Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2013, 10:48   #2491
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

I couldn't edit my previous post but I found this video taken on a TD. Hear the door squeaks. This was posted in another forum and I just found it.

Old 11th July 2013, 11:10   #2492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
5) Monsoon is here and ecosport has poor underbody protection, get your self a good anti corrosion treatment.I recommend 3M gold with a warranty of 5 years, will post the pictures with the procedure done on my car later.There is a 1000 rupees monsoon off now in 3M car care for anti corrosion and paint protection system
did you take it through ford or directly from the 3M car care center.

http://www.india.ford.com/suvs/ecosp...ories/carcare#

EDIT : Does titanium (O) comes with a pre-fitted spoiler as someone pointed out earlier?

Last edited by niks_devil666 : 11th July 2013 at 11:16.
Old 11th July 2013, 11:33   #2493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revv_maniac View Post
Been with the car for a week and driven around 1400 kms so far, including a chennai --> B'luru trip thrown in.

- Massive crowd puller.
- Effortless Video game type of steering but not scary in highways.
- Ride within 40kmph throws people around in the car, definitely unlike sedans.
- Headlight throw and intensity of the beam is miles ahead of any hatchback and all of those Budget sedans with their Bu**ts chopped off (No offense to anyone, i got a Dzire myself ) Powerful Fog lamps unlike those namesake one's in cars <10 lacs.
- Seats are firm, pathetic city roads will test your bottom's tolerance.(courtesy : its suspension and slow speeds in city)
- Anything above 1350 rpm pulls this Wannabe SUMO champion neatly, without any complaints or wanting of more power.
- Intuitive Microsoft SYNC, already addicted to it and miss them in my Dzire(whenever i get to drive that).
- back bench is comfy, no one complained throughout the Chennai --> B'lure --> Chennai trip. 6" footers sat comfortably.
Hi Revv, congrats on the beautiful car and color. Love the blue and if I do consider this car, I'm contemplating opting for the blue as well. I also pondered how the car might look with a white painted roof. What do you think?

Glad to hear the steering isn't scarily light for the highways and that the headlight throw and intensity is good (one of my important requirements for highway driving).

Looks like you're saying the seats are not comfortable for city use. This is a concern; B'luru has more potholes and broken roads than it has proper roads (at least in my daily route to office). How comfortable are the front and rear seats while driving over long distances (like on the Blr-Che trip)?

Did you prefer the blue over the Sea Grey or that wasn't a consideration at all? Seems to be a good start to the ownership and I wish you good luck with it.

Edit: Also sir, that yummy shade and paint gloss is begging for some amazing photos. Could you kindly post some pictures taken from a digicam, if its possible? That color is irresistable on that paint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasi View Post
Congrats on your Ecosport!! Awesome color. Me thinks its one of the best colors on the Ecosport.
You need to take those plastic covers off the seat.
True, that Blue looks awesome to me. Not too light like on the Fabia/Polo and not too dark as on Vento. And take the plastic covers off ah? Aiyooooo! (typical tamil folks reaction). Thambiii, chennaiites like us keep the covers for life, paa. What are you saying (lol.. just for fun. I moved to here from Chennai. No offense intended for anyone).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamishra View Post
One point: Yours is a diesel Titanium model and in your photos the interiors are beige. Well, my understanding was that Titanium comes with black/gray interiors. Can someone please clarify this??
I was confused as well when I saw the pics. Those seats and door pads look beige colored to me too. But is it only them or are the lower half of the dashboard and front door pads also beige? Can't figure it out easily if it's beige or grey. The Titanium (o) EcoBoost I TD'd in B'luru had only the black and dark grey combo on it (I hope beige is not being provided on recent production cars)

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
Moreover the interiors of option pack look classy as compared to other variants.

Did anyone notice the same?
That's interesting. In what context do you say this? (just curious). Because obviously, Titanium (Option) variant will have more features and kitted better than Ambiente and Trend. What else, are you referring to?

Quote:
Some more facts I wanted to add
5) Monsoon is here and ecosport has poor underbody protection, get your self a good anti corrosion treatment.I recommend 3M gold with a warranty of 5 years, will post the pictures with the procedure done on my car later.There is a 1000 rupees monsoon off now in 3M car care for anti corrosion and paint protection system
Nice job done there by 3M, looks neat. Also the underbody looks neatly finished by Ford, with clamps to hold wires and all. In my Fabia I've been seeing a wire (possibly brake wire I think someone mentioned) hanging loose for a while now. (someone maybe also posted a similar observation for VW Polo as well).

When are you planning to source the DRLs, mate?

Quote:
Ambiente, trend, titanium come with black and light grey interiors, titanium opt come with black and dark grey combination
Right about the Titanium variant and going by no black leathers on Revv_maniac's EcoSport, I'm guessing it's Titanium variant (alloy wheels, rear spoiler and front fog lamps being the clues). Never seen a beige interior so far, so this is puzzling. Hope Revv will take some time off revving his engine and share with us.

Quote:
did you take it through ford or directly from the 3M car care center.

EDIT : Does titanium (O) comes with a pre-fitted spoiler as someone pointed out earlier?
Looks like he took it to the 3M car care centre (it's in the last snap).. And yes, either EcoSport (or) EcoSport rules confirmed the Titanium and Titanium (O) both comes factory fit with a rear spoiler.

Quote:
Sorry for not clarifying it earlier. I mean the dual tone shade of Black+dark shadow grey looks better in titanium option as compared to black + neutral grey.
Ok, clear now. Yeah, black + dark grey looked better than the dark +light grey. It's the sort of light grey I suppose was featured on the lower variants of the Skoda Fabia too..

Last edited by k_ajay : 11th July 2013 at 11:51. Reason: Adding response to Niks's post.
Old 11th July 2013, 11:36   #2494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
That's interesting. In what context do you say this? (just curious). Because obviously, Titanium (Option) variant will have more features and kitted better than Ambiente and Trend. What else, are you referring to?
Sorry for not clarifying it earlier. I mean the dual tone shade of Black+dark shadow grey looks better in titanium option as compared to black + neutral grey.
Old 11th July 2013, 12:31   #2495
Senior - BHPian

Hello All,

I saw a Thane registered (MH 04) Red Ford EcoSport at Malad West, Mumbai yesterday night & boy I was simply taken back by the looks.

By no means the car looks less than 4 meters long. Till yesterday, I was thinking all the hype around this car will fizzle out in days to come. But I accept my mistake & now I firmly believe that EcoSport will give most of the car a direct challenge & good run for their money.

One reading the detailed review here, I think Ford has managed to give evverything a person wants from a Car in EcoSport.

The waiting list for this car is only going to get longer & longer in coming months. Other Indian Car manufacturers - it is the time for some smart innovation.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 13:14   #2496

Saw couple of ecosports in HSR layout today in an interval of 5 minutes. One Mars red and the other one was Chill (I think). Road presence was good. However I felt that the rear part of both the vehicles was a bit lower (sagging?) than what I have seen in the showroom. I do not think that the vehicles were loaded. Anyone corroborating/denying/explaining this here?
Old 11th July 2013, 13:51   #2497
BHPian

Hi Guys, please check my new thread in the Technical Section regarding the Ford EcoSport Diesel Recall:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...el-recall.html
xuv2390 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 13:58   #2498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZENith View Post
Saw couple of ecosports in HSR layout today in an interval of 5 minutes. One Mars red and the other one was Chill (I think). Road presence was good. However I felt that the rear part of both the vehicles was a bit lower (sagging?) than what I have seen in the showroom. I do not think that the vehicles were loaded. Anyone corroborating/denying/explaining this here?
I've read other people also saying the same thing on this forum, but I think that's an illusion. The Ecosport has a slanting roof and the rear part does appear bogged down. I also remember thinking the gap between the rear tyres and the walls (Not sure what that part is called) was small. This was with with the 16" tyres, but I'm not it isn't a problem as such since the car must have been tested with load.
Old 11th July 2013, 14:11   #2499
BANNED

I don't know if it has been reported earlier, but apparently two media EcoSports have rolled over. The latest one is reported here
http://bharathautos.com/ford-ecospor...oor-kochi.html

While we all understand that a tall vehicle always has a certain degree of body roll, specially if constricted within 4m and certain enthused drivers don't necessarily realize that; can anyone here who has driven the EcoSport at length comment on its medium-high speed dynamics?
Old 11th July 2013, 14:57   #2500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuv2390 View Post
Hi Guys, please check my new thread in the Technical Section regarding the Ford EcoSport Diesel Recall:

Without doubt a recall for a change in a product location doesn't sound good, but I'm also inclined to say it's encouraging that Ford decided to quickly call in the defaulting pieces and change them immediately. While this may sound to some like a post written on receiving a payment from Ford, what needs to be appreciated is that they identified this problem very soon.

The idiot who decided this placing and approved the design may have nearly/already lost his job for the disaster it can/could/will cause.

It is dampening to experience a recall so soon, but maybe take it in the right spirit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
I don't know if it has been reported earlier, but apparently two media EcoSports have rolled over. The latest one is reported here
http://bharathautos.com/ford-ecospor...oor-kochi.html

While we all understand that a tall vehicle always has a certain degree of body roll, specially if constricted within 4m and certain enthused drivers don't necessarily realize that; can anyone here who has driven the EcoSport at length comment on its medium-high speed dynamics?
Hello, this has already been verified as a rumour and the topple happened in Gujarat, none in Kerala. Please go through the last 15-25 pages where this has been confirmed.

Last edited by k_ajay : 11th July 2013 at 15:09.
k_ajay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 15:09   #2501
BHPian

Quote:
Without doubt a recall for a change in a product location doesn't sound good, but I'm also inclined to say it's encouraging that Ford decided to quickly call in the defaulting pieces and change them immediately. While this may sound to some like a post written on receiving a payment from Ford, what needs to be appreciated is that they identified this problem very soon.

The idiot who decided this placing and approved the design may have nearly/already lost his job for the disaster it can/could/will cause.

It is dampening to experience a recall so soon, but maybe take it in the right spirit?

Hello, this has already been verified as a rumour and the topple happened in Gujarat, none in Kerala. Please go through the last 15-20 pages where this has been confirmed.
@k_ajay: Absolutely, I am taking it in the right spirit and I can assure that no one has paid me anything for posting this irrespective of it being in the positive sense! In short, I was a troubled, harnessed and mentally tortured customer of the M&M XUV5OO and considering the clarity and honesty of the recall Ford, India has made I am extremely happy the way Ford, India did this! Again, hats of to them.

And I am sure that Ford, India will not allow any delivery to happen without the relocation of this module taking place at their Authorized Service Centers.
xuv2390 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 15:10   #2502
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

+1 to that. While it is definitely irritating, I'd rather have my vehicle recalled for a fix, than to be blithely reassured by the manufacturer that all is well.

The real question will be the perception that the average buyer has - will they appreciate the honesty or view Ford as releasing not-fully-tested cars? I wish for the former.

Having said that, what is the glow plug unit doing at the back of the vehicle (OP states its below the left rear door). The only thing that should be there is the fuelling system - the pump and 1st level/water filter.
arunphilip is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 15:14   #2503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuv2390 View Post
@k_ajay: Absolutely, I am taking it in the right spirit and I can assure that no one has paid me anything for posting this irrespective of it being in the positive sense! In short, I was a troubled, harnessed and mentally tortured customer of the M&M XUV5OO and considering the clarity and honesty of the recall Ford, India has made I am extremely happy the way Ford, India did this! Again, hats of to them.

And I am sure that Ford, India will not allow any delivery to happen without the relocation of this module taking place at their Authorized Service Centers.
Fantastic. I hope Ford doesn't allow for any more screw-ups or their current 'hotness' factor will go south like an arrow shot downwards.

True that. I once peeked into the XUV niggles thread and was shocked beyond belief. So many issues and no immediate recall. Ford did better for sure.

This apart, hope you'll continue to have a good experience with your vehicle. Have you started an initial experience thread already or considered one? Some on-the-fence prospects (like myself) are early waiting for them (specifically since you seem to have stepped down from a larger vehicle [XUV]).

Last edited by k_ajay : 11th July 2013 at 15:19.
Old 11th July 2013, 15:23   #2504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Having said that, what is the glow plug unit doing at the back of the vehicle (OP states its below the left rear door). The only thing that should be there is the fuelling system - the pump and 1st level/water filter.
Well, I do not know the exact location as yet and I will try my best to provide a detailed summary of the issue once it is fixed.

Quote:
Fantastic. I hope Ford doesn't allow for any more screw-ups or their current 'hotness' factor will go south like an arrow shot downwards.

True that. I once peeked into the XUV niggles thread and was shocked beyond belief. So many issues and no immediate recall. Ford did better for sure.

This apart, hope you'll continue to have a good experience with your vehicle. Have you started an initial experience thread already or considered one? Some on-the-fence prospects (like myself) are early waiting for them.
Unfortunately due to the agents strike at Vasai RTO my car has not been allotted a registration number since Monday hence as a law abiding citizen I am not driving the car on the road until I have all the original papers and number plates in my hand. I took the delivery and kept it in my closed garage until all the required registration formalities have been completed! I will definitely consider a ownership review very soon!

CAN WE PLEASE MOVE THIS DISCUSSION TO THE TECHNICAL SECTION POST (link below)? THIS WOULD BE IN BENEFIT FOR ALL OUR MEMBERS, THANKS.

Old 11th July 2013, 15:26   #2505
BHPian

Quote:
Hello, this has already been verified as a rumour and the topple happened in Gujarat, none in Kerala. Please go through the last 15-25 pages where this has been confirmed.
Somebody in the forum has claimed to know the person who was taking the test drive. But after repeated requests to provide details, the person seems to have disappeared.

I think, some people are working overtime to discredit Ecosport. Somebody had reported that some Renault showrooms were showing pictures of toppled Ecosports in the TVs placed there.

Most Viewed