Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-143.html)

According to Elite Ford, Bangalore they have 14 AT bookings. The first allotment has 4 ATs for them. The next allotment will be after 3 months. Probability is that the allotment will be similar 4 or 5. At this rate it would take a year to serve all 14.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vyasachetan (Post 3168333)
Guys,
Is it possible to do a Bangalore to Leh trip in a Ecosport TDCI, is it capable of such offroading and will such long journeys be confortable to travel and most importantly fun to drive.
Thanks
Chetan

Yes, very much. People have done it in much humbler cars.
Make sure that you run in your car and that the first service is done, though, before you undertake the trip.

Took a test drive, it's not at all value for money..!! No leg room in front or back....boot is small (though it can be compensated by fold away rear seats).

Its like a hatchback whose roof is extended upwards a little to give it a tall-boy look.

The black skirting around the car is the one which makes it look a higher car. A-Pillars are too thick and there is a huge blind spot, it can make an entire rickshaw disappear on the driver side...!!

Wait period is tooo long...i was told that i have to pay 55K as booking amount with 6 month waiting period; but if I pay 45K extra for an accessory pack (i.e. 55+45) total 1 lakh as booking amount, they'll put me on priority list but still the wait time will be 3 months or more..!!!

The front seats are too narrow and you feel like sitting in a cockpit of an aircraft or something....!!

I was too disappointed with the arrogance of the ford dealer and the salesman out there.

Finally with a heavy heart and lots of disappointment, I decided to move back to Sedan segment....feels like everyone is part of a mass hysteria created by Ford.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkLordOfSith (Post 3168394)
I booked the Ford EcoSport on the 15th of June before it launched hoping that I will be one of the first few customers to get delivery. Mine was the 24th prebooking from that showroom. Now here we are 8 days after the launch i have no clue on when the delivery would be, whenever i follow up with sales the only response i get is
"VIN is allotted by Ford and you and we will get the communication at the same time when your car is ready until then we can't help you until that is done" :deadhorse

So all you guys who have pre-booked and already got the delivery dates did you get any communication from Ford after the VIN got allotted ? please:

Mine is the first pre-booking in Hyderabad (Vibrant/Fortune Ford). I have booked Kinetic blue on EcoBoost Titanium O, so my tentative date of delivery is mid of August.

The waiting period posters and banners is just for show. A relative of mine did an enquiry at dehradun ford dealer and he was always told waiting is 6 months. I guess that was to create hype. The moment he booked it he was told he will get the car in 2 months time.

And he chose one of the most selling variants. Tdci titanium.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anumod (Post 3168443)
Mine is the first pre-booking in Hyderabad (Vibrant/Fortune Ford). I have booked Kinetic blue on EcoBoost Titanium O, so my tentative date of delivery is mid of August.

It doesn't make any sense to me EcoBoost has so much waiting and the MD emphatically says deliveries have begun. :Frustrati

I booked a Titanium TDCI and I am already frustrated with how things are moving.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chokxxi90210 (Post 3168433)
Took a test drive, it's not at all value for money..!! No leg room in front or back....boot is small (though it can be compensated by fold away rear seats).

Its like a hatchback whose roof is extended upwards a little to give it a tall-boy look.

The black skirting around the car is the one which makes it look a higher car. A-Pillars are too thick and there is a huge blind spot, it can make an entire rickshaw disappear on the driver side...!!

Wait period is tooo long...i was told that i have to pay 55K as booking amount with 6 month waiting period; but if I pay 45K extra for an accessory pack (i.e. 55+45) total 1 lakh as booking amount, they'll put me on priority list but still the wait time will be 3 months or more..!!!

The front seats are too narrow and you feel like sitting in a cockpit of an aircraft or something....!!

I was too disappointed with the arrogance of the ford dealer and the salesman out there.

Finally with a heavy heart and lots of disappointment, I decided to move back to Sedan segment....feels like everyone is part of a mass hysteria created by Ford.

So which sedan are you planning to buy and why? At the same cost can you compare two variants(eco sport vs your sedan) in detail with price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ananth_iy (Post 3168012)
I just read on autocar that in the Ecosport AT while in S mode we can actually change gears (although in an odd way).

"The ‘S’ mode also lets you manually select gears but the medium is a bit unusual. There is a small button that’s all but hidden from view on the side of the gear lever. This allows gears to be clicked up and down. It may take a little getting used to but the system works well"

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Autos/...1-1084717.aspx

Any feedback on this?

I remember reading somewhere that Ecosport AT has "triptronic". Sir, please google up "Triptronic".

One question: I am seeing conflicting comments on the ride quality. Some are saying it is excellent, magic carpet etc. while some say it is not good! Why the difference of opinion?
Is there any difference in ride between the Ecoboost and the Diesel versions?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkLordOfSith (Post 3168451)
It doesn't make any sense to me EcoBoost has so much waiting and the MD emphatically says deliveries have begun. :Frustrati

I booked a Titanium TDCI and I am already frustrated with how things are moving.

I spoke to Adarsh from Cauvery ford Bangalore where i have booked the vehicle according to him ford needs about 3 months to stabilize things because most of us want the vehicle within a week of booking which is tough the reason being ford needs time to analyze the trend such that they would be able to ship enough cars to dealers based on their volumes

He also referred that that they are putting those waiting period on the walls of showroom because even dealer is not sure of how many units he will receive in coming months since he has no clue as to how many booking have happened at other showrooms. This do matter because Ford is shipping 160 units for both Cauvery Ford and Metro Ford in July and August
but look at the booking pattern
Metro ford (2 showrooms) - 530+ bookings
cauvery ford - 260+
lathangi ford - 200+
its uneven thus ford needs to stabilize things

dear friends we have waited for swift for so many months over 5 years :Frustratiwaiting a couple of months for ford shouldn't be a problem at all

everyone is sharing experience with sales team I see it this way maybe they are not rude its just that their work that makes their voice or expressions sound rude at the end of the day even they are humans we need to give considerations

PATIENCE IS MOTHER OF ALL VIRTUES AND WE SHALL HAVE IT clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by vasanthn21 (Post 3168482)

I remember reading somewhere that Ecosport AT has "triptronic". Sir, please google up "Triptronic".

One question: I am seeing conflicting comments on the ride quality. Some are saying it is excellent, magic carpet etc. while some say it is not good! Why the difference of opinion?

Perhaps for the same reason people were being overly critical of the most trivial things in the original ecosport thread initially, because of disappointment related to hype and the resultant high expectations.

Honestly, I think that what the dealers are saying about year-long waiting periods is utter bullshit. We're not in the 80's and this isn't the Bajaj Chetak we're talking about here. Maybe three months is acceptable, but not more, considering Ford has had ample time to prepare for deliveries. I read in this thread that the launch cars were Jan '13. Where'd all the other cars from that batch go?
They should brought to task for making such statements.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vasanthn21 (Post 3168482)

This is what I gather from other reviews:
The suspension on Ecosport is stiff. That helps in controlling body-roll and prevents boat-like handling. At lower speeds, speed bumps will be felt harder in the Ecosport, especially for rear passengers, compared to a sedan with soft-suspension. But when going at higher speeds, the ride smooths out and the car will dismiss broken roads and small ditches without disturbing the passengers.

Some expert reviews state that the suspension on the diesel has been tuned to be stiffer than on the Ecoboost variants - to compensate for the added weight of the diesel engine, but I didn't feel any such difference in my short back-to-back test-drives.

In terms of ride quality, Duster beats the Ecosport hands-down but it loses points in handling (more body roll on the Duster).

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbelAFC (Post 3168522)
Honestly, I think that what the dealers are saying about year-long waiting periods is utter bullshit. We're not in the 80's and this isn't the Bajaj Chetak we're talking about here. Maybe three months is acceptable, but not more, considering Ford has had ample time to prepare for deliveries. I read in this thread that the launch cars were Jan '13. Where'd all the other cars from that batch go?
They should brought to task for making such statements.

Brother if i was to take delivery of the car which was manufactured in January i would certainly disagree for a simple fact that I'm buying a new car not the car i.e. manufactured some 6 months back hence I think ford had manufactured handfull of cars maybe in hundreds for testing purpose its not good trend to dispatch those units to customers

Quote:

Originally Posted by anilkumar (Post 3168541)

Brother if i was to take delivery of the car which was manufactured in January i would certainly disagree for a simple fact that I'm buying a new car not the car i.e. manufactured some 6 months back hence I think ford had manufactured handfull of cars maybe in hundreds for testing purpose its not good trend to dispatch those units to customers

I agree with that, but what about May/June? What were Ford doing?

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbelAFC (Post 3168553)
I agree with that, but what about May/June? What were Ford doing?

Maybe they were skeptical about the pricing with the failure they had tasted with Fiesta they didn't want to take a chance :D