Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2013, 23:13   #2641
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Perhaps it is best to wait an year and buy the Ecosport with a discount and directly from the showroom than book it now and buy it before user reports are really in!
frequentflyer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2013, 00:04   #2642
BHPian

I have a concern regarding the hatch door hung spare wheel.
This might be just me but doesn't anybody feel that after an year of few 'K' Kms the hatch door may develop RATTLE due to its own good heavy weight and then a 16" hung to it. I know Ford is no Tata or Mahindra but still I was little wondering over it.
Old 16th July 2013, 09:13   #2643
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Monk View Post
This might be just me but doesn't anybody feel that after an year of few 'K' Kms the hatch door may develop RATTLE due to its own good heavy weight and then a 16" hung to it. I know Ford is no Tata or Mahindra but still I was little wondering over it.
The design itself lends to such flaws over a few years no matter how well put together the car might be. What can you do about it? Not much except drive it like the Urban SUV its meant to be. And like any other piece of thing held in place by nuts, keep checking! I simply don't believe its that much of a concern. Not something that will influence any ones buying decision.

And if its sucha problem, take it off and fix it over the roof like i've seen on some Defenders in the Himalayan region.
Old 16th July 2013, 10:44   #2644
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Was going through VW Taigun concept!
http://forum.autocarindia.com/index....aigun-concept/

Now thats quite a looker!! And looks very similar to Ecosport in terms of Size/Space etc.
Is it only me or does it actually look more or less like Duster?
Old 16th July 2013, 10:47   #2645
BHPian

I thought ecosport automatic is a good upgrade to my i10 Automatic.

Looking at the waiting periods and Ford Sales Arvisor behaviour I will just wait for another year and buy later. My 2 year old i10 Automatic is serving my purpose of city travel with occassional long drives very well.

Maybe other companies will wake up and come out with better (mini, urban, city, compact,crossover....) SUVs by then.
Old 16th July 2013, 10:58   #2646
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoNotHorn View Post
Looking at the waiting periods and Ford Sales Arvisor behaviour I will just wait for another year and buy later. My 2 year old i10 Automatic is serving my purpose of city travel with occassional long drives very well.
The best upgrade as of now for an i10 AT as per me is Micra CVT. Loaded and also gives a very good FE (thanks to CVT)
This is in case if its being used as a second car. For a first car requirement, I think needs/requirements/priorities have to be re-evaluated

Last edited by ampere : 16th July 2013 at 11:08.
Old 16th July 2013, 11:08   #2647
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
The best upgrade as of now for an i10 AT as per me is Micra CVT. Loaded and also gives a very good FE (thanks to CVT)
I agree with you. It is pretty loaded for a hatch. How is CVT performance BTW. I mean compared to i10 and A-Star ATs. Any idea? Autocar says CVT is lazy. But I do not gove much credit to these jurnos' comments. They jump off a Jaguar or Porsche into Micra and then they say it is slow. Their comparisons have to be on even keel.
Old 16th July 2013, 13:23   #2648
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Monk View Post
I think this aspect will be fine and the door will not rattle. The Pajero rear door does not rattle, so it is not necessary that the rear door rattle if the product is designed well. The EcoSport has been selling with this design in Brazil since a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
The design itself lends to such flaws over a few years no matter how well put together the car might be. What can you do about it? Not much except drive it like the Urban SUV its meant to be. And like any other piece of thing held in place by nuts, keep checking! I simply don't believe its that much of a concern. Not something that will influence any ones buying decision.

And if its sucha problem, take it off and fix it over the roof like i've seen on some Defenders in the Himalayan region.
This will drop stability (as one is increasing the Centre of Gravity by placing a heavy object higher. Also the Roof Rails, Cross Bars and Roof Rack have a wt holding capacity of 50Kgs, and a good portion of this limit will be taken up by the spare wheel, besides it does not lend itself to this kind of design.

I somehow don't see the rear door rattling so this should then be not really require to be even considered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoNotHorn View Post
I thought ecosport automatic is a good upgrade to my i10 Automatic.

Maybe other companies will wake up and come out with better (mini, urban, city, compact,crossover....) SUVs by then.
i10 AT would indeed be well upgraded to an AT EcoSport, in the meanwhile the Brio AT and the Micra CVT are also good options. Actually you could book the i10 AT now and get it after a year. You basically loose out on 3K for the cancellation if you cancel or/and about 4.5K towards interest on the 50K you have to put in now. You might be pleasantly surprised to find the vehicle being made available earlier or might not.
Old 16th July 2013, 13:54   #2649
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

As per the dealer I am interacting with:

1) First lot of Deliveries took place and the vehicles were handed over to the first set of customer.

2) Lot meant to be dispatched on 30th June has as yet not arrived. - Due to the diesel Glow Plug relocation recall which is being taken care of before the next lot arrives.

3) There was a mention of the rear trunk light staying on and causing the battery to get drained out. This too is being sorted out pre delivery going ahead. Applicable to all variants.

4) The Reverse Parking sensor accessories and illuminated scruff plates for sure and some more stuff will reach Chennai (Ford Warehouse) on 17th-18th and will only then be further dispatched. So dealers seem to have some early stocks of these or are passing off Figo / Fiesta material as that of EcoSport - causing some of it to not fit due to incorrect adapters or shorter wires.

5) This dealer will give delivery of the vehicles when due and will supply / install any pending accessory later when it arrives.

6) AT deliveries will be slow but the order book is also low for the AT.

7) As mentioned earlier White is most wanted colour followed by efforts to make Earth into Mars. Other colours are more or less in similar demand.
ACM is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th July 2013, 15:11   #2650
BHPian

I just got a call from Elite Ford telling me that my car is ready and I should make arrangements for payment as soon as possible.

From what I understood from the dealer, I have to make the payment and only then will they invoice the car and will deliver the car within a week of making the payment. My view was that we make payment at the time of delivery. Is that right or is this the way payments are made. Also what are the other arrangements and checks I have to make? Advice is apreciated.
Old 16th July 2013, 16:13   #2651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup? View Post
I just got a call from Elite Ford telling me that my car is ready and I should make arrangements for payment as soon as possible.

From what I understood from the dealer, I have to make the payment and only then will they invoice the car and will deliver the car within a week of making the payment. My view was that we make payment at the time of delivery. Is that right or is this the way payments are made. Also what are the other arrangements and checks I have to make? Advice is apreciated.
Only once the payments are made or loan disbursed, any dealer would go ahead with the other fomalities. It will take atleast 2 days for the dealer to get the insurance/ registration in place after the cheque is realise.
Old 16th July 2013, 16:22   #2652
BHPian

Quote:
Theoretically this could happen, but I would trust that Ford would have done enough testing to ensure that the design is robust enough so rattles won't develop unless the car is severely abused.

For some perspective, i have been driving a 5.5 year old endeavour for the past 9 months and the car doesn't have a single rattle, let alone the tailgate.

Quote:

Congratulations!

Can you please share with us when and what variant you booked?

Last edited by swale84 : 16th July 2013 at 16:25.
swale84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2013, 16:23   #2653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swale84 View Post

Congratulations!

Can you please share with us when and what variant you booked?
I booked the Diesel Trend version on 27th June.
Old 16th July 2013, 16:40   #2654
BHPian

Just got know from my SA in Metro Ford that the waiting period for Ecoboost variant might be 6 months for people who have booked the car pre launch and more than a year for people booking it after the launch.

He also informed that Ford is giving only 5 cars every 3 months and the strategy might change only after the first lot is delivered.

Has anyone else heard about this from any of other dealers. I believe it is ridiculous on part of Ford to hype the Ecoboost by excessive marketing and not deliver as per customer expectations as I felt producing 5 cars per dealer for 3 months is not worth all this hype and planning to cancel my booking if I do not get a clear clarity in the next one month(as it is already a month has passed).
Old 16th July 2013, 16:58   #2655
BHPian

Quote:

Only after payment , the dealer will register the vehicle. Congrats. We may receive our vehicles on the same day.

Dealer has asked me to make balance payment. I have requested him to deliver by this weekend. fingers crossed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks