise steering of the car. He did some zig-zag motion on steering @ 70 or 60km/hr. Next thing they remember is vehicles nose going down, and the toppling"

I heard about this too. Here, I have a pic:

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20130628wa0001.jpg
Old 2nd July 2013, 21:37   #2064
BHPian

Does anyone know what where the Engine Guard goes? Does it go below the engine as an under body protector or does it go on the engine?

The reason I am asking this is because I closely observed the area below the engine and it was evident that 80% of it was protected so this asks me what actually gets protected?

Now, if it protects the upper part then it will act as a 2nd noise barrier too? I also think there are clips evident on most corners of the engine bay where this Engine Guard rests!

Experts, please comment!
Old 2nd July 2013, 22:09   #2065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEye View Post

Isn't this the same pic someone else posted saying it was from Gujrat? The person also had a supposedly first person account with the picture. Now I'm not sure who to believe. Although, I'm 99% sure this was the drivers fault.
Old 2nd July 2013, 22:11   #2066
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEye View Post

Attachment 1105256
Hey cmon guys, its the same pic that of Gandhidham, Gujarat..Lets not get into rumor frenzy..Toppling at 60/ 70 would require some divine powers... post only if you have credible info. Its OT but relevant..my colleague who visited a renault showroom today at Thane, Mumbai was surprised to see the continuous feed of pics of ecosport toppling shown on TV screens..He politely asked the show-room guys to show some thing of duster, the vehicle which he is interested in..
Moto-Mariner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2013, 22:20   #2067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndinesh View Post
Hi, Congratulations. I would like to appreciate that you made a stand and stuck to it. So I assume we can expect an ownership report very soon in our forum.

Can you let us know which dealer you are buying the car from?

Rgds
Dinesh
Thank you Dinesh. The review will be up in the weekend.

Im buying it from Chennai Ford.
Old 2nd July 2013, 23:02   #2068
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by limited-edition View Post

Tall boy mini SUV with high GC +
2 lane smooth Kerala roads with lot of curves +
zig-zaging at 60-70 KMPH +
Wet road due to heavy monsoon

What else do you expect?
Stupid drivers!
Old 2nd July 2013, 23:57   #2069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisrujan View Post
Did any of you book the Ecoboost variant? If you did, did you take delivery / get an estimated delivery date? My dealer tells me that production of this variant has not begun yet, and is expected to begin around the end of this month (July). Please let me know if you have any information on this.
Saw this Ford EcoSport Ecoboost Titanium in Chennai on Sunday, 30th June 2013. The TN 23 registration plate indicates Vellore, Tamilnadu registration. I think the colour of this vehicle is "Chill" (the name given in the brouchure).

Test drove the Ecoboost and the diesel variants on Saturday, 29th June 2013 at Chennai Ford - did not bring the smile that the Volkswagen Polo GT TSI did even though I have been looking forward to the EcoSport from the time the concept EcoSport was presented to the public.

Hope the automatic version of the EcoSport is more to my liking. Test drives of this variant were not available - was told that it could be available in the first week of July. Looking forward to it.

Do not think the 0 - 100 timing of 13.5 seconds quoted by Autocar India for the Ford Ecosport PowerShift Automatic ( http://www.autocarindia.com/Review/3...t-drive.aspx/2 ) as against the 0 -100 timing of 11.34 seconds for the Volkswagen Polo GT TSI ( http://www.autocarindia.com/Review/3...est-drive.aspx ) will be the only factor that will influence my buying decision.

Eagerly looking forward to the official team-bhp review of the Ford EcoSport Automatic Transmission variant .
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-eco1.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-eco2.jpg  

Murugan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2013, 00:07   #2070
BHPian

Quote:

Good for you man and more power to the consumer.

I think however I know why the dealer did that, they must be getting a lot of calls from people who are ready to pay money in Black to get the car sooner. Now since you have booked early and they have your number coming up for allotment, they have only two options either give to you at normal prices and ditch the black or make you pay for some Tom Dick reason and try to recover the Black from you in excuse of some Accessories. Such dealers should be fired.

Actually I think even Ford can not do much about it, most small to medium dealers are there just there to convert their Black and white and most of them too have seen so many loses because of Lack luster performance of Ford cars so they will try as much to make Hay while the Eco SUN shines.
Lastly Ford needs such dealers as they show how big is Ford's reach.

It will be interesting to see how things unfold and if Ford does anything conclusive to resolve matters.

Good luck dude.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks