Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-193.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 3187907)
Update from my local dealer

55 Ecosports delivered in and around Cochin. Next lot coming by second week of Aug. My name is in that list so should be getting my car by 3rd week of august. Kinetic Blue and Mars Red least preferred here. Current waiting period for the 1.5D Titantium is 4-5 months.

I think that is the routine in Kerala, when the Fiesta(old) was launched, waiting was 3 months for black,silver and white. We got our light blue in a matter of weeks. How is the attitude at the dealer? Has the success gone to their heads yet?

Quote:

Originally Posted by avira_tk (Post 3188065)
I think that is the routine in Kerala, when the Fiesta(old) was launched, waiting was 3 months for black,silver and white. We got our light blue in a matter of weeks. How is the attitude at the dealer? Has the success gone to their heads yet?

Dealer altitude is very good. Although they dont have a fixed delivery date, they are doing everything and keeping me updated. No issues with them so far. They have now assured me that I will be getting the car in the next slot which is sometime in mid Aug. Loan process almost done and they are looking into it.

I had a talk with my sales manager today. (In fact I am very happy with my sales experience that i keep calling him even after i got my car delivered).He said more than 40000 bookings all over India.And when asked about the colour preferences,he said even though they had many who opted for white,people are willing to take any colour provided they get the vehicle..
people at Ford must be smiling...

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 3188079)
Dealer altitude is very good. Although they dont have a fixed delivery date, they are doing everything and keeping me updated. No issues with them so far. They have now assured me that I will be getting the car in the next slot which is sometime in mid Aug. Loan process almost done and they are looking into it.

with the booking the kairali people was okay.
But i wanted the 16" alloy wheels of the Titanium model for my Ambiente model , the Kairali people demanded 80,000 for the same! I had a terrible experience with this... Too much :deadhorse
And atlast I got the alloy at fraction of the price they demanded from another place...
Their accessory prices are also on the higher side! So checking PVS and Muthoot for the same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jojoinassi (Post 3188101)
I had a talk with my sales manager today. (In fact I am very happy with my sales experience that i keep calling him even after i got my car delivered).He said more than 40000 bookings all over India.And when asked about the colour preferences,he said even though they had many who opted for white,people are willing to take any colour provided they get the vehicle..
people at Ford must be smiling...

I bet Ford will be laughing all the way to the bank too! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 3188079)

Hi,
Booked a Titanium Diesel Sea Grey Colour at Muthoot Ford, Calicut on 13th of July 2013. Booking number 116 and 7th on Sea Grey, as per thier mail. I was clearly told about 5 months max for the vehicle. Going by your mail, wonder if the delivey would happen earlier!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vu2pmc (Post 3188255)
Hi,
Booked a Titanium Diesel Sea Grey Colour at Muthoot Ford, Calicut on 13th of July 2013. Booking number 116 and 7th on Sea Grey, as per thier mail. I was clearly told about 5 months max for the vehicle. Going by your mail, wonder if the delivey would happen earlier!

3 months would the max time. Also, Sea Grey is in demand here and more cars are expected to arrive of the same color. As of now the initial hype has settled. When I went yesterday the showroom was empty, TD vehicle was parked, only one family was checking out the display car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vu2pmc (Post 3188255)
Hi,

I felt the people at Muthoot Ford were nice. Many of my friends also felt the same. In fact I found them to be quite transparent too . ( Especially when i heard from the forum about the horror stories about other dealers). By the way why don't you contact Mr Pramod , the Sales Manager for an update of your status?

Now that I have the new vehicle, I sold my Swift VDi with ABS (2008 March - done 148000km) for 375000/- . Don't you think it's a nice price ?

I miss my Swift at times - especially when I have a difficult overtaking to do.. Miss that surge of power

Quote:

Originally Posted by uneet (Post 3188001)
I pre-booked the diesel Titanium version on 17th June and still my dealer i.e NOIDA FORD is telling me that I will get the delivery between 15th - 30th August.
This is ridiculous.

Anyone else who has booked with the same dealer than pls get back.

Uneet,
I booked my Titanium (O) Diesel on 26 th June. I visited the dealersip earlier today and was informed that I can expect my car in Mid October. My booking no was 154. Til now they claim to have booked more than 500 cars and there have been just two cancellations.

They have delivered just 23 Cars till today. As per the sales head over there, the despatch of Diesel Cars has been delayed due to the issue related to the Glow Plugs.

I would like to know about the waiting time for other dealerships in NCR.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jojoinassi (Post 3188275)
Now that I have the new vehicle, I sold my Swift VDi with ABS (2008 March - done 148000km) for 375000/- . Don't you think it's a nice price ?

I miss my Swift at times - especially when I have a difficult overtaking to do.. Miss that surge of power

Which variant and color did you upgrade to?
any accessories?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jojoinassi (Post 3188275)

Now that you have upgraded from your well driven swift to this one, how is the transition? Anything special that you miss your swift more apart from overtaking as you said.

Quote:

Originally Posted by johannskaria (Post 3188311)
Which variant and color did you upgrade to?
any accessories?

Mars red titanium
Planning to get the door scuff plates only
I think everything else I need is already there
On second thoughts I might go for the seat covers also
Quote:

Originally Posted by justwheels (Post 3188312)
Now that you have upgraded from your well driven swift to this one, how is the transition? Anything special that you miss your swift more apart from overtaking as you said.

Well, I thought I'd miss my swift a lot.But surprisingly,I don't. In fact 3 weeks and 2400 km later , I have fell for Ecosport hook,line and sinker

Swift was almost a part of my life and had served me well . It never failed me even once. I'll have to wait for more time to see if the new car also fares the same

I felt the people at Muthoot Ford were nice. Many of my friends also felt the same. In fact I found them to be quite transparent too . ( Especially when i heard from the forum about the horror stories about other dealers). By the way why don't you contact Mr Pramod , the Sales Manager for an update of your status?

Thanks for the info, wasnt it a certain Dinesh who was the sales manager? Do you have Pramod's number?

My booking no was 73 and still they want me to wait for one more month.
Its hard to believe that this dealership will not even get 70 odd cars in two months!
btw the waiting time till October for you surely seems un-realistic especially when your booking no was only 154.

Also my SA told me that this dealer has got around 480 bookings till last week.

Kindly PM me your number and we can also discuss about it.

Thks

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajneeesh (Post 3188293)
Uneet,
I booked my Titanium (O) Diesel on 26 th June. I visited the dealersip earlier today and was informed that I can expect my car in Mid October. My booking no was 154. Til now they claim to have booked more than 500 cars and there have been just two cancellations.

They have delivered just 23 Cars till today. As per the sales head over there, the despatch of Diesel Cars has been delayed due to the issue related to the Glow Plugs.

I would like to know about the waiting time for other dealerships in NCR.

Quote:

Originally Posted by uneet (Post 3188350)
My booking no was 73 and still they want me to wait for one more month.
Its hard to believe that this dealership will not even get 70 odd cars in two months!
btw the waiting time till October for you surely seems un-realistic especially when your booking no was only 154.

Also my SA told me that this dealer has got around 480 bookings till last week.

Kindly PM me your number and we can also discuss about it.

Thks

I too have booked AT with this dealer. After talking to my sales executive and then with sales head(Mr.Avinash), I am sure that this dealer is most rude and won't be surprised if they are trying to sell cars at premium to other customers. I wish I had booked my car with Harpreet Ford, Delhi. They were much more transparent and gentle in comparison.:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by aquarian1502 (Post 3187965)
I had sent an email to Lathangi ford, Bangalore to enquire about the status of TDCi 1.5 Titanium which I had booked on the 13th of July. They responded (well of course after couple of emails) that my booking Serial No is: 554 :Shockked:. Can anyone tell me if this is the serial number from the dealership ? If yes, may lord have mercy on me as the wait to own the Ecosport has just got insanely longer.

Any members here who have booked through Lathangi ford, Bangalore this month ? If yes, can you please share your booking number here ? Just want to check if the booking number they have quoted me (554) is realistic at all. Which of these dealership is better in terms of transparency ? Cauvery, Metro, Lathangi or Elite ford ?