Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2013, 09:42   #2866
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmo View Post
Noted. I guess I could wait for them to clear the pre-bookings and probably hand them scanned copy of DD made in their favour. Only after getting the VIN, I should hand them the physical draft. I could possibly give them a Lac or so as commitment money just to keep them happy. What say?
AVK has been by far the worst in terms of what they say and what they do..making a full payment would be a great mistake IMO. Inspite of my location closer to AVK, i still did my pre-booking with Wasan who seems to be much more organized and ethical.. They promptly gave me a booking no and been transparent till date..my 2 cents
Moto-Mariner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2013, 09:53   #2867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Has anyone on the forum who got a TDCI EcoSport received any notification for a recall (visit to service station to get a "minor problem" fixed)? I'm interested to know what Ford changed with the glow-plug mounting.
Yes.
Please go back a few pages and you will get your answer.
Old 24th July 2013, 10:27   #2868
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyneld View Post
That is sweet! I think I want to get that done...
Won't this give them enough of a reason to void your warranty?
Old 24th July 2013, 10:52   #2869
BHPian

I know these questions would have been asked about 100 times on this 192 Pg thread but I don't have the patience to search for it so here it goes again:

1. Has anybody spotted the 1.5 Petrol Ecosport ?
2. How is the drive compared to the other two models ?
3. What about FE ? (I have seen one thread where the real world FE of Ecoboost is around 11.5 Kmpl which can be bettered to 13 max in the city. In that case what would be the expected FE of the 1.5 Petrol.)
4. And if it is around 11 then doesn't that become a better buy cause of more power and lesser price barring the turbo ?

I am on pg 2 of this thread but hopefully somebody would be kind enough to answer these well before I get here
Switch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2013, 11:18   #2870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
I know these questions would have been asked about 100 times on this 192 Pg thread but I don't have the patience to search for it so here it goes again:
Please use the search facility. Will save you some time. As to the answer to all your questions. No one I know of on team bhp has driven the 1.5 petrol yet. Some auto magazines have published a review of the 1.5 Automatic but Ford hasn't started delivering it yet.
Old 24th July 2013, 12:08   #2871
BHPian

I will receive my Trend Mars Red next week. I am thinking of Reverse Parking sensors (Audio o/p only) as an accessory from the dealer (costing 3500rs) considering the poor rear visibility. Do you guys think I should go ahead or would I be better served by looking for options outside like Redsoul or RD?
Old 24th July 2013, 12:21   #2872
BHPian

Good News Good news . The dealership (Kairali Ford, Thrissur) called up today to inform that I can take delivery by this weekend! YAY!

At last got the stock Alloy wheels for my Black Ambiente Ecosport 1.5D. Thanks Team-Bhp classifieds!!!

Another
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-picture_108686.jpg  

Old 24th July 2013, 13:25   #2873
Distinguished - BHPian

Update from my local dealer

55 Ecosports delivered in and around Cochin. Next lot coming by second week of Aug. My name is in that list so should be getting my car by 3rd week of august. Kinetic Blue and Mars Red least preferred here. Current waiting period for the 1.5D Titantium is 4-5 months.
Old 24th July 2013, 13:43   #2874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Update from my local dealer

55 Ecosports delivered in and around Cochin. Next lot coming by second week of Aug. My name is in that list so should be getting my car by 3rd week of august. Kinetic Blue and Mars Red least preferred here. Current waiting period for the 1.5D Titantium is 4-5 months.

Did you book your with Kairali Ford too?
Old 24th July 2013, 14:13   #2875
BHPian

I had sent an email to Lathangi ford, Bangalore to enquire about the status of TDCi 1.5 Titanium which I had booked on the 13th of July. They responded (well of course after couple of emails) that my booking Serial No is: 554 . Can anyone tell me if this is the serial number from the dealership ? If yes, may lord have mercy on me as the wait to own the Ecosport has just got insanely longer.
Old 24th July 2013, 14:27   #2876
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Did you book your with Kairali Ford too?
Yes, Kairali Ford, Cochin. BTW, when did you book the car?
Old 24th July 2013, 14:42   #2877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Yes, Kairali Ford, Cochin. BTW, when did you book the car?
Around June last week! And they had told me delivery of July last week , and they are keeping their word!
Old 24th July 2013, 14:48   #2878
BHPian

I pre-booked the diesel Titanium version on 17th June and still my dealer i.e NOIDA FORD is telling me that I will get the delivery between 15th - 30th August.
This is ridiculous.

Anyone else who has booked with the same dealer than pls get back.
Old 24th July 2013, 15:07   #2879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
1. Has anybody spotted the 1.5 Petrol Ecosport ?
2. How is the drive compared to the other two models ?
3. What about FE ? (I have seen one thread where the real world FE of Ecoboost is around 11.5 Kmpl which can be bettered to 13 max in the city. In that case what would be the expected FE of the 1.5 Petrol.)
4. And if it is around 11 then doesn't that become a better buy cause of more power and lesser price barring the turbo ?
I don't think anybody has bought the 1.5 Petrol MT version as in all probability it's a paper launch just to get people into the showrooms and make them buy Ecoboost Titanium(O).There are no reviews of MT variant as well.
From what I have heard the dealers will quote ridiculously high waiting periods for these variants.Call it smart tactics or cheating the public but those variants were there just to "shock" everybody with the "amazing" pricing.

Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think Ford is producing these variants and are waiting(6-8 months) till they can legitimately hike the prices of the car citing high demand.
They would not want to sell products which don't make profits to justify their production.

If you want to know mileage figures you can see those of the Fiesta petrol,there would be some difference but not that much.

Last edited by Marauder : 24th July 2013 at 15:09.
Old 24th July 2013, 15:20   #2880
BHPian

Planning to go for the following accessories to the base variant in black :-

1. Rear parking sensors (Utility)
2. Rear Spoiler (Style)
3. Roof styling Rails (style)
4. Chrome finisher front grille (Style)
5. Door scuff plates (utility)

Anymore suggestions for the utility space?

Most Viewed