Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2013, 17:02   #2656
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykc78 View Post
I felt producing 5 cars per dealer for 3 months is not worth all this hype and planning to cancel my booking if I do not get a clear clarity in the next one month(as it is already a month has passed).
I don't think that number is correct. I guess Ford has around 250 dealers and if you do the math only around 1300 Ecosports will be made each month as per 5 car policy. I guess that is not true.
If you liked the vehicle and if you can wait I suggest you wait for a month or so, let the dust settle and the waiting period quoted will come down by its own. Duster & Ertiga were also sporting year long waiting periods initially, now it is down to days / weeks based the variant you choose.
mpksuhas is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2013, 17:04   #2657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frequentflyer View Post
Perhaps it is best to wait an year and buy the Ecosport with a discount and directly from the showroom than book it now and buy it before user reports are really in!
Keeping in mind the preference of Indian consumer to own a suv and Ecosport price tag, it is highly unlikely within a year discounts and ready delivery would be available! And the real competition is also far away! Like 2 years away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisrujan View Post
My Ecoboost ownership report is out!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ond-white.html
Congrats!!! Will join your league this month end!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
An idiot can topple himself even while walking, why drive ?

Ford would have done good amount of testing before releasing this vehicle(Its a global model) and the terrain of Brazil matches more of our curvy roads isnt it ?

At the same time, i see many people conclude that it is entirely due to drivers fault. Very few have been lucky to own Ecosport now and its too early to comment on toppling of this car.

But the point to note here is, the steering is extremely light and i felt it lacks feedback. Even at speeds above 80kmph, i felt steering to be still light. So if a driver is ignorant to this and does sudden movements at high speed, due to light steering, it can happen too !!

Apart from that ES feels planted and drives well. But it is no where close to even the low end sibling Ford Figo in terms of ride and handling

I too agree. I test Drove Ecosport , I found it way more planted (in Ritz league) than an Omni which is more prone to topple!
Old 16th July 2013, 17:18   #2658
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
I don't think that number is correct. I guess Ford has around 250 dealers and if you do the math only around 1300 Ecosports will be made each month as per 5 car policy. I guess that is not true.
If you liked the vehicle and if you can wait I suggest you wait for a month or so, let the dust settle and the waiting period quoted will come down by its own. Duster & Ertiga were also sporting year long waiting periods initially, now it is down to days / weeks based the variant you choose.
The OP is referring to only the EcoBoost variant.
arunphilip is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2013, 17:43   #2659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
They are saying this is only for Ecoboost(1.0 litre) variants, he said there would be only 5 ecoboost delivered for every 3 months, so I wanted to know is there anyone who has taken delivery of Ecoboost in Bangalore and when did they book it?
jaykc78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2013, 18:23   #2660
BHPian

Ecosport crosses 30000 bookings !!!

http://motorbash.com/official-ford-e...gs-in-17-days/
niks_devil666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2013, 19:37   #2661
BHPian

I actually inquired from Renault if there is any Duster 4wd launch soon and the answer was "No". So i guess ES is going to beat Duster all hands down. It already has proved to be a runaway success and the lead might just widen a whole lot. Following is the response from Renault customer care on my 4wd inquiry on Duster:
Dear Mr. Raja,

Thank you for writing in Renault India Customer Care.

We appreciate your interest shown in our Renault Products.

We regret to inform you as of now there is no immediate plans for Duster availability with 4X4 wheel drive, if there are some changes with the product the same will be updated in our website www.renault.co.in

Assuring best services

Best Regards,

Renault India Customer Care
Old 16th July 2013, 19:40   #2662
BHPian

Update about 3M Car Care's Tariff for the Ecosport

If you have availed 3M's detailing services for your new Ford Ecosport, or planning to visit them with your new car in the near future, please note that 3M has now classified the Ecosport under the "Medium" category (their detailing services are priced based on the size classification).

If you have already availed their services and you've been charged for the "large" car, please contact your outlet - you should get a refund for the price difference.

Last edited by saisrujan : 16th July 2013 at 19:41. Reason: Changed the heading
saisrujan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th July 2013, 20:04   #2663
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford India receives 30,000 bookings for EcoSport.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/21105484.cms
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2013, 21:17   #2664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swale84 View Post
I just received this email from Wasan Ford, Marine lines, where I have booked a Petrol automatic on the 26th of June (day of launch).

I sent them an email on the 11th of July asking for an update on the status of my booking since there was no information from them so far.

I'm not sure what to make of this since I don't know how often they receive a lot of cars. Their 2.5 - 3 month guesstimate would meant that they receive another 10 petrol automatics within 2 weeks of this first lot!

I plan on sitting on my booking for a while longer since the other options I was considering (City AT, Vento AT) don't really excite me as much.

However, if the delivery period does turn out to be as long as 9 - 12 months as some dealerships down south claim, I will have to reconsider.

Cheers,
Suhail
Hi Suhail,
Are you sure about your priority number or the date of booking? I booked an AT with Wasan Marinelines on 27th and my no. is 57.
As per my conversation with Showroom Manager, there is still no clue about the delivery period though my booking receipt mentions 4 months.
Old 16th July 2013, 22:10   #2665
BHPian

Quote:
Update about 3M Car Care's Tariff for the Ecosport

If you have availed 3M's detailing services for your new Ford Ecosport, or planning to visit them with your new car in the near future, please note that 3M has now classified the Ecosport under the "Medium" category (their detailing services are priced based on the size classification).
@saisrujan: Can you please share the tariff for the EcoSport 3M under body coating?
Old 16th July 2013, 22:14   #2666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuv2390 View Post
@saisrujan: Can you please share the tariff for the EcoSport 3M under body coating?
I paid the "large car" tariff - and it was around Rs.4500, the medium car should be around Rs.3500, your best bet is to call your local 3M outlet. Also, they have an offer running - Rs.1000 off if you go for paint-protection + under-body rust protection.
Old 16th July 2013, 22:49   #2667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zteg View Post
Only after payment , the dealer will register the vehicle. Congrats. We may receive our vehicles on the same day.

Dealer has asked me to make balance payment. I have requested him to deliver by this weekend. fingers crossed.
Yes, but why should it take 2 weeks? He says if I make the payment tomorrow, I will get the car by the end of the month. Registration should not take more than 2 or 3 days right? He mentioned something about getting the car from Chennai. Should it not be that they should already have the car here? I don't know why I get the feeling that something is not quite right.
Old 16th July 2013, 22:51   #2668
BHPian

Quote:
I paid the "large car" tariff - and it was around Rs.4500, the medium car should be around Rs.3500, your best bet is to call your local 3M outlet. Also, they have an offer running - Rs.1000 off if you go for paint-protection + under-body rust protection.
I created quite an issue asking how did they brand Ecosport in Large vehicle category when i went last week to get my Ecosport's Under body coated and paint protection coating. I saw fortuners, pajeros and Innovas in that list with Ecosport being termed as Large with them . I came back without getting it done. I asked the owner there to speak to the Head office and bring Ecosport in Medium segment as it is within 4m in length and also lower quarter of the car has black plastic cladding which wont be wax coated anyways, they said will speak and get back to me.

Great to see that they did actually discuss this issue.

Cheers.
Old 16th July 2013, 23:00   #2669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revv_maniac View Post
I created quite an issue asking how did they brand Ecosport in Large vehicle category when i went last week to get my Ecosport's Under body coated and paint protection coating. I saw fortuners, pajeros and Innovas in that list with Ecosport being termed as Large with them . I came back without getting it done. I asked the owner there to speak to the Head office and bring Ecosport in Medium segment as it is within 4m in length and also lower quarter of the car has black plastic cladding which wont be wax coated anyways, they said will speak and get back to me.

Great to see that they did actually discuss this issue.

Cheers.
Well, I wish to take credit for this. I sent them this table and cried foul. Pat came the response. They also thanked me for pointing out the problem, and offered me a free car wash at my convenience, along with confirming the re-classification.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-size-classification.jpg
saisrujan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2013, 23:57   #2670
BHPian

5W-30 Synthetic oil for Tdci Ecosport & service interval of 10k means service cost on the higher side.Can anyone clarify ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks