Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-155.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajshenoy (Post 3171023)
1.5L petrol is a pretty powerful engine compared to any 1.2Ltr engines powering most of sub-4m cars today. They dont have any 1.5 petrol for test drive and i guess they launched it namesake for showing cheap pricing !!

1 ltr Ecoboost is turbocharged and is fun to drive BUT comes with the typical turbo lag. I noticed that below 1500rpm, it feels just like any other 1.2 ltr petrol engine from Swift/i20/Brio etc. Post 1500 your ride becomes fun.

I noticed 10.8Kmpl on the MID of Ecoboost. If we were to believe their 20% extra mileage claim, then normal 1.5ltr should only return 8-9kmpl max. may be 10 if you drive light footed. Even with Ecoboost, dont expect miracles when it comes to mileage. 10-12 is the range i would be happy with it. highways it can give 15ish may be. Diesel can give you 15-16kmpl in city.

So 1.5 petrol seems to fit the bill for me. Mileage is not really an issue and anything around 9-10 in city is fine for me.

I am still confused who is Ford targeting the Eco Boost with? stupid:

Just visited Cauvery Ford again today for booking the vehicle and to my astonishment, the waiting quoted by them was 7+ months for Titanium and 12+ months for Titanium (O). Does this make any sense to book the car now and wait for so long for taking the delivery? I had to just come away informing the sales person that the waiting period quoted by them is ridiculous and taking the customers for granted.

Do you guys have any idea on the waiting periods of other dealers in Bangalore? Do let me know. Waiting period of 3-4 months is okay, but 1 year is atrocious.

Suggest me whether to go ahead with booking now and wait till eternity for delivery or may be some time afterwards after the initial euphoria dies down?

Went to have a look today. Didn't do a test drive as there were loads of people for the car there. Looks wise it looks fantastic but cabin space is adequate for 4 huge people only. The interiors were also good to look at in person as I didn't really liked them in the pics. For me the rear is the cars best angle to look at followed by the front. From the sides the car looks a little small.

As I see it the car would eat away quite a bit of sale of the i20's, swifts etc. Haven't seen one on the road. Next visit will be for a test drive this Tuesday with the dad. Hopefully will book either the 1.5 Petrol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by snaronikar (Post 3171047)

Suggest me whether to go ahead with booking now and wait till eternity for delivery or may be some time afterwards after the initial euphoria dies down?

It doesn't make any sense at all unless you are given price protection which is not the case. There is no sense in parking your booking amount in the dealers account. This hype is not going to last for ever. Just wait for for few months, the dealer will come after you for the booking.
Looking at the current demand, Ford will soon increase the prices after which it will no longer be a VFM. Many for certain will cancel their bookings and the dealer will end up with huge stockpile.

Just my 2 cents

Quote:

Originally Posted by snaronikar (Post 3171047)
Just visited Cauvery Ford again today for booking the vehicle and to my astonishment, the waiting quoted by them was 7+ months for Titanium and 12+ months for Titanium (O).

I've booked my car from Cauvery Ford on the 26th of June. I opted for the Titanium option diesel and the waiting time was 4 months when i'd booked then. They must have had a lot of bookings post that,hence we see such huge waiting periods. Last i read they have 400+ bookings, i was no 257 on 26th

Are you looking at the Ecoboost or Tdci ? I suggest you wait a few months and book the car sometime in September once the initial euphoria dies.

Just came back from Elite Ford, Marathahalli. Waiting period for Diesel Titanium is 9 months. Since this is not a house, we decided to steer clear of it. I almost laughed at the SA's face when he told me that he'll try his max best within 6 months.

Same story at Honda as well for the Amaze. I am thinking Vento / Rapid now.

I was eagerly waiting for this car before its official launch. I am now looking somewhere else because of its looong waiting period: one year no way, even three months is too long for me. If I have to wait that long I will wait for new launches and not park my money with someone else.

Another point which made my decision is its stiff ride. I am now actively looking at Linea T-Jet - excellent ride and power. The Ecosport's compact dimension would still have been more practical for my 100% city use.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sknair (Post 3170967)

Based on what I hear is that even though ecoboost has more power, the drive ability is 1.5L. Did anyone get to test drive the 1.5 petrol? The ecoboost has noticeable lag at lower RPMs.

I test drove both the Ecoboost and the Diesel back to back. I was initially inclined towards buying the Ecoboost due to the advanced tech content etc. But I found the power delivery very patchy and unpredictable. I had a difficult time in start stop city traffic. I am sure it is turbo lag, however, I own a Polo TDI and I am used to turbo lag. This was somethimg worse. It seems like heavy turbo lag coupled with gear ratios not designed properly. So, every time I had to slow to a crawl and then pick up speed back to about 40 kmph, I had to go all the way down and then go all the way up three gears. The gear shift was slick enough but had to be engaged too often for my liking. Even within a gear, it is not satisfying to drive, the drive felt jerky to me.

On the other hand, the Diesel offered a clean and effortless drive and I felt each gear offered a wide range of speeds within which the vehicle was comfortable to drive. So in the end, I decided on the Diesel.

Has anyone tried to get a quote for EcoSport if leasing option is offered by their company?

My company will be offering lease option to me through Orix but that's only after 15 days. So till then I cannot get a quote from Orix. Also for all those have bought EcoSport on loan can you throw some light on the interest rate and bank from which you took the loan.

With a very heavy heart, I decided not to buy the Ecosport.

I had seen the Ecosport earlier in the showroom, but had not got the test drive. This afternoon I went to the showroom again with my wife. She liked the looks immeditely, especially the rear tail lamp and the tail gate mounted wheel. She was not impressed with the boot. I would have still bought it as a big boot is not really a primary criteria for me. She found the front seats okay, it was a bit claustrophobic for her, with the dash coming into her face and the windows starting a little high (compared to your Zen). I could live with this too, as it is a matter of getting used to.

Then we went and checked the rear bench. A gentleman was already seated there. We asked him to stay seated and asked if we both could get in as we wanted to see how well the rear bench accomodates 3 adults. The gentleman was all game for it as he also wanted to check out the same thing. Note that this gentleman, my wife and I, are all just of average size physically, and it was a tight fit with the 3 of us in the rear bench. And, my wife and I rejected the car for this reason.

Now, I will use the rear bench only occasionally, when my parents visit us (which is once in 2-3 months), but if they can't sit comfortably in the rear bench after spending 10L+ on a car, it is not worth it for me.

Don't get me wrong, it is a great car with loads of features, but strictly for upto 4.5 passengers.

So, although I have been drooling over this car for some time now (especially after the prices were announced), I have to look somewhere else with a heavy heart. :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by damager21 (Post 3171121)
Has anyone tried to get a quote for EcoSport if leasing option is offered by their company?

My company will be offering lease option to me through Orix but that's only after 15 days. So till then I cannot get a quote from Orix. Also for all those have bought EcoSport on loan can you throw some light on the interest rate and bank from which you took the loan.

I had discussed this with a SA. As per him, the rates for company lease remains the same. I enquired this because I saw a difference of 20k on ex showroom when my friend got his Figo through company lease. I believe they have same rates for newly launched car.

As for the banks, HDFC is giving at 10.75 fixed while ICICI is giving at 10.5 fixed. No idea about SBI.

Quote:

Originally Posted by damager21 (Post 3171121)

Quote:

Originally Posted by zteg (Post 3171132)

I had discussed this with a SA. As per him, the rates for company lease remains the same. I enquired this because I saw a difference of 20k on ex showroom when my friend got his Figo through company lease. I believe they have same rates for newly launched car.

As for the banks, HDFC is giving at 10.75 fixed while ICICI is giving at 10.5 fixed. No idea about SBI.

I haven't bought the car yet, but from what I talked about at the dealership, Kotak Mahindra is offering the best deal at 9.8% for 3 years. Per lac EMI is 3348.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vasanthn21 (Post 3171128)
With a very heavy heart, I decided not to buy the Ecosport.

I am in a similar situation regarding ecosport's space but havent yet made the final decision. My situation involves our pet- a labrador and compared to the large space in the duster where he can get in for day trips, i dont see that a possibility in the ecosport.

So with a 10 L budget i have the entry level duster to choose against the fully loaded titanium ecosport! Tough call looking at all the features in the ecosport.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CARDEEP (Post 3170989)
Saw a EcoSport today near my home, & its rear was sagging with 5 people on board. Not sure if they had loaded the boot.

Hmm very practical. I also have the same apprehension. When I went to the dealership last week, the SA told me confidently that the maximum ground clearance of 200 mm is when the vehicle is loaded to the fullest. I laughed at his facerl:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seek (Post 3171148)
I am in a similar situation regarding ecosport's space but havent yet made the final decision. My situation involves our pet- a labrador and compared to the large space in the duster where he can get in for day trips, i dont see that a possibility in the ecosport.

So with a 10 L budget i have the entry level duster to choose against the fully loaded titanium ecosport! Tough call looking at all the features in the ecosport.

Same here. But would suggest to wait for a couple of months as the initial euphoria will certainly die down and the all the dealers will come down to earth as currently they are flying in skies. Secondly, the rates they are quoting for insurance and other accessories is way too high.