Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-147.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by skumare (Post 3169334)
How are we supposed to open the boot at the malls and offices for security check?

This reminds me of a notorious begger on MNIT red light in Jaipur. He used raise the wipers like the cleaning guys, and used to ask for money. If you don't give, you will have to get down and lower your vipers!
If any begger gets inquisitive/smart and opens the boot, it will become a problem for owners, since the remote unlocking key will always be in a car which is being driven.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormerider (Post 3169345)
This reminds me of a notorious begger on MNIT red light in Jaipur. He used raise the wipers like the cleaning guys, and used to ask for money. If you don't give, you will have to get down and lower your vipers!
If any begger gets inquisitive/smart and opens the boot, it will become a problem for owners, since the remote unlocking key will always be in a car which is being driven.

Yes but the car locks when driving and you cannot open from outside. To unlock in a mall, you need to press the button the dash and the security guy has to press the button on the hatch door.

Cauvery Ford Facebook page has shared photos of people taking deliveries of Ecosport!!
Going by the photos shared there are atleast 10 people who received the vehicles. All delivered cars are Titanium or Titanium+. The showroom seems to be Cauvery Ford Banglore.

The 16" tires look meaty from the front view. Also Mars Red looks smashing.I think only color that can beat Mars red is Black!(Just my personal opinion though).

Ladies & Gentlemen, The Eagle has landed!!!! :-)
A long wait of 9 months (decision made in Oct '12) culminated in a fabulous way today, with me taking the delivery of the Ecosport, from Mr. Joginder Singh HIMSELF!

Really felt special to be amongst the 1st 5 people to get our hands on the car. It is natural tendency to believe that you got to know someone at the dealership to get the 1st lot of cars, but this experrience changed all that. The GM of Cauvery Ford introduced me with my name, designation at my company, and behold - "Sir, he is also a Team-BHP member":D

Here are a few pics... (couldn't take my DSLR because of the fear of getting late for the ceremony in Bangalore traffic :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by skumare (Post 3169334)
How are we supposed to open the boot at the malls and offices for security check?

The security guards has to open the boot using the electric button present in the boot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gizmokid (Post 3169461)
A long wait of 9 months (decision made in Oct '12) culminated in a fabulous way today, with me taking the delivery of the Ecosport, from Mr. Joginder Singh HIMSELF!

Congrats mate. Your pic is on Cauvery Ford's facebook page too.. Lucky You!

Looking forward to your review

Quote:

Really felt special to be amongst the 1st 5 people to get our hands on the car. It is natural tendency to believe that you got to know someone at the dealership to get the 1st lot of cars, but this experrience changed all that. The GM of Cauvery Ford introduced me with my name, designation at my company, and behold - "Sir, he is also a Team-BHP member":D

Here are a few pics... (couldn't take my DSLR because of oithe fear of getting late for the ceremony in Bangalore traffic :Frustrati

Congratulations !! clap: Those pictures made my day as well!! And let me also take this opportunity to appreciate Ford and Mr. Joginder Singh. It's a gesture that not many might do but a small event like this really means a lot to everyone. Happy Motoring buddy and will keenly await your review :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSIched'Out (Post 3169325)
Can you please answer the following:

I have booked the AT variant but dealer (Wasan Marinelines) is non committal about the delivery month (forget abt the date).

1. EcoSport Titanium Silver TDCi (Diesel)
2. Bhavna Ford, Navi Mumbai
3. Yes, but I sorted it out amicably! PM me for more details.
4. I booked it on 1st June 2013.

I should hopefully get the car in my hands next week! Will post a detailed report. :D

Congrats to those who're getting deliveries. Looks like deliveries are in full swing. Could you please let me know if they're shod with the GoodYears or the MRFs?

I saw two cars being delivered today in Tolichowki, Hyderabad just an hour or so ago. One is a Mars Red Ecoboost Titanium (O) and another is a white TDCI Titanium. Both looked quite cool under the street-lights, but were shod with MRFs.

Of those who're getting MRFs, are you keeping those tyres, or are you planning to exchange them?

Quote:

Originally Posted by oops (Post 3169031)
Did you take any pictures of Kinetic Blue? Did it really look stunning? Please share your views

Here are some pictures . Blue is looking good in flesh

Quote:

Congrats on the Eagle! I was just looking through Cauvery Ford's pics on their fb page and noticed this pic too, lucky to have got delivery in a month or so of booking.Another thing is, you've got Goodyear tyres as OEM so no need to upgrade :)

Do put up an initial impressions report on this thread if possible. Drive safe!

Quote:

Originally Posted by himanshuchadha (Post 3169483)
Congratulations !! clap: Those pictures made my day as well!! And let me also take this opportunity to appreciate Ford and Mr. Joginder Singh. It's a gesture that not many might do but a small event like this really means a lot to everyone. Happy Motoring buddy and will keenly await your review :)

Yep, very true. He was totally down to earth, taking time to spend time with us, including family & kids. Corporate mumbo jumbo apart, it was genuine warmth, and he did seem overwhelmed by the response they have received. He said " We can have a great product and what we think is a great price, but if customers do not embrace it, it makes no sense; And we are humbled by the response we have received, and you are one of the early adopters, so thank you"

Requested & got a few pics with him exclusively too stupid:

Goose bump moment :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkLordOfSith (Post 3168394)

So all you guys who have pre-booked and already got the delivery dates did you get any communication from Ford after the VIN got allotted ? please:

Hey ,

I too pre booked the car. I got a call from the Dealer saying the car was ready the day right after the prices were announced. I was a bit surprised and was not expecting so soon, took a couple of more days to arrange loan, take insurance quotes and finalize. Also needed a special number, all that pushed my delivery to tomorrow(friday). The showroom had the car ready since Monday. Mine is a TDCi , Was yours a Ecoboost ? Have not seen a Ecoboost being delivered in the dealership where I booked. Chennai Ford.

Answering to your question, Nope. did not get any communication from Ford about VIN, My car is ready for Delivery and still have not bothered to ask for VIN nor did they give me one.

Cheers

I booked Ecosport 1.5 Petrol AT on July 26th with AVK Ford, Powai (price list enclosed). They quoted 5 months waiting period initially and I had booked on the condition that I would need the delivery within 3 months else I would cancel. I had also given them an option that if in case AT is indeed in extremely short supply, I could settle for Titanium (O) MT in either Ecoboost / TDCI variants. However, even after a week, they do not seem to have a clue on the 3 month allocation breakup nor the SE is able to provide me with a booking number.

I am not casting any aspersions as they were quite upfront in the initial interaction and I managed 3 TDs albeit short ones, Ecoboost and TDCI on July 26th and Fiesta AT on July 27th. Today, I called them to ask if they were going to make the 1st set of deliveries any time soon as other dealers had started deliveries and the SE had no clue on this as well.

Due to limited parking space in the housing society and to make some space for the new vehicle, I put one of my vehicles, Accent GLE 2006 on sale and it got snapped within a week. Now I am wondering if this is the dealer who is so disorganized or is it a Ford issue?

I guess I will also need to figure out a backup buy in case I am unlucky with the Ecosport buy. There are zilch discounts being offered by Mumbai dealers on Ertiga ZXI and Maruti has made a disaster with their CNG launch by offering in VXI (without ABS) trim. Fiat also does not seem to have learnt any lessons by keeping a higher premium for Linea Tjet Emotion trim.

I am wondering if it would take at least 2 more months of bad sales numbers for other manufacturers to wake up and counter the Ecosport pricing with some decent promotions or do they know that ford would anyway mess up on deliveries and all they have to do is just wait for customers who do not get Ecosport deliveries and would come to them by default.:Frustrati

I went to the Ford service center today to get my Fusion checked for some vibration. After checking thoroughly, nothing abnormal was found, culprit may be impure fuel due to excessive rains.
So while they were checking the Fusion, I had the time to have a dekko at EcoSport.
Man, the car looks awesome in the flesh. It looks perfect be it height, size, length, boot space, everything at least to me. All these days I was confident that being the owner of Fusion I won't be craving for EcoSport but I was proven wrong in an instant.
As my usage is pretty low, if at all I would buy, I would choose 1.5 Petrol entry level variant which is priced at Rs.5,58,999/- i.e. full Re.1 cheaper than Delhi ex-showroom price :D. On road in Goa is coming to around Rs. 6.25 Lac which I consider a steal. Also I didn't like much the Mars Red colour and the colours preferred by me are available with 1 month waiting period max. What more could one ask for.
TDs are not yet started here in Goa and they informed me that they have already booked around 140-150 cars till date.
If wishes were horses...

PS : The only consoling factor (other than my Linea T-Jet bought by me just an year and a half ago) and the critical one for me for not buying EcoSport is that this car is going to become Swift of compact SUVs i.e. too common, so I could skip it but with a heavy heart.