Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-198.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeKay (Post 3190113)
I have take 3 test drives of the Ecosport till date and being 6'1", I can personally vouch for the Ecosport's driving position and comfort. I have driven the Titanium (O), which has height adjustable seats as well as the ambient, which doesn't. Both fared extremely well in that department. I didn't have any complaints whatsoever.

That's good news! I am waiting to sit in my Ambient version but was worried that the seat might be too low. The SA assured me that it will be kept midway which was sufficient for me when i TD the Titanium version using the height adjust. Fingers crossed! I am 6'1 too:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by P76 (Post 3190858)
I have never seen a 0000 registration, atleast here in Tamilnadu, the registration starts with 0001.

The number plate is photoshopped. The number is single digit one I think, the last zero has been pasted. If we examine closely, all zeros are not in one line.

Quote:

Originally Posted by robimahanta (Post 3190698)
Received the Ecosport Ecoboost Titanium a few days back. I had booked the car on 27th June and the car reached the showroom on 16th July.
The OTR was 8.75L with 15 years registration tax and high security number plates from RTO. Accessories extra.

Some images

Thanks for those excellent snaps Robi ! May i request you to update us on the FE of the ecoboost ? The floor board looks good on it, don't see it being out of place either. The stuble black blends well, looking for something similar for mt ARIA. Mind giving an idea of brand & cost ?

Took delivery of my Baby in White last evening. clap:

Quote:

Received the Ecosport Ecoboost Titanium a few days back. I had booked the car on 27th June and the car reached the showroom on 16th July.

Hi,
Can you please indicate the real world mileage of ecoboost. Mine is expected in 2 weeks time.

Quote:

Received the Ecosport Ecoboost Titanium a few days back.

Congrats and great pics. I envy you so much!:). How is the driving experience when compared to the GT? Is the Spare wheel cover available as a dealer accessory?

PS: Is that a Titanium+ or Titanium. If it is a Titanium+ then please remove the seat covers. The Seat covers will disable the seat airbags.

Drive Safe.

Cheers,

Achyuth

Quote:

Originally Posted by shashank.nk (Post 3190490)
Not too sure if the forum rules permit posting reviews where the OP is commercially interested/involved. Having said that, I for one absolutely loved the video, especially the chess board comparo between the rivals,was unique and different when compared to what we're used to seeing all these years from the Indian auto shows!
Cheers and good luck:)

Thanks Shashank! Always a pleasure to hear good things about the effort we put in. And as far as commercial interests go, trust me, its more of a passion thing :D. We just happen to love the work (even if it doesn't pay as much as a blue-collar job would!).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Achyuth Vaibhav (Post 3190980)

Congrats and great pics. I envy you so much!:). How is the driving experience when compared to the GT?

PS: Is that a Titanium+ or Titanium. If it is a Titanium+ then please remove the seat covers. The Seat covers will disable the seat airbags.

Drive Safe.

Cheers,

Achyuth

Thanks a lot. I prefer driving the GT much more than this. Yes the spare wheel cover is available as a dealer accessory but priced exorbitantly at 11K including painting and fitting.

Obviously, its a titanium and not titanium(o). I am not that big a fool to put seat covers on top of leather seats that too with side airbags. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by eq24 (Post 3190623)
Very well executed video, quite frankly I don't really like watching Indian people doing car videos because they try to emulate Top Gear and other hit Auto shows and the result is always wannabe to downright pathetic.

This one is quite different and refreshingly so. The editing and sound design is commendable. The host in the end gets a little off center from the topic of discussion and it feels it is hurriedly finished but other than that good job.

Thanks for noticing! We try to AVOID watching Top Gear - but we mere mortals can only try. It is extremely tough not to get influenced by them. What we need is - for Clarkson to come to India and work with us! :uncontrol

Your feedback was spot-on! It was indeed finished off in a hurry because of time constraints! We wish we could have spent more time on it. But well, I guess that'll be on the next video now! :)

Thanks again, for watching!

Quote:

Originally Posted by zteg (Post 3190959)
Took delivery of my Baby in White last evening. clap:

Congratulations on your new baby ES, bro. Wishing you a safe drive and happy motoring.

Keep updating us with new pics and your experiences.

Quote:

Negatives:
[/b]
-Nervous handling in triple digit speeds

Congrats on your Ecosport! Wish you many happy miles with it. Dark gray looks stunning and IMO, is probably the best colour with white,black wasn't very appealing to me somehow.
Your comment on the Ecopsort's handling,did you find it bad when compared to your Laura and Polo ? Also, was it the steering which was the weak-link or you observed something else ?

AVK Ford in Powai had an Ecosport on display with Projector headlamps with bi-xenon lamps. But, the price isn't mentioned in my accessories price list.

Can anyone shed some more light on the same?

Quote:

Originally Posted by siddharthseth (Post 3190431)
Fellow BHPians!

For all of you who dig the EcoSport (or not!), created this video review some time back. Hope you guys like it.

Would REALLY appreciate feedback on the video!

Cheers,
Sid

Loved the Video, yep hurried at the end, and there were some sections (near start) where the video cuts / snaps were swapped too fast and hence did not make for good viewing (a mistake that many of the India Auto Shows also do, where one does not really get to look at the visual for long enough before it changes. That was error was present here too but to a much lesser extent, hence this was in my view much better edited than the commercial auto tv shows. - you should join one of those and replace the hosts there.)

The video angles were very good, and innovative, the idea of showing a picture of the head unit while you were driving was not a good safe in my view as it was a quite a speed on a curvy ghat section maybe.

The Locations were perfect.

Sadly you did not review the AT - which would have interested me more. A view about the colours on offer would have been interesting as also an observation on the stunning list of accessories.

Yet all said the best video review of the EcoSport till date.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACM (Post 3191099)
Loved the Video, yep hurried at the end, and there were some sections (near start) where the video cuts / snaps were swapped too fast and hence did not make for good viewing (a mistake that many of the India Auto Shows also do, where one does not really get to look at the visual for long enough before it changes. That was error was present here too but to a much lesser extent, hence this was in my view much better edited than the commercial auto tv shows. - you should join one of those and replace the hosts there.)

The video angles were very good, and innovative, the idea of showing a picture of the head unit while you were driving was not a good safe in my view as it was a quite a speed on a curvy ghat section maybe.

The Locations were perfect.

Sadly you did not review the AT - which would have interested me more. A view about the colours on offer would have been interesting as also an observation on the stunning list of accessories.

Yet all said the best video review of the EcoSport till date.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get my hands on the AT - as much as I badly wanted to! :mad:

And thank you so much for both - the appreciation and criticism! We would really want to step up and end the drudgery of commercial, templatised auto shows in India. And that would be kind of difficult without the support of possibly the most revered auto community in the country :D

Guys, I have posted my Ford EcoSport Titanum TDCi ownership review. Please refer to the link below:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...st-silver.html