Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-191.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by nmo (Post 3186973)

Is it all right to make the full payment in advance? Please advise. please:

I don't believe you should have to make a full payment before a vehicle has been allotted to you. A booking fee is more acceptable. Although, I don't think there is too much harm... Beside maybe the possibility of the dealer not sticking to his word and delivering later than the 45 days promised.

That said, I would wait until some of the more experienced members respond before making a decision.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anilkumar (Post 3187035)
Everyone who are looking for accessories I happen to get the front bumper applique for mars red it looks stunning IMO

Are those bumper appliques nicely attached with the clips that came with the applique? Or did they cut out the clips and attach the applique to the bumper with double-tape?

The fortune ford workshop folks in Balanagar did a shabby job on mine and I'm trying to follow-up and see if I can get it re-done. Please check and let me know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lyneld (Post 3187067)
I don't believe you should have to make a full payment before a vehicle has been allotted to you. A booking fee is more acceptable. Although, I don't think there is too much harm... Beside maybe the possibility of the dealer not sticking to his word and delivering later than the 45 days promised.

That said, I would wait until some of the more experienced members respond before making a decision.

The logic given is that there were 20 Petrol ATs and 40 TDCI Titanium + Titanium (O) pre-booked with them before June 26th price announcement. They are being allocated 35 Vehicles per month out of which they are not hopeful of getting more than 4 Petrol AT vehicles per month. They expect at least 80% allocation of diesels, so they should be able to allocate a diesel vehicle provided they allow me to switch my preference from Petrol AT to TDCI Titanium (O). That is where their discretion comes in and the demand for full payment in advance. The booking amount had already been paid on June 26th.

Quote:

Need your advice on this one:

Never Ever make an advance full payment for a car in India, forget a car, for anything unless delivery is within a day or so.

45 days is a joke, they will make you cry and beg and it could lead to one of the costliest mistakes of your life.

It could be a genuine case too but it is a big IF and I really would not recommend.

Say some thing like you will put down another 50,000 or so as a surety money and balance will be on delivery. Worse in this case will be just one lakh stuck.

Also my friend take everything in writing on their letter pad and have it stamped, signatures hold very little value compared to a stamp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saisrujan (Post 3187121)
Are those bumper appliques nicely attached with the clips that came with the applique? Or did they cut out the clips and attach the applique to the bumper with double-tape?

The fortune ford workshop folks in Balanagar did a shabby job on mine and I'm trying to follow-up and see if I can get it re-done. Please check and let me know.

Srujan its not attached i wanted to see how it looked on mars red so i requested the showroom guys they gave a demo by just placing the applique

also wanted to ask you about under chassis anti corrosion coating is it mandatory ?
whats your take on head light protector is it necessary ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by eq24 (Post 3187285)
Never Ever make an advance full payment for a car in India, forget a car, for anything unless delivery is within a day or so.
=========
Also my friend take everything in writing on their letter pad and have it stamped, signatures hold very little value compared to a stamp.

Noted. I guess I could wait for them to clear the pre-bookings and probably hand them scanned copy of DD made in their favour. Only after getting the VIN, I should hand them the physical draft. I could possibly give them a Lac or so as commitment money just to keep them happy. What say?

Quote:

nmo, I dont think it is wise to make the full payment unless a car has been alloted to you and the car has arrived at the Dealer stock yard.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anand89 (Post 3186668)
Hi guys. I'm new to the forum.
=======
We are very much interested in this car and would like to know the waiting period too.

The eco boost engine is available at Metro Ford. You could check with them. Metro Ford in fact did not have any of the diesel variants for a TD about 10 days back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nmo (Post 3187277)
They expect at least 80% allocation of diesels, so they should be able to allocate a diesel vehicle provided they allow me to switch my preference from Petrol AT to TDCI Titanium (O). That is where their discretion comes in and the demand for full payment in advance. The booking amount had already been paid on June 26th.

Still a big NO for making the full payment. Even if they have a discretion in allotment i dont see why they should be asking you to make the full payment except for shoring up their cash position which is what i think they are trying to do. Still its a risk and you will be left at their mercy in case they dont deliver it on time.

Brazil EcoSport had Daylight Running Lights (DRL) and same was removed from India edition to strip down the vehicle to be able to price it cheaper than Duster. Check out the Pic. The headlamp still has a housing for same with holes on both ends for the LED stick... Hope Ford introduces same sometime soon

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-image167327012.jpg

Quote:

I had booked Ecosport Petrol AT on June 26th with AVK Ford. As you are aware, Petrol AT deliveries are nowhere in sight and the dealer is still talking of 6 month waiting for the AT.

I am in no position to wait for 6 months as I have already sold off one of my cars and need a replacement badly!

As a special case, the SE has advised me to switch to TDCI (O) and make the full payment in advance. They would provide me delivery of TDCI (O) after 45 days of receipt of full payment.

Please do not swallow the bait - hook, line and sinker. I had pre-booked an Ecosport with them on November 11, 2012; they weren't specifying models then though I wanted an AT. They have not given me a priority number till date or the flexibility to switch to an EcoBoost or a Diesel (which I am not likely to exercise, but wanted to know how forthcoming these folks would be). All I hear from them is polite but vague assurances - I requested them to cancel my booking two weeks ago but I am yet to hear from them, they didn't even acknowledge my e-mail. I had copied it to Ford MD address and got a canned reply that they will take it up with the dealer and urged me exercise patience. I too need a car rather quickly as the lease on my current car has run out and I am extending it as an exception. If I were you, I wouldn't pay them the whole amount and wait for 45 days. One may not loose sleep over a small booking amount but over a million rupees, not so sure, more so when the other party doesn't seem very forthcoming and transparent with information.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harshBLR (Post 3187361)
Brazil EcoSport had Daylight Running Lights (DRL) and same was removed from India edition to strip down the vehicle to be able to price it cheaper than Duster. Check out the Pic. The headlamp still has a housing for same with holes on both ends for the LED stick... Hope Ford introduces same sometime soon

That is sweet! I think I want to get that done...

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnahelix (Post 3187403)
Please do not swallow the bait - hook, line and sinker. I had pre-booked an Ecosport with them on November 11, 2012; they weren't specifying models then though I wanted an AT. ..... If I were you, I wouldn't pay them the whole amount and wait for 45 days. One may not loose sleep over a small booking amount but over a million rupees, not so sure, more so when the other party doesn't seem very forthcoming and transparent with information.

Hmm. I guess it is time to take a test drive of Fiat Linea Tjet. Time to get a Plan B in place.

Quote:

I had booked Ecosport Petrol AT on June 26th with AVK Ford. As you are aware, Petrol AT deliveries are nowhere in sight and the dealer is still talking of 6 month waiting for the AT.

I am in no position to wait for 6 months as I have already sold off one of my cars and need a replacement badly!

As a special case, the SE has advised me to switch to TDCI (O) and make the full payment in advance. They would provide me delivery of TDCI (O) after 45 days of receipt of full payment.

If I were you, I would put the money in my bank account, get a statement out showing the money, and then give them a cheque for the 46th day, If everything is goes well, you have your Ecosport on the 45th day, otherwise, you can stop payment on the cheque!

Has anyone on the forum who got a TDCI EcoSport received any notification for a recall (visit to service station to get a "minor problem" fixed)? I'm interested to know what Ford changed with the glow-plug mounting.