Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2013, 22:30   #2521
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

A video for the folks who like the EcoSport.

Not in English language but you can see glimpses of the suspension torture test & a glimpse of the water wading test. Enjoi!

Old 11th July 2013, 22:50   #2522

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post
From Parry's June 2013 Car sales Analysis, 573 Petrol Ecosports have been shipped to the dealers. Did anyone on this forum get delivery of Petrol Ecosport and more importantly the Automatic one? Last checked, I was informed by the dealer (Wasan, Marinlines Mumbai) that Ford is yet to start the production of Petrol Ecosport (which is supposed to start in late July) and hence the shipment will begin only in August for manual variants and it will take additional one month for automatic variant.
Mate - I'm sorry if this reply of mine comes right out of nowhere! I've been to the Navi Mumbai showroom and have been in contact with the sales guys multiple times to try and get some idea of the AT variant booking procedure/ wait times. The last I heard yesterday from this sales guy is that wait for 6 months and then you might get the vehicle. I mean I really wanted to get my hands on this one but now I have explored other AT models altogether.
Old 11th July 2013, 23:13   #2523
Senior - BHPian

BHPians, and more importantly, Vid and GTO,
If I were to ask you folks to rate the handing and ride of Ecosport with the best handling hatches - Punto, Swift and Figo, how would it be?
Am sure this would be an interesting comparo.
Thanks!
Old 11th July 2013, 23:29   #2524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuv2390 View Post
Hi Guys, please check my new thread in the Technical Section regarding the Ford EcoSport Diesel Recall:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...el-recall.html
Hi All Ecosport enthusiasts,

Even i did get a call from Ford India saying need to bring my car for the glow plug module to be moved. I was surprised that it drives flawless and havent found any niggles, as yet.

Got a call from the dealership from where i purchased the car within 30 mins. They said we need to do a routine check and needs a small modification for the monsoon season. I asked is it about glow plug, she did say YES. She accepted that it is about some "Rust issue" but nothing much I know about it. She asked me to come on saturday morning, I said I am coming tomorrow morning at 10, I cannot wait till the weekend to figure what is wrong with my car. She said sure.

At least I am happy about the recall even before something failed or anyone complained. Follow up from dealership right after the call from company assures me of the after sales support for my Ecosport.

Will update you guys post the workshop session.

All you Ecosport fans who are skeptical about the car. Please don't. I am not a fan boy since I own one now. I also have a Dzire which finds 12000 homes per month on an average, but ecosport is miles ahead in all the areas than the favorite pseudo-sedan of India.

Just buy the Ecosport, if you are waiting for a better car than any previously owned car < 15 lacs in India.

There are few things, which can be improved or changed. But that is nitpicking, will share them in my review soon.

Cheers,
A happy Ecosport owner.
revv_maniac is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 23:31   #2525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
BHPians, and more importantly, Vid and GTO,
If I were to ask you folks to rate the handing and ride of Ecosport with the best handling hatches - Punto, Swift and Figo, how would it be?
Am sure this would be an interesting comparo.
Thanks!
Some time back, I sent a comparo between Ecosport and Punto to my friend who was confused as to buy what. My intention was to make him buy Punto. Don't call me biased.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-compare.jpg
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 23:40   #2526
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Some time back, I sent a comparo between Ecosport and Punto to my friend who was confused as to buy what. My intention was to make him buy Punto. Don't call me biased.

Attachment 1109379
I believe Ecosport is roomier.
Also I believe Punto's turning radius is 5.2m. Correct me if am wrong.
Old 11th July 2013, 23:47   #2527
BHPian

As a prospective owner I'm very happy that the issue will be resolved since they will try to do it at the production level in future

Regarding Duster marketing they have failed miserably for a simple fact that they say Ecosport has long waiting periods, If i book a Duster today the dealer says he needs 21 days to deliver the vehicle. I don't know why he needs so much of time
Old 11th July 2013, 23:57   #2528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
I believe Ecosport is roomier.
Also I believe Punto's turning radius is 5.2m. Correct me if am wrong.
Me and my friend went for test drive of EcoSport and Punto on the same day. I felt Punto to be slightly better in space. I leave it at that. It may be debatable.

The turning radius of Punto is 5 m only as per Fiat India website.

Last edited by rameshnanda : 12th July 2013 at 00:00.
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2013, 00:13   #2529
nmo
BHPian

Here is the Ecosport waiting period situation at AVK Ford, Mumbai:

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_0014_1.jpg
Old 12th July 2013, 07:27   #2530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post

It's a mechanical product and made on the assembly line, it does throw up problems that the test cars that are usually hand-built don't.
Normally companies make 50-100 vehicles only for testing and proving it out. Out of this only 5-10 vehicles are hand made (body panels) rest all parts are manufactured as usual. As manufacturing of dies is very costly affair they normally they are finalized at a later stage. I believe, this year's monsoon played villain here. Because the machine is available in other markets as well Ford has not faced the problem there.
Old 12th July 2013, 09:20   #2531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineetg84 View Post
Its getting on my nerves now , Ford is playing with my emotions.I have decided to keep myself away from Eco sport for at least next 1 year. Long waiting period , dominating dealers , test drive vehicle toppling incidents , no test drives. The recall is last nail in coffin.
Old 12th July 2013, 09:42   #2532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revv_maniac View Post
Got a call from the dealership from where i purchased the car within 30 mins. They said we need to do a routine check and needs a small modification for the monsoon season. I asked is it about glow plug, she did say YES. She accepted that it is about some "Rust issue" but nothing much I know about it. She asked me to come on saturday morning, I said I am coming tomorrow morning at 10, I cannot wait till the weekend to figure what is wrong with my car. She said sure.
Glow plug recall is fine but Rust can be big issue for customers and it cannot be repaired since it will need a whole lot of paint undertreatment.

The best part it that noone will notice it now, but only after few years when the paint starts to chip off and initial warranty is over. Its a bad position to be in.

Its better to wait until they fix the issue in the production line.

Last edited by dadu : 12th July 2013 at 09:43.
Old 12th July 2013, 09:58   #2533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolathalye View Post
Its getting on my nerves now..The recall is last nail in coffin.
Hmm... I have different perspective regarding the recall. Ford is ready to acknowledge their mistake, they are fixing the mistake via a re-call, which is good. Now, consider the case of Ford not going for a recall. There will be customers who may come up with an issue, many may not face the issue, then can replace the module if customer shows up with a complaint or they can do it when customers come up for their first service which will be due in one month. Instead of doing this Ford was ready to accept mistake and they called in for a recall.. its a good thing :-).

I remember that 1st gen hyundai i20 was having a steering rattle issue, which every one was aware of. Ignorant people where Hyundai ASS and company, they never acknowledged the issue. It was only fixed on the new gen i20. Many of previous gen i20 owners still lives with the issue.

Now consider this, what if Hyundai had recalled previous gen i20 when they found the issue? and corrected the issue? wouldn't it be much better?. Enormous number people would have been benefited.

Every car is a machine, it may have design flaws or un-seen issues that comes up with peculiar circumstance its been used on(every case may not be tested), it may come up with couple of niggles, any machine could turn out faulty. Merc's had recalld,BMW had recalled,Honda,Toyota ... the list goes on.
Recall means there is fault on manufacturers side, I agree. But its good to have the manufacturer back you when you are in trouble.
limited-edition is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th July 2013, 10:06   #2534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
5) Monsoon is here and ecosport has poor underbody protection, get your self a good anti corrosion treatment.I recommend 3M gold with a warranty of 5 years, will post the pictures with the procedure done on my car later.There is a 1000 rupees monsoon off now in 3M car care for anti corrosion and paint protection system
@ecosport rules: Can you please share details of how much you spent for the 3M Gold under body coating? Did you also get paint protection?

Though I am against paint protection because I feel that manufacturers like Ford would definitely follow stringent chemical processes prior to painting the car while on the other hand a under body coating maybe worth while! I may consider getting one done tomorrow! Do let me know how much you paid.
Old 12th July 2013, 10:19   #2535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top gear View Post
I had booked for the ES-base version (Ambiente Diesel) 3 weeks before the launch date, and yet to get alloted a vehicle, the showroom (Lathangi Ford, J.P.Nagar in Blore) are telling me that they have not yet received a single base verison model till now from ford guys, anyone facing same problem in other parts of country?
People who have booked trend at the launch date (3 weeks later in reference to my advance booking) are having the vehicles in their place :(
Ford - I am not happy with this
I am in the same boat! I booked the Ecosport on June 13 but for the AT version. They however asked me to choose the version after launch. Once it was launched, they told me AT will take minimum 3 months. I was Aghast. Then came the auto-car review which didn't show the AT in good light coupled with certain factors at home which made me choose the 1.5 Petrol Trend version which was also promptly told might take 3-5 months.

I escalated but only to receive the same answer from the GM sales of dealer. I wanted to be one of the first to own one but realizing thats not going to happen I gave up since we are shifting my house in next 3-4 months which has parking space for the ES (Otherwise the ES has to make way for other cars and be parked in the road).

Finally i decided to choose the Ambient 1.5 Diesel version ( Basically I have been all over the place) since my next work place is a minimum 30 KM away and multiple friends told me the Ford Petrol has miserable resale value.

The expectations set with me was very clear. We dont even know if the base versions of the Petrol & Diesel will ever be produced (So its basically a marketing gimmick to lure people into the showroom). Even if produced it would be for customers like me who pre-booked. So he asked me to wait 3 months again. By now i have given up and reconciled to the fact I have a long wait ahead. So I am going to wait till i move into the new house and then take this issue head on. Do PM me if you want to take it to the next level.

Last edited by urajkumar : 12th July 2013 at 10:27.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks