Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-160.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosport (Post 3172298)

Today I saw an ad in a newspaper from VolksWagen on the Polo and Vento. Free 3 yr insurance, three year ext warranty, three year maintenance. Boy, am tempted. I hope these are all available on the Polo GT as well.

I called up right now. Its only valid if you avail zero percent volkswagen finance for 18 months.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosport rules (Post 3171922)
The chinese version of ecosport 1.5 auto titanium has
1.Keyless entry
2.Leather seats
3.sunroof(not panoramic)
4.daytime running lights.
5.6 airbags
6.providing headlighlight bulb upgrade to hella and phillips (same 55/60watts but atleast 40Percent brighter)I bought hella H4
7.interior map reading spot light led replacement by philips (bought one pair)T10 type
8.brighter led replacement for trunk.philips again (cylinder shape)
Also bought one extra pair of T10 super white leds and replaced parking lights as they are also T10.
9.No HID option from ford india
10.The length is also around 200mm more.

Hi Ecosport,
Thanks for the info. The head lights look great!
Are these the lights you got? Sorry, i couldn't understand the post clearly. Also, where did you do the fitment?

6.providing headlighlight bulb upgrade --> I bought hella H4
7.interior map reading spot light led replacement by philips --> bought one pair T10 type. Are you referring to the 3 reading lights right above the gear knob?
8.brighter led replacement for trunk.philips again (cylinder shape) --> Any specific model number?

Also bought one extra pair of T10 super white leds and replaced parking lights as they are also T10. --> Is T10 a brand? Can you post the exact specifics?

Thanks!

Just a random thought, can the 1.5D be 'chipped' for power/torque gains? :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by pranjal1984 (Post 3172701)
I called up right now. Its only valid if you avail zero percent volkswagen finance for 18 months.

That's a good deal if you are getting 0% rate if interest, esp with AMC offer. Just ask for a 4th year warranty price.. (should be under 5000) and extra cost to convert comprehensive insurance into 0% dep.

The VW fully loaded offer is not applicable for the Polo TSI - sad.

Also, dealer says that VW has no plans to introduce any sort of extended warranty for the Polo TSI and that the company has taken care of the GB failure issues by fixing and fine tuning "certain" things. Lack of extended warranty is a major bummer for a hi-tech 10 lac hot hatch, especially with the well-known GB issues. :deadhorse

With the EcoSport receiving mixed reviews on this thread and the rear space also a concern, guess the wait gets a bit longer.:Frustrati

From Parry's June 2013 Car sales Analysis, 573 Petrol Ecosports have been shipped to the dealers. Did anyone on this forum get delivery of Petrol Ecosport and more importantly the Automatic one? Last checked, I was informed by the dealer (Wasan, Marinlines Mumbai) that Ford is yet to start the production of Petrol Ecosport (which is supposed to start in late July) and hence the shipment will begin only in August for manual variants and it will take additional one month for automatic variant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by click (Post 3172783)

That's a good deal if you are getting 0% rate if interest, esp with AMC offer. Just ask for a 4th year warranty price.. (should be under 5000) and extra cost to convert comprehensive insurance into 0% dep.

I checked with the Chennai dealership - the offer is not applicable for the GT TSI. Absolutely no discounts or offers on the GT TSI.

Can anybody advise me on the driveablity of the regular petrol 1.5L Manual transmission engine? Was trying to read reviews about it and so far there are nil!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dry Ice (Post 3172765)
Just a random thought, can the 1.5D be 'chipped' for power/torque gains? :D

Yes definitely. Race dynamics or Petes would definite come out with something or they should have as the same engine is used in Fiesta as well.

I would also go for a remap or box after 4-5k kms as after driving my Vento, this would definitely feel underpowered, the remap should help. Also after 4000-5000 kms we can judge if the chasis balance and handling can take more power

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolboy007 (Post 3172891)
Yes definitely. Race dynamics or Petes would definite come out with something or they should have as the same engine is used in Fiesta as well.

I would also go for a remap or box after 4-5k kms as after driving my Vento, this would definitely feel underpowered, the remap should help. Also after 4000-5000 kms we can judge if the chasis balance and handling can take more power

Pete's do not have a tuning box yet for the Fiesta 1.5D. As far as I know, they import their boxes from PSI motorsports, and I guess they do not have a 1.5D version with them. I think the 1.5D engine is not available Europe. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Got the VIN number for my car. It is May manufactured. Dealer said that car is in transit.
Went to the dealer to choose accessories.
As of now I have just ordered seat covers and illuminated scuff plates. The rear view camera costs whopping 25k. It was 15k couple of weeks ago. Dealer says Ford has revised prices for accessories. This was a big let down.

Which variant? Which dealer?
Can you please put the break up price?

Quote:

Originally Posted by zteg (Post 3172994)
Got the VIN number for my car. It is May manufactured. Dealer said that car is in transit.
Went to the dealer to choose accessories.
As of now I have just ordered seat covers and illuminated scuff plates. The rear view camera costs whopping 25k. It was 15k couple of weeks ago. Dealer says Ford has revised prices for accessories. This was a big let down.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSIched'Out (Post 3172817)
From Parry's June 2013 Car sales Analysis, 573 Petrol Ecosports have been shipped to the dealers. Did anyone on this forum get delivery of Petrol Ecosport and more importantly the Automatic one? Last checked, I was informed by the dealer (Wasan, Marinlines Mumbai) that Ford is yet to start the production of Petrol Ecosport (which is supposed to start in late July) and hence the shipment will begin only in August for manual variants and it will take additional one month for automatic variant.

This could be for demo and test drive purposes for showrooms ..

First lot of EcoBoost would get shipped towards second half of July. (As per my info) and the 1.5 shipments to start from August

Quote:

Originally Posted by zteg (Post 3172994)
The rear view camera costs whopping 25k. It was 15k couple of weeks ago. Dealer says Ford has revised prices for accessories. This was a big let down.

Nice trick from Ford. After pricing the car low, they are making it up by selling accessories. Exorbitantly priced, and push it to customers who want to get their cars early.

I suggest you get the car with the minimal set of accessories possible. Once the current euphoria dies down, the prices would come down. Or else you would find a lot of cheap after-market ones very soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosport (Post 3172930)
Pete's do not have a tuning box yet for the Fiesta 1.5D. As far as I know, they import their boxes from PSI motorsports, and I guess they do not have a 1.5D version with them. I think the 1.5D engine is not available Europe. Please correct me if I am wrong.

The 1.5 TDCI motor is available in Europe, and in two states of tune: 75 Bhp and 90 Bhp. It is available on the Fiesta hatch, Fiesta panel van and B-Max MPV.

Cheers,

Jay