Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-149.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gizmokid (Post 3169856)
Congratulations mate; Looks like we are the first two on this forum to get deliveries :D

Mine came with Good years too! Look forward to your ownership thread

Hey Gizmo. Thank you & congratulations to you too! We seem to have gotten lucky with the tyres. And boy, you had an awesome & ceremonial delivery. The cake looks just as awesome as the car. Have you got any accessories yet? Enjoy the car and hope to share the experiences with you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gizmokid (Post 3169856)
Congratulations mate; Looks like we are the first two on this forum to get deliveries :D

Mine came with Good years too! Look forward to your ownership thread

Also tell us what was the final price you paid with break up.
Congrats, looking forward to your ownership review

Quote:

Originally Posted by johannskaria (Post 3170004)
Yesterday a representative from the kairali ford called me to tell that those alloy wheels will cost me 80,000 :Shockked: i.e around 10% of the vehicle value, which is really exorbitant and looks like fleecing an auto enthusiast (considering they sell the 15" ones at around 27000):Frustrati.

How much does an alloy wheel cost in the market.

They must have quoted 80K extra fo 5 wheels.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Srinivas C (Post 3170088)

The set of 5 will cost 24k in accessories. Don't know how u guys got a quote of 80k

Quote:

Originally Posted by niks_devil666 (Post 3170110)
The set of 5 will cost 24k in accessories. Don't know how u guys got a quote of 80k

I guess the price includes cost of tires as well.
Around 30-35K for alloys and 40K for 5 tires!!.

I Checked in Changemytyre.com, 16" Ecosport spec tires cost anywhere between 8-9K barring MRF/Apollo/JK.

Quote:

Even then 80K sounds too much. He is just trying to discourage people, or tempt them to upgrade to higher variants.

Another issue could be shortage of Alloys. It happened in case of Maruti Ertiga and they could not source enough alloys to meet the demand.

But if Ford is genuinely quoting 80K for alloys !! I will surely get wrong indication on the spare part pricing of this car !!

Quote:

Hi guys,

I'm so happy to be part of Team-bhp.
Unfortunately my first post is about a topic much discussed in this forum

I Booked Ambiente Variant of Ecosport in Black with Kairali Ford Thrissur, kerala with booking no 68 and allotment in July. They did a commendable job right till yesterday.

I had asked them to give the 16" alloy wheels which comes for the Titanium models as an accessory at the time of booking. I fell in love with the alloy wheels right from the day I saw the concept vehicle. it is a beautiful design.

Yesterday a representative from the kairali ford called me to tell that those alloy wheels will cost me 80,000 :Shockked: i.e around 10% of the vehicle value, which is really exorbitant and looks like fleecing an auto enthusiast (considering they sell the 15" ones at around 27000):Frustrati.

I really loved the Ford EcoSport and its price tag. Just this call from kairali ruined it all for me. I still will be taking the vehicle from them. Hoping they would give me a reasonable price tag and get back to me!

I was forced to complain to Ford customer through email,awaiting their reply.
I wonder why companies think they can take Indian consumers for a ride. Please don't ruin your reputation Ford! You are doing a great job till now.

Its highly likely that people would trade in these brand new alloys for some flashy new ones.

In my opinion, don't buy them from Ford just wait for sometime and pick them up from a tire/ alloy dealer. You'll get them at a bargain price.

This trend is hugely popular in the north, especially in Haryana/ Punjab

Quote:

Hi guys,

I'm so happy to be part of Team-bhp.
Unfortunately my first post is about a topic much discussed in this forum

I Booked Ambiente Variant of Ecosport in Black with Kairali Ford Thrissur, kerala with booking no 68 and allotment in July.

When did you book the vehicle? I booked on 28th June and they said minimum 90 days.

I got a surprise this afternoon. Lathangi Ford called me that my car has been allotted. (White EcoBoost booked last Sunday)
I was told it'd take atleast 5-6 months and my car is ready in 7 days.

The problem now is, I am not prepared to buy it right now. I have not worked out details of my finances, nor have I initiated selling my existing car, nor my mind is in any kind of preparedness at all. I thought I had ample time to do all that.

Guys can you suggest what I should be doing? Should I go ahead and buy this in hurry? Or ask him to allot it to someone else and wait for next lot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by penpavan (Post 3170182)
I got a surprise this afternoon. Lathangi Ford called me that my car has been allotted. (White EcoBoost booked last Sunday)

The problem now is, I am not prepared to buy it right now. I have not worked out details of my finances, nor have I initiated selling my existing car, nor my mind is in any kind of preparedness at all. I thought I had ample time to do all that.

Guys can you suggest what I should be doing? Should I go ahead and buy this in hurry? Or ask him to allot it to someone else and wait for next lot.

First, ask for the vehicle's VIN and check when was it manufactured. If more than 6 months old, the decision would be a simple one.

Quote:

I booked a month ago and still no clue on when I'd get mine.

I see three possibilities here:

1) When you go to make the final payment, they would thrust 75K worth of accessories on you, and say that it is the only way you are going to get the car early.

2) Ecoboost/White has a low demand.

3) Somebody at Lathangi had a nice time with the car, crashed it and is trying to palm it off.

I'd suggest you go ahead, and do a proper PDI and make sure everything is fine.

Quote:

Its a tricky situation to be in. My gut feeling is, most of the booking has happened for the Tdci. and may be few ATs. So no wonder he is giving you Ecoboost since he is having stock.

Question you should ask is do you need it so urgently and desperately ? Or do you drive an old car that you have to dispose sooner or later.

After the Initial Hype is over, and with rest of the automakers start throwing more discounts for models like Duster/Terrano, the waiting period will surely get consolidated to 1-2 months. Only catch is the price may not stay same then. Also i am not expecting discounts on this car for anytime soon. Typical trend is, they will increase the price by as much as a lakh in next one year and as the demand slides, start giving offers. (We will see Jazz diesel, XA Alpha, City diesel and also hyundai SUV etc by next year)

Quote:

Originally Posted by maglev (Post 3170163)
Its highly likely that people would trade in these brand new alloys for some flashy new ones.

In my opinion, don't buy them from Ford just wait for sometime and pick them up from a tire/ alloy dealer. You'll get them at a bargain price.

This trend is hugely popular in the north, especially in Haryana/ Punjab

Well that seems to be my only option. Can you give me some dealers information who does that?

Since the dealership called just now to inform the prices will be around 80,000 itself. That too without Tires.They say it is to avoid customers going for the Ambiente model as their margins are also low in that. And it is a directive from the company.

And when I change the alloy wheels they will void my warranty

But the worst part was when I asked them could they mail me the warranty policy or give it in some other way they started to be rude with me despite I being just asking for information in the nicest possible way.
Sorry Ford, especially Kairali Ford but that was not a nice way to treat a customer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 3170173)
When did you book the vehicle? I booked on 28th June and they said minimum 90 days.

I booked on the 29th. I was told that the top variants have the most waiting period.

Quote:

They were pretty clear with what they said. They want around 80,000 for 5 alloy wheels. They won't sell the tyres nor they would take back the 15inch ones.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 (Post 3168882)
Got my car last night. Here are a couple of pics taken from my phone.

The buying experience at Talera Ford has been a pleasure. Maybe cause i guess i gave into the insurance & 3rd Yr Warranty part. But no accessories were pushed down my throat.

I only took delivery of the car cause it was an auspicious day to pick it up & more importantly cause it was parked in the dealer showroom and was being abused by the crowd! :D Took it straight back to my parking without going around much.

Should get my papers tomorrow and hopefully take it to Poona Motors and get some accessories.

The good part - my car came with Goodyears! :) Will start an ownership thread once i'm able to really spend a day driving it around as advised by the mods.

Are you going to change the alloy wheels?

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrideRed (Post 3170143)
I guess the price includes cost of tires as well.
Around 30-35K for alloys and 40K for 5 tires!!.

I Checked in Changemytyre.com, 16" Ecosport spec tires cost anywhere between 8-9K barring MRF/Apollo/JK.

No tyres are included in the package. Its just the 5 alloy wheels alone!
Ford is really going the wrong way!